Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,618 members, 7,840,466 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East (2217 Views)

Peter Obi: Nigeria Needs Leaders With Genuine Identity, Verified Credentials / Peter Obi Is A Disruptor But Lacks National Appeal – Osita Chidoka (Video) / 2023: Nigeria Doesn't Need Leaders With Walking Stick - Abdulsalami Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by maestroferddi: 10:07pm On Aug 15, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

You're not smart. your pathetic defence is shameful

So it's Photoshop now? There are numerous pictures of your people worshipping this guy no matter your denials.

What about those who denounced Jesus Christ because kanu proclaimed Judaism? What about the numerous gullible young men who believed they were part of an elite force called the BSS and were even screaming about how they were prepared to bring down the zoo with weapons they were expecting from foreign allies? Rev Jim Jones of Guyana would have been jealous

I see you avoided talking about how they elevated him even beyond the reverence given to your spiritual leaders. However you try to bend it, kanu was in control of the mind of millions of ignorant igbo youths and he could bend it wherever he wanted. I remember how many came on Facebook to talk about attacking pastor kumuyi because kanu asked them to stone him if he came to aba for a crusade.

How many of your leaders came out publicly against him while he held sway? Kanu was bigger than a God in your alaigbo and no wonder the conspiracy of silence from all members of your political class over his fate
I think it is pointless trying to refute your cocktail of falsehood and obtuse suppositions.

Why wonders why the fixation with figments of your feverish imagination.

Kanu was being viewed as a freedom fighter and nothing more. If you were deifying him, that should be your problem.

You are too lazy to travel out of your comfort zone to get first hand information on culture of other people.

Not that you have the mental endowment to sieve the wheat from the chaff being fed to you by a dysfunctional media...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by maestroferddi: 10:12pm On Aug 15, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

Thanks for your confirmation of most of what I said.

I'm not pained. It's your right to direct your devotion and love to wherever and whomever you wish and I won't argue with it.

One love
Deplorable elements who have no honour.

What does it say when your ilk clone accounts just to achieve a sinister motive?

Little wonder you belong to/plump for the brotherhood of falsehood and chicanery masquerading as a political party.

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Shukuakukobambi: 10:20pm On Aug 15, 2018
maestroferddi:
I think it is pointless trying to refute your cocktail of falsehood and obtuse suppositions.

Kanu was being viewed as a freedom fighterand nothing more. If you were deifying him, that should be your problem.

You are too lazy to travel out of your comfort zone to get first information on culture of other people.

Not that you have the mental endowment to sieve the wheat from the chaff being fed to you by a dysfunctional media...

You're so shameless it's unbelievable. See how you lie with a straight face. I guess your brother who quoted me last is also part of the ibadan media? cheesy

Your youth were devoted to the albino hunchback in ways that'll make amadioha green with envy. There was no lie too stupid and dumb he spewed that they didn't believe. There was no idiotic boasting and bragging he made that was too arkward for them to repeat. There was no claim too outlandish they didn't accept as long as it came from his mouth.

I know it's shameful to admit after all the rubbish chants of "igbo enweghi eze" you've subjected us to. Igbo actually have Kings they worship and nnamdi kanu was a God-king in alaigbo like no other. Numerous threads opened by your brothers on this board attest to that

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Edcure1: 10:25pm On Aug 15, 2018
9jalyte:
My dear, are you really Igbo? If you are an Igbo man or woman you should understand the beauty of Igbo tribe and I think you shouldn't have used the word "unfortunately". It is for your good that no single individual can be "nnam oha" rather every Igbo is a king on his own. No one can Lord over you and no one can brag of owning you or your region.
That was the exert reason why the colonial movement experienced the most difficult time in Igbo land. Unlike in the other regions, all the needed to do was capture the traditional authority and own the whole place, they came to Igbo land and found out that to capture the land you have to capture everyone. I think you should be proud of your Igboness.
Brov, your write-up is non contextual. This is not one of those feel-good lessons in your history classes.

The OP's valid observation and concerns require a rational response that is not laden with sentimental bragging.

4 Likes

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Shukuakukobambi: 10:27pm On Aug 15, 2018
maestroferddi:
Deplorable elements who have no honour.

What does it say when your ilk clone accounts just to achieve a sinister motive?

Little wonder you belong to/plump for the brotherhood of falsehood and chicanery masquerading as a political party.

You're so shameless. See what desperation had turned you to. So chikarism is now an afonja? cheesy

So it's now cloning? What about those pictures of biafran secret service that the albino hunchback was inspecting? You'll say it's Photoshop too or I cloned them? I thought Christians or umu chineke don't lie? cheesy

Infact, now I remember one moniker, amadiaba that was running riot with those idiotic threads before python damced away the empty braggart

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Edcure1: 10:41pm On Aug 15, 2018
Grundig:
But this is not new.
Ever heard the saying 'igbo enweghi eze'. This translates to "igbo has no king/leader'
Trust me they do have leaders. Their leaders just ain't smart and resilient. They lack foresight and live for the moment.
One can say they have no ideals, or they're not too eager to sacrifice anything for the realization of long-term ideals that may benefit their people.

They fear drama and political gamble, and always strive to be in the good books of whoever is in power. They are what you call Fairweather politicians/leaders.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by maestroferddi: 10:56pm On Aug 15, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

You're so shameless it's unbelievable. See how you lie with a straight face. I guess your brother who quoted me last is also part of the ibadan media? cheesy

Your youth were devoted to the albino hunchback in ways that'll make amadioha green with envy. There was no lie too stupid and dumb he spewed that they didn't believe. There was no idiotic boasting and bragging he made that was too arkward for them to repeat. There was no claim too outlandish they didn't accept as long as it came from his mouth.

I know it's shameful to admit after all the rubbish chants of "igbo enweghi eze" you've subjected us to. Igbo actually have Kings they worship and nnamdi kanu was a God-king in alaigbo like no other. Numerous threads opened by your brothers on this board attest to that
Stop embarrassing yourself...
Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by maestroferddi: 11:03pm On Aug 15, 2018
Edcure1:

Brov, your write-up is non contextual. This is not one of those feel-good lessons in your history classes.

The OP's valid observation and concerns require a rational response that is not laden with sentimental bragging.
You people are pathetic...

So you were expecting him to accept any label you placed on Igbos just to make you happy?

You people are quixotic... More like delusions of grandeur.

You think you have enough consequence to assume moral overlordship over Igbos....

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by chikarism: 11:08pm On Aug 15, 2018
maestroferddi:

Kanu was being viewed as a freedom fighterand nothing more. If you were deifying him, that should be your problem.

You are too lazy to travel out of your comfort zone to get first information on culture of other people.

ma brother it is indeed pointless trying refute or even respond to all dis discombobulated mentally derailed elements
I just need to satisfy their ego u can see how they are masturbating on it
Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by gaby(m): 11:17pm On Aug 15, 2018
Grundig:
But this is not new.
Ever heard the saying 'igbo enweghi eze'. This translates to "igbo has no king/leader'

I know this is to some extent true, but trust me on this, it isn't something to brag about. It tells so much and fits exactly into the op's narrative and questions raised.

While I abhor a situation where one man will play 'god' by deciding who or where gets what, it pays to have someone as a rallying points-man and a leader amongst a group to ensure and project a common goal and front.

Whereas a common goal or collective front is lacking, individualism takes root, birthing selfishness and ultimately leads to zero reckoning both individually and collectively.

What country have you seen where every man claims to be a leader, or you want to know what happens to a flock without a herder?

The truth is, a house divided against itself and where every one gloats or plays the boss is a disaster without the need to wait for it to happen.

I've heard so much about the above phrase or word and how some take it as something to be proud of instead of realizing that is exactly why the Igbo nation/people are like nomads all over (no offence meant please) without a leader to point to, who'd stand in for and negotiate on behalf of the entire group.

When everybody is a boss/leader, it makes the enemy or opponents job way easier because balkanization is the natural case already with such a group and thus having a strangle hold on them becomes a piece meal due to the lack of cohesion and a common front.

Peace..

2 Likes

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Edcure1: 11:24pm On Aug 15, 2018
maestroferddi:
You people are pathetic...
So you were expecting him to accept any label you placed on Igbos just to make you happy?
You people are quixotic... More like delusions of grandeur.
You think you have enough consequence to assume moral overlordship over Igbos....
What is this one saying?
The truth does not depend on your feelings to validate itself.

Your denial and willful ignorance poses no threat to prevailing realities. It is rather a harbinger to greater political misfortunes, irrelevance and widening marginalisation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by KratosCorp: 12:19am On Aug 16, 2018
A number of those aspirants, like Atiku, has visited the SE a couple of times. And it's funny how you think that Tinubu is what he's probably not.

Most of SE are weary of the country as it's currently structured. They are aiming for restructuring at the bare minimum. So candidates which has no real intention of restructuring will probably not go there.

Again, are you aware that SE (though the smallest region in terms of States) is the only zone that has representation from 3 parties at BOTH the state and federal levels. That should tell you something about the people.

RockHard:

Oga, I never said anything about how Igbos choose to play their politics, or did I? It's actually none of my business and I don't bloody care. I only gave a theory as to why the Tinubu camp may have declined the speakership offer -- a lot of Yoruba's still ended up voting Jonathan regardless. But he obviously built and earned his leadership credentials over the years hence his enduring influence over those that support and follow his political leadership. Besides, Tinubu is not the only SW political leader of renown, OBJ is also there, as well as some other pocket political tendencies; though he's apparently perhaps the most influential currently, and I dare say he didn't just get there overnight, your bad-belle notwithstanding.
Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by KratosCorp: 12:33am On Aug 16, 2018
Your talk about leadership is not what you think it is.

For example, who is the leader in the south west?

Tinubu?

Obasanjo?

Fayose?

Ooni?

Alafin?

Afenifere?

OPC?

Who?

Did you notice that many of these individuals/groups don't even get together?

The same thing is also true in the north where despite the seemingly monothilic religion there's widespread division and killings. Or do you think that the clamour for Middle Belt is for fun?

In any case, Igbo's need a stronger common front, but that's traditionally done through collective liason and efforts and not by one man's fiat.

gaby:

I know this is to some extent true, but trust me on this, it isn't something to brag about. It tells so much and fits exactly into the op's narrative and questions raised.

Peace..
Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Nobody: 12:43am On Aug 16, 2018
ashacot:
As the 2019 election draws closer, many politicians and political parties have started strategizing on how to prosecute and win the election. There are currently Negotiations going on, alignment and realignments among politicians, political parties, and also regions in the country. Theses Negotiations Don't come cheap. Every participant of these negotiations do so for the benefit of their regions and mainly for themselves.

We have seen how PDP Presidential candidates are visiting regions and their leaders. In South west, They have turned ex president Obasanjo's house to a political Jerusalem of sort. They have also visited FFK. other south west political stalwarts they have visited are olu falae, Bode judge, and gbenga daniels. APC are not left out, The all progressive Congress has visited visited Bola Tinubu, and other APC stalwarts in the region.

At the North, The PDP Has been visiting IBB, Both parties are definitely going to visit shehu shagari, and abdusalami and other Northern stalwarts who are likely to play major roles in Next year election.

Unfortunately for south east, we don't have this kind of Leaders in our region despite being one of the heavyweight tribes in the country and having former governors, senators, house of rep members and Ministers. The last administration saw igbos manning major positions in governments. This would have helped two or three or our leaders that served in that government grow into leaders with national appeal or a leader who can influence our regional politics, but unfortunately, we couldn't take advantage of that opportunity. Now they are negotiations going on, political visitations, but who does these politicians visit in the south east? It make one to ask the question, what are we igbos even demanding from these political candidates? are we going to give them our support blindly without asking after our own benefit as usual? Many question begging for answers. Rochas Okorocha may have huge National following, but he is being vilified by his own people, Peter Obi another great Leader would have grown into that kind of leader.

I think it is time for us to have leaders who will influence our regional politics and at the same time help us to cut great deals that we also see that our region is developed.

Pardon my Use Of English

U Afonjas still don't get this

igbos aren't like sophisticated Yoruba youths that only tifffnubu decides who they should vote for. the useless man has already made u people vote for buhari which has turned the nation into a natural disaster.

igbos have an ability to think independently n take their own decisions. We will vote on an individual basis according to the thibgs on ground.

Grow up n focus on ur fellow AFJs
Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by maestroferddi: 7:15am On Aug 16, 2018
Edcure1:

What is this one saying?
The truth does not depend on your feelings to validate itself.

Your denial and willful ignorance poses no threat to prevailing realities. It is rather a harbinger to greater political misfortunes, irrelevance and widening marginalisation.
The "truth" like those established by the likes of Abubakar Shekau...
Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 16, 2018
ashacot:
As the 2019 election draws closer, many politicians and political parties have started strategizing on how to prosecute and win the election. There are currently Negotiations going on, alignment and realignments among politicians, political parties, and also regions in the country. Theses Negotiations Don't come cheap. Every participant of these negotiations do so for the benefit of their regions and mainly for themselves.

We have seen how PDP Presidential candidates are visiting regions and their leaders. In South west, They have turned ex president Obasanjo's house to a political Jerusalem of sort. They have also visited FFK. other south west political stalwarts they have visited are olu falae, Bode judge, and gbenga daniels. APC are not left out, The all progressive Congress has visited visited Bola Tinubu, and other APC stalwarts in the region.

At the North, The PDP Has been visiting IBB, Both parties are definitely going to visit shehu shagari, and abdusalami and other Northern stalwarts who are likely to play major roles in Next year election.

Unfortunately for south east, we don't have this kind of Leaders in our region despite being one of the heavyweight tribes in the country and having former governors, senators, house of rep members and Ministers. The last administration saw igbos manning major positions in governments. This would have helped two or three or our leaders that served in that government grow into leaders with national appeal or a leader who can influence our regional politics, but unfortunately, we couldn't take advantage of that opportunity. Now they are negotiations going on, political visitations, but who does these politicians visit in the south east? It make one to ask the question, what are we igbos even demanding from these political candidates? are we going to give them our support blindly without asking after our own benefit as usual? Many question begging for answers. Rochas Okorocha may have huge National following, but he is being vilified by his own people, Peter Obi another great Leader would have grown into that kind of leader.

I think it is time for us to have leaders who will influence our regional politics and at the same time help us to cut great deals that we also see that our region is developed.

Pardon my Use Of English

Immediately I saw rochas, I knew the post is another useless one and I had to stop reading.
Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 16, 2018
RockHard:

Oga, I never said anything about how Igbos choose to play their politics, or did I? It's actually none of my business and I don't bloody care. I only gave a theory as to why the Tinubu camp may have declined the speakership offer -- a lot of Yoruba's still ended up voting Jonathan regardless. But he obviously built and earned his leadership credentials over the years hence his enduring influence over those that support and follow his political leadership. Besides, Tinubu is not the only SW political leader of renown, OBJ is also there, as well as some other pocket political tendencies; though he's apparently perhaps the most influential currently, and I dare say he didn't just get there overnight, your bad-belle notwithstanding.

Yorubas voted GEJ and pdp...pls the lies is too much...

Infact the people that voted for GEJ are SE/SS residing in SW.
Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 16, 2018
RockHard:

As in ehn? I jus tire..

Is our matter not urs....so it shouldn't bother or irritate u...
Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by RockHard: 7:51am On Aug 16, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Yorubas voted GEJ and pdp...pls the lies is too much...

Infact the people that voted for GEJ are SE/SS residing in SW.

Ok. No Yoruba person voted for Goodluck Jonathan in the SW, not in 2011, not in 2015. Now buzz off you my mention.

2 Likes

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 16, 2018
Basic123:
Shukuakukobambi

you've done well on this thread.

kudos,you really dealt with their chestbeat and lies! to the extent that they admitted it.

Admit....ayam not understanding...coz I hv not seen anything admitted...directly or indirectly.
Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 16, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

Thanks for your confirmation of most of what I said.

I'm not pained. It's your right to direct your devotion and love to wherever and whomever you wish and I won't argue with it.

One love
Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 16, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

Nnamdi kanu is a go-king.
And as such.....God save Mazi Nnamdi kanu....

He is an erudite.
Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 16, 2018
Edcure1:

Trust me they do have leaders. Their leaders just ain't smart and resilient. They lack foresight and live for the moment.
One can say they have no ideals, or they're not too eager to sacrifice anything for the realization of long-term ideals that may benefit their people.

They fear drama and political gamble, and always strive to be in the good books of whoever is in power. They are what you call Fairweather politicians/leaders.

Igbo are headless.
Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 16, 2018
maestroferddi u really did a good job on educating them on final points of democracy, been independent, and the issue of igbo traditional society of igbo enwe eze......

God save u.
Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Shukuakukobambi: 8:06am On Aug 16, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Nnamdi kanu is a go-king.
And as such.....God save Mazi Nnamdi kanu....

He is an erudite.

He's bigger to you than whatever God you worship my dear alobam. He's bigger than okike abiama or whatever you chant in worship and it's evident in the way you regard his words. No matter how dumb, stupid or false they're, they have more value to you than the Bible. He's your God-king

I agree he's 'erudite'. After all, to most of you his followers, he's in constant touch with Trump and Putin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 16, 2018
RockHard:

Ok. No Yoruba person voted for Goodluck Jonathan in the SW, not in 2011, not in 2015. Now buzz off you my mention.

Gej know his story best and can relate it anytime...
It is not lost on jonathan that he never won any sw states but was able to gather votess coz of SE/SS residing there......

What would have wondered why wike was so angry so that he was bent on not seeing a yoruba been pdp chairman...and has more links to them...

Yorubas should amend their ways...
Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Shukuakukobambi: 8:09am On Aug 16, 2018
Juliusmalema:
maestroferddi u really did a good job on educating them on final points of democracy, been independent, and the issue of igbo traditional society of igbo enwe eze......

God save u.

Continue to deceive yasef cheesy

The albino hunchback killed your pretenses concerning the bold...he was not only an eze, he was your chi-eze cheesy
Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 16, 2018

God save u.
Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 16, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

The albino hunchback killed your pretenses concerning the bold...he was not only an eze, he was your chi-eze cheesy

Ok....have a nice day.
Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 16, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

He's bigger to you than whatever God you worship my dear alobam. He's bigger than okike abiama or whatever you chant in worship and it's evident in the way you regard his words. No matter how dumb, stupid not false they're, they have more value to you than the Bible. He's your God-king

I agree he's 'erudite'. After all, to most of you his followers, he's in constant touch with Trump and Putin cheesy
Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by Shukuakukobambi: 8:13am On Aug 16, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Gej know his story best and can relate it anytime...
It is not lost on jonathan that he never won any sw states but was able to gather votess coz of SE/SS residing there......

What would have wondered why wike was so angry so that he was bent on not seeing a yoruba been pdp chairman...and has more links to them...

Yorubas should amend their ways...

So no Yoruba voted for Jonathan in 2011? cheesy

What of the SNG whose campaign forced the doctrine of necessity on NASS to make him acting president? How many ijaw or igbo spoke up aside Dora? What of OBJ his main backer and godfather? You lack honor cheesy
Re: Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East by maestroferddi: 8:14am On Aug 16, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

Why are you guys fixated on the Igbos?

Not that we don't comprehend : The leaf bearer will naturally attract the followership of goats and other herbivores...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun Guber Results As Apc Leads With Wide Margin / Osinbajo; Religious leaders call when I want to sack Corrupt people / New Year: Be Your Brother’s Keeper-gov Obiano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.