Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,678 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Fashola Should Stop Lying Against Jonathan & Give Nigerians Power - Reno Omokri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Should Stop Lying Against Jonathan & Give Nigerians Power - Reno Omokri (10005 Views)

2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan / Osinbajo Must Defend Allegations Against Jonathan, Saraki - Timi Frank / Kwankwaso: I Regret Supporting Buhari Against Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Should Stop Lying Against Jonathan & Give Nigerians Power - Reno Omokri by damiloladuke: 11:18am On Aug 20, 2018
Popular critic, Reno Omokri has advised The Minister of Power, Babatunde Raji Fashola, to stop lying against Jonathan and instead give Nigerians power supply in adequate form.

He made the statement while reacting to a comment by Fashola where he said former President Goodluck Jonathan did not challenge the result of the 2015 elections because he had wrecked the economy and mismanaged the nation and was glad to go.

Fashola’s exact words were as follows:

“Many didn’t know what happened in detail. One of the reasons, it seems, that they did not contest the outcome of the election was perhaps because the economy was already paused. It does not matter whichever government that took over, they knew everything was down.

The foreign earning from crude oil at the international market was falling at an alarming rate. So, when the cash was no longer coming in, they felt like, ‘let them come and take it over.”

According to Reno,

'these remarks are false and only show the extent to which Fashola has fallen For the avoidance of doubt, let me factually state that Nigeria was performing better in every sphere of government on May 29, 2015, than it is doing now.

He went on to say,:

"For example, on that date, Nigeria was the number one destination for foreign direct investment in Africa as rated by the Geneva-based United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (Unctad). Today, we have deteriorated to being ranked as the 19th most attractive investment destination in Africa. Do not take my word for it. Please do Google it.

Going further, Nigeria was acclaimed by the world’s preeminent anti-corruption monitor, Transparency International, for her successes, under President Jonathan, of using technology to fight corruption, such that Nigeria made her best improvements on TI’s Corruption Perception Index moving 8 steps forward from 144 to 136.

Whereas today, under Mr Fashola’s so-called anti-corruption government, Nigeria has made her worst ever deterioration in Transparency International’s Corruption Perception Index, moving backwards by 12 points from 136 to 148. Former President Jonathan probed the NNPC when allegations of corruption were levelled against that organisation. Today we read from a supervising minister that $25 billion worth of contract

https://lailasnews.com/fashola-should-stop-lying-against-jonathan-give-nigerians-power-omokri/

19 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Stop Lying Against Jonathan & Give Nigerians Power - Reno Omokri by eezeribe(m): 11:19am On Aug 20, 2018
What is the hallmark of Buhari's APC government... is it not blaming Goodluck Jonathan?
Now they have shifted the blame game to Bukola Saraki

111 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola Should Stop Lying Against Jonathan & Give Nigerians Power - Reno Omokri by dukie25: 11:24am On Aug 20, 2018
Abi o
Haba! providing electricity is not rocket science na.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Should Stop Lying Against Jonathan & Give Nigerians Power - Reno Omokri by Baawaa(m): 11:24am On Aug 20, 2018
Reno Omokri,you will soon keep shut forever grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Should Stop Lying Against Jonathan & Give Nigerians Power - Reno Omokri by SolutionMee: 11:25am On Aug 20, 2018
Which power

As if Nigerians deserve it

How on earth will a country that has contributed nothing to scientific advancement and technological development be clamoring for stable power and electricity

If not for greedy American businessmen and engineers

The little power you have would only have existed on the written pages of Nigeria stories, literature journals and poetry works

Even darkness will no longer struggle to colonize you guys anymore not to talk of taking hold of your country and ancestry lands

Cuz an heartbreaking victory will be heard at last

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Should Stop Lying Against Jonathan & Give Nigerians Power - Reno Omokri by Ekez(m): 11:34am On Aug 20, 2018
I just tire !!!
Re: Fashola Should Stop Lying Against Jonathan & Give Nigerians Power - Reno Omokri by Metuh: 11:43am On Aug 20, 2018
APC were never prepared to rule Nigerians.Always blaming anybody and anything.

They started blaming GEJ till they got tired and started blaming Saraki. grin

Can Zombies give me answers to the following questions? :
....“When they continue to blame Saraki for their failure, was the man responsible for their failure to appoint ministers for the first five months of the administration when the economy was just straying without direction?

Is he responsible for the constant demarketing of the economy in international circles by the President of the country?

Is Saraki responsible for the refusal of the government to prosecute its members indicted of corrupt practices, thereby destroying its anti-corruption campaign?

“Is he responsible for the high level incompetence and lack of capacity which sign-post the activities of the government?

Is Saraki responsible for condoning the inability of the security agencies to appropriately respond to the security challenges which are now pervasive across the country?

Did Saraki set up the ‘government within government’ which has continued to ground the administration?

32 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Stop Lying Against Jonathan & Give Nigerians Power - Reno Omokri by buharitill2023: 11:44am On Aug 20, 2018
On the issue of TI index, Nigeria is in the right position, it was ineffectual buffoon that bribe TI to scored him high on corruption, which he himself was corrupt.

Now that this government have ceased property illegally acquired by official of the past government like pej,madueke and dansukigate.
The TI did not see all this corruption in the past.

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fashola Should Stop Lying Against Jonathan & Give Nigerians Power - Reno Omokri by Metuh: 11:44am On Aug 20, 2018
eezeribe:
What is the hallmark of Buhari's APC government... is it not blaming Goodluck Jonathan?
They will soon blame Nigerians for voting them in grin

APC must be sent packing next year, they are incompetent and useless too.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Should Stop Lying Against Jonathan & Give Nigerians Power - Reno Omokri by BIGDADDY000(m): 11:58am On Aug 20, 2018
POWER? i don't know why nigerian are expecting river in sahara desert
its not gonna happen, dis administration wouldn't give u anything
except disappointment. 2 least dats wat dey were good at.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Stop Lying Against Jonathan & Give Nigerians Power - Reno Omokri by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:58am On Aug 20, 2018
Fashola is a technocrat!

We would love him more if he does not dabble into dirty politics

One love!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Should Stop Lying Against Jonathan & Give Nigerians Power - Reno Omokri by flyca: 11:58am On Aug 20, 2018
Wait o....

So I heard that there was no federal delegation at the airport to welcome Anambra girls that are international Champs. But Yusuf Buhari came back from medical trip in Germany and the Minister of Health was at the Airport!

Aiint we shameless in this country?!

Unemployed Yusuf crashed a mutlimillion naira bike. No questions.
He was flown abroad for treatment. (Nigerian hospitals aint good enough for him).
The minister of health, who is not ashmed of the fact that Yusuf was sent abroad because of the cotamose of our health system, went to the airport that night, to say hello to him!
And took pictures there, smiling sheepishly!

What exactly has APC done right in these three and half years in power?! Old theives recycling themselves at the detriment of the masses. Shame on any Nigerian taking money from them to spill rubbish praise on the internet.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Should Stop Lying Against Jonathan & Give Nigerians Power - Reno Omokri by strangest(m): 11:59am On Aug 20, 2018
hahaha... the blame game continue

Fashola is a disaster..

Website thief

10 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Stop Lying Against Jonathan & Give Nigerians Power - Reno Omokri by Nawteemaxie(m): 11:59am On Aug 20, 2018
D
Re: Fashola Should Stop Lying Against Jonathan & Give Nigerians Power - Reno Omokri by Joemetry(m): 12:00pm On Aug 20, 2018
SHITHOLE...

HELL BOUND LEADERS...

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Stop Lying Against Jonathan & Give Nigerians Power - Reno Omokri by Ikpewe: 12:00pm On Aug 20, 2018
TOOTHLESS DOG
Re: Fashola Should Stop Lying Against Jonathan & Give Nigerians Power - Reno Omokri by LesbianBoy(m): 12:01pm On Aug 20, 2018
Nigeria would never be great

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Should Stop Lying Against Jonathan & Give Nigerians Power - Reno Omokri by pol23: 12:02pm On Aug 20, 2018
GEJ is no longer the problem,
It's Saraki now.

9 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Stop Lying Against Jonathan & Give Nigerians Power - Reno Omokri by holuphisayor(m): 12:04pm On Aug 20, 2018
What power do you expect from a failed government.

Even PMB cannot provide a good healthcare center but would rather fly out for treatment.

10 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Stop Lying Against Jonathan & Give Nigerians Power - Reno Omokri by lilyheaven: 12:05pm On Aug 20, 2018
eezeribe:
APC= Government of blames

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Stop Lying Against Jonathan & Give Nigerians Power - Reno Omokri by gurunlocker: 12:05pm On Aug 20, 2018
A term is almost coming to an end and this useless government is still blaming last administration for their woes.

Does that means they are not prepared to govern and their sole aim is just to oust the last administration?

You will know a useless government when you see one, APC is an example.

10 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Stop Lying Against Jonathan & Give Nigerians Power - Reno Omokri by Yorubaskullmine: 12:07pm On Aug 20, 2018
[s]
Baawaa:
Reno Omokri,you will soon keep shut forever grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
[/s]
Time to start tracking you assassins down. Better pray you are not making use of your phone. This comment of yours could get you into serious trouble.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Stop Lying Against Jonathan & Give Nigerians Power - Reno Omokri by asawanathegreat(m): 12:07pm On Aug 20, 2018
Change the change now

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Stop Lying Against Jonathan & Give Nigerians Power - Reno Omokri by SocialJustice: 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2018
This government only came to blame everyone else. Fashola is such a disgrace, to think I was saw him as presidential material.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Stop Lying Against Jonathan & Give Nigerians Power - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2018
When I came back from outside 2years with the intention of not building house and hostels like others do, I decided to build a company generating electricity through solar and then distributing it starting with community...in the city people were complaining NO LIGHT.....HIGH BILLS

I GOT MY LICENSE FROM NERC (national electricity regulatory commission) AND THEY WERE HAPPY ABOUT MY INTENSION....FEW MONTHS LATER INSTALLATION.... WIRINGS....A MONTHS AFTER WE KICK STARTED WITH 18HRS ELECTRICITY DAILY WE STARTED WITH ONLY FIVE SHOPS CAUSE PEOOLE THOUGHT IS WAYO SINCE YOU DONT GET 18HRS ELECTRICITY EVERYDAY IN NIGERIA...IN TWO WEEKS TIME WE WERE GETTING ABOUT 200SUSCRIBERS then more and more

A DISTRIBUTION COMAPNY STARTED PANICKING THEY APPROACHED ME TO TRY AND FRUSTRATE THE BUSINESS BECAUSE ONE OF THEIR WORKER ALREADY TOLD ME THE OGAS AT THEIR OFFICE ARE DISCUSSING THIS MY NEW IDEA AND MIGHT SHUT ME DOWN....WHEN THEY APROACHED ME I SHOWED THEM THE DOCUMENTS I GOT FROM NERC(NATIONAL ELECTRICITY REGULARLY COMISSION) THEY WERE DISAPPOINTED

THE NEXT WEEK DEVELOPMENT UNION CAME AND TOLD ME THE PLACE I MADE INSTALLATIONS ARE NOT GOOD WHICH IS IN A PLOT OF LAND I RENTED AND MOUNTED THE SOLAR PANELS I SHOULD REMOVE IT BUT AT FIRST BEFORE IS STARTED THEY WHERE THE ONES THAT GAVE ME THE GO AHEAD....BUT I KNOW MONEY HAS EXCHANGE HANDS FROM DISTRIBUTION COMPANY

The next the distribution company came and told me I shouldn't use thei pole but my license clearly gave me access to use the government installed poles.... I said ok and mounted mounted my own wooden poles because am still running a test on the young business...

Next they said its not serving enough people that i have to close it down or I should request for a DISTRIBUTION CERTIFICATE FROM NERC that it cost around 20million naira

But the electricity am generating does not require THE CERTIFICATE

THEN TRUTY I GAVE UP ON NIGERIA GOVERNMENT

PEOPLE WERE HOPING NIGERIA WILL BE BETTER WHERE AS THEY DON'T KNOW ALOT OF PEOPLE HAVE TRIED STARTING TO BETTER IT IN A SMALL WAY BUT GOT SHUT DOWN....they want Nigeria to remain primitive so they can continue milking it.

#BIAFREXIT

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fashola Should Stop Lying Against Jonathan & Give Nigerians Power - Reno Omokri by Cholls(m): 12:26pm On Aug 20, 2018

Re: Fashola Should Stop Lying Against Jonathan & Give Nigerians Power - Reno Omokri by obailala(m): 12:27pm On Aug 20, 2018
Reno, hunger has turned him to attacker and defender in chief.
Re: Fashola Should Stop Lying Against Jonathan & Give Nigerians Power - Reno Omokri by opribo(m): 12:29pm On Aug 20, 2018
Talk is cheap. The same man who opened his mouth on television to say any serious governnent can fix power in six months.

Now do it, no way excuses everywhere and blame game. Men who lack honoir they talk without engaging their brains.i thought by now he would have done the magic.
The man was overrated in lagos because it was Jagaban all tge way behind him now on his own its all stories .

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Stop Lying Against Jonathan & Give Nigerians Power - Reno Omokri by Horlamidei(m): 12:31pm On Aug 20, 2018
That angel who sent me to this sh*hole country, God dey oh! Dieriz God oh!

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Parties Ask Court To Stop INEC From Issuing Okorocha Certificate Of Return / Gov. Ugwuanyi Commiserates With Pastor Adeboye Over Son's Death / Umahi Sacks Information Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.