Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,244 members, 7,811,685 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

"How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" (1526 Views)

Even Atheist Know There Is God They Are Just Angry With Him / Do You Know There Is No Single Evidence For Creation? / Reincarnation Proof: How To Remember Your Past Life The Easiest Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:52am On Aug 23, 2018
"How do you know there is no reincarnation?"

www.livingwaters.com

"How do you know there is no reincarnation? God puts the soul into the body, 'I knew you before you were in the womb,' which means the individual's soul already existed. What makes one think that a soul couldn't be put back into another? You don't know it, you can believe one way or another, but you certainly don't know it." Larry Killian

Your exegesis of Jeremiah 1:5 is greatly lacking. This isn't speaking of reincarnation, but of the foreknowledge of God. The one Bible verse that obliterates the craziness of reincarnation is Hebrews 9:27:

"And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment…"

There isn't a storehouse of old souls lining up to be dropped into the millions new bodies that are being created each year. We live and die once. You only get one shot at this life, don't mess it up by dreaming that you will come back in an endless and hopeless downward spiral of reincarnation. It's not going to happen. You have God's Word on it.

[Source] https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 23 August 2014 ·

Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by Gggg102(m): 11:55am On Aug 23, 2018
what's the deal with the Indian picture?
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by chiommy123(f): 12:06pm On Aug 23, 2018
Nothing like that op. Give life your best shot cos after here you go and meet your creator and give account of how you lived your live here on earth.
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by Blakjewelry(m): 12:09pm On Aug 23, 2018
because when you are dead, you are dead
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:17pm On Aug 23, 2018
Gggg102:

what's the deal with the Indian picture?

What do you think that silver cord connecting each person represents?
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:18pm On Aug 23, 2018
chiommy123:

Nothing like that op. Give life your best shot cos after here you go and meet your creator and give account of how you lived your live here on earth.

Have you got any Scripture to buttress your point?
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by Gggg102(m): 12:18pm On Aug 23, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

What do you think that silver cord connecting each person represents?
link to the next life?
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:26pm On Aug 23, 2018
Gggg102:

link to the next life?

It shows a recurring cycle of existence which cannot be substantiated in reality.
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by Gggg102(m): 12:28pm On Aug 23, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

It shows a recurring cycle of existence which cannot be substantiated in reality.

it is substantiated in Hinduism.

1 Like

Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by chiommy123(f): 12:33pm On Aug 23, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Have you got any Scripture to buttress your point?
are you doubting that a day is coming in which we will give account. Since you wan quotation just read 1OLAADEGBU chapter 2 vs 10. Very loud so I can hear you
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:39pm On Aug 23, 2018
Gggg102:

it is substantiated in Hinduism.

But not universally.
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:40pm On Aug 23, 2018
chiommy123:

are you doubting that a day is coming in which we will give account. Since you wan quotation just read 1OLAADEGBU chapter 2 vs 10. Very loud so I can hear you

Where can I get that book you quoted to read? cheesy
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by Gggg102(m): 12:40pm On Aug 23, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

But not universally.

so, neither is the soul, nor heaven, nor hell, nor life after death, nor Adamic nature...

1 Like

Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:43pm On Aug 23, 2018
Gggg102:

so, neither is the soul, nor heaven, nor hell, nor life after death...

See 10 reasons why I believe reincarnation cannot be substantiated.

1. It is contradicted by Scripture (Heb 9:27).

2. It is contradicted by orthodox tradition in all churches.

3. It would reduce the Incarnation (referring to Christ's incarnation) to a mere appearance, the crucifixion to an accident, and Christ to one among many philosophers or avatars. It would also confuse what Christ did with what creatures do: incarnation with reincarnation.

4. It implies that God made a mistake in designing our souls to live in bodies, that we are really pure spirits in prison or angels in costume.

5. It is contradicted by psychology and common sense, for its view of souls as imprisoned in alien bodies denies the natural psychosomatic unity.

6. It entails a very low view of the body, as a prison, a punishment.

7. It usually blames sin on the body and the body's power to confuse and darken the mind. This is passing the buck from soul to body, as well as from will to mind, and a confusion of sin with ignorance.

8. The idea that we are reincarnated in order to learn lessons we failed to learn in a past earthly life is contrary to both common sense and basic educational psychology. I cannot learn something if there is no continuity of memory. I can learn from my mistakes only if I remember them. People do not usually remember these past "reincarnations."

9. The supposed evidence for reincarnation, rememberings from past lives that come out under hypnosis or "past life regression" can be explained—if they truly occur at all—as mental telepathy from other living beings, from the souls of dead humans in purgatory or hell, or from demons. The real possibility of the latter should make us extremely skittish about opening our souls to "past life regressions."

10. Reincarnation cannot account for itself. Why are our souls imprisoned in bodies? Is it the just punishment for evils we committed in past reincarnations? But why were those past reincarnations necessary? For the same reason. But the beginning of the process that justly imprisoned our souls in bodies in the first place—this must have antedated the series of bodies. How could we have committed evil in the state of perfect, pure, heavenly spirituality? Further, if we sinned in that paradise, it is not paradisical after all. Yet that is the state that reincarnation is supposed to lead us back to after all our embodied yearnings are over.

https://bible.org/question/what-does-bible-say-about-reincarnation
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by Gggg102(m): 12:49pm On Aug 23, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

See 10 reasons why I believe reincarnation cannot be substantiated.

1. It is contradicted by Scripture (Heb 9:27).

2. It is contradicted by orthodox tradition in all churches.

3. It would reduce the Incarnation (referring to Christ's incarnation) to a mere appearance, the crucifixion to an accident, and Christ to one among many philosophers or avatars. It would also confuse what Christ did with what creatures do: incarnation with reincarnation.

4. It implies that God made a mistake in designing our souls to live in bodies, that we are really pure spirits in prison or angels in costume.

5. It is contradicted by psychology and common sense, for its view of souls as imprisoned in alien bodies denies the natural psychosomatic unity.

6. It entails a very low view of the body, as a prison, a punishment.

7. It usually blames sin on the body and the body's power to confuse and darken the mind. This is passing the buck from soul to body, as well as from will to mind, and a confusion of sin with ignorance.

8. The idea that we are reincarnated in order to learn lessons we failed to learn in a past earthly life is contrary to both common sense and basic educational psychology. I cannot learn something if there is no continuity of memory. I can learn from my mistakes only if I remember them. People do not usually remember these past “reincarnations.”

9. The supposed evidence for reincarnation, rememberings from past lives that come out under hypnosis or "past life regression" can be explained—if they truly occur at all—as mental telepathy from other living beings, from the souls of dead humans in purgatory or hell, or from demons. The real possibility of the latter should make us extremely skittish about opening our souls to "past life regressions."

10. Reincarnation cannot account for itself. Why are our souls imprisoned in bodies? Is it the just punishment for evils we committed in past reincarnations? But why were those past reincarnations necessary? For the same reason. But the beginning of the process that justly imprisoned our souls in bodies in the first place—this must have antedated the series of bodies. How could we have committed evil in the state of perfect, pure, heavenly spirituality? Further, if we sinned in that paradise, it is not paradisical after all. Yet that is the state that reincarnation is supposed to lead us back to after all our embodied yearnings are over.

https://bible.org/question/what-does-bible-say-about-reincarnation

why reincarnation is substantiated.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.hinduwebsite.com/reincarnation.asp&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiN9bj2jIPdAhVJbVAKHQwjBKQQFjAMegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw1iqKL80kplYhoSuBqLj5jI

2 Likes

Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by chiommy123(f): 12:50pm On Aug 23, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Where can I get that book you quoted to read? cheesy
enter ogbete main market
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:53pm On Aug 23, 2018
chiommy123:

enter ogbete main market

You don buy market be dat. shocked
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:07pm On Aug 23, 2018
Blakjewelry:

because when you are dead, you are dead

When you are dead your body goes down to the ground while your spirit goes back to your Maker. Your decision hear on earth will determine where your soul goes to, heaven or hell.
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:11pm On Aug 23, 2018
Gggg102:

why reincarnation is substantiated.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.hinduwebsite.com/ reincarnation.asp&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiN9bj2jIPdAhVJbVAKHQwjBKQQFjAMegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw1iqKL80kplYhoSuBqLj5jI

Do you remember what you were in your past life? undecided
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by chiommy123(f): 1:15pm On Aug 23, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

You don buy market be dat. shocked
how I take buy market. Remember to read it loud to my hearing.
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:20pm On Aug 23, 2018
chiommy123:

how I take buy market. Remember to read it loud to my hearing.

No be you buy those books stock for shelf? It says if you are born twice you will die once and if you are born once you will die twice. Now take that to the bank for it is a sure banker. cool
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by chiommy123(f): 1:26pm On Aug 23, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

No be you buy those books stock for shelf? It says if you are born twice you will die once and if you are born once you will die twice. Now take that to the bank for it is a sure banker. cool
no no. You asked me for direction and I gave you. So do the needful
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:39pm On Aug 23, 2018
chiommy123:

no no. You asked me for direction and I gave you. So do the needful

You never describe how I go fit reach that market well, well. Maybe I entered another market. undecided
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by chiommy123(f): 1:52pm On Aug 23, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

You never describe how I go fit reach that market well, well. Maybe I entered another market. undecided
you can't miss it. Just take bike wherever you are tell him ogbete he go just carry you come here.
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:03pm On Aug 23, 2018
chiommy123:

you can't miss it. Just take bike wherever you are tell him ogbete he go just carry you come here.

You wan make I enter one chance? Na so you love your brother reach? undecided
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by chiommy123(f): 2:05pm On Aug 23, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

You wan make I enter one chance? Na so you love your brother reach? undecided
you know say I love you die that's why I say make you take bike na.
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:23pm On Aug 23, 2018
chiommy123:

you know say I love you die that's why I say make you take bike na.

If you truly love ya brother from another mother you no go say make I enter one chance bike and then go buy market for 'ogbete' supermarket. Na Jesus talk am say "Love your neighbour as yourself" no be so? undecided
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by chiommy123(f): 2:36pm On Aug 23, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

If you truly love ya brother from another mother you no go say make I enter one chance bike and then go buy market for 'ogbete' supermarket. Na Jesus talk am say "Love your neighbour as yourself" no be so? undecided
OK. To make it more easier just tell the bike man say chiommy123 say make him bring you come ogbete main msrket. Happy now
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by Blakjewelry(m): 2:43pm On Aug 23, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

When you are dead your body goes down to the ground while your spirit goes back to your Maker. Your decision hear on earth will determine where your soul goes to, heaven or hell.
do you think your religion is the first to believe that theory? but one thing I know for sure is, you believe yours is the most correct. please am kinda wondering here and maybe your answer will do me some favor, since when you die your spirit goes back to it maker, then that spirit will have to come from somewhere so, my question is where was this spirit before you were born
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:45pm On Aug 23, 2018
chiommy123:

OK. To make it more easier just tell the bike man say chiommy123 say make him bring you come ogbete main msrket. Happy now

Na so your market popular reach? shocked
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by chiommy123(f): 2:47pm On Aug 23, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Na so your market popular reach? shocked
yes na
Re: "How Do You Know There Is No Reincarnation?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:57pm On Aug 23, 2018
Blakjewelry:

do you think your religion is the first to believe that theory? but one thing I know for sure is, you believe yours is the most correct. please am kinda wondering here and maybe your answer will do me some favor, since when you die your spirit goes back to it maker, then that spirit will have to come from somewhere so, my question is where was this spirit before you were born

We are created beings only God is eternal. When God created Adam He breathed into him and he became a living soul. The moment we are conceived is the time we become living souls not before.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saluting Position In The Boys' Brigade Nigeria / Seven Reasons Against The PRETRIBULATION Rapture / BLACK POPE // Catholic Black Pope. Did You Read Or Hear About It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.