Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,120 members, 7,842,238 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? (18242 Views)

Interesting Message Or Heresy: Pst Chris Says Jesus Is No Longer The Way / Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? / Anointing: Why Do Pastors Blow Into Microphones? Why Must People Fall? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 4:38pm On Jun 24, 2010
anietieh:

Its a pity that the first poster's thread has been hijacked. Yet i find it illuminating that it has been hijacked by people like harakiri, nuclear boy, tudor etc.

I am not very educated but i do have a lot of biblical knowledge. For the first poster, i will simply say, in answer to the question in his thread subject:

1. the holy spirit does not display power in that way so your question "is it a good way to show Gods power" does not even arise because that is not Gods power being displayed.

Then i wish harakiri could respond to many of the answers proffered to his questions. It seems that he has gotten tired of the thread. I would also like to know if any of the answers given have satisfied him so that i know which ones to answer or if i should answer all.

@ nuclear boy, you really do know what you are talking about and im glad people like you still exist.

For me the key thing is to have an open mind. My father used to say that the problem most people have is that a man convinced of his opinion is always of the same.

If someone is willing to reason, and not let any thing, previous bias or idea prevent the absorption of a new idea or thought, then the person is more likely to gain.

I wish though that harakiri had taken nuclearboy's advice and posted his question as a new thread, and that way, it would have been easier to focus on the discussion centered on his questions and less fanatics would come in saying things like "God is a mystery", etc. or "man of god" when those ideas are utterly false. I believe that harakiri is seeking for answers. And i know how frustrating it is when one seeks for answers and yet cannot find them. The only ones given are unsatisfactorily. I believe i have reasonable answers to his questions and i hope he gives me a chance to give him my answers.

To tudor, i can only say, that when searching for answers, sincerity is the only thing that determines whether or not one will succeed in getting the true answers. If one is sincere, when he finds the answer, even though it conflicts with all he/she has previously believed, and strongly so, his/her sincerity will make him see that his previous stance was wrong and it takes a great man to do that.  

Actually, none of my previous questions has had a credible answer so i broke it all down to one question.The authenticity of the bible being the true word of the supreme being.We are on the sixth page and no one has an iota of proof that the Jewish god is for real.

Too bad.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by nuclearboy(m): 5:05pm On Jun 24, 2010
@harakiri:

I actually had convinced myself you wanted answers rather than a showing of "I'm a dude and can insult anyone. Big ups to me, yeah!".

But after this time, you come up with "you want to see an angel", "proof that Jehovah is the real God via Him appearing to you etc" and the desire to see a real live "miracle". Look in the mirror, dude - you are the miracle here to demand God "appear" to you. To salve your bruised ego, perharps? To bow before you and hail the mighty "harakiri", defender of them that believe not? or to beg you to believe in Him (seeing as that will make Him truly God, abi?) and stop chasing His potential worshippers away, ehn?  grin

Enjoy your days, dude but one last word - Fear is measured usually by aggression. The more the aggression, the greater the fear. Its called a defence mechanism. Whist you wish its our fear of hell that makes us believe, your refusal to consider alternative thinking and the ferociousness of your attacks (God should show) show a much greater fear - that of requiring excuse to stay where you are no matter how inadequate. Your desire for and joy in support as expressed above tells the story of one seeking approval. As they say, it takes a man to cry in public.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by agitator: 5:24pm On Jun 24, 2010
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by bondxie(f): 5:49pm On Jun 24, 2010
@ Tudor and Harakiri

Am sure if any scientist comes with a theory now to proof that God reside in Moon, U will surely believe. Cos everything to u is being measure by what science say, nosense.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by bros1234(m): 6:01pm On Jun 24, 2010
nuclearboy:

@harakiri:

I actually had convinced myself you wanted answers rather than a showing of "I'm a dude and can insult anyone. Big ups to me, yeah!".

But after this time, you come up with "you want to see an angel", "proof that Jehovah is the real God via Him appearing to you etc" and the desire to see a real live "miracle". Look in the mirror, dude - you are the miracle here to demand God "appear" to you. To salve your bruised ego, perharps? To bow before you and hail the mighty "harakiri", defender of them that believe not? or to beg you to believe in Him (seeing as that will make Him truly God, abi?) and stop chasing His potential worshippers away, ehn?  grin

Enjoy your days, dude but one last word - Fear is measured usually by aggression. The more the aggression, the greater the fear. Its called a defence mechanism. Whist you wish its our fear of hell that makes us believe, your refusal to consider alternative thinking and the ferociousness of your attacks (God should show) show a much greater fear - that of requiring excuse to stay where you are no matter how inadequate. Your desire for and joy in support as expressed above tells the story of one seeking approval. As they say, it takes a man to cry in public.

True talk

This guy wants proof that YHWH is actually the creator or he wants us to prove that there is a creator. I dont know which one.

I dont also know what kind of proof he wants. Is it scientific or miraculous proof, he refuses to state, rather he s here doing a war of words, further displaying his ignorance, fear and foolishness.

Now in one sentence, what would we say or do or demonstrate before you will beleive that there is a God?
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Tudor6(f): 6:14pm On Jun 24, 2010
bondxie:

@ Tudor and Harakiri

Am sure if any scientist comes with a theory now to proof that God reside in Moon, U will surely believe. Cos everything to u is being measure by what science say, nosense.
Emm, unlike religion scientific theories are made with evidence unlike religion where you're told to believe at all cost.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by bros1234(m): 6:34pm On Jun 24, 2010
Scientific proof of God's existence,

I didnt want to get too far with this argument but these Harakiri, Tudor and co is pushing me to get back to my archives instead of my marketing job. My first input on proving the existence of God scientifically is for you guys to consider these arguments

First - The sincere seeker on whether God exists must assume a position of neutrality.  we first have to deal with our philosophical predispositions. If, for example, I am already dedicated to the philosophical idea that nothing can exist outside of the natural realm  no amount of evidence could convince me otherwise.

If we accept the first point then i would go ahead to raise two arguments

1.  the non-existence of God cannot be proven. One cannot prove a universal negative. Alternatively, the existence of God is provable.

2. The concept, design, and intricate details of our world necessitate an intelligent designer. Read about the concept of Intelligent design here- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_design

3. Biochemists and mathematicians have calculated the odds against life arising from non-life naturally via unintelligent processes. The odds are astronomical. In fact, there is still enormous debate as to the possiblity of life  evolving naturally via unintelligent processes. If life did not arise by chance, how did it arise?

4.The universe is ordered by natural laws. Where did these laws come from and what purpose do they serve?
In philosophy we do agree that a transcendent Law Giver is the only plausible explanation for an objective moral standard. So, ask yourself if you believe in right and wrong and then ask yourself why. Who gave you your conscience? Why does it exist?

Guys lets cut these crap and accept the obvious.

And and and and and dont push me man. Many of us Christians have seen all these your arguments, compared and contrasted and accepted the truth. I dont want to get back to school and pick my philosophy books pls

There is God
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by bondxie(f): 7:46pm On Jun 24, 2010
Absolutely no doubt about the existence of HIM. @ Tudor Scientific proof my foot, there so many scitific proof that determine limit to something that have being proven wrong later. Atoms is the smallest , whatever, later it is molecules, only God knows what is the smallest indivicible particles now. Craps ,
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by bondxie(f): 7:53pm On Jun 24, 2010
@ Tudor
If u are still waiting for a scientific proof, or anything that u can comprehend with your senses, i guess u will wait till eternity.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by whiteroses(f): 8:20pm On Jun 24, 2010
i attend christ embassy manchester, they told us his anointimng reaches us even from nigeria and its true, any sunday i attend church i usually feel blessed, lucky and generally happy throughout that week and when i dont i feel low. maybe its all in my head i dont know
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by nuclearboy(m): 8:25pm On Jun 24, 2010
No offence meant, whiteroses, but which would you prefer - anointing from God or from Chris Oyaks? Also, do you believe Jesus was wrong when He said those who follow Hin must NOT be called teacher, master, Rabbi or father in any form and that we are equal?

Its in your head and its unhealthy putting a man where you should put God.

Blessings, Sister smiley
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 24, 2010
whiteroses:

i attend christ embassy manchester, they told us his anointimng reaches us even from nigeria and its true, any sunday i attend church i usually feel blessed, lucky and generally happy throughout that week and when i dont i feel low. maybe its all in my head i dont know

good for u my sister
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Acidosis(m): 8:48pm On Jun 24, 2010
Oh Ye Men Of Little Faith, Have You All Forgotten The Works Of Our Lord Jesus Christ? Anything Is Possible Under The Power Of Divine Anointing. Please, Don't Let Criticism Be The Source Of Your Pleasure And Also, Don't Let Your Canal Mind Lead You To Hell!
Carry Go Pastor Chris & Anita.

Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by otawa: 8:59pm On Jun 24, 2010
Fela SANG and SANG, yet nobody every listen.

Pastor's house na him dey fine past.

My people no get money to buy soap.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by eyzhvntsn: 10:23pm On Jun 24, 2010
undecided
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Tudor6(f): 10:43pm On Jun 24, 2010
bros1234:

Scientific proof of God's existence,

I didnt want to get too far with this argument but these Harakiri, Tudor and co is pushing me to get back to my archives instead of my marketing job. My first input on proving the existence of God scientifically is for you guys to consider these arguments

First - The sincere seeker on whether God exists must assume a position of neutrality.  we first have to deal with our philosophical predispositions. If, for example, I am already dedicated to the philosophical idea that nothing can exist outside of the natural realm  no amount of evidence could convince me otherwise.

If we accept the first point then i would go ahead to raise two arguments

1.  the non-existence of God cannot be proven. One cannot prove a universal negative. Alternatively, the existence of God is provable.

2. The concept, design, and intricate details of our world necessitate an intelligent designer. Read about the concept of Intelligent design here- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_design

3. Biochemists and mathematicians have calculated the odds against life arising from non-life naturally via unintelligent processes. The odds are astronomical. In fact, there is still enormous debate as to the possiblity of life  evolving naturally via unintelligent processes. If life did not arise by chance, how did it arise?
*YAWN*
Not agan. . . .nice try dude. . . .

Without even going into the ridiculosities of these so called ''scientific proof'' of yours, I'll have you know that every religionist from the Ifa worshipper to the muslim can use this excuses as proof for their god.

I was hoping you'd come in with a fresh angle and scientifically prove YAWEH is the creator of the universe. Thank you

4.The universe is ordered by natural laws. Where did these laws come from and what purpose do they serve?
In philosophy we do agree that a transcendent Law Giver is the only plausible explanation for an objective moral standard.[b] So, ask yourself if you believe in right and wrong and then ask yourself why. Who gave you your conscience? Why does it exist?

Guys lets cut these crap and accept the obvious.

And and and and and dont push me man. Many of us Christians have seen all these your arguments, compared and contrasted and accepted the truth. I dont want to get back to school and pick my philosophy books pls

There is God
Arrant nonsense. . . . The notion of Right and wrong is totally dependent on society.

We are not born with morality neither are we born with a conscience. So to claim it  magically comes from above is just funny.

A muslim child brought up and taught that its okay to kill christian infidels will ready do so and feel no guilt because its what he has been taught as right.

Different societies have different moral standards. Morality isnt static but dynamic i.e it changes
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Acidosis(m): 11:06pm On Jun 24, 2010
nuclearboy:

Also, do you believe Jesus was wrong when He said those who follow Hin must NOT be called teacher, master, Rabbi or father in any form and that we are equal?

When was the last time you attended a church service? I'm sure you have not gone this year. Your comment was so interesting, but unfortunately you're a disgrace to christianity!
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by yelanst(m): 11:18pm On Jun 24, 2010
MR HARAKIRI,U WANTED  EVIDENCE THAT ATTEST TO THE FACT THAT GOD EXIST AND THAT THE BIBLE IS REAL. THINK ABOUT THIS ANCIENT BOOK CALLED THE BIBLE WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN REVIEWED FOR MANY CENTURIES, BUT, STILL REMAINS CURRENT NOW AND, UNDOUBTLY, MANY YEARS TO COME. MOST OF THE PHYSICS AND CHEM TEST BOOKS U READ ARE BEING REVIEWED ANNUALLY TO MAKE THEM CURRENT.
(1) THINK ABOUT GODS PROMISE TO ISREAL OF MAKING THEM GREAT AND UNDEFEATABLE IN ANY WAR THE FIGHT. IS THAT HAPENNING TODAY OR NOT?
(2)SERVERAL THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO, JESUS SAID THAT AT THE END TIMES, NATIONS SHALL RISE AGAINST NATIONS AND KINGDOMS AGAINST KINGDOM, FAMINES, TRIBULATIONS, EARTHQUAKES, ETC. I BELEIVE U DO  KEEP ABREAST WITH THE PRESENT DAY PHENOMENA.
(3)  READ ECCLESIASTES 9:11,  "THE RACE IS NOT FOR THE SWIFT, ". DID YOU EVER BELIEVE THAT FRANCE AND ITALY, THE TWO SEMI-FINALIST PLAYERS IN THE LAST EDITION OF THE WORLD CUP, WILL NOT MAKE IT TO THE SECOND ROUND  IN TIS EDITION OF THE WORLD CUP.
(4) "THE SWORD SHALL NOT DEPART FROM YOUR HOUSE". TILL DATE HAS THE SWORD DEPARTED FROM THE HOUSE OF DAVID AS A RESULT OF THE KILLING OF URIAH.(DONT ASK ME FOR DETAILS, DO SOME RESEARCH.)
(5)"I WILL BLESS THOSE WHO BLESS YOU AND CURSE THOSE WHO CURSE YOU". GERMANY LOST THE 2ND WORLD WAR SIMPLY B/C THE PROSECUTED AND KILLED OVER SIX MILLION JEWS. AMERICA IS BLESSED TODAY SIMPLY B/C THE ALWAYS FIGHT FOR THE JEWISH COURSE. BESIDES, TODAY YOU WILL SEE WITH ME THAT THE JEWS ARE PROSPEROUS IN WHATEVER THE DO. MOST AMERICAN SCIENTISTS ARE JEWS. THESE DUDES ARE BLESSED B/C GOD BLESSED THEM THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO AND IT IS STILL MANIFESTING IN THEM TILL DATE.
MY FRIEND, THINK ABOUT ALL THIS. FOR THE FACT THAT THIS SO CALLED HEBREW MYTH( ACCORDING TO SOME POSTERS) CALLED THE BIBLE SILL FINDS RELEVANCE AFTER THOUSANDS OF YEARS ATTEST TO THE FACT THE AUTHOR MUST BE A SUPERNATURAL BEING. THANK YOU.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Tudor6(f): 11:25pm On Jun 24, 2010
yelanst:

MR HARAKIRI,U WANTED  EVIDENCE THAT ATTEST TO THE FACT THAT GOD EXIST AND THAT THE BIBLE IS REAL. THINK ABOUT THIS ANCIENT BOOK CALLED THE BIBLE WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN REVIEWED FOR MANY CENTURIES, BUT, STILL REMAINS CURRENT NOW AND, UNDOUBTLY, MANY YEARS TO COME. MOST OF THE PHYSICS AND CHEM TEST BOOKS U READ ARE BEING REVIEWED ANNUALLY TO MAKE THEM CURRENT.
(1) THINK ABOUT GODS PROMISE TO ISREAL OF MAKING THEM GREAT AND UNDEFEATABLE IN ANY WAR THE FIGHT. IS THAT HAPENNING TODAY OR NOT?
(2)SERVERAL THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO, JESUS SAID THAT AT THE END TIMES, NATIONS SHALL RISE AGAINST NATIONS AND KINGDOMS AGAINST KINGDOM, FAMINES, TRIBULATIONS, EARTHQUAKES, ETC. I BELEIVE U DO  KEEP ABREAST WITH THE PRESENT DAY PHENOMENA.
(3)  READ ECCLESIASTES 9:11,  "THE RACE IS NOT FOR THE SWIFT, ". DID YOU EVER BELIEVE THAT FRANCE AND ITALY, THE TWO SEMI-FINALIST PLAYERS IN THE LAST EDITION OF THE WORLD CUP, WILL NOT MAKE IT TO THE SECOND ROUND  IN TIS EDITION OF THE WORLD CUP.
(4) "THE SWORD SHALL NOT DEPART FROM YOUR HOUSE". TILL DATE HAS THE SWORD DEPARTED FROM THE HOUSE OF DAVID AS A RESULT OF THE KILLING OF URIAH.(DONT ASK ME FOR DETAILS, DO SOME RESEARCH.)
(5)"I WILL BLESS THOSE WHO BLESS YOU AND CURSE THOSE WHO CURSE YOU". GERMANY LOST THE 2ND WORLD WAR SIMPLY B/C THE PROSECUTED AND KILLED OVER SIX MILLION JEWS. AMERICA IS BLESSED TODAY SIMPLY B/C THE ALWAYS FIGHT FOR THE JEWISH COURSE. BESIDES, TODAY YOU WILL SEE WITH ME THAT THE JEWS ARE PROSPEROUS IN WHATEVER THE DO. MOST AMERICAN SCIENTISTS ARE JEWS. THESE DUDES ARE BLESSED B/C GOD BLESSED THEM THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO AND IT IS STILL MANIFESTING IN THEM TILL DATE.
MY FRIEND, THINK ABOUT ALL THIS. FOR THE FACT THAT THIS SO CALLED HEBREW MYTH( ACCORDING TO SOME POSTERS) CALLED THE BIBLE SILL FINDS RELEVANCE AFTER THOUSANDS OF YEARS ATTEST TO THE FACT THE AUTHOR MUST BE A SUPERNATURAL BEING. THANK YOU.

Is this a joke or what??
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Acidosis(m): 3:08am On Jun 25, 2010
yelanst:

Please tell all these antichrist on the forum. You have spoken the truth!
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by miskuritas: 8:05am On Jun 25, 2010
Just my two cents, I personally think these people delibrately throw themselves on the floor, nobody in their right mind can say those that fell down were falling under the annointing, they fell down delibrately.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by essay1(m): 8:50am On Jun 25, 2010
nuclearboy:

No offence meant, whiteroses,  but which would you prefer - anointing from God or from Chris Oyaks? Also, do you believe Jesus was wrong when He said those who follow Hin must NOT be called teacher, master, Rabbi or father in any form and that we are equal?

Its in your head and its unhealthy putting a man where you should put God.

Blessings, Sister  smiley

Super answer nuclearboy.

PS: I attend Christ Embassy as well
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Acidosis(m): 9:06am On Jun 25, 2010
miskuritas:

Just my two cents, I personally think these people delibrately throw themselves on the floor, nobody in their right mind can say those that fell down were falling under the annointing, they fell down delibrately.
Which Church do you attend? Deeper Life? 'Cos they seems to be the only pentecostal church against deliverance under the influence of the holy spirit
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Virgo83(m): 9:22am On Jun 25, 2010
Na just to deceive people,
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 10:07am On Jun 25, 2010
nuclearboy:

@harakiri:

If there is any where in our discussion where i outrightly insulted you, please state it.Why must it always come to this? All through this thread i asked questions bordering on Christianity and i demanded straight answers but what you i get? Off comment replies and unnecessary sentiments.To make it easier, i narrowed all the questions to just one :

What is the proof that the Christian god is the actual creator of the universe!

Simple question that requires a simple answer or answers but what do i get? Quotations from the bible that has been manipulated over the centuries, endorsed by a pagan king and off key comments.Why is it that religious people apply common sense in their every day to day activities but when it comes to religion. . .all manner of reason and well thought out processes are thrown out of the window? The answer is simple. Religion (or the "way of life" as some prefer to call it) does not appeal to reason! They don't mix.That's the cold truth.No wonder the catholic papacy prosecuted many scientists and inventors centuries ago.No wonder many enlightened individuals were tortured or burnt to death on a stake on vague accusations of witchcraft.Religion doesn't appeal to your gift of thought.It dictates to you and demands you swallow every thing hook,line and sinker without complaining.

Very sad.

Just answer my questions and leave out the unnecessary sentiments please.If you have no proof that the god you so believe in and serve isn't the supreme being, then simply say so but don't derail the discussion with sentiments.

Thank you.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 10:09am On Jun 25, 2010
yelanst:

Unbelievable! ! !

ROFLMAO cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by yelanst(m): 11:34am On Jun 25, 2010
(4)MR HARAKIRI AND TUDOR, IN ONE OF YOUR ARGUEMENTS, YOU SAID THAT THE EUROPEANS WHO BROUGHT CHRISTIANITY TO US ARE NO LONGER CONSIOUS OF IT THE WAY WE DO. QUITE RIGHT. DONT YOU THINK T THIS IS ONE OF THE TEACHING OF CHRIST OF THE FIRST BIN THE LAST, SOME THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO. HARAKIRI, YOU USE TO BE A STRONG XTAIN B/4 NOW. AM I RIGHT? SOME YEARS AGO, I USED TO ARGUE THE WAY U DO, I DON"T BELIEVE IN GOD, I DONT GO TO CHURCH, I MAY EVEN BE A WORST ATHEIST THAN U. TODAY, I AM TRYING TO CONVINCE YOU THAT THERE IS GOD. THE FIRST BIN THE LAST. FRIEND, I AGREE WITH U THAT XTIANITY HAS BIN BASTERDIZED, BUT, THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT GOD DOES NOT EXIST
(5) THE BIBLE LIKE ANY OTHER NARRATIVE BOOK IS NOT DETAILED. NOAHS ARK WAS BUILT IN 120 YRS. THE BIBLE DID NOT TELL US WHAT TRANPIRED B/W THIS 120 YRS. MAY BE OGA NOAH MAY HAVE TRAVELLED ROUND THE WORLD WIHIN THIS INTERVALTO GET UR AFRICAN AND INDIAN ELEPHANT OR GOD MAY HAVE DIRECTED ALL THIS ANIMALS INTO THE ARK. WHICHEVER. I DONT CARE. ALL I KNOW IS THAT THERE WAS AN ARK.(TO BE CONTINUED)
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by bros1234(m): 12:21pm On Jun 25, 2010
Let me say this here. From what harakiri wrote last its obvious he wants us to prove that the one to be recognised as the creator is the YAHWEH or God preached by the Jewish guys.I would like to ask if he in any way belive first there there is a supreme being behing the creation of the world. Only then would we be able to now narrow it
down as to where he is revealed from.I would supply further arguments when I know exacyly what he is asking

Or i might as well help him in drawing conclusions before posting by considering the theory of intelligent design.Otherwise  harakiri and tudor  shld  explain how tiny molecules in an organism could be a result of chance.

Consider the illustration of the concept of design with the example of Mount Rushmore, A research carried out several years ago, upon which are carved the clearly recognizable images of Presidents Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt . By contrast, a naturally occurring rock in Hawaii casts a shadow that resembles President John F. Kennedy , illustrating an accidental occurrence in nature. It is self-evident that a sculptor (in this case, Gutzon Borglum) carved Mount Rushmore. The sheer number of details in which the Mount Rushmore faces resemble the faces of the four presidents testifies to the presence of an intelligent cause, a human sculptor. No one could seriously attribute these magnificent faces to the creative forces of wind, rain, sleet, and hail.

Image 1 - An intelligent design: Mount Rushmore with presidents Washington, Jefferson, Roosevelt, and Lincoln.

Image 2 - An accident of nature: President John F. Kennedy's profile formed by shadow cast by a large rock in Hawaii.

Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Tudor6(f): 1:45pm On Jun 25, 2010
bros1234:

Let me say this here. From what harakiri wrote last its obvious he wants us to prove that the one to be recognised as the creator is the YAHWEH or God preached by the Jewish guys.I would like to ask if he in any way belive first there there is a supreme being behing the creation of the world. Only then would we be able to now narrow it
down as to where he is revealed from.I would supply further arguments when I know exacyly what he is asking
Mr, all this na special pleading. . .

Since when has it become a requirement for you to prove your YAHWEH been that one must believe??

If you have scientific proof that a being called yahweh exists provide it and stop dancing around the bush

Or i might as well help him in drawing conclusions before posting by considering the theory of intelligent design.Otherwise  harakiri and tudor  shld  explain how tiny molecules in an organism could be a result of chance.

Exactly by that. . . CHANCE.

You still havent proven to us that what we have is by intelligent design
with some kind of ''higher'' purpose in the mind of the creator
Consider the illustration of the concept of design with the example of Mount Rushmore, A research carried out several years ago, upon which are carved the clearly recognizable images of Presidents Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt . By contrast, a naturally occurring rock in Hawaii casts a shadow that resembles President John F. Kennedy , illustrating an accidental occurrence in nature. It is self-evident that a sculptor (in this case, Gutzon Borglum) carved Mount Rushmore. The sheer number of details in which the Mount Rushmore faces resemble the faces of the four presidents testifies to the presence of an intelligent cause, a human sculptor. No one could seriously attribute these magnificent faces to the creative forces of wind, rain, sleet, and hail.

Image 1 - An intelligent design: Mount Rushmore with presidents Washington, Jefferson, Roosevelt, and Lincoln.

Image 2 - An accident of nature: President John F. Kennedy's profile formed by shadow cast by a large rock in Hawaii.

By your argument an unknowing person who looks at the acccidental rock in hawai would be right to conclude it was by a sculptor, because it resembles a human face and looks designed too, right?
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Fhemmmy: 2:24pm On Jun 25, 2010
Yes, i do, and if it was fake, it is between him and God
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by bros1234(m): 2:46pm On Jun 25, 2010
Tudór:

By your argument an unknowing person who looks at the acccidental rock in hawai would be right to conclude it was by a sculptor, because it resembles a human face and looks designed too, right?

My argument is that while intelligent design makes sense, chance does not. As u saw in the two images, the sculpted images represent smethin. But the accidental accumulation does not. It would be unfair to look at the world and man with such organised artification and credit it to chance or accident. The point is that someone, some person is behind the creation, a supreme being. What is he, who is he?
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Tudor6(f): 5:49pm On Jun 25, 2010
bros1234:

My argument is that while intelligent design makes sense, chance does not. As u saw in the two images, the sculpted images represent smethin. [/b]But the accidental accumulation does not. It would be unfair to look at the world and man with such organised artification and credit it to chance or accident. The point is that someone, some person is behind the creation, a supreme being. What is he, who is he?
What are you talking about?
You yourself admitted that the accidental rock [b]looks like a face
. . . Does that not equal to ''represent something''??

Again I ask you, a person who looks at that accidental rock and concludes its by ''intelligent design'' solely because it looks like a design, will he be right??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Samurai's Prophetic Thread. Drop A Post And I Will See A Vision For You. / Read Rhapsody Of Realities On Your Blackberry, Iphone Or Android Devices. / Man Sues Chris Okotie For Owing Him 14 Years Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.