Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,921 members, 7,835,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria (2557 Views)

PDP Lost Because Jonathan Flouted Zoning Arrangement – Party Chief / Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu / Njemanze Harps On The Need To Sustain Imo Zoning Arrangement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by Justcash(m): 7:42am On Jun 24, 2010
Nigerians like deceiving themselves

What is the point "Zoning" political posts in Nigeria when we are supposed to be Nigerians (Not Igbos, hausas, yorubas, Urhobos etc)

That we are Nigerians means that we are all united and equal Citizens of Nigeria before the law. It means that Every Nigerian has the right to contest and win elections, without any Socio- ethnic or religious considerations.

My point is, why can't Nigerians let the best and most productive (Not even qualified) people bring about change in Nigeria? Even if  it happens that a particular state/region keeps producing people that brings positive changes, we should not care, because they are Nigerians and they are getting the job done!

If We (Nigerians) Cannot conduct and vote in an election that is completely free and fair to every Nigerian that is qualified to contest, Without any Socio-ethnic and political considerations,  then Why are we Nigerians?

If It is compulsory that leaders must be selected based on a rotational regional basis, without any consideration of the best and most productive candidates in the country, it means that we are not united/"One" in Nigeria.  We can as well break the country up, so that every zone or entity can have their own leaders and vote in a united way.  Since Nigerians are passionate about  their regions, why dont we break up to have political peace and tranquility? After all, there is no limit to the number of countries that should exist in a continent.

We must all know that there can be no progress in Nigeria without political stability. If a Yoruba man/Woman becomes the president and carries out changes, a Hausa man/Woman will get elected next and cancel the changes to make his own changes. An Igbo man/Woman will do same and We will keep dancing around a circle without progress.

Tinubu (despite how currupt he was) Laid some foundations, and ensured that a right man (Fashola) was installed to  develop the foundations and lay his own foundations. This is because of their passion for their state and ethnic group. And even in the face of political tumoil, the people's voice prevail because they have a different loyalty for their people than Nigerians as a whole.

This zoning idea has eaten deep into the political life of Nigeria. We need to really be clear about what we want in Nigeria. 

If we must Keep zoning political positions, we must also divide Nigeria in order to have political peace, tranquility and Continuity of progress.

As things stand now, I can't even point out a Northerner that is politically productive (Positively) to be in that position and give us progress, except a few (Who are politically alienated)

1 Like

Re: If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by jamace(m): 11:04am On Jun 24, 2010
We can as well break the country up, so that every zone or entity can have their own leaders and vote in a united way.

Seconded.
Re: If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 1:54pm On Jun 24, 2010
Why in the world do we enjoy DELUDING ourselves? I am certain when you start to understand tthat PDP Zoning is NOT Nigerian constitution ZONING government. then you will realize the irrelevance of most of what you argue there and how dividing makes no sense in this. jeeeezzzz

EDUCATIION IS KEY !!
Re: If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by Justcash(m): 5:26pm On Jun 24, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Why in the world do we enjoy DELUDING ourselves? I am certain when you start to understand tthat PDP Zoning is NOT Nigerian constitution ZONING government. then you will realize the irrelevance of most of what you argue there and how dividing makes no sense in this. jeeeezzzz

EDUCATIION IS KEY !!

[b]
In a country like Nigeria that claims to be united, the calls for zoning by political leaders of a region in the country, in a meeting (Which you may be too blind not to have read about) is worrisome, and a sign of division!
At Nigeria's political party level, P.D.P is the ruling party and have been producing Nigeria's leaders since the inception of democracy in Nigeria. The fact that such an argument is going on in that political party is enough to raise the concern of those that wants the best for Nigeria. Was it not in your eyes that Obasanjo rigged and handed over to Yar'adua, just to respect the so called "Gentleman" agreement. How forward have we progressed since then?

About your last statement in bold, it a perfect advise for you. This is because You have failed to notice the bold handwriting on the wall, even when all the Northern leaders (Irrespective of party) Converged to discuss how the North can "CAPTURE" Power. Is that a Sign of a united country? Soon Igbos and Yorubas will follow, and you will see no reason to ask the question that I raised.

FYI: I asked a Simple question. Why Must we be pretending to be united in a country where Sectionalism is the order of the day?

Kobojunkie! Stop pretending like all is well with the unity of Nigeria! Are you deaf and blind? Or just Ignorant?  WTH!!!! [/b] undecided undecided undecided
Re: If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 5:33pm On Jun 24, 2010
Justcash:

[b]
In a country like Nigeria that claims to be united, the calls for zoning by political leaders of a region in the country, in a meeting (Which you may be too blind not to have read about) is worrisome, and a sign of division!
At Nigeria's political party level, P.D.P is the ruling party and have been producing Nigeria's leaders since the inception of democracy in Nigeria. The fact that such an argument is going on in that political party is enough to raise the concern of those that wants the best for Nigeria.
About your last statement in bold, it best fits you, cos you have failed to notice the bold handwriting on the wall, even when all the Northern leaders (Irrespective of party) Converged to discuss how the North can "CAPTURE" Power. Is that a Sign of a united country? Soon Igbos and Yorubas will follow, and you will see no reason to ask the question that I raised.
FYI: I asked a Simple question. Why Must we be pretending to be united in a country where Sectionalism is the order of the day?
Kobojunkie! Stop pretending like all is well with the unity of Nigeria! Are you deaf and blind? Or just Ignorant? WTH!!!! [/b] undecided undecided undecided

Again, ignorance is not bliss!!! [size=14pt]PDP PARTY is NOT Nigeria[/size]. Until you and everyone else start recognizing that line and get that into your thick skulls, you will, rather than going around fear mongering, start making YOUR OWN PLANS and CONVERGING to discuss how the SOUTH, or any other group you are with there can CAPTURE power in the same capacity.

All that is happening here is this PDP Northern group seem more united in their cause than the PDP South or any other group out there. They have a mission and are willing to do all within their rules to get it. Why are you not out doing the same thing? Why are those in the South or east not out there doing the same thing?
Instead, what we read of is how, rather than stand and fight, people like you want to CUT AND RUN, calling for secession as the cowards way out. Enough already!!!

Spear us all the fear mongering. Either you stand up, unite and fight your own side of the battle, or shut up already!

Read Wole Soyinka's latest input. the man is SICK AND TIRED OF fighting your wars for you while you sit not doing anything at all, only telling us how the LEGAL actions of the other side is ALWAYS against you. sheesh!
Re: If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 5:43pm On Jun 24, 2010
@Justcash

Good luck pulling out a logical argument from Kobojunkie. I have never seen a character like that anywhere before. Save your breath. cool cool
Re: If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by seanet02: 5:46pm On Jun 24, 2010
@kobojunkie, my guy it is better you forgot that useless idea called zoning, its meant for the dummies. if you want to enforce it then forget nigeria. chikena
Re: If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by Justcash(m): 5:51pm On Jun 24, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Again, ignorance is not bliss!!! PDP PARTY is NOT Nigeria. Until you and everyone else start recognizing that line, you will, rather than going around fear mongering, start making YOUR OWN PLANS and CONVERGING to discuss how the SOUTH or any other group you are with there can CAPTURE power in the same capacity.

All that is happening here is this PDP Northern group seem more united in their cause than the PDP South [/b]or any other group out there. They have a mission and are willing to do all within their rules to get it. Why are you not out doing the same thing? [b]Why are those in the South or east not out there doing the same thing?
Instead, what we read of is how, rather than stand and fight, people like you want to CUT AND RUN, calling for secession as the cowards way out. Enough already!!!

Spear us all the fear mongering. Either you stand up, unite and fight your own side of the battle, [/b]or shut up already!

[b]Read Wole Soyinka's latest input. the man is SICK AND TIRED OF fighting your wars for you while you sit not doing anything at all, only telling us how the LEGAL actions of the other side is ALWAYS against you. sheesh!

You are a pure illiterate!
What does the sentences in bold tell you? were you talking of different nations there, or one nation that claims to be united? Nothing in your statement shows you that Nigeria is a divided country? Even in PDP, politics is based on ethnic considerations! Dude! We are talking of a party that is supposed to be united to contest with other parties! Then imagine how widespread and intense ethnic division is in the national political scene?
Na wa for you o! Did you read my post atall, or you just saw division and urinated on yourself?
Why must we be playing politics on an ethnic level and still claim to be one country?
You just know how to say "One Nigeria!", Yet cannot defend it in reality! Which other ethnic group is truly one with your ethnic group?

You confirmed how dumb and brainless you are with your last statement. If he was fighting for me, why was Fashola the only governor there? Do you know what Soyinka said? He said that NIGERIA IS ON THE VERGE OF COLLAPSE! He is foresighted. With people like you around, the break up will come sooner than later. We all know the people that fear breakup most!
Re: If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 5:54pm On Jun 24, 2010
Justcash:

You are a pure illiterate!
What does the sentences in bold tell you? were you talking of different nations there, or one nation that claims to be united? Nothing in your statement shows you that Nigeria is a divided country? Even in PDP, politics is based on ethnic considerations! Dude! We are talking of a party that is supposed to be united to contest with other parties! Then imagine how widespread and intense ethnic division is in the national political scene?
Na wa for you o! Did you read my post atall, or you just saw division and urinated on yourself?
Why must we be playing politics on an ethnic level and still claim to be one country?
You just know how to say "One Nigeria!", Yet cannot defend it in reality! Which other ethnic group is truly one with your ethnic group?

You confirmed how dumb and brainless you are with your last statement. If he was fighting for me, why was Fashola the only governor there? Do ypu know what he said? He said that NIGERIA IS ON THE VERGE OF COLLAPSE! He is foresighted. With people like you around, the break up will come sooner than later. We all know the people that fear breakup most!

Stop Rambling . . . get this in your head first [size=13pt]PDP IS NOT NIGERIA [/size] . . . so what applies within the PDP DOES NOT apply to all of Nigeria. When you discover that first, then you will see how dramatically your arguments will change.
Re: If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by Justcash(m): 6:02pm On Jun 24, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Stop Rambling . . . get this in your head first [size=13pt]PDP IS NOT NIGERIA [/size] . . . so what applies within the PDP DOES NOT apply to all of Nigeria. When you discover that first, then you will see how dramatically your arguments will change.

Is PDP German or Austrian? Empty brain! Your level of lack of information is terrifying!
Is Buhari in PDP? What was he doing in the last Northern meeting to discuss "How the North can "CAPTURE" Power?
undecided undecided undecided
Re: If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 6:08pm On Jun 24, 2010
Justcash:

Is PDP German or Austrian? Empty brain! Your level of lack of information is terrifying!
Is Buhari in PDP? What was he doing in the last Northern meeting to discuss "How the North can "CAPTURE" Power?
undecided undecided undecided

Enough of the ramblings already. We are no longer under millitary rule; we now have a democracy where the playing ground has been leveled so people like you can quit whinning that the cards are stacked up against you.

Buhari is Nothern and has a right to plan to CAPTURE Power since he is a citizen of the same country and qualifies to run for presidency. If you have a problem with his constitutional right, take it up with the constitution.

PDP is not NIGERIA, and so it is foolish to apply an agreement which only applies to PDP members to the Nation as a whole. If you have a problem with a particular segment of the party, plotting to gain power in the next election, ask yourself what the other segments are doing or not doing if you are so concerned. Demonizing a group for doing what is within the law and the agreement they have within their party only paints you a sort of coward by the way.

The problem in Nigeria is not necessarily the PDP but that the majority of the people are willing to throw stones at the few only for them to FOLD THEIR HANDS AND DO NOTHING when called to stand.
Re: If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by Justcash(m): 6:17pm On Jun 24, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Enough of the ramblings already. We are no longer under millitary rule; we now have a democracy where the playing ground has been leveled so people like you can quit whinning that the cards are stacked up against you.

Buhari is Nothern and has a right to plan to CAPTURE Power since he is a citizen of the same country and qualifies to run for presidency. If you have a problem with his constitutional right, take it up with the constitution.

PDP is not NIGERIA, and so it is foolish to apply an agreement which only applies to PDP members to the Nation as a whole. If you have a problem with a particular segment of the party, plotting to gain power in the next election, ask yourself what the other segments are doing or not doing if you are so concerned. Demonizing a group for doing what is within the law and the agreement they have within their party only paints you a sort of coward by the way.

The problem in Nigeria is not necessarily the PDP but that the majority of the people are willing to throw stones at the few only for them to FOLD THEIR HANDS AND DO NOTHING when called to stand.

You are a waste of energy. Completely ignorant! Just like a real " 1 Kobo-Junkie".
Why then are you against Massob? or Niger-delta militants? Why do you get scared when a section of Nigeria signals their intention to secede? Why do you rejoice at people that have fought for freedom to be united among themselves and lost?
Stop saying that I am jittery, cos everyone can see that you are the one shitting in your pants! Your statement below is an evidence.

Kobojunkie:

Why in the world do we enjoy DELUDING ourselves? I am certain when you start to understand tthat PDP Zoning is NOT Nigerian constitution ZONING government. then you will realize the irrelevance of most of what you argue there and[b] how dividing [/b]makes no sense in this. jeeeezzzz

EDUCATIION IS KEY !!
Looks like Someone is scared of division, even in the face of realities. Coward!
Re: If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 6:22pm On Jun 24, 2010
Justcash:

Looks like Someone is scared of division, even in the face of realities. Coward!

What reason do I have to be afraid of division? Seriously, provide me an answer here! How much stake do I have in Nigeria that I should be afraid of division as you claim? THINK THINK THINK!!!! This ought not to be about winning upper hand in a discussion at all. If you really cared much for anyone else other than your ego, you will think deep about this.

YOUR YOUR BRAIN MORE rather than continue to let your emotions and your bias get the best of you each time.

Division is nothing but the cowards way out of this situation. The south are barely doing ANYTHING. These PDP North leaders continue to do and do and do. But not a single call from southern leaders on how to position themselves for the next election. The many other parties out there seem to have died . . . they don't seem to care. Then the PDP North decides to take the bull by the horn and do something to get power their way at least and you are here fuming in the mouth for what?

Get a grip already and see what is really eating you  . . . [size=13pt]PDP/PDP North is NOT Nigeria.[/size]
Re: If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by Justcash(m): 6:24pm On Jun 24, 2010
Onlytruth:

@Justcash

Good luck pulling out a logical argument from Kobojunkie. I have never seen a character like that anywhere before. Save your breath. cool cool

Oh! I saw this late. Dint know that Kobojunkie was already famous for arguing in a brainless manner! Sigh, I should have known.
Re: If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by Justcash(m): 6:37pm On Jun 24, 2010
If we must be one Nigeria, then we need to forgo sectionalism and pick people on merit devoid of ethno religious considerations to lead us to the level of development we want.

If we must Continue the North/South dichotomy, Zoning arrangement, "Federal character" Considerations, then we are not one in Nigeria. So I say it is better to divide than to keep depriving people of good leaders in the name of "Political Zoning" of leaders based on ethnicity/religion in a single entity called Nigeria.

This division is a big impediment to pro-developmental leaders like Donald Duke, Tunde Fashola, Sullyvan Chime, Amaechi etc

Nigerians must be clear about their existence as one! Are we really one? What can we do to really remain as one? If we can't be one what is the solution?
Re: If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 7:17pm On Jun 24, 2010
Oh as usual, common sense is ignored so the ramblings can continue and no change is realized in the end! If after so many years of defering blame does not work, it is probably time to get a clue and figure it is likely your are part of the problem.
Re: If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by seanet02: 8:53pm On Jun 24, 2010
@justcash seems you dont know the man called kobojunkie, he is so short sighted that sometimes i wonder how he got to know that there is a world called internet not to talk of even knowing sacred places like nairaland. Can you believe this man is also supporting yerima for marrying 13 year old. He has never been upright. He sometimes talk like a slowpoke and argues like a deaf, dumb and blind person. Better get a better discussion than discussing with the crook called kobojunkid.
Re: If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by Kaestro(m): 10:02pm On Jun 24, 2010
@ poster. Are you suggesting the only option to resolving the zoning agreement is to divide the country? I hope not because it will only set us back. What will become of the regions dependent on the collective output of the nation ? You do have a valid argument though however division is not an option unfortunately, the beginning of restructuring the political arrangement in Nigeria starts with EDUCATION. With that comes the ability to make unbiased and realistic judgments, respect for the rule of law, civility, the mental capacity to give the best as opposed to what we have now. Without a microscopic view it's obvious majority of our leaders are stark illiterates, illiteracy is what causes a group of people to connive to take control of the country for no absolute developmental reason. The same reason why there are so many looters and cantankerous elements. We have so many illiterates against a few credible ones. Of course the former will over-power the latter.
Unless we start educating the kids in kindergarten now, they cannot continue from where the qualified and respectable few left off.

My brother lets not expect Nigeria to turn around just like that, it deserves a system overhauling which has to begin at some point.
Re: If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by Dede1(m): 11:02pm On Jun 24, 2010
Justcash:

Nigerians like deceiving themselves

What is the point "Zoning" political posts in Nigeria when we are supposed to be Nigerians (Not Igbos, hausas, yorubas, Urhobos etc)

That we are Nigerians means that we are all united and equal Citizens of Nigeria before the law. It means that Every Nigerian has the right to contest and win elections, without any Socio- ethnic or religious considerations.

My point is, why can't Nigerians let the best and most productive (Not even qualified) people bring about change in Nigeria? Even if it happens that a particular state/region keeps producing people that brings positive changes, we should not care, because they are Nigerians and they are getting the job done!

If We (Nigerians) Cannot conduct and vote in an election that is completely free and fair to every Nigerian that is qualified to contest, Without any Socio-ethnic and political considerations, then Why are we Nigerians?

If It is compulsory that leaders must be selected based on a rotational regional basis, without any consideration of the best and most productive candidates in the country, it means that we are not united/"One" in Nigeria. We can as well break the country up, so that every zone or entity can have their own leaders and vote in a united way. Since Nigerians are passionate about their regions, why dont we break up to have political peace and tranquility? After all, there is no limit to the number of countries that should exist in a continent.

We must all know that there can be no progress in Nigeria without political stability. If a Yoruba man/Woman becomes the president and carries out changes, a Hausa man/Woman will get elected next and cancel the changes to make his own changes. An Igbo man/Woman will do same and We will keep dancing around a circle without progress.

Tinubu (despite how currupt he was) Laid some foundations, and ensured that a right man (Fashola) was installed to develop the foundations and lay his own foundations. This is because of their passion for their state and ethnic group. And even in the face of political tumoil, the people's voice prevail because they have a different loyalty for their people than Nigerians as a whole.

This zoning idea has eaten deep into the political life of Nigeria. We need to really be clear about what we want in Nigeria.

If we must Keep zoning political positions, we must also divide Nigeria in order to have political peace, tranquility and Continuity of progress.

As things stand now, I can't even point out a Northerner that is politically productive (Positively) to be in that position and give us progress, except a few (Who are politically alienated)

What an errant nonsense. It is very mind burgling to recently read about peoples’ realization of illusionary One-Nigeria is after all not one. I give thanks to the so-called PDP’s rotational presidency to this latest education. I wonder if most of these people were just waking up from their political slumber. Nigerians are very funny indeed. Probably the quota system and the so-called federal character did not adversely affect these latecomers in any shape or form.

I can not believe my ears that disintegration of the cesspit called Nigeria, the pride of their forbearers, is now an attainable option. PDP is not the only political party in Nigeria and any empty-headed punk who does not appreciate the manifesto of the party, especially the rotational presidency, should either seek membership to another party or vote PDP out of power.
Re: If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 11:04pm On Jun 24, 2010
Dede1:

I can not believe my ears that disintegration of the cesspit called Nigeria, the pride of their forbearers, is now an attainable option. [size=13pt]PDP is not the only political party in Nigeria and any empty-headed punk who does not appreciate the manifesto of the party, especially the rotational presidency, should either seek membership to another party or vote PDP out of power.[/size]

OMGosh!!! I cannot believe this. For once I agree with this dude!!!  shocked shocked shocked

Somebody pinch me. . .  I definitely am having a nightmare!!! ROFLMAO!!
Re: If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 11:37pm On Jun 24, 2010
Kobojunkie:

OMGosh!!! I cannot believe this. For once I agree with this dude!!!  shocked shocked shocked

Somebody pinch me. . .  I definitely am having a nightmare!!! ROFLMAO!!

Of course, like a mad man, you occasionally mutter some sensible words. Doesn't prove you are sane though. undecided
Re: If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 11:42pm On Jun 24, 2010
Onlytruth:

Of course, like a mad man, you occasionally mutter some sensible words. Doesn't prove you are sane though. undecided

Grow a brain please. If you will not read what I have posted so far, which happens to be what @Dede repeated in short there, at least READ WHAT @Dede and EDUCATE yourself.
Re: If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 11:52pm On Jun 24, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Grow a brain please. If you will not read what I have posted so far, which happens to be what @Dede repeated in short there, at least READ WHAT @Dede and EDUCATE yourself.

Ok, really here is what I think about this zoning thing: It is an agreement, and normally agreements are meant to be kept. However, Nigeria lost the privilege of enjoying the benefits of agreements after breaching the Aburi Accord of 1966.

I won't even go as far as Justcash's point, which is that zoning creates a feeling that Nigeria is not one. Well, Nigeria is not one, at least not yet! undecided

The chance to consolidate a united nation was squandered after Aburi breach. If I were in Jonathan's shoes, I would do one of two things:

1) Rule Nigeria for ever if I'm interested. Believe me nothing will happen. cool cool

2) Partition Nigeria into manageable regions, each with its own constitution, after which the regions would come together to create a federal constitution.

I suspect he would do neither.
Re: If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 11:59pm On Jun 24, 2010
Onlytruth:

Ok, really here is what I think about this zoning thing: It is an agreement, and normally agreements are meant to be kept. However, Nigeria lost the privilege of enjoying the benefits of agreements after breaching the Aburi Accord of 1966.

And here again you make the very same mistake @Justcash made from the beginning. The "Agreement" DOES NOT, I repeat DOES NOT apply to you if you are not a member of PDP. That is it. The agreement only apply to folks who belong to the PDP fraternity. Comparing it to the Aburi accord SMASHES to pieces whatever else you have to say from this point on, on this.

If you and I were PDP members, then talking of this agreement would matter. But since I am not, and I am guessing you are not, then it should not even BOTHER us, why?  Because the agreement is only matters within PDP Scope.

Onlytruth:

I won't even go as far as Justcash's point, which is that zoning creates a feeling that Nigeria is not one. Well, Nigeria is not one, at least not yet! undecided
The chance to consolidate a united nation was squandered after Aburi breach. If I were in Jonathan's shoes, I would do one of two things:
1) Rule Nigeria for ever if I'm interested. Believe me nothing will happen. cool cool
2) Partition Nigeria into manageable regions, each with its own constitution, after which the regions would come together to create a federal constitution.
I suspect he would do neither.
He, Jonathan, knew of the agreement and AGREED to it. So all you have above does not really matter much. In fact, you ought not to be concerned about him because he already made his decisions when he signed us as a PDP member even with that agreement and started enjoying the benefits of it.
Rather than focusing on calling on other  parties to wake up or forming parties to compete with PDP, we are once again making gods out of these people and then we pretend we don't know why they continue to hold power.
Re: If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by excanny: 12:14am On Jun 25, 2010
It really amazes me how we cope in this jungle called Nigeria. And some fools are busy deceiving themselves that we are united. Except we confederate with a weak central government where people will go back to their states/regions or whatever we chose to call it, we will continue to complaint. Mind you, never expect a fair president, even GEJ has started showing where heart lies-ND!
Re: If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 12:22am On Jun 25, 2010
excanny:

It really amazes me how we cope in this jungle called Nigeria. And some fools are busy deceiving themselves that we are united. Except we confederate with a weak central government where people will go back to their states/regions or whatever we chose to call it, we will continue to complaint. Mind you, never expect a fair president, even GEJ has started showing where heart lies-ND!

Smart boy!

I support GJ because at least Igboland is part of ND grin 
Again there is no way ND develops without Igbos enjoying the benefits.
That is why I would keep supporting him until Nigeria either restructures or divides into "I- don't -care -how- many- pieces -provided -they- are -not- incongruous- pieces" cool cool cool
Re: If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by excanny: 1:14am On Jun 25, 2010
I also thank God for using GJ to break the yourba/gambari oligarchy. At least there's some light at the tunnel now. These power-drunk duo have held this country to its kneels for close to half a century, with nothing to show for it.
Re: If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by mensdept: 1:49am On Jun 25, 2010
For some of you guys that just speak without thinking, you will find that sentiment can be a dangerous thing

The zoning arrangement was in fact a popular tool used by leaders that be to rule Nigeria without rocking the boat. OBJ used it in the 70's to double promote YarAdua to have a "Muslim" deputy. IBB the same with Ukiwe, Abacha as well, till the present date.

Of course it is not in the constitution proper, but obviously part of Naija's history. What is also part of our history is that all the states that some of us are bragging about are creations of MILITARY DICTATORSHIP (except for the former MIDWEST REGION made in a "democracy"). Now with all the mess, we have managed to sustain all of that with 6 zones, in which the major parties have agreed that positions should be rotated, even at the state level where in IMO STATE, ORLU zone is fighting OWERE and OKIGWE zones for who should be governor lol.

So breaking up the country because we have six zones doesnt erase our problems. We need good leadership and courageous men and women.
Re: If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 1:58am On Jun 25, 2010
mens dept:

For some of you guys that just speak without thinking, you will find that sentiment can be a dangerous thing

The zoning arrangement was in fact a popular tool used by leaders that be to rule Nigeria without rocking the boat. OBJ used it in the 70's to double promote YarAdua to have a "Muslim" deputy. IBB the same with Ukiwe, Abacha as well, till the present date.

Of course it is not in the constitution proper, but obviously part of Naija's history. What is also part of our history is that all the states that some of us are bragging about are creations of MILITARY DICTATORSHIP (except for the former MIDWEST REGION made in a "democracy"wink. Now with all the mess, we have managed to sustain all of that with 6 zones, in which the major parties have agreed that positions should be rotated, even at the state level where in IMO STATE, ORLU zone is fighting OWERE and OKIGWE zones for who should be governor lol.

So breaking up the country because we have six zones doesnt erase our problems. We need good leadership and courageous men and women.

So we should stick to zoning and continue infinitesimally? Abi

Why not zone your family and do rotational head of household too?
Re: If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by mensdept: 2:10am On Jun 25, 2010
@OnlyTruth

and what is your "solution" on this thread  grin

The thread statement was " If we must respect the zoning arrangement, then we can as well divide Nigeria"

If we must respect the zoning arrangement, why cant we ensure that leaders are held accountable. If we divide Naija why cant we ensure leaders of those "countries" are held accountable.

You divorce one girl because she spent so much of your money, only to be single and spend more than you can afford to, dosent make sense.

Imagine a useless Orji Kalu ruling in the new Biafra, only for Anambara folks to start mess, or Rivers people fighting and all, because we separated from Naija without fundamentally changing our mentality first.
Re: If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 2:27am On Jun 25, 2010
mens dept:

@OnlyTruth

and what is your "solution" on this thread  grin

The thread statement was " If we must respect the zoning arrangement, then we can as well divide Nigeria"

If we must respect the zoning arrangement, why cant we ensure that leaders are held accountable. If we divide Naija why cant we ensure leaders of those "countries" are held accountable.

You divorce one girl because she spent so much of your money, only to be single and spend more than you can afford to, dosent make sense.

Imagine a useless Orji Kalu ruling in the new Biafra, only for Anambara folks to start mess, or Rivers people fighting and all, because we separated from Naija without fundamentally changing our mentality first.

So how would an Orji Kalu find his way to Biafran leadership? How would he even win a local government election in Biafra when the system would not be designed by his Hausa/Fulani allies?
Mind you that a Professor in the caliber of Charles Soludo lost the gubernatorial election in Anambra state.
You seem not to recall how we chose our leaders in the past. My people say that "it is only a foreigner that does not know the man with scrotal elephantiasis. All locals and kindred know!"
Re: If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria by Dede1(m): 2:43am On Jun 25, 2010
It is unbelievable show of political naiveté and inherent stupidity for some Nigerians to appear twisted out of human form because of certain arrangements of a political party while leaving comfortable with ill-intended quota system, divisive policy of abandon property, draconian boundary adjustment and economic strangulation of certain section of the jungle called Nigeria.

All these silly and worthless sermons about the PDP rotational presidency that suddenly found their way into the mouths of few disgruntled southern Nigerians would have been a war sung if Yar adua had selected northeastern fellow as Vice President instead of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.

Some Nigerians should be mindful of the fact that democracy tends to follow the sum of numbers and human dynamism. The last time I checked though, northern region of Nigeria is the home of the aforementioned political nuances. Do not be fooled by the newly found ranting that north is not politically monolithic.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ibrahim Babangida Marks Low Key Birthday With Family, Associates / Keyamo Accuses Delta APC Of Fraud, Pulls Out Of Senatorial Primary Election / Vote For The Maddest Monikers On Political Section.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.