Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,551 members, 7,850,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:27 AM

Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? (4999 Views)

Results From Buhari's Daura Polling Unit / Photos From Buhari Mega Rally In Ebonyi / Aisha Jummai Alhassan Resigns From Buhari Cabinet To Vie For Taraba Governorship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? by LadyExcellency: 3:32pm On Aug 23, 2018
@All these clannish Southwest opinionists supporting power to Southwest in 2023, how many votes did PDP got from the Northwest in 2015 to warrant the zoning of presidency to the North?

Isn't it all about National cohesion and not tribal sentiments being spinned on this thread?

Bunch of clannists and bigots. Sophistication my foot.

1 Like

Re: Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? by seunmsg(m): 3:33pm On Aug 23, 2018
senatordave1:

2023 may be the year tinubu and south west apc pullout and form their own party if the ticket is zoned to the east

The ticket can never be microzoned to the south east. Even in PDP, they refused to microzone the chairmanship to the south west and the presidency to the north west. Zoning is strictly between the south and north. Any interested candidate from the south can vie for the party ticket in 2023. Don't let's start deceiving some people here hence, they will go to sleep with a sense of undeserved entitlement.

If the Igbo's want the presidency, they will have to work seriously for it. They will have to compete with other zones in the south for it. It won't be gifted to them on a platter of gold or by mere threat of secession. Yoruba's are already positioning Osinbajo for 2023, Igbo's also need to start positioning their candidate as well. Emotional rants won't cut it, trust me.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? by LadyExcellency: 3:43pm On Aug 23, 2018
seunmsg:

Yoruba's are already positioning Osinbajo for 2023, Igbo's also need to start positioning their candidate as well. Emotional rants won't cut it, trust me.

Now I know why Southwest are sticking with Buhari, the dead wood robot, who has no positive policy to contribute in making Nigeria great.

No wonder why the Arewa Youths and Elders are warning Southwest to stay clear of whom they choose for presidency in 2019.

Bigots think other Nigerians are dumb to understand their dangerous dance steps

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? by gurnam: 3:49pm On Aug 23, 2018
LadyExcellency:

Now I know why Southwest are sticking with Buhari, the dead wood robot, who has no positive policy to contribute in making Nigeria great.

No wonder why the Arewa Youths and Elders are warning Southwest to stay clear of whom they choose for presidency in 2019.

See how an emotional wreck you are sounding here on this thread.

Control your emotional and you will see that the usual way at quickly resorting to insults can't fetch you anything in Nigeria politics.

8 Likes

Re: Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? by LadyExcellency: 3:59pm On Aug 23, 2018
gurnam:

See how an emotional wreck you are sounding here on this thread.

Control your emotional and you will see that the usual way at quickly resorting to insults can't fetch you anything in Nigeria politics.

For your information, I fully support Prof. Osinbajo to takeover from Buhari in 2019 if it's possible or the remainder of this presidency hence stop being myopic.

Just in ten days, Nigerians felt resemblance of governance and proactive leadership.

Buhari doesn't have the potentials to govern Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? by fk001(m): 3:59pm On Aug 23, 2018
LadyExcellency:

Are you with APC or PDP?

If you are with ApC then continue with your campaign for Buhari and drop sentiments aside.

But if you are for PDP then you don't have any business with APC, if they like they should zone their presidential candidate to Benin republic or Togo come 2023.

9 Likes

Re: Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? by Shukuakukobambi: 3:59pm On Aug 23, 2018
LadyExcellency:

Is it the same arewa youths that gave your entire tribe a quit notice over your biafra noises? cheesy

You call buhari a dead wood, call his people almajiri and born troway, insult their religion and prophet, yet you're expecting him and them to dash you the presidency because you're what again?

I hope PDP wins in 2019 so you can stand a chance and even then, Wike the high tension will tell you who owns PDP wink

7 Likes

Re: Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? by gurnam: 4:00pm On Aug 23, 2018
LadyExcellency:

For your information, I full support Prof. Osinbajo to takeover from Buhari in 2019 if it's possible hence stop being myopic.

Just in ten days, Nigerians felt resemblance of governance and proactive leadership.

Ok

1 Like

Re: Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? by LadyExcellency: 4:02pm On Aug 23, 2018
fk001:

Are you with APC or PDP?

If you are with ApC then continue with your campaign for Buhari and drop sentiments aside.

But if you are for PDP then you don't have any business with APC, if they like they should zone their presidential candidate to Benin republic or Togo come 2023.

Anybody with political acumen as President from Northern Nigeria except Buhari

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? by fk001(m): 4:07pm On Aug 23, 2018
LadyExcellency:

Anybody with political acumen as President from Northern Nigeria except Buhari

Then what will you do now, since ApC have already given Buhari automatic ticket as their presidential candidate.

Just curious.

5 Likes

Re: Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? by Henro123: 4:14pm On Aug 23, 2018
Okorocha s good

1 Like

Re: Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? by Asebaba1(m): 5:20pm On Aug 23, 2018
Rilwayne001:
Professor Yemi Osinbajo
Babatunde Raji Fashola
Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Either of these people will make a great president. kiss
I believe fashola the will get it. If he delivers those three ministries given to him well. He will, because those ministries are part of the strongest pillars of a nation

7 Likes

Re: Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? by deltaisgreat: 5:26pm On Aug 23, 2018
senatordave1:
Between governor okorocha,senator ken nnamani,dr ogbonnaya onu,dr orji kalu and senator chris ngige,who has the biggest chance of being president im 2023 if it is zoned to the south east? Personally,i will prefer dr ogbonnaya onu but i know okorocha and ouk will likely get it.
buhari is going back to daura in 2019 because he must hand over to saraki or atiku next year
Re: Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? by FiftyFifty(m): 5:35pm On Aug 23, 2018
Hmmm... It beats me when some think a Notherner will ever vote for an Igbo man. Igbos "crimes" against Notherners ar too numerous to mention...
Come 2023 both PDP & APC will field their candidates from either the west or south but certainly not east. Igbo presidency may be a reality just may be in the next 100 years.

6 Likes

Re: Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? by Throwback: 5:51pm On Aug 23, 2018
LadyExcellency:

We know Southwest politics and most southwesterners will never support any Igbo for presidency - Fact

Most Hausa-Fulani irrespective of wider differences between the North and the East can give Igbo presidency a chance but not majority Southwesterners.

It's all rooted in clannish sophistication

Do you still remember that in 1993 when we had a 2 party system and there was no Igbo presidential candidate, 3 out of 4 Igbo states preferred to vote for a Northern Fulani Muslim Bashir Tofa, over their fellow Southern Yoruba Muslim MKO Abiola?

So what is the root of the clannish precedent set in 1993 by majority Igbos?

We Yorubas also know SouthEast politics, and our Ewedu and Amala party as your type christened it, will serve our own aspirations.

5 Likes

Re: Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? by PaChukwudi44(m): 5:55pm On Aug 23, 2018
seunmsg:
In as much as I am not against an Igbo presidency, please bear it in mind that the presidency cannot be microzoned to the south east. The presidency will return to the south in 2023 and all eligible and interested aspirants from south west, south east and south south will legitimately vie for it.

grin grin You folks are politically naive? What on earth makes you think the presidency will ever be zoned to the south in 2023 let alone microzoned to any of the southern regions,?
You think a southern candidate will defeat a northern candidate if the entire south don't work together?
Re: Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? by CSTR1005: 6:11pm On Aug 23, 2018
gurnam:

In 2019, PDP is likely to field an Igbo vice presidential candidate with a Northerner. If that happens, and APC still retain Osinbajo or any Swesterner as VP, igbos will naturally vote PDP enmasse thus ensuring they will not be in APC contention for 2023 if APc wins!

Politics is not emotion! It’s all about interest and where the votes will come from.

Don’t be too sure about the bold as there has not been any antecedent to support such assertion and with the recent bad blood with the north arising from your Biafra nonsense, it may not be feasible to guarantee such support
The same applies to the sw.

You have succeeded in ruling yourself out of a pdp presidential candidacy .
Maybe you believe APC will continue ruling.

There is a 40-60% chance of an igbo emerging as APC presidential candidate given the moves igbo APC stalwarts like ngige, Kalu and Co are making right now, and given the fact that an igbo presidency is the most natural thing in the world right now and long overdue.

But there is a near 0% chance that a Yoruba man emerges as pdp presidential candidate in the future.

In fact, there is a possibility that fate can throw up two igbo presidential opponents in the APC and pdp.

1 Like

Re: Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? by Throwback: 6:11pm On Aug 23, 2018
LadyExcellency:

I was expecting this bigotry, tribalism and clannish mentality from some Southwesterners to prove me suspicion.

See who are being compared to Igbo technocrats, a nobody. Propaganda doesn't always work though bigotry may in Nigeria politics

Factual analysis is bigotry to the Igbo who rather dwell on emotions.

If you have any suspicion, it is that you already know you have courted hatred and acrimony and would be right not to now expect or anticipate any support from those whom you delight to antagonise. Nobody owes you any loyalty you never courted.

Professor Yemi Osinbajo and Babatunde Fashola (SAN) were mentioned and you had the idiocy to term them as nobodies when compared to Igbo technocrats?

Is there any repute greater than professorship in the academic field or greater than the status of SAN among Law barristers?

Do you know the meaning of technocrat?

7 Likes

Re: Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? by Shukuakukobambi: 6:13pm On Aug 23, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

grin grin You folks are politically naive? What on earth makes you think the presidency will ever be zoned to the south in 2023 let alone microzoned to any of the southern regions,?
You think a southern candidate will defeat a northern candidate if the entire south don't work together?

If PDP wins 2019, Wike will demand the presidency in 2027. If buhari wins in 2019, APC will zone it to the South for 2023 and Osinbajo, Amaechi, Fashola, Okorocha, Onu and even Oshiomhole will fight for it. There's nothing to force the PDP to zone 2023 to the South because the northern PDP will insist on at least 4 years and even Wike who pays the bills now will partner with them to get it back after them.

Politics for politicians is always about self interest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? by seunmsg(m): 6:19pm On Aug 23, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

The two big parties will not be presenting a northern candidate in 2023.

1 Like

Re: Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? by Shukuakukobambi: 6:29pm On Aug 23, 2018
seunmsg:

The two big parties will not be presenting a northern candidate in 2023.

If PDP doesn't win 2019, the northern bloc in PDP might insist and since they know they have the SE on lockdown, they might refuse to budge. I can't see Kwankwaso and Lamido abandoning their dream

1 Like

Re: Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? by CSTR1005: 6:33pm On Aug 23, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

If PDP doesn't win 2019, the northern bloc in PDP might insist and since they know they have the SE on lockdown, they might refuse to budge. I can't see Kwankwaso and Lamido abandoning their dream
They do not have the south east on lock down.

Any party that does not produce an igbo candidate in the ballot from now on should forget our votes.

You will get our votes when you do the right thing.

That is the signal coming from the east nowadays and the pdp knows it.

1 Like

Re: Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? by Shukuakukobambi: 6:36pm On Aug 23, 2018
CSTR1005:

They do not have the south east on lock down.

Any party that does not produce an igbo candidate in the ballot from now on should forget our votes.

You will get our votes when you do the right thing.

That is the signal coming from the east nowadays and the pdp knows it.

That would be nice. Politics is about interest. Only a novice thinks otherwise.

However, Wike is very much interested also though we could argue that an Ezebunwo Wike will fit in nicely as the igbo candidate. It's not a mainstream thought but politicians don't care

1 Like

Re: Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? by Rilwayne001: 6:39pm On Aug 23, 2018
CSTR1005:

The same applies to the sw.

You have succeeded in rl

In fact, there is a possibility that fate can throw up two igbo presidential opponents in the APC and pdp.

Please wake up from you slumber.
Re: Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? by seunmsg(m): 6:41pm On Aug 23, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

2023 is a long time o. I don't think Lamido and Kwakwanso will be able to pull any serious political weight by then. If APC wins next year, both will be in political wilderness for the next four years. They are going to try their luck next year and that's it.

Wike will be rounding up his second term by 2023. In as much as he still controls the party (I can't see any serious challenge to his control), he will zone the presidency to the south and then seek the party ticket. Lamido or Kwakwanso will be too weak by then to mount any serious challenge, not after 8 years of northern rule.

2 Likes

Re: Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? by Shukuakukobambi: 6:46pm On Aug 23, 2018
seunmsg:

2023 is a long time o. I don't think Lamido and Kwakwanso will be able to pull any serious political weight by then. If APC wins next year, both will be in political wilderness for the next four years. They are going to try their luck next year and that's it.

Wike will be rounding up his second term by 2023. In as much as he still controls the party (I can't see any serious challenge to his control), he will zone the presidency to the south and then seek the party ticket. Lamido or Kwakwanso will be too weak by then to mount any serious challenge, not after 8 years of northern rule.

Wike is actually the guy to watch. I've known him since his days as Obio Akpor chairman. He's ruthless in his pursuits and he gets results. I know he wants to be president. He'll stake his claim when it's time and damn everything and everybody

1 Like

Re: Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? by CSTR1005: 6:51pm On Aug 23, 2018
Rilwayne001:

Please wake up from you slumber.
We will see about that.

The only thing we are waiting for is for buhari to leave the scene politically.

He is upsetting the political equilibrium and giving political Lilliputians(on a normal day) some level of political relevance thanks to an army of die hard northern fanatics.

He is like the sun supplying light to the moon. The moon has no light of its own, but generates its own light from the sun's reflection.

Once the sun stops shining, the moon has no light.

That is the story of buhari and the Yoruba people.
Re: Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? by Shukuakukobambi: 6:55pm On Aug 23, 2018
CSTR1005:

We will see about that.

The only thing we are waiting for is for buhari to leave the scene politically.

He is upsetting the political equilibrium and giving political Lilliputians(on a normal day) some level of political relevance thanks to an army of die hard northern fanatics.

He is like the sun supplying light to the moon. The moon has no light of its own, but generates its own light from the sun's reflection.

Once the sun stops shining, the moon has no light.

That is the story of buhari and the Yoruba people.

You have started again with your empty arrogance cheesy

So Yoruba are liliputians? What do we call igbo? Minuscule? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? by CSTR1005: 6:56pm On Aug 23, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

Wike is actually the guy to watch. I've known him since his days as Obio Akpor chairman. He's ruthless in his pursuits and he gets results. I know he wants to be president. He'll stake his claim when it's time and damn everything and everybody
There is nothing wrong with him seeking presidency.

But I am sure he is smart enough not to.

Whoever runs will be his stooge, to prepare the ground for him just like amaechi did for him till they fell out.

He will run for presidency one day, but not in 2023.

He is right now a pdp leader pulling strings for his boys.
Re: Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? by CSTR1005: 6:59pm On Aug 23, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

You have started again with your empty arrogance cheesy

So Yoruba are liliputians? What do we call igbo? Minuscule? cheesy
You were perpetual opposition for 16 years.

If Jonathan didn't annoy the north by running again instead of stepping aside, and consequently gave buhari a northern rallying point for the very first time, you would still remain perpetual opposition dancing up and down in the ACN .
Re: Who Among These Men Is Likely To Take Over From Buhari In 2023? by Shukuakukobambi: 7:00pm On Aug 23, 2018
CSTR1005:

There is nothing wrong with him seeking presidency.

But I am sure he is smart enough not to.

Whoever runs will be his stooge, to prepare the ground for him just like amaechi did for him till they fell out.

He will run for presidency one day, but not in 2023.

He is right now a pdp leader pulling strings for his boys.

Wike that broke the zoning arrangement between upland and riverrine in Rivers state and didn't care till all the riverrine candidates fell in line? cheesy

So what will Wike be doing when his 'boy' from.the SE becomes president? cheesy

Let's hope PDP wins in 2019 so we can check Wike out I'm 2023

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oh My God See How This Hausa Girl Described Osibanjo / BREAKING: Atiku Gives Full Details About His Educational Background / Debo Ologunagba: Nigeria Needs Rescue From APC’s Uneducated Leadership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.