Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) (165181 Views)

Honda Vs Volkswagen Vs Nissan ( Nigeria Use) / Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan / Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by KA24DETT(m): 9:02pm On Oct 08, 2012
Honda VTEC,,,memories, Toyota 05 is too boring in looks , Honda is better... U want a drivers car, buy honda, u want "me too" car , buy toyota....
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by Pastorp2(m): 8:03am On Oct 11, 2012
It will not be fair to expect on car to win at every level.
For ruggedness Toyota wins but for sophistication Honda wins
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by LBT: 8:18am On May 19, 2013
dayokanu: I dont like that 2005 Toyota, But the newer shape kills the Honda version

In exterior design,

1998-2001 - Honda wins

2002-2006- Honda wins

2007- Date- Toyota wins
. Not true, honda 2010 interior kills toyota till date wins hands down. Have you checked both cars parked side by side?
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by ugoski: 1:12pm On Dec 31, 2014
Sorry for awakening this old tread.

I had a Toyota Camry 2002 (4 cylinder 2AZ engine). It had about 150k miles on it when I bought it in 2009. It never gave me major problems (I changed shaft and front wheel hub after about some 8kmiles due to portharcourt flood experiences)

I have read a lot of comments about honda being a drivers car etc. One of my friends called the camry an oldman's car.

However, I remember an incident that made me so proud of the car. Shortly after I bought my camry, my neighbour bought a clean EOD (I guess it should be an 03 or 04) the mileage should be below 100kmiles. One day, on my way back from Enugu going to PH, I met him near Abia tower, he asked me to join them as a convoy so he can drop of a friend in Abia state and thereafter we can drive down to PH together, I obliged. We branched of the expressway into Abia. After dropping of the guy, I trailed behind them till we got to the expressway.

Now, the trip into Abia took about 20mins of my time and I had to get back to PH before dark. I changed lanes to the speed lane and depressed the gas pedal. In seconds I was ahead of the HONDA! and the race started.

I could remember the frustration on my neighbours face whenever he tried to take the lead. The so called/acclaimed drivers car could not overtake the 2AZ 2002 'grandpapa' camry. I was so confident in the camry and was able to cruise at speeds of up to 170kmph. All he could see was the backside of the 'BIG FOR SOMETHING' 2002 camry pouring dust into his radiator grill.

Please for clarity, the expressway was better than it was now and it was a dual carriage so there was no excuse of oncoming traffic.

I loved the camry more after that experience. I have raced it several times on our naija highways and can't remember losing except for an 01/02 avalon that reinforced the supremacy of V6.

Value:
The camry was totaled when it ran of the highway at about 100kmph. The driver (learner) and I (passenger) came out unhurt. After minor repairs(just enough to make it driveable to the body work shop) it overheated (due to mechanic's carlessness/negligence) and I had to pass through the hell of top cylinder worn out bolts of 2AZ engine.

After repairs (changed fenders, radiator, ac condenser, shocks etc), I sold it and got about 41% of the the amount I bought it. My mechanic said you can only get that resale value (EVEN AFTER A MAJOR ACCIDENT LIKE THAT) from a Toyota. So true. I still see the new owner driving and chilling with his ac in the camry. This makes me ponder whether I took the right decision by selling off the camry. See pictures. It still looked good after the repairs

Besides the top cylinder worn out bolts challenge while trying to replace the top gasket, I loved every momement with the camry.

I currently drive an 04 Corolla. Bought it at 110k miles. It is two years old and I have never had a problem with it. Only change oil at 5k and drive. I still race cars on the highway. The engine is still as cool as breeze.

I wanna upgrade to an SUV with third-row (now a family man with children) I was considering a Honda pilot until I learnt of the death of an acquaitance a few days ago in his pilot. It got me thinking about the crash ratings of Honda

Toyota has it overall.

4 Likes

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by kingdom88: 2:03pm On Feb 03, 2017
Toyota cars are no match for a Honda when it comes to engines I used a Toyota big daddy and have changed engine 3times but since I used my Honda no issues at all Honda rocks

1 Like

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by audiigee(m): 11:01am On Aug 16, 2017
kingdom88:
Toyota cars are no match for a Honda when it comes to engines I used a Toyota big daddy and have changed engine 3times but since I used my Honda no issues at all Honda rocks

Boss what would u advise between camry05 and accord 2007.urgent pls
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by easyguy2020: 11:57pm On Aug 16, 2017
Toyota is More
rugged and durable. After use sales value is higher than Honda of same year.

1 Like

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by kingdom88: 10:42am On Aug 18, 2017
audiigee:

Boss what would u advise between camry05 and accord 2007.urgent pls
Camry 05 is far better .....stronger gear and better bow joints and shocks

1 Like

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by weyreypey: 3:07am On Aug 08, 2019
Hmm
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by ogawisdom(m): 7:18am On Aug 08, 2019
Toyota was manufactured with Nigeria in mind

Honda was made for developed countries with experts mechanics n wonderful roads
Exam result
Toyota 100% A1

Honda 30%F9
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by weyreypey: 8:33am On Aug 08, 2019
ogawisdom:
Toyota was manufactured with Nigeria in mind

Honda was made for developed countries with experts mechanics n wonderful roads
Exam result
Toyota 100% A1

Honda 30%F9

Don't let luvinhubby catch you o
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by idmoore(m): 10:45am On Aug 09, 2019
I agreed with the aesthetic interior nd body shape of Honda cars but Toyota is still the best most reliable and efficient car you can ever have with peace of mind.
Toyota for live!

1 Like

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by abumeinben(m): 7:13am On Aug 25, 2019
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by jonaifame22(m): 9:59am On Mar 31, 2020
sylve11:
i prefer toyosco anyday anytime, have u gear the honda city? kiss lawd! dat ride is sweet to pedder cool
pls what year ofbhonda city are talking about, I'm buying one after the corona virus lock down but I don't know which is the best to go for and also which year are you making reference to?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley / Automatic Gearbox Problems / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.