Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Unexpected Observation Of A Nigerian Family Practising Feminism - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Unexpected Observation Of A Nigerian Family Practising Feminism (1746 Views)

My First Day In Ashawo House. And My Observation. / My Observation Of Boys From Single Mother Homes / Girl Gets Unexpected Surprise After Asking Ex-boyfriend For Airtime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unexpected Observation Of A Nigerian Family Practising Feminism by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 13, 2018
My experience with a family practising feminism

Today I saw a man sitting at the front side of his house with his kid while his wife was trying to put on a generator at the corner of their house. I noticed that after 4starts the woman couldn't start the gen and was kinda tired so I thought the man will come out to render some help but he didn't. After sometime, he stood up and went new to where the the wife was trying to put on the generator and stood there watching her and he told her to start the generator with a key but the woman responded saying the key has spoilt.
When she tried further but couldn't put it on , the man took the kid on his ladies bike and they drove off. All this while I was having a conversation with a friend who I haven't seen in 4years, he was even the one who told me they're married. Till I left, the man didn't came back.

What I want to say about this is; some women are weak in strength naturally. Because you guys are practicing gender equality or feminism or whatever you call it won't change their strength.
Well I blame Nigerian women for the way the do their feminism, if you practice it in a certain way then be ready to be equal in all aspects.

BTW, this happened in PH.

2 Likes

Re: Unexpected Observation Of A Nigerian Family Practising Feminism by IFNOTGOD(m): 3:46pm On Aug 13, 2018
dont see how dis relates to feminism

4 Likes

Re: Unexpected Observation Of A Nigerian Family Practising Feminism by LuciferChristi: 4:00pm On Aug 13, 2018
IFNOTGOD:
dont see how dis relates to feminism

It relates in every way.

The man didn't bother helping out in order not to insinuate that she's of the 'weaker sex'. He let her try to put on the generator herself - just like our respectful mothers of old did to our fathers.

When he realised she couldn't, he took his kid & left - just like our girls of nowadays abandon you if your car breaks down on the road or your business crashes.

He just reversed the roles.

8 Likes

Re: Unexpected Observation Of A Nigerian Family Practising Feminism by Fierce11: 4:03pm On Aug 13, 2018
.Op.. Adjust your topic to, "an unexpected observation of a nigerian family practising the 'modern' feminism".. The man is a hero in the eyes of many men.. He took her role when she took his.. I have never seen a girl offering to help when your car or even gen refuse to start.. So why should he assist her? Instead, the smart man just minded his business and tended to the kids.. I imagine how this nairaland feminists would have reacted if happen he left the children with the wife and the faulty gen.. Our eyes for don blind because of the insults we for read.. Them go dy follow chimamanda dy do foolish feminism.. No wonder she didnt realise that opening opening a door for a female is a moral act and not because we see them as weaker species..
I support only the real feminism which involves equal rights, equal opportunities, equal choices and equal voices.. But this role switching mentality has nothing to do with feminism.. with that point, i rest my keypad
Re: Unexpected Observation Of A Nigerian Family Practising Feminism by IFNOTGOD(m): 4:04pm On Aug 13, 2018
LuciferChristi:

It relates in every way.

The man didn't bother helping out in order not to insinuate that she's of the 'weaker sex'. He let her try to put on the generator herself - just like our respectful mothers of old did to our fathers.

When he realised she couldn't, he took his kid & left - just like our girls of nowadays abandon you if your car breaks down on the road or your business crashes.

i beg to disagree he may actually be teaching d lady how to put it on, so that if he is not around she could do it, sometimes we judge people wrongly n always judge a book by its cover which is what u doing now.

u never can tell y d man left with d kid

2 Likes

Re: Unexpected Observation Of A Nigerian Family Practising Feminism by amaniro: 4:12pm On Aug 13, 2018
This story has no head nor tail. And this is not feminism. Feminism don't connotes this. This is toxic feminism more than being a feminist seeing all men as trash. I don't see any bad with the wife putting on d generator, and it might surprise you, you didn't see the whole scenario

3 Likes

Re: Unexpected Observation Of A Nigerian Family Practising Feminism by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 13, 2018
amaniro:
This story has no head nor tail. And this is not feminism. Feminism don't connotes this. This is toxic feminism more than being a feminist seeing all men as trash. I don't see any bad with the wife putting on d generator, and it might surprise you, you didn't see the whole scenario

This isn't my point. The woman is weak. after 4starts the man could've tried too if he can do something.
Re: Unexpected Observation Of A Nigerian Family Practising Feminism by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 13, 2018
IFNOTGOD:

i beg to disagree he may actually be teaching d lady how to put it on, so that if he is not around she could do it, sometimes we judge people wrongly n always judge a book by its cover which is what u doing now.

u never can tell y d man left with d kid

perhaps
Re: Unexpected Observation Of A Nigerian Family Practising Feminism by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 13, 2018
Fierce11:
.Op.. Adjust your topic to, "an unexpected observation of a nigerian family practising the 'modern' feminism".. The man is a hero in the eyes of many men.. He took her role when she took his.. I have never seen a girl offering to help when your car or even gen refuse to start.. So why should he assist her? Instead, the smart man just minded his business and tended to the kids.. I imagine how this nairaland feminists would have reacted if happen he left the children with the wife and the faulty gen.. Our eyes for don blind because of the insults we for read.. Them go dy follow chimamanda dy do foolish feminism.. No wonder she didnt realise that opening opening a door for a female is a moral act and not because we see them as weaker species..
I support only the real feminism which involves equal rights, equal opportunities, equal choices and equal voices.. But this role switching mentality has nothing to do with feminism.. with that point, i rest my keypad

LuciferChristi:

It relates in every way.

Fierce11:

Which roles are you guys talking about? was there any law where it is stated that putting on gen is the responsibility of a man?

2 Likes

Re: Unexpected Observation Of A Nigerian Family Practising Feminism by zicoraads: 5:17pm On Aug 13, 2018
More like the man doesn't care nor love his wife. This is not even about feminism. This is just plain stupidity on the man's part.

3 Likes

Re: Unexpected Observation Of A Nigerian Family Practising Feminism by GoldenJAT(m): 9:42pm On Aug 13, 2018
OP! Go check the meaning of feminism, and then we can talk.

3 Likes

Re: Unexpected Observation Of A Nigerian Family Practising Feminism by Goodlyhrt(m): 9:54pm On Aug 13, 2018
Evolution is now back-pedalling to primitivity

1 Like

Re: Unexpected Observation Of A Nigerian Family Practising Feminism by Goodlyhrt(m): 9:56pm On Aug 13, 2018
Love is being replaced with selfishness

1 Like

Re: Unexpected Observation Of A Nigerian Family Practising Feminism by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 13, 2018
Hanseel1:
My experience with a family practising feminism

Today I saw a man sitting at the front side of his house with his kid while his wife was trying to put on a generator at the corner of their house. I noticed that after 4starts the woman couldn't start the gen and was kinda tired so I thought the man will come out to render some help but he didn't. After sometime, he stood up and went new to where the the wife was trying to put on the generator and stood there watching her and he told her to start the generator with a key but the woman responded saying the key has spoilt.
When she tried further but couldn't put it on , the man took the kid on his ladies bike and they drove off. All this while I was having a conversation with a friend who I haven't seen in 4years, he was even the one who told me they're married. Till I left, the man didn't came back.

What I want to say about this is; some women are weak in strength naturally. Because you guys are practicing gender equality or feminism or whatever you call it won't change their strength.
Well I blame Nigerian women for the way the do their feminism, if you practice it in a certain way then be ready to be equal in all aspects.

BTW, this happened in PH.
you are behaving like Elder001 are you him undecided

3 Likes

Re: Unexpected Observation Of A Nigerian Family Practising Feminism by Bluezy13(m): 10:03pm On Aug 13, 2018
Feminism or not, I can't watch my wife struggling with a generator.

BTW, I don't think OP saw the whole scenario. You should've asked your friend if that's how they've been living...

2 Likes

Re: Unexpected Observation Of A Nigerian Family Practising Feminism by SirMichael1: 10:23pm On Aug 13, 2018
Why didn't you assist her as a man? If the Husband no get sense, you too no suppose get? undecided
Re: Unexpected Observation Of A Nigerian Family Practising Feminism by SirMichael1: 10:23pm On Aug 13, 2018
AngryNigerian22:
you are behaving like Elder001 are you him undecided

He is

3 Likes

Re: Unexpected Observation Of A Nigerian Family Practising Feminism by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 13, 2018
SirMichael1:

He is
thank you very much. I thought as much undecided

2 Likes

Re: Unexpected Observation Of A Nigerian Family Practising Feminism by Nobody: 1:48am On Aug 14, 2018
SirMichael1:
Why didn't you assist her as a man? If the Husband no get sense, you too no suppose get? undecided

Meaning?

Why can't a full grown ass woman put on a gen?

1 Like

Re: Unexpected Observation Of A Nigerian Family Practising Feminism by Nobody: 1:50am On Aug 14, 2018
zicoraads:
More like the man doesn't care nor love his wife. This is not even about feminism. This is just plain stupidity on the man's part.

I don't there's stupidity in what the man did. From what my friend told me surely love the wife.

He's suddenly stupid and doesn't love his wife because she was required to put on the gen?

Why can't she put it on? SMH for you. I don't know where it is written that the man is supposed to put on the gen

1 Like

Re: Unexpected Observation Of A Nigerian Family Practising Feminism by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:13am On Aug 14, 2018
I don't trust you one bit, Elder001. You can cook up any story here just to stay relevant and let your feminism brawl trend. I know you like that.

7 Likes

Re: Unexpected Observation Of A Nigerian Family Practising Feminism by SirMichael1: 3:14am On Aug 14, 2018
Hanseel1:

Meaning?

Why can't a full grown ass woman put on a gen?

Maybe because because they are not of equal strength with us-Physically?
Re: Unexpected Observation Of A Nigerian Family Practising Feminism by zicoraads: 8:01am On Aug 14, 2018
Hanseel1:

I don't there's stupidity in what the man did. From what my friend told me surely love the wife.

He's suddenly stupid and doesn't love his wife because she was required to put on the gen?

Why can't she put it on? SMH for you. I don't know where it is written that the man is supposed to put on the gen
Lol.

I'm sure if you marry, you'll allow your wife to be in charge of fixing the sink and other carpentry works around the house because you want to be a feminist.

Life is not hard like that. But whatever rocks each of our boats.
Re: Unexpected Observation Of A Nigerian Family Practising Feminism by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 14, 2018
zicoraads:

Lol.

I'm sure if you marry, you'll allow your wife to be in charge of fixing the sink and other carpentry works around the house because you want to be a feminist.

Life is not hard like that. But whatever rocks each of our boats.

It's either a carpenter is called or we share the parts to fix. She must fix, same as I.

I didn't and won't force you to be a feminist. Move along and stop being an alpha male on my thread.

1 Like

Re: Unexpected Observation Of A Nigerian Family Practising Feminism by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 14, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:
I don't trust you one bit, Elder001. You can cook up any story here just to stay relevant and let your feminism brawl trend. I know you like that.

Attention from who?
When people type this stuff I find it very funny. which people
am I seeking attention from? faceless nairalanders or which
people exactly?
Secondly, is your attention going to feed me?

Stay relevant on nairaland? Re-read this post again and see if it sounds sensible to you.
I've noticed that over the past 1week you've been mentioning my name in threads and insulting my personality/making a mockery of my personality .

The time you spend on doing so, if put into better use it'll yield positive results.

Grow up and stop being bitter -

2 Likes

Re: Unexpected Observation Of A Nigerian Family Practising Feminism by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 14, 2018
SirMichael1:

Maybe because because they are not of equal strength with us-Physically?

Your life, your choice then.

1 Like

Re: Unexpected Observation Of A Nigerian Family Practising Feminism by zicoraads: 9:51am On Aug 14, 2018
Hanseel1:

It's either a carpenter is called or we share the parts to fix. She must fix, same as I.

I didn't and won't force you to be a feminist. Move along and stop being an alpha male on my thread.
As I said, whatever rocks your boat.

Cheers.
Re: Unexpected Observation Of A Nigerian Family Practising Feminism by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 14, 2018
zicoraads:
As I said, whatever rocks your boat.
Cheers.
Zicoraads please move along.
Re: Unexpected Observation Of A Nigerian Family Practising Feminism by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 14, 2018
If this story's true, there's no correlation between the man's behaviour and feminism. You're the one insinuating story into the man's behaviour as if you know the personal problems btwn.

UyaiIncomparabl:
Knowing him, the story's probably cooked up.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man And His Woman Strips N@k£d For A Maternity Shoot, Nigerians React / How To Order Ride Online, Download And Install Opay / Fuckmate Needed Urgently In Asaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.