Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,331 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Ngige: N50,000 NYSC Monthly Allowance Increase Is False. No Increment Yet - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige: N50,000 NYSC Monthly Allowance Increase Is False. No Increment Yet (23591 Views)

Magboro protest : AMORAN breaks silence, says no increment in price of rider's p / No Increment In Minimum Wage, No voting!!! / Bolanle Ambode Gives Couple With Quintuplets N500,000 Monthly Allowance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngige: N50,000 NYSC Monthly Allowance Increase Is False. No Increment Yet by CanadianEnginee(m): 1:58pm On Aug 22, 2018
InvertedHammer:
/
This is a litmus test of the gullibility of an average Nigerian. Isn't it disheartening to witness how quickly opinions are swayed with empty promises? An empty promise of N50k elicited jubilation and "Sai babaism" even when there has been no alert and worse, when it came from a source notorious for empty promises.

Buhari will promise heaven and Earth in 2019 knowing that he is dealing with morons. They will retain him and use the next 4 years to add to their regrets.

People do not pay attention to the folks campaigning for Buhari. Some of them have vested interests while others have direct access to foreign nations. When the ship starts to sink, Murtala Mohammed airport and off they go till next time.
/

Post of the year

1 Like

Re: Ngige: N50,000 NYSC Monthly Allowance Increase Is False. No Increment Yet by famosh: 2:00pm On Aug 22, 2018
Biglittlelois:

Hellooooo!!! this was not a rumour, buhari's government announced it CLEARLY even on social media that is why Ngige said all that, so what are you saying 2014 was as you said a rumour that was never clarified or announced so you have no point.

Madam, calm down! It was a rumour! The only thing they announced is that they're planning to review it upward, & that's because they're also trying to review minimum wage upward! Show me just one link where the federal government specifically said they have announced (not planning to announce o) the increase of NYSC allowance to the N49,500.
Re: Ngige: N50,000 NYSC Monthly Allowance Increase Is False. No Increment Yet by famosh: 2:03pm On Aug 22, 2018
InvertedHammer:
/
This is a litmus test of the gullibility of an average Nigerian. Isn't it disheartening to witness how quickly opinions are swayed with empty promises? An empty promise of N50k elicited jubilation and "Sai babaism" even when there has been no alert and worse, when it came from a source notorious for empty promises.

Buhari will promise heaven and Earth in 2019 knowing that he is dealing with morons. They will retain him and use the next 4 years to add to their regrets.

People do not pay attention to the folks campaigning for Buhari. Some of them have vested interests while others have direct access to foreign nations. When the ship starts to sink, Murtala Mohammed airport and off they go till next time.
/

What do you have to say about the folks campaigning for the PDP?
Re: Ngige: N50,000 NYSC Monthly Allowance Increase Is False. No Increment Yet by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 22, 2018
olokeded:
Minister for Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige has dismissed reports that the Federal Government was planning to increase the monthly allowance for youth corps members.

Rumours had been rife weeks ago that the Federal Government was planning to increase the monthly allowance from N19,800 to N50,000, but Ngige has said there’s no truth in it.

He said in a press briefing in Anambra that the Federal Government wouldn’t increase the allowance of corps members without first coming out with a minimum wage for the Nigerian workers.

“No recommendation has come to the Federal Executive Council on this. The NYSC pay is on the sliding scale; the same sliding scale with the national minimum wage except that there is a top up; what is called top up on the national minimum wage is to make for special transport allowance for members of the NYSC,” he said.

“That is why today, the national minimum wage is N18,000, and the top up for NYSC members is about N1,500 making it N19,500. This is what the Federal Government pays each corps member.

“For now, there is no figure before us as an increment and as a matter of fact, the last Federal Executive Council had mandated the Minister of Youths and Sports to liaise with the Director General of the NYSC so that he can be brought on board for us to work as a team,” the minister further stated.

http://www.metronaija.ng/ngige-debunks-rumours-of-nysc-monthly-allowance-increase/

only fooOOools like Butterflyle0 can believe this 50k increment nonsense.
Re: Ngige: N50,000 NYSC Monthly Allowance Increase Is False. No Increment Yet by meobizy(f): 2:24pm On Aug 22, 2018
Stories like this 50K allowee tale are part of the reason why I take this forum only as entertainment.
I wouldn't lie, I believed it. I believed it as many of the other nairalanders forming they didn't fall for it did wholeheartedly.
It doesn't surprise me to see it turned out a lie, like many other good news in this country.
It won't shock me if the DStv court news will turn out a lie too. Let me head to that thread to catch nairalanders believing now who'll change mouth later.

1 Like

Re: Ngige: N50,000 NYSC Monthly Allowance Increase Is False. No Increment Yet by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 22, 2018
olokeded:
Minister for Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige has dismissed reports that the Federal Government was planning to increase the monthly allowance for youth corps members.

Rumours had been rife weeks ago that the Federal Government was planning to increase the monthly allowance from N19,800 to N50,000, but Ngige has said there’s no truth in it.

He said in a press briefing in Anambra that the Federal Government wouldn’t increase the allowance of corps members without first coming out with a minimum wage for the Nigerian workers.

“No recommendation has come to the Federal Executive Council on this. The NYSC pay is on the sliding scale; the same sliding scale with the national minimum wage except that there is a top up; what is called top up on the national minimum wage is to make for special transport allowance for members of the NYSC,” he said.

“That is why today, the national minimum wage is N18,000, and the top up for NYSC members is about N1,500 making it N19,500. This is what the Federal Government pays each corps member.

“For now, there is no figure before us as an increment and as a matter of fact, the last Federal Executive Council had mandated the Minister of Youths and Sports to liaise with the Director General of the NYSC so that he can be brought on board for us to work as a team,” the minister further stated.

http://www.metronaija.ng/ngige-debunks-rumours-of-nysc-monthly-allowance-increase/

How can nysc members get 50k when minimum wage is 18k? Thank God sound logic has prevailed here. Matter of fact, the scheme should be scrapped because it's a waste of national resources and an unnecessary risk to the participants!
Re: Ngige: N50,000 NYSC Monthly Allowance Increase Is False. No Increment Yet by liberation100: 2:47pm On Aug 22, 2018
Hahaaahaaaaaaaaaa....and some clowns were shouting buhari till he is dead.... Gullible zombies taking buhari at his word. Keep hoping you shall never be disappointed in the next life

1 Like

Re: Ngige: N50,000 NYSC Monthly Allowance Increase Is False. No Increment Yet by Leesah(f): 2:51pm On Aug 22, 2018
3millionia:
How I wish #NYSC were to be #WYSC Worldwide Youth Service Corp After you graduate, they post you to New York to serve, Post some to Dubai Then the middle east will be like the north east, If they post you to Afghan, Syria or Iraq, you redeploy back to
Jamaica, Brazil or Spain!

Kaii!! Then USA, Canada and UK Will be like Abuja, Port Harcourt and Lagos... where everyone is rushing!
Calabar and Uyo are like Caribbean and Hawaii

Omo you'll see Nigerian students taking school very serious... so they can go and serve!
And if you serve well, they retain you maybe in Google Office, Or Facebook USA
Blackberry Canada or Apple!!!

#Chai! Someone pls wake me up grin
in
Follow my dj mixtapes blog www.mixtapes.ng
Hahahahahahahaha oya wake up oo
Re: Ngige: N50,000 NYSC Monthly Allowance Increase Is False. No Increment Yet by chesky22(m): 3:19pm On Aug 22, 2018
The only APC man that said a truth since 2014...

1 Like

Re: Ngige: N50,000 NYSC Monthly Allowance Increase Is False. No Increment Yet by abdulkayus(m): 3:33pm On Aug 22, 2018
Biglittlelois:
Giving corpers false hope, i was at nysc camp in 2011 when Goodluck Jonathan announced and increased allowee, we were paid immediately after camp, but this government as usual did not disappoint in their lies, zombies over to you.

Batch B , 2011

1 Like

Re: Ngige: N50,000 NYSC Monthly Allowance Increase Is False. No Increment Yet by psucc(m): 3:47pm On Aug 22, 2018
RealityShot:
BTW NYSC is supposed to be free service to our country.

N 50000 is too much for corpers!

Most of them don't even work to contribute anything in society for that year.

Remember VENEZUELA CRISIS... Increasing minimum wage is not a solution to inflation.

#iStandWithBuhari #BuhariTill2023

But increasing petroleum products' prices will do?
I am sorry sharing the same nationality with some people.
Re: Ngige: N50,000 NYSC Monthly Allowance Increase Is False. No Increment Yet by wilyparker(m): 4:12pm On Aug 22, 2018
Odingo1:
How can a sane person believe that NYSC members will earn N50,000 in Nigeria, is that feasible and can Nigeria minimum wage climb from N18000 to N50000 just like, more than 200% increase
why not? if it's their salary do you think it take long for them to pass the bill?
Re: Ngige: N50,000 NYSC Monthly Allowance Increase Is False. No Increment Yet by Yankee101: 4:26pm On Aug 22, 2018
419 govt
Re: Ngige: N50,000 NYSC Monthly Allowance Increase Is False. No Increment Yet by RealityShot: 4:42pm On Aug 22, 2018
psucc:

But increasing petroleum products' prices will do? I am sorry sharing the same nationality with some people.
Me too
Re: Ngige: N50,000 NYSC Monthly Allowance Increase Is False. No Increment Yet by Biglittlelois(f): 5:02pm On Aug 22, 2018
abdulkayus:

Batch B , 2011

Yep, you too?
Re: Ngige: N50,000 NYSC Monthly Allowance Increase Is False. No Increment Yet by InvertedHammer: 5:44pm On Aug 22, 2018
famosh:

What do you have to say about the folks campaigning for the PDP?
/
What is the ideological difference between APC and PDP? I mentioned Buhari as a candidate and not the party--party is inconsequential in Nigerian politics especially when one can be an APC member on Monday and PDP member on Tuesday.

/
Re: Ngige: N50,000 NYSC Monthly Allowance Increase Is False. No Increment Yet by Ahmeduana(m): 5:52pm On Aug 22, 2018
JIBITI GOVERNMENT!
Re: Ngige: N50,000 NYSC Monthly Allowance Increase Is False. No Increment Yet by Chinwendu07: 6:18pm On Aug 22, 2018
We all know the APC for lies & deceit. Their is nothing truthful in my mouth of this APC govt., I urge Nigerians to vote wisely in 2019, vote PDP
Re: Ngige: N50,000 NYSC Monthly Allowance Increase Is False. No Increment Yet by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 22, 2018
when he{antpay 18k mini wage, na 50k allowee he go pay?,
sorry coffers nothing for you.
Re: Ngige: N50,000 NYSC Monthly Allowance Increase Is False. No Increment Yet by eniorisha(m): 10:19pm On Aug 22, 2018
I never hear any good news from this man. Mr Minister, will cheering news ever come from u? Can any of your children survive on N19800 monthly & on a far away strange Land? Are politician children not Nigerian youths too?

Our leaders will take we youths serious when we unanimously disobey d clarion call across d country...
Re: Ngige: N50,000 NYSC Monthly Allowance Increase Is False. No Increment Yet by Deyhams22: 1:25pm On Aug 23, 2018
Am Available, Am a clearing Agent, we can help you clear you goods coming from any part of the world @ Shoolar Global International limited, try us now and you will enjoy our services... You can call 08025589600 or 08098068350
Re: Ngige: N50,000 NYSC Monthly Allowance Increase Is False. No Increment Yet by abdulkayus(m): 5:14pm On Aug 23, 2018
Biglittlelois:

Yep, you too?
Yes, Umunya camp, Oyi LG, Anambra state and you?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra South Traditional Rulers Council Give Maduka Royal Blessings (Pictures) / I've Joined Team Of Defense Lawyers In The Case Of Nnamdi Kanu - Emeka Ugwuonye / SSS Paid N152M Into Maina’s Secret Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.