Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) (165179 Views)

Honda Vs Volkswagen Vs Nissan ( Nigeria Use) / Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan / Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:51pm On Jul 01, 2010
beeman80:

My dear go for TOYOTA and you will never regret it.When buying a car you must consider the maintenance cost as well.I use a toyota camry and i just had to change my gear box for just 30,000 naira.A Honda gear box costs well over 120,000 naira and they are peculiar with gear box issues.Be wise.

beeman,
i think you just hit the nail on the head.
all those shouting themself hoarse about age brackets for particular car models seem to be forgeting something: older folks are less decieved by aesthetics and esterior design and are more interested in how reliable a car is. that is why they would more likely go for a toyota. younger folks on the other hand are more taken in by external beauty and flashiness so they choose a honda-even if they have to bore a hole through their pockets to fix the 'd4' gearbox problem when it eventually appears on their dashboards as they cruise around town in their sleek accords! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by ikeyman00(m): 10:02pm On Jul 02, 2010
hmm
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by Sprumbaba: 8:50am On Jul 04, 2010
Honda all the way. I own 4 models right now, Civic, Pilot, Odyssey and Accord. They even call me Honda Man and I driven all Honda models till date.
They are cost effective and I have never had any problem with them.Till date, I have not changed anything from them.
Any day I have to spend huge amount on car will be its end in my compound.
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:01am On Jul 05, 2010
count yourself as one of the lucky few wink
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by Weakblog: 12:42am On Aug 16, 2010
Here, you can find an intractive comparison between Honda and Toyota cars:
http://www.weaknowledge.com/ds/

Give it a try! You can see which is better for you, depending on your pereferecnes.  smiley
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:11pm On Aug 16, 2010
bros, this thread is already dated!
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by Nobody: 3:04am On Nov 05, 2010
kaecy5:

i would kaita u oooooooooooo. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

[font= Arial Narrow] OMG. We live in the same area. RDU-CH, NC big up! lol.

but anyway I own a Acura so Honda WINS! Biased views always win! lol. I mean seriously how many more million Camry cars does Toyota have to recall to get their schitt straight?! Come on now. I mean don't get me wrong, sure Toyota is top of the line but I'd rather buy a SAFE expensive Honda, than a cheaper UNGUARANTEED safe, Toyota anyday. If I am trying to go cheap, I'd just by a darn Ford or anyother American car LOL.
[/font]
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by GeorgeD1(m): 5:32pm On Nov 05, 2010
what's this? trying to wake up a dead thread? abi na today day break? grin
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 05, 2010
[font= Arial Narrow]^^I am a grown woman. I do what I want. This is a forum, the reply button still works right? Ok.[/font]
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:47am On Nov 06, 2010
oh i see. keep on clicking on reply then. cheers! grin
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by toyota3506: 7:11am On Apr 22, 2011
Hi there, only a smart person would by a Toyota, if you want profit many pople in Middle East( afghanistan) buying toyota's and they buy it for high price. i.e buy it in canada $1500.00 sell in middle east for 3000 dollars, so go with the Toyota. TOYOTA any day. Honda is not realible and interior is horrble in civic until 2008. Be smart go with the toyota!!! smiley

White corrola bought for 25 dealer sold for 35

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by Ikenna351(m): 12:15am On Apr 23, 2011
toyota3506:

Hi there, only a smart person would by a Toyota, if you want profit many pople in Middle East( afghanistan) buying toyota's and they buy it for high price. i.e buy it in canada $1500.00 sell in middle east for 3000 dollars, so go with the Toyota. TOYOTA any day. Honda is not realible and interior is horrble in civic until 2008. Be smart go with the toyota!!! smiley

White corrola bought for 25 dealer sold for 35

What an Irony! Everything you said was just the opposite. Wake up man!

Even though am not a fan of any of them (Toyota or Honda), Honda still makes sense, compared to Toyota.

Toyotas, to me, are just "Mobilities". Something that takes one from one point to the other. Just a semi-car. Lol!

Ikenna.
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by GeorgeD1(m): 5:06pm On Apr 23, 2011
ikenna,
that is exactly the point isn't it? a car basically should take you from point a to point b. but what if that car keeps having issues like gearbox 'd4' sign on the dashboard? can it then take you where you want to go? what use is a car with fancy bells and whistles which sits on the mechanic's shed 90% of the time? think about it because that's what you get with most hondas when their gearbox start acting up!
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by lungwun(m): 1:52pm On Apr 24, 2011
This might be a little late, but here goes,
I grew up in what i would call a 'German auto home'. Over the course of growing up, we had a VW Jetta,
VW Beetle 1300, VW B1 Passat (Gls i think, if my memory serves me correctly), Mercedes Benz 200 (both flat and straight engines),
MB 230E and 300E. My dad always scorned Japmobiles (Much like Siena does)
However, He purchased the first Toyota for my Mom just on or before the turn of the century.
To cut what could be a potentially long story short, That Toyota was the beginning of a love affair with the Japanese.
During my undergraduate days, the car was involved in lots of illegal street racing, hand brake turns, inshort, anything involving high revs.
In response to the topic, I will be biased because i have only ever driven Toyota's due to the reliability
of the first one (Which believe it or not was still running strong when i visited Naija last Christmas at approx 370k odo reading).
It has only ever needed the occasional servicing, and replacement of the drive shaft and a few electrical niggles)
Based on my experience with the Toyota brand, and the low level of disposable income in Naija
amongst the average Naija folk, the most logical choice is the Toyota.

Attached is the picture of the Toyota, taken during my visit home. Approx 11 years and she still looks good!
TOYOTA/LEXUS FOREVER!!!!!

PS, @Siena, you should know that all the Japmobiles, koreanmobiles and the yellow Chinesemobile in the picture are running fine,
but under that Tarp to the bottom right was my Dad's Pride and joy. A BMW E38 750iL V12. Its been there
because the cost of repair was too,  "Prohibitive"  grin plus next to it, (not shown in the pic) was his Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer ed.
There is a reason Japmobiles are loved by Nigerians  grin

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by capsogiga(m): 1:39pm On Aug 15, 2011
so, ?
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by vicki1965: 2:16pm On Apr 01, 2012
I had a 1997 toyota tercel, never had a problem AT ALL with it (I bought it new). Just regular maintence. it's 2012 now and still going, the only problem is someone actually stole it last month, believe it or not. They don't make them anymore, it was the cheapist bottome line economy car, not a looker but a reliable car. I just bought a 1999 Honda Civic yesterday. So will see.
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by joshphillips72: 4:57am On Jul 04, 2012
I have owned honda accord and currently own a scion xd. To me both cars or great, the main thing is keeping a scheduled maintenace. I put 100k on accord, an I currently have 56k on scion xd. To me for as good quality parts at cheaper prices toyota wins. Yes hondas or sportier than toyota for the most part, but I believe when you add it all up if you want the vehicle with most durability at the end of the day I would go toyota hands down. If you trade every couple years anyway it really does not matter. For less problems and cheaper labor and parts with higher mileage go
Toyota.
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by GarbaAudu: 11:24am On Jul 04, 2012
Surely, office total war. I thought this thread has been closed & sealed? Toyota & Honda- Taiwo & Kehinde indeed!
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by funkei: 12:44pm On Jul 07, 2012
Very useful topic and found a lot of interesting comments largely based on sentiments. I went through Consumer reviews in the US and based on the statistics of complains, it is clear that Toyota cars have less issues. I was particularly stunned by the consumers complains of Honda Transmission that was at 59%, and the highest complain against the Toyota was 19% on AC/Heaters. Maybe that explains the popularity of Toyota. I will go for a Toyota for obvious reasons.
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by Gentlemaxy: 5:22pm On Jul 07, 2012
EEL: Anyday, Anytime, Toyota will remain the best but it also all depends on the year model of the cars you are comparing
which year in Toyota did you feel that is strong and good?
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by donvinchi: 9:37pm On Jul 08, 2012
kuntash: There is no vehicle thats not really good.- depends on how u use it- I smbdy that's used his first car (KIA optima) 4 yrs on now, and still kicking, why Japanese cars succeed in this part of the world is the availability of its mechanics- good or bad,

for me, its Toyota, I understand Honda is kool as well, but one has to be weary of its suspension- (ball joint pulling off etc),

Must it be a 2005? the Camry 2005 is not too fine (my opinion) , but the quality is great and superb. the Engine is very OK, (Have u wondered why mechanics use Toyota engines in lieu of some luxury engines lately?

Conclusion- if u r gonna use the car 85% in places as Abuja, u can go for Honda if u like- but for other places- Lagos etc, Go for The Toyota.

My Bro u are right.the Honda ball joint is nothing to write home about, imagine I saw a 2010 Honda accord ball joint pulled off.hardly u see such In Toyota no matter year. Toyota(good thinking good product).
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by dinoescobar(m): 12:56am On Jul 16, 2012
I have a Toyota corollA '84 model dat was inherited from my dad, sports edition all white with d spoilers and bumpers, we called her d "White Dove" still running for 17yrs and counting. Very correct ride. I currently use a 2010 camry muscle, all in all Honda'a look cool but I aint ready to die wit too much expensive maintainance and bow joint and shaft breakages, oh no, d white dove took me to places I never believd so TOYOTA anyday anytime.
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 18, 2012
Hondaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa #In lagbaja voice grin

1 Like

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by viazi: 1:48pm On Jul 20, 2012
@ All, I have used a Honda for 3 years, and I cant wait to dump it for a Toyota, The fucken Honda Car will never allow me to save a dime, All the Mechanics in Abuja feed on me. AM going for a Toyota CAMRY 2001 (FIsh/wide Light)any moment. Economically, 90% of Nigerians are not rich we are only managing to survive and AS such we cant cope with recurrent maintainance of the Honda. The Estate I live is near Apo Mechanic Village Abuja, 90% OF THE CARS U SEE THERE ARE HONDAS.I WILL NEVER BUY A HONDA IN MY LIFE AGAIN.IF U DASH ME, I GO SELL AM IMMEDIATELY.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by Quadmaster(m): 9:26pm On Jul 21, 2012
Total office war indeed!
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by yungboss(m): 8:15am On Jul 22, 2012
if you really want to know what a toyota or a honda means look for the meaning in www.urbandictionary.com
both cars are ricers, performance-wannabees...
Though im no fan of any, but if a gun is put to my head to make a choice, i'd go for the toyota...
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by yungboss(m): 8:24am On Jul 22, 2012
dino escobar: I have a Toyota corollA '84 model dat was inherited from my dad, sports edition all white with d spoilers and bumpers, we called her d "White Dove" still running for 17yrs and counting. Very correct ride. I currently use a 2010 camry muscle, all in all Honda'a look cool but I aint ready to die wit too much expensive maintainance and bow joint and shaft breakages, oh no, d white dove took me to places I never believd so TOYOTA anyday anytime.
true...been seeing alot of honda cars, especially the accord, here in port harcourt with ball joint failure broken in the middle of the road, how come it happens like that? The 2003-6 models are prone to this i guess, does it happen with no sign prior to final breakage?
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by Deffwill(m): 5:46pm On Jul 26, 2012
Guys, quite an interesting debate. But am interested in Honda civic 2006-2007 vs Toyota Corolla 2006-2007 which is better and why. Mind you I'm talking of tokunbo now, not brand new. Don't wanna start a new thread, so please guys your opinions are needed and much appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by dandollar1: 1:14pm On Sep 16, 2012
Plese guys, I'm so confused as to which ride to go for between 07 honda accord and 07 or 08 camry.I learnt the 07-08 camrys have transmission issues.how true? How stable is the 07 honda accord?
It would be my first ride and I want something that would give me real peace of mind,a car I will enjoy.
Its urgent please, I need to make a decision within 3weeks.
Please help a brother.
Thanx.
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by Tobiizzy(m): 6:35am On Sep 17, 2012
dan_dollar: Plese guys, I'm so confused as to which ride to go for between 07 honda accord and 07 or 08 camry.I learnt the 07-08 camrys have transmission issues.how true? How stable is the 07 honda accord?
It would be my first ride and I want something that would give me real peace of mind,a car I will enjoy.
Its urgent please, I need to make a decision within 3weeks.
Please help a brother.
Thanx.
to the best of my knowledge the toyota camry will be an excellent choice
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by aetel1: 9:45am On Oct 04, 2012
Guys i would like to know if the EOD is better than the corolla, i want to get my first car and i am contemplating between getting an EOD and a corrola both 2004 or 05 model... i am scared about this gear box issue.... i currently have a baby boy and it has given me just one issue which is the shocks ..... though its manual and my aunt had a DC and she had to spend so much on it when she had to fix it from an accident that occured at the beginning of this year ....What do i Do i love comfort but i dont want to get my fingers burnt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley / Automatic Gearbox Problems / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.