Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,445 members, 7,830,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Supplementary Budget: Saraki, Dogara Explain Delay - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supplementary Budget: Saraki, Dogara Explain Delay (10607 Views)

Outcry As Saraki, Dogara Sit On Late Legislators Seats / What Saraki, Dogara, Other Npdp Members Actually Want – Oyegun / EXCLUSIVE: DSS Withdraws Operatives From Saraki, Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supplementary Budget: Saraki, Dogara Explain Delay by AloyalNigerian(m): 7:13am On Aug 15, 2018
blackpanda:

Why will a minority leader be allowed to head an organization. Last I checked democracy is leadership by the majority. All d defecting and redefecting couldn't pull APC down. Saraki should resign, just like akpabio. This is apc's time, not pdp

Constitutionally, Akpabio's position as the minority leader is very different from Saraki's position as the senate president.

NB: I'm not against anything legal. Whether he's impeached or not, as long as the rules are followed. No problem.
Re: Supplementary Budget: Saraki, Dogara Explain Delay by AloyalNigerian(m): 7:15am On Aug 15, 2018
abescom:
And you think APC also do not know this?

Of course they do.
Re: Supplementary Budget: Saraki, Dogara Explain Delay by Bigii(m): 7:17am On Aug 15, 2018
Ijaya123:

Really?

Is that the only agenda on their legislative business? It is the reasoning behind this kind of statement that makes the politicians take the people for granted.

Yes!

Any other business has to come after recess. Or don't you know the meaning of recess? How many times have you been called to work while on leave?

Must you comment on a topic you don't understand

2 Likes

Re: Supplementary Budget: Saraki, Dogara Explain Delay by jpowers: 7:22am On Aug 15, 2018
So apc has national issues at heart to discuse except to unseat saraki? That is too bad for our country
Re: Supplementary Budget: Saraki, Dogara Explain Delay by blackpanda: 7:26am On Aug 15, 2018
AloyalNigerian:

Constitutionally, Akpabio's position as the minority leader is very different from Saraki's position as the senate president.

NB: I'm not against anything legal. Whether he's impeached or not, as long as the rules are followed. No problem.

Wrong. Its precisely the same thing. The minority party can never produce the president. That's absurd. And if u are only concerned about the rules, then let saraki reconvene and let's test the rules and see how it plays out. This is a dangerous precedent because tomorrow when a party with only one rep becomes the president I hope u won't complain.
Re: Supplementary Budget: Saraki, Dogara Explain Delay by waveman2: 7:27am On Aug 15, 2018
So now you believe a prophet. But when the prophecy is against buhari then he his a fake Prophet.APC supporters.

blackpanda:
One prophet predicted that before the end of the year, saraki will lose his sit and be locked up in jail.

And everything happening is heading in that direction

1 Like

Re: Supplementary Budget: Saraki, Dogara Explain Delay by jamace(m): 7:27am On Aug 15, 2018
So the Presidency was aware of the reason why NASS can not reconvene yet the NTA was agog with news of how NASS was frustrating the efforts of INEC by not reconvening?

Must APC govt base everything on propaganda?

I tire for this APC govt o. angry

1 Like

Re: Supplementary Budget: Saraki, Dogara Explain Delay by DeOTR: 7:32am On Aug 15, 2018
abescom:
The main reason APC will find it difficult to oust Saraki is because they talk toooooooooooooooooooo much. Talk less and act more.

And if you ask me, I will say APC should just focus on ensuring Saraki does not return to that house rather than wasting time on trying to impeach him. Sensitize Kwarans and present a very credible candidate and he will lose in Kwara. Most Kwara indigenes are already fed up with the Saraki family and APC can and should take advantage of this if they are wise.
It would be hard to unseat Saraki if he contests again next year. The Emir of Ilorin and the people of Kwara Central that he represents in the senate still like him.

1 Like

Re: Supplementary Budget: Saraki, Dogara Explain Delay by obaataaokpaewu: 7:41am On Aug 15, 2018
Ijaya123:

Really?

Is that the only agenda on their legislative business? It is the reasoning behind this kind of statement that makes the politicians take the people for granted.
Dude, they are on recess! Which other agenda are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Supplementary Budget: Saraki, Dogara Explain Delay by InMyOpinion(m): 7:48am On Aug 15, 2018
abescom:
The main reason APC will find it difficult to oust Saraki is because they talk toooooooooooooooooooo much. Talk less and act more.

And if you ask me, I will say APC should just focus on ensuring Saraki does not return to that house rather than wasting time on trying to impeach him. Sensitize Kwarans and present a very credible candidate and he will lose in Kwara. Most Kwara indigenes are already fed up with the Saraki family and APC can and should take advantage of this if they are wise.

Smart talk...but I think APC is already thinking in this direction..i heard either Oshiomole or Lai mention this sometime on TV
Re: Supplementary Budget: Saraki, Dogara Explain Delay by hush15: 7:50am On Aug 15, 2018
slowice:
Simple and brief.... But why is apc leadership behaving like motor park boys talking carelessly

Are they not motor park touts before?

2 Likes

Re: Supplementary Budget: Saraki, Dogara Explain Delay by bixton(m): 7:53am On Aug 15, 2018
The APC need not bother about the SP. The recess will come end September as previously announced on the floor of the house. Let's all wait till then and see what the excuses will be. Till then let everyone go around perfecting their strategies and plans.
Re: Supplementary Budget: Saraki, Dogara Explain Delay by Chigeorge2015(m): 8:23am On Aug 15, 2018
abescom:
How will they successfully impeach Buhari or did you just type that without thinking?

To impeach Saraki will be far easier than impeach Buhari. If it were possible to impeach Buhari do you think Saraki will wait till now? Or if it was that possible how come it is APC that is calling for the house to reconvene and it is Saraki that's running?
And if it's eary to impeach Saraki, why did they wait till now, considering their desperation?

1 Like

Re: Supplementary Budget: Saraki, Dogara Explain Delay by abescom: 8:29am On Aug 15, 2018
Chigeorge2015:
And if it's eary to impeach Saraki, why did they wait till now, considering their desperation?
Show me where I have said it is easy to impeach Saraki. Is English a problem?
Re: Supplementary Budget: Saraki, Dogara Explain Delay by Bakerdav: 8:44am On Aug 15, 2018
AloyalNigerian:
I see no BIG reason why Saraki should be impeached. It's less than a year to the general elections, so why the rush?

is not going to be the first ND last to be impeach, he is going to be impeach
Re: Supplementary Budget: Saraki, Dogara Explain Delay by Bizibi(m): 9:05am On Aug 15, 2018
The more they delay this budget,the more we endure......
Re: Supplementary Budget: Saraki, Dogara Explain Delay by indigenous234(f): 9:10am On Aug 15, 2018
Ijaya123:

Really?

Oga,,, go and suckle on mummy's breast.

1 Like

Re: Supplementary Budget: Saraki, Dogara Explain Delay by Taofiq01: 9:16am On Aug 15, 2018
blackpanda:

Wrong. Its precisely the same thing. The minority party can never produce the president. That's absurd. And if u are only concerned about the rules, then let saraki reconvene and let's test the rules and see how it plays out. This is a dangerous precedent because tomorrow when a party with only one rep becomes the president I hope u won't complain.

Show me where the position of the minority leader is stated in the Constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria and how such person would be elected and or removed. And boss the minority party produced the current president of Nigeria, kindly mind the information you spill here. finally, it is quite legal for NASA to go on break, i mean they did in the previous administration, why so much heat and noise now??

NO! WE WON'T. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT DEMOCRACY IS ALL ABOUT.
AS LONG AS THAT'S WHAT THE PEOPLE WANTS.

1 Like

Re: Supplementary Budget: Saraki, Dogara Explain Delay by blackpanda: 10:53am On Aug 15, 2018
Taofiq01:

Show me where the position of the minority leader is stated in the Constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria and how such person would be elected and or removed. And boss the minority party produced the current president of Nigeria, kindly mind the information you spill here. finally, it is quite legal for NASA to go on break, i mean they did in the previous administration, why so much heat and noise now??

NO! WE WON'T. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT DEMOCRACY IS ALL ABOUT.
AS LONG AS THAT'S WHAT THE PEOPLE WANTS.

Your noise is too loud and born of ignorance
There is no provision for any NASS position in the constitution, ok

So shussh!
Re: Supplementary Budget: Saraki, Dogara Explain Delay by Derealme(m): 12:51pm On Aug 15, 2018
Saraki and Dogara are afraid of step back into the two houses. Dey are doing this to buy time in oder to to come up with strategies to outsmart APC by not being impeached.
Re: Supplementary Budget: Saraki, Dogara Explain Delay by iamjustified(m): 1:26pm On Aug 15, 2018
Like if you didn't bother reading this.

1 Like

Re: Supplementary Budget: Saraki, Dogara Explain Delay by Taofiq01: 9:27pm On Aug 15, 2018
blackpanda:

Your noise is too loud and born of ignorance
There is no provision for any NASS position in the constitution, ok

So shussh!

I can't blame you, if you know you know.

You should take your time to go through the damn thing, your future depends on it.

I'll shut my mouth here.
Re: Supplementary Budget: Saraki, Dogara Explain Delay by blackpanda: 10:20pm On Aug 15, 2018
Taofiq01:

I can't blame you, if you know you know.

You should take your time to go through the damn thing, your future depends on it.

I'll shut my mouth here.

Its better u shut it asap!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osinbajo's Friends, Associates Announce Empowerment Programme In His Honor / NCFront: We Are Working To Dislodge APC & PDP In 2023 — Third Force Coalition / Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.