Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

What Would You Say Is The Best Thing About Living In Nigeria - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Would You Say Is The Best Thing About Living In Nigeria (6470 Views)

The Best Thing About Nigeria Is... Nigerians Speak To BBC / Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. / How Do You Say 'I Love You' In Your Native Language? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Would You Say Is The Best Thing About Living In Nigeria by fesse(f): 10:03am On Jul 08, 2010
What a topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin

Well, i love my country NIGERIA sooooooo well. There are good and bad things in 9ja but the bad is too numerous to mention.

9ja is a place with raw talents
9ja is a place of a great freedom

9ja is also a place where the poor is being denied justice,education, health, shelter, food, etc
a place where a permanent sec. owes more than 50 houses in the FCT without been querried.
a place where its law-makers are the law breakers, even fighting before secondary school students
a place where the money looted are been shared equally with EFCC,ICPC
a place where a cattle rearer becomes a governor, LGA Chairman, Senator, House Member, Director, etc
a place where the most costly toilet is said to be built without proof
a place of surprises cry cry cry cry sad sad sad sad shocked shocked shocked shocked

lets believe and pray that 9ja will be good
Re: What Would You Say Is The Best Thing About Living In Nigeria by Ranoscky(m): 11:00am On Jul 08, 2010
A place where if u call police say armed robbers dey around, dem go tell say "u dey craze, na me go die 4 u?"

Naija 4 life!
Re: What Would You Say Is The Best Thing About Living In Nigeria by geemee(m): 11:26am On Jul 08, 2010
you can oppress & be oppressed
plenty pot-holes,
flooded roads,
policeman asking for fire extinguisher, lol
short cut like one-way driving (sharp-sharp)
lawless society
etc all in naija, too much
na levels o ,
Re: What Would You Say Is The Best Thing About Living In Nigeria by SmashingM(f): 11:50am On Jul 08, 2010
9ja - Good people, Great Nation
Re: What Would You Say Is The Best Thing About Living In Nigeria by eewule(m): 1:36pm On Jul 08, 2010
Nigeria is not good in the general public view - as in the standard of living of its people etc, but for the individual level, its a paradise.

For example if you are working abroad, you can build a house with £30,000 (max 2 years salary or less) pounds and without need for mortgage as in the western world. if you want to add to ya house you dont need any government permissions. if you have a shop anywhere on the street you can put a massive sign board outside or paste a poster anywhere to advertise your shop without worrying about council fines (of government)

in naija you dont have to pay TV licence - council tax - heating bill - tax disc - Mot (u can be responsible for your own car) - childrens school fees of £6000 per year, compulsory car insurance even if you only drive it ones a month.

In naija, if a thief attacks ya home you can deal with him properly (beating) without the thief sueing you to court (after entering ya house to steal) In naija if ya child mis-behaves in street you can discipline him there without him calling social service or strangers calling police for you, Finally in naija you know your neibhours and can talk to them if you have a problem and they come into your house to help you AS COMPARED TO LIFE IN THE UNITED KINGDOM
Re: What Would You Say Is The Best Thing About Living In Nigeria by albertxtin: 5:06pm On Jul 08, 2010
i don't think there is anything good/positive due to Nigeria being an under-developed country with their ministers fighting like toddlers in the parliament, live on TV for that matter.

The only good thing will be for criminals - i.e. they can loot, steal, maim, kill, torture, break human right-laws, with governments violating the peoples rights by demolishing houses, ousting monarchs, the list is endless,

another shame cry
Re: What Would You Say Is The Best Thing About Living In Nigeria by Omolulu(m): 5:08pm On Jul 08, 2010
the people, they re one of a kind
Re: What Would You Say Is The Best Thing About Living In Nigeria by oloksman1(m): 6:19pm On Jul 08, 2010
ahhhhhhhhh!
Naija 4 laif,
a country full of LAW such that some people can come and review drag , brag, fight and tear their clothes in the "house of LAW"(house of Rep)
"wii land!!!" where a governor that embezzled can can fill his resident in his Village with so-called repented Militant to protect his loot.
A country where an Ex Gov loots and he is being hailed and given back up for his wrongs,
the best breakers of LAW are the LAW ENFORCERS,
the best violators of traffic laws are LAW enforcers
Yahoo-Yahoo wizards are assumed to have a break-through
people can Use NEPA light for free, and beat-up NEPA officials for cutting off their power,
Money-KUDI _EGO -OWO is licence to anyfin, i mean any zin, any tin,
I dey gbadun Naija
Re: What Would You Say Is The Best Thing About Living In Nigeria by funmi2010: 7:13pm On Jul 08, 2010
The People are Optimistic and positive about the future of Nigeria
Re: What Would You Say Is The Best Thing About Living In Nigeria by knotty(m): 10:29pm On Jul 08, 2010
where else can a convict hold seminars in prison on morality other than Naija?

bode, are you there?
Re: What Would You Say Is The Best Thing About Living In Nigeria by 1forall: 12:26am On Jul 09, 2010
^^^
U dont say?
Re: What Would You Say Is The Best Thing About Living In Nigeria by chopmonee: 1:11am On Jul 09, 2010
God has blessed us with everything you can think of, the weather, raw materials but we can't manage thins properly, imagine the

the Chinese and others coming in to take our raw materials without paying tax to the federal government,

Only if we can sect our priority right, I foresee a great nation here. we will get there in Jesus name.
Re: What Would You Say Is The Best Thing About Living In Nigeria by MrAnus: 10:22am On Jul 09, 2010
arm robbers, nepa , area boys, ole, HELL NO!!!!

Am just fine here in New York!!
Re: What Would You Say Is The Best Thing About Living In Nigeria by gmailer2: 11:30am On Jul 09, 2010
lol ;d
Re: What Would You Say Is The Best Thing About Living In Nigeria by CGKing(m): 8:04pm On Jul 09, 2010
The govt nonsense wey dey happen everyday makes me so TIRED it helps me sleep at night.
Re: What Would You Say Is The Best Thing About Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 09, 2010
Re: What Would You Say Is The Best Thing About Living In Nigeria by Ranoscky(m): 8:26am On Jul 10, 2010
Arm robbers, no light, enough area boys, ole dey, HELL YES!!!

I'm stil fine here in Naija!!! Feels good to be a citizen of the GREEN pasport!!! Imma flygerian!
Re: What Would You Say Is The Best Thing About Living In Nigeria by mouthbook: 9:28pm On Jul 10, 2010
lmao at the comments above, very true but we should also think and talk abt the good part e.g weather!
it's summer and i'm boiling here, by december now i will be freezing.
9ja weather all the way jare!
Re: What Would You Say Is The Best Thing About Living In Nigeria by Ranoscky(m): 6:53am On Jul 11, 2010
^^^ Feel u brov, i know what u'r goin thru buh, i decide to make dat comment cos of what @mr Anus commented on his post. the only thing i agreed on his post was "nepa" but the other once na "iro." there's no country on this planet that u won't find armed robber's and area boys (touts). in conclusion, he then said he feels fine over there in new york, he's tryna let us know that he's in U.S. ya, good for him buh shey US na heaven? undecided so that was y i said i also feel good, relaxed here in NIGERIAN and I feel so happy to be a flygerian. very, very, very PROUD to be a citizen of the GREEN pasport! and i'll never, i repeat NEVER EVER deny ma country naija for any other country!  to me, naija just be like marraige in front of the alter. weather Nigeria is in good condition or not, better or worse, rich or poor, i'll always REP that country naija to the FULLEST.  Flygerian till INFINITY!!!
Re: What Would You Say Is The Best Thing About Living In Nigeria by kobikwelu(m): 2:35pm On Jul 12, 2010
the good thing about being a nigerian is that you can make your own rules/laws and enforce it tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

for example, you can take a dump anywhere tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: What Would You Say Is The Best Thing About Living In Nigeria by kobikwelu(m): 2:37pm On Jul 12, 2010
^^^ Feel u brov, i know what u'r goin thru buh, i decide to make dat comment cos of what @mr Anus commented on his post. the only thing i agreed on his post was "nepa" but the other once na "iro." there's no country on this planet that u won't find armed robber's and area boys (touts). in conclusion, he then said he feels fine over there in new york, he's tryna let us know that he's in U.S. ya, good for him buh shey US na heaven? so that was y i said i also feel good, relaxed here in NIGERIAN and I feel so happy to be a flygerian. very, very, very PROUD to be a citizen of the GREEN pasport! and i'll never, i repeat NEVER EVER deny ma country naija for any other country! to me, naija just be like marraige in front of the alter. weather Nigeria is in good condition or not, better or worse, rich or poor, i'll always REP that country naija to the FULLEST. Flygerian till INFINITY!!!

cool cool cool cool cool

Good to know that some peeps are still in touch with their realselves
Re: What Would You Say Is The Best Thing About Living In Nigeria by comechop1: 9:42pm On Jul 12, 2010
I love my naija oooo na chop i chop country and full of understanding. If u have flat tyre volcanizer is every where everything is at ur reach with some change in ur pocket all is well. No matter the europe i still love my naija for life. Buy correct Ok (okrika) wash am iron am u fine pass those americana/londoner them.
Re: What Would You Say Is The Best Thing About Living In Nigeria by uglybetty: 12:51pm On Jul 13, 2010
For me 'Food'.In Nigeria we have have different type of food that is natural, not junk, healthy,tastety,rich,infact you can't compare.Infact God has really really blessed us. go to other country's and see if you can live there for a week.I wonder how Nigerian's abroad are coping. Food is good oh.
Re: What Would You Say Is The Best Thing About Living In Nigeria by OgidiBoy(m): 2:51am On Jul 15, 2010
I love Nigeria, I could go to a bar with friends and drink as much as I could and not worry about police getting me for DWI. cheesy
Re: What Would You Say Is The Best Thing About Living In Nigeria by AjanleKoko: 8:31am On Aug 27, 2011
Sense of belonging I guess. That's one thing all the skyscrapers in the world doesn't give.
I know I am among my own people, and not a stranger. Being around family, and those you can trust.
Re: What Would You Say Is The Best Thing About Living In Nigeria by Russialane(m): 4:11pm On Aug 28, 2011
HOME is were the heart is cheesy
Re: What Would You Say Is The Best Thing About Living In Nigeria by firestar(f): 8:18pm On Aug 28, 2011
-Garium is gold.
-Women that cooks are your mothers.
-In the bus, someone offers to pray before the journey begins.
-You learn more than fifteen languages by Osmosis.
-You experience life simulteaneously as raw, parboiled, cooked, grilled and burnt.
-You eat fresh food. (Stews, soups, condiments, fruits, veggies, etc.)
-You are your brother's and your sister's keeper.
-Even if you no get shishi, There's still hope, so why kill yourself?
-Justice on the streets is right here and right now. As in now-now!
-Favourite music with drumming: Turn knob to the right!
-You no go hear word when a match starts.

. . . .
I could go on and on and on. . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ever Seen An Igbo Begging For Alms?(photo) / So, Most African Americans Are Of Yoruba Descent ? / Who Is The Longest Serving Monarch In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.