Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars (4319 Views)

I Dont Know Wat To Think Of My Girlfriend ADVICE NEEDED (pic Evidence) / Some Times I Think Of How Easy It Would Be To Just End It All / Ways To Make Ur Husband Happy & Think Of You Always (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by kokoye(m): 6:35pm On Jul 01, 2010
rayance:

WHY MUST MR BIGGS EMPLOY BEGGARS TO OPEN DOORS FOR PEEPS, just curious!

those Mr biggs boys have a way of making u feel guilty if u dont wanna give

Sorry to say this, but the sight of beggars may quench my hunger right away. So I really think that is bad for business.

Some beggars with wounds actually make the wounds look terrible so you have forced to pity them or want them to get outta your face - they make you part with money eitherway. Can be disgusting
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by agabaI23(m): 6:42pm On Jul 01, 2010
mjay:

That's even more impressive!!!!!! grin grin grin
OK I give up. cheesy cheesy
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by mutter(f): 6:48pm On Jul 01, 2010
I have to give a testimony of an experience I had in 1994. My 2yr old daughter suddenly started choking one evening and I took her to the clinic i n 1004. As i ws waiting for the Dr. on call to arrive I noticed a man lying on the floor his wife was crying. I asked the nurse what the problem was and she explained the man needed to be admitted but they did not have the money. I asked her how much it would cost to treat him admission drugs and all and she meant like 800naira would cover everything. I went up to the woman and spoke with her, offered to lend her the money. She was so scared to say yes I think she felt I wasnt human to just offer such help. The nurses assured her that they knew me and I lived nearby with my family so they spoke to the husband and they agreed. I sent for the money and the nurses where asking her to give me her name and Address  and to sign an undertaking but i did not want any of that. Off course she promised to bring back the money immediately but I told her not to. I wanted the man to get well and them to take their time to gather the money together and then come to me.
Months later, I ad almost forgotten,i was having a nap when my nanny called me that I had visitors. A family with two kids dressed up in their Sunday best. I gave them drinks and snacks then had to politely ask if they were looking for my husband. I could not recognise them. The man explained that he was the man I had helped in the hospital and he was bringing back the money. I was so glad my whole joy was that the trust had not been betrayed. As they left to depart, I called one of the kids and gave him the envelop. I told them that i had lent them the money but this time it was a present for the kids so they should not refuse but use it for the children. I was honoured that they came to visit me. The way they came as a family and how they were dress was an indication that it was important to them.
We should always give a helping hand when we can, it is just that sometimes it get`s abused.
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by mutter(f): 6:50pm On Jul 01, 2010
-
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by aieromon(m): 7:05pm On Jul 01, 2010
@mutter
That was then.
Now,beggin' is a hobby!
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by femmy2010(m): 7:19pm On Jul 01, 2010
Na condition made their Cray fish bend .
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by mutter(f): 7:45pm On Jul 01, 2010
Yes I have also had some not too good experiences. A relation of mine complained to me how hard things were in Nigeria. I decided to send about 300 € mooonthly for as long as the wife was pregnant and pay for the medicals. When I asked them after that to make a business proposal they wanted to go into fishing ponds. To start that they meant they needed two new busses
That made me feel so sad because I expected them to be reasonable with their request. At the end I could not help them any longer. Having so many commitments I can only render such help fr a limited time.
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by kokoye(m): 8:14pm On Jul 01, 2010
mutter:

I have to give a testimony of an experience I had in 1994. My 2yr old daughter suddenly started choking one evening and I took her to the clinic i n 1004. As i ws waiting for the Dr. on call to arrive I noticed a man lying on the floor his wife was crying. I asked the nurse what the problem was and she explained the man needed to be admitted but they did not have the money. I asked her how much it would cost to treat him admission drugs and all and she meant like 800naira would cover everything. I went up to the woman and spoke with her, offered to lend her the money. She was so scared to say yes I think she felt I wasnt human to just offer such help. The nurses assured her that they knew me and I lived nearby with my family so they spoke to the husband and they agreed. I sent for the money and the nurses where asking her to give me her name and Address  and to sign an undertaking but i did not want any of that. Off course she promised to bring back the money immediately but I told her not to. I wanted the man to get well and them to take their time to gather the money together and then come to me.
Months later, I ad almost forgotten,i was having a nap when my nanny called me that I had visitors. A family with two kids dressed up in their Sunday best. I gave them drinks and snacks then had to politely ask if they were looking for my husband. I could not recognise them. The man explained that he was the man I had helped in the hospital and he was bringing back the money. I was so glad my whole joy was that the trust had not been betrayed. As they left to depart, I called one of the kids and gave him the envelop. I told them that i had lent them the money but this time it was a present for the kids so they should not refuse but use it for the children. I was honoured that they came to visit me. The way they came as a family and how they were dress was an indication that it was important to them.
We should always give a helping hand when we can, it is just that sometimes it get`s abused.

This is different. You met them at a hospital and were there for a purpose.

This thread is about rogues on the roads who prey on your good-hearted nature.
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by Horlazuncanmi(m): 9:24pm On Jul 01, 2010
I met a guy once who said he is very sick and needed to be operated. The illness was not disclose but the guy is putting on a Gold wrist watch,a Gold Alhaji teeth and he looks more healthy than myself, I told him to die with his illness, Goverment should start arresting this Executive beggars
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by CarlosVent(m): 9:28pm On Jul 01, 2010
pls must dey be disabled b4 u gv dem money.if u cant gv money gv items naaa
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by Woke4all(m): 9:37pm On Jul 01, 2010
i hate them
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by mrofficial(m): 10:02pm On Jul 01, 2010
Which kind executive beggar be that wey dey do unsure biz? That no be laziness abeg.
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by whiteroses(f): 3:37am On Jul 02, 2010
Horlazuncanmi:

I met a guy once who said he is very sick and needed to be operated. The illness was not disclose but the guy is putting on a Gold wrist watch,a Gold Alhaji teeth and he looks more healthy than myself, I told him to die with his illness, Goverment should start arresting this Executive beggars
iye n take the mickey ni naw, o probably rii pogo daada lofin ta sie beyen
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by blank(f): 8:40am On Jul 02, 2010
I have been in such situations before. in 1995/1996.
I was a secondary school student in Ibadan and was staying with my dad's brother. Things were really rough for them and my dad.
I used to walk from Customs bus stop to Agodi Gate in Ibadan as transport money was not enough. (It took me more than 80mins). I was only 9.
Sometimes i won't even have the money to take me to Customs busstop.
Such times, i had to beg for people to have mercy and lap me. 2 Naira was big money to me.
Some people would insult me, some would pity me.
I was once in a bus with my last 5naira, as d bus moved, breeze blew d money out of my hand.
i wanted 2 die but God touched someone to give me money. God bless all those people that helped me.
Finally entered Boarding House and all those stories were old gist.

Also had an experience in Abuja, in 2000.
We had just finished Church service and a guy walked in with a growth protruding from his bum.
He was shouting that we should help him pay his hospital bills.
My pastor then turned on him and called police 4 him, d guy ran away.
Our pastor said he had seen him before and took pity on him and took him to the hospital he said he was receiving treatment.
He could not give d name of the hospital and kept changing his story.
Finally said that it was cow intestine he put in his bum to look like a growth. (after my pastor had threatened him)
What shocked me was that as he was running away, he was calling on God to judge that he was innocent.
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by Guchis(f): 9:05am On Jul 02, 2010
I was waiting for a colleague a couple of months ago at the lobby of Sheraton Lagos when a well dressed young man came and sat beside me. He said hello, picked up a magazine on the table and leafed thru d pages then finally looked up and asked that i help him with N500 for transport as he was going to Ikorodu but got stranded.
I felt embarrassed and gave him the money thinking how hard it must have been for him to summon up courage to ask.

To my surprise the guy just walked to the bar, bought a glass of Chapman and crisps and walked to another table after stopping briefly to ask if i wanted a drink too  shocked

I was baffled and didnt know what to make of him. Was he just hungry or really stranded? You can't tell these days
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by chipeter(f): 9:34am On Jul 02, 2010
Those beggars are something else. I think their women now have an association. They always come out en mass at mile 2 festac side on certain days of the week with different stories.Some of them even come out with children. I don't know what this country is turning to.
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by Oyebanji07(m): 9:55am On Jul 02, 2010
Had similar experience too.

What a World we live in.May God have mercy on our Motherland Nigeria.

Most of these people are thieves and extremely Lazy people.

Are they even different from our Nigerian Police Force?(Force extortion from comercial motorists).
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by Natudu: 10:54am On Jul 02, 2010
Most of us have had these experiences.
I had once thought: if you don't want these ''beggars'' continuing in this trade, don't give. Problem is: they will invent some other lazy ways to get you. We just hope our society reforms and there are jobs for everybody such that begging will go back to a thing of shame.

Ok, my major conern is with the employed beggars we see every day. From the Mr Biggs' door man to the customs/immigration officials at the airport. Like one poster said, these guys have a way of making you feel ''guilty'' if you don't part with some dough.

Now we can do something about these groups. Simply make up your mind not to dash out any money to any of these paid workers if they beg for it. You can give freely when they don't beg, fi you want.

It is not just annoying, it paints a terrible picture about our society. Everywhere you go, foreigners remind you of this with one nigerian episode of ''oga dash us something na'' or another. It pains me to the marrow.

Elsewhere in most developed and not so developed societies, people hold their heads high no matter how low their pay is. It gives you this feeling of a secured society. Tips are tips and not coersive begging!

Naija, make we no dey fall our hand na!!!!!!!!! Yes, it can form part of the Prof. Akunyili's reform agenda. Put up posters screaming ''No fall our hand- begging na shame!'' on all the noted facilities where these acts take place and we will adjust.

Cheers
Nat
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by Ranoscky(m): 1:46pm On Jul 02, 2010
Quote from OP: "Does that mean that there is no job out there for him or he is just been lazy. COs he speeks english fluently."

^^^ Is it compulsory that any1 that know's how to speak english must have a job? haven't u seen some1 that can speak very good english but he/she is an iliterate? do u think every bus conductor u see is an iliterate and couldn't get a job? do u think every love-peddler is an iliterate is an iliterate and couldn't get a job? what of university graduates that couldn't get a job even with their result? U talk as if u don't know what we'r all facing in NIGRIA. u can just conclude by saying, u refused to give the begger money for the second time b'cos he's a cheat; and not b'cos he can speak good english and couldn't get himself a job. Naija hard O!. . .but since wey u don know d guy man wey, wetin u go do be say, when next he come's to u, just ignore him!    ***u don already embarras'am so shame no go gree'am com meet u again sef grin***
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 02, 2010
They are all over Lagos. I dont even bother to answer such people. Dat`s life in a developing nation.
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by adaphik(f): 7:54am On Jul 03, 2010
:d
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by johnshagb(m): 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2010
FUNNINGLY I AM LOOKIN AT A GUY INSIDE THE SAME CYBER CAFE WHO BEGGED ME FOR TWENTY NAIRA TO EAT YESTERDAY. I WAS SHOCKED WHEN I SAW HIM BUT PRETENDED LIKE I HAVNT SEEN HIM BEFORE. I NOTICED HE WAS CHATTING ON YAHOO MSGER (I GUSSED MAGGA NEVER PAY AM) embarassed
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 03, 2010
You can always ignore them if you dont wanna help !!!
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by tekma: 8:09pm On Jul 03, 2010
u get luck say them no show u gun.
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by Ranoscky(m): 6:52am On Jul 04, 2010
^^^ grin grin grin u funny O!
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 04, 2010
My own experience is worse. They come in droves, when they come close to my office, they remove their earings and scatter their hair, fake husbands death certificate
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by johndavid1(m): 7:43pm On Jul 04, 2010
Me too i went to LG showroom in PH opposite shell RA to get a  TV set after selling to me the girls selling there told me. PLEASE ANYTHING FOR US! i was like ok take this on getting to the door with my TV set the security guyz there  said BROS FIND US SOMETHING NOW? i was like ok, still after giving can you imagine that transportation fair to transport the product is not enough for me i had to manage, then i said to my self i will never go and buy any electronic there again cos everybody there are bunch of beggars, and if you told them that you don't have it will look like you are the most stingie person in the world.
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by Remii(m): 9:26pm On Jul 04, 2010
The situation is so worrisome and it is all over. Sometimes to even get your car key from your pocket sends wrong signals to them and makes you feel guilty too.
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by member479760: 7:08am On Jul 05, 2010
of recent, one tell me sey for the past one month he never eat then i asked him how he survive it - he ans - na God.
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by Ranoscky(m): 3:07pm On Jul 06, 2010
Quote from @Nakedall "of recent, one tell me sey for the past one month he never eat then i asked him how he survive it - he ans - na God."

^^^ I'm not in support of them (beggers), and i know what the begger man told u is a lie. iwhy i said it's a lie is b'cos, dat's naija wey of begging money; but i just wanna let u know dat, for some1 not to eat for one full month is POSSIBLE!!! if u like i can show u a website of an indian man dat haven't eatin for seventy yrs and he's stil alive!
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by dolu2007(m): 9:08am On Jul 07, 2010
They have hands and legs? No excuse

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would You Date/marry Your child's prospective parent in-law? / Is Incarnate (akudaya) Real???? / The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.