Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,211 members, 7,829,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar (56370 Views)

Chicken Republic Reacts To Sack Of Security Guards / I Was Condemned For Returning ₦100,000 Forgotten By Passenger – Tricyclist / I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by Bigdeeee: 12:39am On Aug 24, 2018
LUGBE:
Igbo always representing and doing good

Lies! They only returned it because they had no other sensible choice, not because they’re honest. Because there are CCTV cameras around that area, and they knew so. If they had stolen the bag, they would have been easily identified and arrested, fired and jailed. So they just had to return it to save face and refused cash reward from owner, so they could hype the story and get a better reward. Their plan worked. If not, why didn’t they reject the 500k too, and claim they were just doing their jobs? Wise people can see through this gimmicky charade; we’re not deceived or moved by fake altruism. Igbo men and wayo sense...tufiaka grin

2 Likes

Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by Ambassadors: 12:42am On Aug 24, 2018
U truly have a poor mindset and a poor up bringing. Change your mind and it will change your destiny. Anything you have to steal to get it, you cannot be greater than the value of it. But whatsoever you desire pray and work towards it and you will achieve it.
madgoat:

It seems they are truly destined to be poor in this life.

Bag that i would have sharply cornered without telling my supervisor. undecided

May we not be so foolish to remain poor

4 Likes

Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by Bigdeeee: 12:43am On Aug 24, 2018
BOLDSTEP00:
They returned the money because, they mount camera around that side.

cool Your brain is working! They would have been easily identified on CCTV because of their uniforms. Too many gullible people believe it was out of honesty. Honest my foot grin

2 Likes

Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by Heffalump(m): 12:46am On Aug 24, 2018
Cryomancer:
angry

E no go better for 500k.

God knows I can't return such money... not in this Buhari era where everybody is a criminal.

Don't blame me, I'm just being a Nigerian.

Out of 10 Nigerians, I know only 1 will honourably return the bag full of cash. The truth is, whether you took it, you will never stop being poor. So it's better to be honest and receive God's Blessings.
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by Bigdeeee: 12:47am On Aug 24, 2018
Kira290:
They just mised a lifetime opportunity to better their lot in life.. undecided undecided
Now they will die poor.. cry
The world runs on greed...these fools probably didn't know that...such a pity undecided

Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going.....Ecclesiastes 9:10

Hungry scammer like you. Stop impersonating that girl on your profile. Lowlife THIEF! undecided

2 Likes

Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by stevio(m): 12:57am On Aug 24, 2018
You're not an honest Nigerian,am sorry if this is how you will want your children to grow
Cryomancer:
angry

E no go better for 500k.

God knows I can't return such money... not in this Buhari era where everybody is a criminal.

1 Like

Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by BENEAMATA: 1:04am On Aug 24, 2018
Cryomancer:
angry

E no go better for 500k.

look at it like this ; Airport security , bag abandoned at airport , you can open the bag , find it's full of cash and zoom , take off , though not without concequences or , you can open and boom ! , greed just turned you and god knows many other victims into casualties of a major terrorist attack , OR , you can radio security base about a suspected package while keeping everyone away at a safe distance . The security personnel opted for the latter option as best they could . Bottomline , they are good mem who did their job in a proffesional way , lay off them . You'll wish for these kind the next time you lose valuables .
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by Unlimited22: 1:15am On Aug 24, 2018
I keep wondering why such windfalls never come my way.
I'll simply borrow the money and return it to the original owners in a few years after I've made it several times over.

2 Likes

Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by SamuelEzeigbo(m): 1:29am On Aug 24, 2018
Congratulations to these men. You see, it is said that Honesty is the best policy.

These are men of integrity, dignity, efficiency, effectivity, Honesty and Respect.
I believe when these two men leave that Airport, to attend to better Jobs, they will never ever be Forgotten.
The truth: when these men goes, they will leave an unkillable, an indefagitable and unbulldozable Legacy behind.
Once again, congratulations

1 Like

Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by BENEAMATA: 1:33am On Aug 24, 2018
Bigdeeee:

cool Your brain is working! They would have been easily identified on CCTV because of their uniforms. Too many gullible people believe it was out of honesty. Honest my foot grin
But we've been hailing such act anytime it happens in the western world , most times doubthng if same can happen in nigeria , so don't they have surveillance cameras in the public places there too ? Can't these men run away with the money ? Please respect their good name as these are not our regular slay queens and drug traffickers et al that we've made it a pastime to bash on nairaland .
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by Minjim: 2:08am On Aug 24, 2018
Im touched and inspired
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by JacksonOyibo: 2:09am On Aug 24, 2018
smiley
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by clitlicker: 2:37am On Aug 24, 2018
avoid all cctv.trow the bag in a bush. go back to your duty post like nothing happened. come back in the night to carry your $$ .
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by truthfulparrot(m): 2:40am On Aug 24, 2018
GenOrumov:
If the money is not above $10,000 or it's equivalent, then it's not questionable. You can carry that amount and below without the security agencies raising an eyebrow.
You can carry any amount as long as it is disclosed.
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by Buharimustgo: 2:50am On Aug 24, 2018
post=70550835:
HONESTY PAYS

Honesty doesn't pay in Nigeria
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by AnunuebeAgbawo7: 2:52am On Aug 24, 2018

The security guards are Mr Achi Daniel and Mr Francis Emepueaku of Halogen Securities Ltd.

Afonjas and Zombies will say they are Nigerians now.. Mtchewww nonsense afo njo nairalanders
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by kwaraguy(m): 2:53am On Aug 24, 2018
No amount of money would make me to take what does not belong to me. I believe my own time will come and at the right time,” Daniel said.

Quite inspiring
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by Born2Breed(f): 2:55am On Aug 24, 2018
Cryomancer:
angry

E no go better for 500k.

Just think of the pain, tears, fights, quarrel, depression and debt or even death the owner of that bag will pass through because of your action.

Before taking any action, think others first.
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by zicoraads: 2:59am On Aug 24, 2018
Very funny comments. cheesy grin

I pride myself as having a conscience at least. But even for me, I pray not to fall into this type of temptation. Because in all honesty, the mind will be torn between 'return' and 'keep'. cheesy

I commend them. They did well.

2 Likes

Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by EzeJustme(m): 3:53am On Aug 24, 2018
Cryomancer:
angry

E no go better for 500k.

Sorry you're just a thief not a Nigerian
During my industrial attachment i returned 950k after a robbery incident at my workplace, i was the only person that knew robbers didn't take the money. No handshake, no thank you, and that did not change my person. You choose to steal not because you are hungry

2 Likes

Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by JegaQuin: 4:18am On Aug 24, 2018
Cryomancer:
angry

E no go better for 500k.

But you can return it during ya hero Gej era abi? Useless ipob Igbo with hateful mind!
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by hollywater: 4:51am On Aug 24, 2018
2 Biafrans.

2 Likes

Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by MrCuteking(m): 4:52am On Aug 24, 2018
post=70550236:

Two security guards at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Ikeja, were on Thursday rewarded with N250,000 each after returning a passenger’s missing bag full of dollars and jewellery.

The security guards are Mr Achi Daniel and Mr Francis Emepueaku of Halogen Securities Ltd.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Daniel was with his colleague, Emepueaku, when he found the bag on Aug.18 at the airport.

Daniel said: “Inside the bag, we saw a mobile phone, jewellery and huge amount of money in dollars and several other documents.

“At that point, I went straight to the manager’s office who now put a call through to somebody in Atlanta Georgia, and the person happened to be daughter of the owner of the bag.

“If the money was in multi-millions of foreign currencies, I would still have returned it.

“I saw the bag on a trolley at the car park, and I said to myself that somebody must have forgot it there.

“It was not padlocked and without opening it, I went to the ground floor with the bag to meet my supervisor,” Daniel told newsmen at the event.”

The security guard said that it was not his first time of returning money in foreign currencies to their rightful owners.

“When they returned (passengers involved), they were jittery that some of the items in the bag might have vanished.

“But after crosschecking it, she (owner) discovered that everything was intact and the family attempted to give us some amount of money as a form of appreciation, which we rejected, telling them that we were doing our job.

“It never crossed my mind to steal the money; I wouldn’t have done that because it was not my first time of finding such and returning to the owners.

“No amount of money would make me to take what does not belong to me. I believe my own time will come and at the right time,” Daniel said.

Also, Mr Saleh Dunoma, the Managing Director, Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), said that several other related cases had been recorded at the nation’s airports.

Dunoma, who was represented at the event by Mr Salisu Daura, the FAAN Director of Engineering Services, said that the duo’s act gave confidence and credibility to the agency’s security profiling system.

He said that the duo would “forever be remembered in the annals of the industry as role models, reference points, shining lights and good ambassadors.

“Some others may look at you and tag you stupid, but I want to assure you that by virtue of this act, you have secured seats for yourselves in the comity of those with credibility and integrity.

“I want to advice other members of staff to emulate this great virtue and become role models, just like these two security guards,” he said.

http://www.metronaija.ng/2-security-guards-get-n500000-rewards-for-returning-missing-bag/

Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by GIFTD: 4:53am On Aug 24, 2018
Cryomancer:
angryyou're only greedy which is the foundational problem of Nigeria. An honest penny is better than a million dishonest pounds

E no go better for 500k.

Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by Laredojohn(m): 5:33am On Aug 24, 2018
Integrity pays no matter what... Nice one.
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by bakila: 5:37am On Aug 24, 2018
Shelumiel:
I like the effort these men made , but I wonder why the authorities didn't report the matter to the security agencies. Finding such a huge amount is quite questionable....
It is not everything security agencies do that you here in public.
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by tungamaje: 5:41am On Aug 24, 2018
I use to tell people that Igbos/Nvamiris are the most honest people in Nigeria although they talk bad about us. Igbo Amaka. People with conscience

1 Like

Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by mu2sa2: 5:45am On Aug 24, 2018
Cryomancer:
angry

E no go better for 500k.

Because you and your people are criminals shouldn't makes you think that all other people are like you - at least these two honest security officials prove you wrong.
Re: 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by tungamaje: 5:54am On Aug 24, 2018
Bigdeeee:

What would have happened if they took the money and flee out of Nigeria? Or have't you heard such stories before? Please do not be pained by the act of these two honest Baifrans

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Are The Career Opportunity For A Sociologist In Nigeria. / Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion / Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.