Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,967 members, 7,825,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East (2186 Views)

Peter Obi: Nigeria Needs Leaders With Genuine Identity, Verified Credentials / Peter Obi Is A Disruptor But Lacks National Appeal – Osita Chidoka (Video) / 2023: Nigeria Doesn't Need Leaders With Walking Stick - Abdulsalami Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by ashacot: 3:08pm On Aug 15, 2018
As the 2019 election draws closer, many politicians and political parties have started strategizing on how to prosecute and win the election. There are currently Negotiations going on, alignment and realignments among politicians, political parties, and also regions in the country. Theses Negotiations Don't come cheap. Every participant of these negotiations do so for the benefit of their regions and mainly for themselves.

We have seen how PDP Presidential candidates are visiting regions and their leaders. In South west, They have turned ex president Obasanjo's house to a political Jerusalem of sort. They have also visited FFK. other south west political stalwarts they have visited are olu falae, Bode judge, and gbenga daniels. APC are not left out, The all progressive Congress has visited visited Bola Tinubu, and other APC stalwarts in the region.

At the North, The PDP Has been visiting IBB, Both parties are definitely going to visit shehu shagari, and abdusalami and other Northern stalwarts who are likely to play major roles in Next year election.

Unfortunately for south east, we don't have this kind of Leaders in our region despite being one of the heavyweight tribes in the country and having former governors, senators, house of rep members and Ministers. The last administration saw igbos manning major positions in governments. This would have helped two or three or our leaders that served in that government grow into leaders with national appeal or a leader who can influence our regional politics, but unfortunately, we couldn't take advantage of that opportunity. Now they are negotiations going on, political visitations, but who does these politicians visit in the south east? It make one to ask the question, what are we igbos even demanding from these political candidates? are we going to give them our support blindly without asking after our own benefit as usual? Many question begging for answers. Rochas Okorocha may have huge National following, but he is being vilified by his own people, Peter Obi another great Leader would have grown into that kind of leader.

I think it is time for us to have leaders who will influence our regional politics and at the same time help us to cut great deals that we also see that our region is developed.

Pardon my Use Of English

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Turantula(m): 3:16pm On Aug 15, 2018
Had to stop reading the moment I saw Roaches and Cockroach

2 Likes

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Righteousness89(m): 3:27pm On Aug 15, 2018
Great write up!!
The ibo nation is filled with Politicians who are pretenders and Ass lickers.....

Hopefully the likes of Sen.Ekweremadu, Mr. Peter Obi, Obiano, Gburugburu and a few others will live up to the billing...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by 9jalyte: 3:28pm On Aug 15, 2018
My dear, are you really Igbo? If you are an Igbo man or woman you should understand the beauty of Igbo tribe and I think you shouldn't have used the word "unfortunately". It is for your good that no single individual can be "nnam oha" rather every Igbo is a king on his own. No one can Lord over you and no one can brag of owning you or your region.

That was the exert reason why the colonial movement experienced the most difficult time in Igbo land. Unlike in the other regions, all the needed to do was capture the traditional authority and own the whole place, they came to Igbo land and found out that to capture the land you have to capture everyone. I think you should be proud of your Igboness.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:33pm On Aug 15, 2018
Inukwa!!! Rochas an iberiberian man having national appeal!!! Hiaaa.BTW how is Tinubu more influential than Ike Ekweremadu? You people are deceiving yourself.

Igbos are not zombies,s man like Tinubu would have been long cut to size were he to be in the SE.I do not regard one greedy old man pocketing the resources of a state and telling the stupid natives whom to vote for yet they keep following him like zombies.

Tinubu for his selfish motive denied the SW the speakership zoned to them in 2011.What sort of politics is that? Tufiakwa the SE says no to zombiesm and iberiberism

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by RockHard: 4:03pm On Aug 15, 2018
PaChukwudi44:
Tinubu for his selfish motive denied the SW the speakership zoned to them in 2011.What sort of politics is that? Tufiakwa the SE says no to zombiesm and iberiberism

Maybe Tinubu was being strategic when he rejected the speakership which he saw as a 'greek gift' at the time, projecting (correctly) that he could bargain for a bigger and better position (VP) in the emerging opposition coalition at the time (which became the APC). And his gamble paid off because the same he influenced the emergence of the current VP/Acting President. Just saying. undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by PaChukwudi44(m): 5:47pm On Aug 15, 2018
RockHard:

Maybe Tinubu was being strategic when he rejected the speakership which he saw as a 'greek gift' at the time, projecting (correctly) that he could bargain for a bigger and better position (VP) in the emerging opposition coalition at the time (which became the APC). And his gamble paid off because the same he influenced the emergence of the current VP/Acting President. Just saying. undecided
So if the sw got the speakership in 2011,yorubas will have voted PDP in 2015?
If letting one man decide the fate of an entire tribe is sophistication, then to hell with it.Igbos will never play such zombie politics. Never ever!!!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Grundig: 5:51pm On Aug 15, 2018
But this is not new.
Ever heard the saying 'igbo enweghi eze'. This translates to "igbo has no king/leader'
Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by RockHard: 6:07pm On Aug 15, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

If letting one man decide the fate of an entire tribe is sophistication, then to hell with it.Igbos will never play such zombie politics. Never ever!!!

Oga, I never said anything about how Igbos choose to play their politics, or did I? It's actually none of my business and I don't bloody care. I only gave a theory as to why the Tinubu camp may have declined the speakership offer -- a lot of Yoruba's still ended up voting Jonathan regardless. But he obviously built and earned his leadership credentials over the years hence his enduring influence over those that support and follow his political leadership. Besides, Tinubu is not the only SW political leader of renown, OBJ is also there, as well as some other pocket political tendencies; though he's apparently perhaps the most influential currently, and I dare say he didn't just get there overnight, your bad-belle notwithstanding.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Shukuakukobambi: 6:15pm On Aug 15, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

But you didn't mind dedicating your life and existence in service to the albino hunchback who had no achievement or job to boast of prior to assuming the Messiah-ship of your entire tribe?

That is the definition of zombie politics and followership. You have the individuals you worship uncle shukudi, they just don't measure up to anything

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Shukuakukobambi: 6:18pm On Aug 15, 2018
RockHard:

Oga, I never said anything about how Igbos choose to play their politics, or did I? It's actually none of my business and I don't bloody care. I only gave a theory as to why the Tinubu camp may have declined the speakership offer. He obviously built and earned his leadership credentials over the years hence his enduring influence over those that support and follow his political leadership. Besides, Tinubu is not the only SW political leader of renown, OBJ is also there, as well as some other pocket political tendencies; though he's apparently perhaps the most influential currently, and I dare say he didn't just get there overnight, your bad-belle notwithstanding.

My brother, forget the braggart jare. What do we call their mindless and zombie like devotion to kanu? He became a God to these guys to the extent plenty were claiming he's more important to them than Jesus Christ and started abandoning Christianity for Judaism altogether!!

Even the Fulani didn't worship Ahmadu Bello to that extent despite all the wonderful things he did and got for them

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by RockHard: 6:19pm On Aug 15, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

My brother, forget the braggart jare. What do we call their mindless and zombie like devotion to kanu? He became a God to these guys to the extent plenty were claiming he's more important to them than Jesus Christ!!

Even the Fulani didn't worship ahmadu Bello to that extent

As in ehn? I jus tire..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by donbachi(m): 6:25pm On Aug 15, 2018
Na dem be political otimkpus...always hailing other politicians.just like orji uzor kalu

2 Likes

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by maestroferddi: 6:27pm On Aug 15, 2018
Grundig:
But this is not new.
Ever heard the saying 'igbo enweghi eze'. This translates to "igbo has no king/leader'
The Igbos run an egalitarian society.

That's how we are wired and it fuels our resourcefulness and uniqueness.
Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2018
[b]It will be difficult to get such in the South East!

Unless you are a selfless person, the Igbos will NEVER recognise you or treat you as a leader!!

Forget the media propaganda staged by any governor the Igbos know their own!

Instead of visiting one corrupt person with money, they would prefer you not only address the crowd but also put your good work in display!

Nnamdi Kanu is the best candidate. He has being fighting Uwazuruike over allegations on corruption since inception not able to stand injustice made him open radio biafra!

His selflessness earned him the respect of his people, both home and abroad such that many willingly laid down their lives. But unfortunately, Buhari is holding him hostage undecided

That is the Igbos for you!

Peter Obi is another esteemed Leader but he is a solo! He is the type that when given a responsibility, he makes sure that it is properly done! Free of corruption and scandal. He is so passionate about his people! He sees them as one big family

Infact his results speaks for him! He is a true technocrat!

So now you know, any politician visiting the East must carry them along. Make them a promised and ENSURE that it is fulfilled!

The people just want anyone representing or addressing them to mean their genuine interest!

Igbos are just like one big extended family irrespective of the state!

Do that and they will love you forever ever after death![/b]

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by maestroferddi: 6:35pm On Aug 15, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

My brother, forget the braggart jare. What do we call their mindless and zombie like devotion to kanu? He became a God to these guys to the extent plenty were claiming he's more important to them than Jesus Christ and started abandoning Christianity for Judaism because of him!!

Even the Fulani didn't worship Ahmadu Bello to that extent despite all the wonderful things he did and got for them
You are not smart.

Kanu is just a rallying point. He provided a galvanizing vehicle to give expression to the rightful feeling of marginalization by the Igbos.

Before Kanu, there was Uwazuruike and of course Ojukwu blazed the trail.

The point being made is that the Igbo agitation for fairness and equity is bigger than Kanu. In fact any other Igbo man could have elicited the same reaction.

We are Igbos. We are good at kowtowing before tin goods.

Though it might take some time, but ultimately we shall carry the day...

3 Likes

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Shukuakukobambi: 6:47pm On Aug 15, 2018
maestroferddi:
You are not smart.

Kanu is just a rallying point. He provided a galvanizing vehicle to give expression to the rightful feeling of marginalization by the Igbos.

Before Kanu, there was Uwazuruike and of course Ojukwu blazed the trail.

The point being made is that the Igbo agitation for fairness and equity is bigger than Kanu. In fact any other Igbo man could have elicited the same reaction.

We are Igbos. We are good at kowtowing before tin goods.

Though it might take some time, but ultimately we shall carry the day...

A rallying point that plenty were dumping Jesus Christ for? You're the one that isn't smart and trying to be clever by half.

No one worshipped ojukwu, none worshipped uwazurike but millions of your youth drank the Kool aid the guy brought them that your your so "igbo enweghi eze" mantra was trodden underfoot.

You personally didn't succumb to the idiocy even if you aligned with his cause, thanks to whatever you worship for your exposure. Same can't be said for millions of your compatriots; there's no idiocy he spewed that they didn't believe even till today!

If he appears today, he will dictate who and what party wins igboland and you know it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Corrinthians(m): 6:55pm On Aug 15, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Look how intelligently the man you responded to put across his opinion. All you people do is insult, insult and insult. You hardly make any meaningful statement. Once you insult people and get a few likes here and there, it seems youve accomplished your purpose for life.

Y'all need to turn a new leaf honestly.

5 Likes

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by maestroferddi: 7:09pm On Aug 15, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

A rallying point that plenty were dumping Jesus Christ for? You're the one that isn't smart and trying to be clever by half.

No one worshipped ojukwu, none worshipped uwazurike but millions of your youth drank the Kool aid the guy brought them that your your so "igbo enweghi eze" mantra was trodden underfoot.

You personally didn't succumb to the idiocy even if you aligned with his cause, thanks to whatever you worship for your exposure. Same can't be said for millions of your compatriots; there's no idiocy he spewed that they didn't believe even till today!

If he appears today, he will dictate who and what party wins igboland and you know it.
Hallucination is not good for your health.

Igbos worshiping Kanu?

Don't be ridiculous.

Who is Kanu in the scheme of things in Igboland? Anyways, I don't expect you to understand since you regale in the mindless propaganda being churned by Lagos-Ibadan Express way media hacks.

It takes an Igbo to understand...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Shukuakukobambi: 7:14pm On Aug 15, 2018
maestroferddi:
Hallucination is not good for your health.

Igbos worshiping Kanu?

Don't be ridiculous.

Who is Kanu in the scheme of things in Igboland? Anyways, I don't expect you to understand since you regale in the mindless propaganda being churned by Lagos-Ibadan Express way media hacks.

It takes an Igbo to understand...

Ridiculous? Propaganda?

Pls help me understand this picture. Is that normal in igboland?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6019821_2017090306_54_49_jpeg4372a349205f007e905691ca2b19b712

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by maestroferddi: 7:14pm On Aug 15, 2018
Corrinthians:
Look how intelligently the man you responded to put across his opinion. All you people do is insult, insult and insult. You hardly make any meaningful statement. Once you insult people and get a few likes here and there, it seems youve accomplished your purpose for life.

Y'all need to turn a new leaf honestly.
One should discern what one is up against when characters like you assume the model/coach for good behavior...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Corrinthians(m): 7:23pm On Aug 15, 2018
maestroferddi:
One should discern what one is up against when characters like you assume the model/coach for good behavior...
Weve been down that road and know how counterproductive it is. Reason why we've chosen to go back how it used to be way back.

But make no mistake, if anyone prefers to remain a fool and hold fast unto their right to be foolish, we surely aren't gonna stop them forcefully from being so. If you ask me though, I think it pays more to be wise than stupid.

Think about it.

4 Likes

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by maestroferddi: 7:24pm On Aug 15, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

Ridiculous? Propaganda?

Pls help me understand this picture. Is that normal in igboland?

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/6019821_2017090306_54_49_jpeg4372a349
205f007e905691ca2b19b712[/img]
I still maintain that you are not smart.

In this age of the internet and photo shopping, why would what you displayed be a definitive proof of wrong doing?

An average Igbo man observing the South West-led defeatist propaganda on the Kanu issue will not help laughing at your tomfoolery.

Igbos don't even pay overt obeisance or deference to their fellow man no matter how highly placed they are let alone exhibit the self-serving demonstration you mustered for your fancy.

Even Ojukwu at the peak of his powers faced strong criticism/censure/opposition from fellow Igbo leaders let alone Kanu of yesterday...

You may have to step up your game...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Corrinthians(m): 7:28pm On Aug 15, 2018
PaChukwudi44:
Inukwa!!! Rochas an iberiberian man having national appeal!!! Hiaaa.BTW how is Tinubu more influential than Ike Ekweremadu? You people are deceiving yourself.

Igbos are not zombies,s man like Tinubu would have been long cut to size were he to be in the SE.I do not regard one greedy old man pocketing the resources of a state and telling the stupid natives whom to vote for yet they keep following him like zombies.

The only thing that needs cutting to size is your hate, bigotry and immaturity.

When Tinubu made his bones in politics, Ekweremadu was probably still chasing high school girls. That I know you know.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by maestroferddi: 7:29pm On Aug 15, 2018
Corrinthians:
Weve been down that road and know how counterproductive it is. Reason why we've chosen to go back how it used to be way back.

But make no mistake, if anyone prefers to remain a fool and hold fast unto their right to be foolish, we surely aren't gonna stop them forcefully from being so. If you ask me though, I think it pays more to be wise than stupid.

Think about it.
Is not symptomatic of utter senselessness?

A simpleton looks around himself and deem others dolts while arrogating intelligence to himself ...

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Corrinthians(m): 7:32pm On Aug 15, 2018
maestroferddi:
Is not symptomatic of utter senselessness?

A simpleton looks around himself and deem others dolts while arrogating intelligence to himself ...
Tuché. Mirror mirror on the wall, what a carbon copy thou produces. wink

Bye. Good luck in your upholding the mantle. You sure deserve that throne. wink

2 Likes

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by maestroferddi: 7:34pm On Aug 15, 2018
Corrinthians:
Tuché. Mirror mirror on the wall, what a carbon copy thou produces. wink

Bye. Good luck in your upholding the mantle. You sure deserve that throne. wink
You are going off at a tangent...

Make use of the brakes...

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Shukuakukobambi: 8:09pm On Aug 15, 2018
maestroferddi:
I still maintain that you are not smart.

In this age of the internet and photo shopping, why would what you displayed be a definitive proof of wrong doing?

An average Igbo man observing the South West-led defeatist propaganda on the Kanu issue will not help laughing at your tomfoolery.

Igbos don't even pay overt obeisance or deference to their fellow man no matter how highly placed they are let alone exhibit the self-serving demonstration you mustered for your fancy.

Even Ojukwu at the peak of his powers faced strong criticism/censure/opposition from fellow Igbo leaders let alone Kanu of yesterday...

You may have to step up your game...

You're not smart. your pathetic defence is shameful

So it's Photoshop now? There are numerous pictures of your people worshipping this guy no matter your denials.

What about those who denounced Jesus Christ because kanu proclaimed Judaism? What about the numerous gullible young men who believed they were part of an elite force called the BSS and were even screaming about how they were prepared to bring down the zoo with weapons they were expecting from foreign allies? Rev Jim Jones of Guyana would have been jealous

I see you avoided talking about how they elevated him even beyond the reverence given to your spiritual leaders. However you try to bend it, kanu was in control of the mind of millions of ignorant igbo youths and he could bend it wherever he wanted. I remember how many came on Facebook to talk about attacking pastor kumuyi because kanu asked them to stone him if he came to aba for a crusade.

How many of your leaders came out publicly against him while he held sway? Kanu was bigger than a God in your alaigbo and no wonder the conspiracy of silence from all members of your political class over his fate

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by chikarism: 9:42pm On Aug 15, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

You're not smart. your pathetic defence is shameful

So it's Photoshop now? There are numerous pictures of your people worshipping this guy no matter your denials.

What about those who denounced Jesus Christ because kanu proclaimed Judaism? What about the numerous gullible young men who believed they were part of an elite force called the BSS and were even screaming about how they were prepared to bring down the zoo with weapons they were expecting from foreign allies? Rev Jim Jones of Guyana would have been jealous

I see you avoided talking about how they elevated him even beyond the reverence given to your spiritual leaders. However you try to bend it, kanu was in control of the mind of millions of ignorant igbo youths and he could bend it wherever he wanted. I remember how many came on Facebook to talk about attacking pastor kumuyi because kanu asked them to stone him if he came to aba for a crusade.

How many of your leaders came out publicly against him while he held sway? Kanu was bigger than a God in your alaigbo and no wonder the conspiracy of silence from all members of your political class over his fate

we love and adore him
he was bigger than everything to us
mazi nnamdi kanu
nd we are all illiterates ignorant
hope you are satisfied
but simply what I don't understand is your pain on hw we treat our leader

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Shukuakukobambi: 9:49pm On Aug 15, 2018
chikarism:

we love and adore him
he was bigger than everything to us
mazi nnamdi kanu
nd we are all illiterates ignorant
hope you are satisfied
but simply what I don't understand is your pain on hw we treat our leader

Thanks for your confirmation of most of what I said.

I'm not pained. It's your right to direct your devotion and love to wherever and whomever you wish and I won't argue with it.

One love

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Basic123: 9:55pm On Aug 15, 2018
Shukuakukobambi

you've done well on this thread.

kudos,you really dealt with their chestbeat and lies! to the extent that they admitted it.

3 Likes

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by ORIENTATION101: 10:04pm On Aug 15, 2018
Shukuakukobambi takes no prisoner. he deals with you till you receive sense grin

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bombshell: Reno Releases The 4th Audio / Sen. Akpabio: Planning The Downfall Of Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari / BREAKING: US Government Seizes Air Peace Jets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.