Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu (4114 Views)

Youths Vandalise Aishatu Jibril-Dukku's House In Gombe / Bindow Jibrilla Visits IBB & Abdulsalami Abubakar (Photos) / Fayose To Mu’azu: Resign, Emulate British LP, Democrats’ Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by sammyzacks(m): 12:35pm On Jun 26, 2010
Professor Jibril Aminu, a serving senator from Adamawa State, has joined the debate on whether or not President Goodluck Jonathan should contest the 2011 presidential election.
Giving an insight into what gave rise to the zoning arrangement in the country, Aminu said that the gentleman agreement to rotate the presidency between the North and South was reached in 1998 in the interest of peace and brotherhood. He said that the pact should be respected.

He said that the northern political elite had then agreed, at a meeting in Kaduna, that the South West should be allowed to produce the president.

According to him, the PDP and the All Peoples Party (APP) had ensured that the decision reached in 1998 by the northern elite at the meeting in Kaduna was enforced. That explains why the APP went the extra mile of reaching an alliance with the Alliance for Democracy (AD), he said. He added that this is why two South-West candidates contested the 1998 presidential election.

Aminu said that after eight years of the President Olusegun Obasanjo presidency, Alhaji Umar Musa Yar’Adua emerged as the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate and eventually the president. The emergence of Yar’Adua, he said, was an expected normal course of events, in accordance with the zoning agreement.
The senator reasoned that the death of Yar’Adua has thrown spanners into the works because the vice president that succeeded him has gained local and international recognition. He asks: “What do we do with Jonathan? That is the issue.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/june/26/national-26-06-2010-001.htm
Re: Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by Beaf: 12:39pm On Jun 26, 2010
He said that the northern political elite had then agreed, at a meeting in Kaduna, that the South West should be allowed to produce the president.

Interesting! Some really think they own the country.
Re: Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by DisGuy: 12:46pm On Jun 26, 2010
Yea he should, he should steal all the money sell some oil block at then pass the baton, barawo

“What do we do with Jonathan? That is the issue.”

You let him contest a free and fair primaries with other pdp if the northerners are able to produce a pdp candidate fairly, fine!!
Re: Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by seanet02: 8:54pm On Jun 26, 2010
Jonathan must contest and most importantly must win or else we go our seperate ways. The north has enjoyed 36 years of 50. They dont own this country.
Re: Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by chelseabmw(m): 2:24am On Jun 27, 2010
All these northerners should shut up their mouth abeg
Re: Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by say4gunit(m): 4:03am On Jun 27, 2010
chelseabmw:

All these northerners should shut up their mouth abeg
For how much?
Re: Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by suedoh2006(m): 4:28am On Jun 27, 2010
Na wah oooooooooooo
Re: Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by Princek12(m): 4:30am On Jun 27, 2010
I am begin to get increasingly frustrated by how these Northerners think they own Nigeria, and how they put their own self-serving interests ahead of national interests. These malos. Shouldn't each candidate (whether from the North or South) have the right to contest in an election, and let the candidate who receives the most votes win the election? And for this to come from Jubril Aminu, a professor, shows you how these malos think.

How I hope Nigeria should split so they can rule themselves.
Re: Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by akwaowoudo(m): 5:10am On Jun 27, 2010
seanet02:

Jonathan must contest and most importantly must win or else we go our seperate ways. The north has enjoyed 36 years of 50. They dont own this country.
I queue behind you. Totally right! Else we force them to drive vehicles with groundnut oil.
sammyzacks:

Professor Jibril Aminu, a serving senator from Adamawa State, has joined the debate on whether or not President Goodluck Jonathan should contest the 2011 presidential election.
Giving an insight into what gave rise to the zoning arrangement in the country, Aminu said that the gentleman agreement to rotate the presidency between the North and South was reached in 1998 in the interest of peace and brotherhood. He said that the pact should be respected.

According to him, the PDP and the All Peoples Party (APP) had ensured that the decision reached in 1998 by the northern elite at the meeting in Kaduna was enforced. That explains why the APP went the extra mile of reaching an alliance with the Alliance for Democracy (AD), he said. He added that this is why two South-West candidates contested the 1998 presidential election.

Aminu said that after eight years of the President Olusegun Obasanjo presidency, Alhaji Umar Musa Yar’Adua emerged as the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate and eventually the president. The emergence of Yar’Adua, he said, was an expected normal course of events, in accordance with the zoning agreement.
The senator reasoned that the death of Yar’Adua has thrown spanners into the works because the vice president that succeeded him has gained local and international recognition. He asks: “What do we do with Jonathan? That is the issue.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/june/26/national-26-06-2010-001.htm
He must rule; this is the time of South-southern Nigeria. Nigeria survives because of the heritage of the south-southerners. Can't you see?
Re: Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by Hoteph(m): 6:52am On Jun 27, 2010
Thats an insane comment from an insane man Jibril Who?, Na him papa get Nigeria bah
Re: Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by fugocisse: 7:03am On Jun 27, 2010
NOW THIS IS GETTING SERIOUS! angry THESE NORTHERNERS REALLY THINK THEY OWN NIGERIA! WHO IS ABDULSALAMI TO BE EMULATED? ABDUSALAMY WAS JUST ANOTHER CRIMINAL WHO USED THE ISSUE OF RELENTING POWER BUT THEN LOOT NIGERIA DRY JUST LIKE HIS OTHER NORTHERN BROTHERHOODS.

IF SOMEBODY (JONATHAN)  FROM THE SOUTH-SOUTH SO THEY CALL IT( BUT WE ALL IN THAT ZONE KNOWS THE TRUTH) IS NOT WORTHY TO RULE NIGERIA THEN I THINK THEIR OIL IS NOT WORTHY TO BE USED BY THESE NORTHERN BRAINWASHED POLITICIANS FOR THEIR OWN PERSONAL GREED.

THE TRUTH IS THAT I BELIEVE IN ONE UNITED NIGERIA! WHAT I DISLIKE IS A GROUP OF MORONS FROM THE NORTH WHOM AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHER FELLOW COMPATRIOT AND GOOD PEOPLE OF THE NORTH WILL CONVAGE JUST TO LOOT NIGERIA DRY, WE WANT DEVELOPMENTS AND GROWTH IN NIGERIA BUT AM SORRY WITH THE KIND OF POLITICIANS THE NORTH ARE HAVING NOW THEY SHOULD GO AND SIT AT THE CONNER FOR SOMEONE ELSE FROM ANOTHER ANGLE TO LEAD US AND SEE WHAT MIGHT COME OUT FROM IT.

LOOK AT THE RATE OF POVERTY IN THE NORTHERN STATE AND WITH PROBLEM OF ALMAJIRI WHICH THEY CREAT TO HAVE THEIR FELLOW KINGSMEN  IN ABSOLUTE POVERTY SO THAT THEY FEW WILL DINNE ALONE AND MARRY THEIR DAUGHTERS AMONG THEM SELFS, NORTHERNERS!!!! YOU SHOULD RISE AGAINST THESE NORTHEN MORONIC POLITICIANCE WHO ARE DRAGGING YOU PEOPLE BACKWARDS angry angry angry
Re: Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by SSaemoenl(m): 9:14am On Jun 27, 2010
He will not enulate anythin, Lion eat dog, He is in control now abi? yes
Re: Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by landtraza(m): 11:16am On Jun 27, 2010
north de comot kaki put agbada, JOHNATHAN please comot agbada or ISIAGU and chiftancy and put on kaki. you have 4 more years and after your 4 years hand over to IMO, ANANBARA, ABIA OR ENUGU . more over mr. president dont u think it is better to allow peace to rain bye allowing BIAFRANS to go while you remain president to the ABOKIES AND OFENMANUS. aboki and ofenmanu don kill me and my people cry cry cry
Re: Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by ikeyman00(m): 11:19am On Jun 27, 2010
@@@@@@

well they could say what they want but the nigerian press should note this as well

yes the fact that oga Jonathan is there implie in accordance the 419 the more u look-consitution he is only completing the northern tenure; so by and large he has the right to constest as for the next ternure really should be south-south/south-east

but would criminal mind let them see after all no body prayfor yaradua's death

so all those self-acclaimed northerner seeking prominence whats up
Re: Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by jmoore(m): 11:39am On Jun 27, 2010
Only someone who is less than a mediocre will agree to zoning. How has zoning brought development? Nothing. I am from Anambra and I don't mind if in the next 100 years all our presidents comes from the north as far as they can deliver good roads, steady and sufficient power, good education,employment,strong economy and more. But that it is not the case because they are looting and sucking this nation dry. Moreover PDP does not write the Nigerian constitution
Re: Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by md4real(m): 11:50am On Jun 27, 2010
landtraza:

north de comot kaki put agbada, JOHNATHAN please comot agbada or ISIAGU and chiftancy and put on kaki. you have 4 more years and after your 4 years hand over to IMO, ANANBARA, ABIA OR ENUGU .  more over mr. president dont u think it is better to allow peace to rain bye allowing BIAFRANS to go while you remain president to the ABOKIES AND OFENMANUS. aboki and ofenmanu don kill me and my people cry cry cry
shege! Like say na only you wan rule Nigeria.
fugocisse:

NOW THIS IS GETTING SERIOUS! angry THESE NORTHERNERS REALLY THINK THEY OWN NIGERIA! WHO IS ABDULSALAMI TO BE EMULATED? ABDUSALAMY WAS JUST ANOTHER CRIMINAL WHO USED THE ISSUE OF RELENTING POWER BUT THEN LOOT NIGERIA DRY JUST LIKE HIS OTHER NORTHERN BROTHERHOODS.

IF SOMEBODY (JONATHAN)  FROM THE SOUTH-SOUTH SO THEY CALL IT( BUT WE ALL IN THAT ZONE KNOWS THE TRUTH) IS NOT WORTHY TO RULE NIGERIA THEN I THINK THEIR OIL IS NOT WORTHY TO BE USED BY THESE NORTHERN BRAINWASHED POLITICIANS FOR THEIR OWN PERSONAL GREED.

THE TRUTH IS THAT I BELIEVE IN ONE UNITED NIGERIA! WHAT I DISLIKE IS A GROUP OF MORONS FROM THE NORTH WHOM AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHER FELLOW COMPATRIOT AND GOOD PEOPLE OF THE NORTH WILL CONVAGE JUST TO LOOT NIGERIA DRY, WE WANT DEVELOPMENTS AND GROWTH IN NIGERIA BUT AM SORRY WITH THE KIND OF POLITICIANS THE NORTH ARE HAVING NOW THEY SHOULD GO AND SIT AT THE CONNER FOR SOMEONE ELSE FROM ANOTHER ANGLE TO LEAD US AND SEE WHAT MIGHT COME OUT FROM IT.

LOOK AT THE RATE OF POVERTY IN THE NORTHERN STATE AND WITH PROBLEM OF ALMAJIRI WHICH THEY CREAT TO HAVE THEIR FELLOW KINGSMEN  IN ABSOLUTE POVERTY SO THAT THEY FEW WILL DINNE ALONE AND MARRY THEIR DAUGHTERS AMONG THEM SELFS, NORTHERNERS!!!! YOU SHOULD RISE AGAINST THESE NORTHEN MORONIC POLITICIANCE WHO ARE DRAGGING YOU PEOPLE BACKWARDS angry angry angry
kai, you have spoken my mind. Those our so called northern cabals are nothing but much of criminal with only their selfish interest to serve. For instance, Niger state produce two criminals in form of IBB AND ABDULSALAM. Yet the state's situation is worse because it lacks meaningful development in all spheres
Princek12:

I am begin to get increasingly frustrated by how these Northerners think they own Nigeria, and how they put their own self-serving interests ahead of national interests. These malos. Shouldn't each candidate (whether from the North or South) have the right to contest in an election, and let the candidate who receives the most votes win the election? And for this to come from Jubril Aminu, a professor, shows you how these malos think.

How I hope Nigeria should split so they can rule themselves.
it because of morons like you that drives me crazy no nairaland. You think say everybody for north na Malo ne? Homogeneous language does not mean we are all the same. You have what it take, try divide Nigeria. I beg before embarking on such mission, ask those that witness biafra.
seanet02:

must contest? yes at least it is his constitutional right. Must win? Nope let him hold on to his electoral reform promises on free and fair elections. My own bastards should contest if they think they are popular enough.
Re: Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by slap1(m): 11:58am On Jun 27, 2010
The North gets more jittery by the day. Why not stop 'begging' Jonathan and plan on fielding a strong candidate against him? They have no faith in a rotten electoral system which they helped set up.
Re: Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by md4real(m): 12:00pm On Jun 27, 2010
sammyzacks:

objectively speaking, the old quack might be right. First, the diverse nature of this country might have contributed to his thought. The north had monopolised power during the military era and would have continued because of their influence in the early years of our democracy. Now OBJ served 8year and still wanted a third term representing the south. Yaradua may his soul rest in peace took over for the north which ought to serve for 8years but could not. This brought jonathan into the picture. Sincerely speaking guys, is the equation balanced? I guess that is an issue for another day
also, somebody should tell the old prof to vacate his senate seat for younger blood who  does not perceive the world to still be in 18th century.
Re: Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by IRAPADA(m): 1:02pm On Jun 27, 2010
Jubri aminu shd sht his dirty mouth,al d northerner that ve rule what ve they done 4 nigeria is not loot dem dey loot our money
Re: Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by damilola15: 1:02pm On Jun 27, 2010
Advising him to emulate Abdulsalami is implying that he should steal a large sum of money and laying low in a corner. Just because we are not talking doesnt mean we don't know that Abdulsalami stole our money.
Re: Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by jupita: 1:29pm On Jun 27, 2010
slap1:

The North gets more jittery by the day. Why not stop 'begging' Jonathan and plan on fielding a strong candidate against him? They have no faith in a rotten electoral system which they helped set up.
nice post
Re: Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by fugocisse: 1:35pm On Jun 27, 2010
fellow nigerians! we need one another to move ahead, we need unity to progress and we need all the zones for our dear country GREAT NIGERIA to attain greatness, what we dont need are those criminals looting our country dry, we have them in the west, we have them in the east we have them in the south .but more of them from the north,
only if our northern brothers mostly the youths will realise how these old men are destroying their future for their own selfish intrest, and then turn back to embrace us in the south they wont see the way foward!

the truth about nigeria is that we need one another to survive, but we must do away with divide and rule its killing us, and tribalism too.

please brothers lets give jonathan a chance he will set the pace for a good governance,

nigeria we hail thee,
Re: Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by adconline(m): 2:03pm On Jun 27, 2010
all of a sudden Jibril Aminu who took millions in brides from Seimens is now an authoritative figure on credibility and morality.
Re: Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by sweetonyx(m): 2:13pm On Jun 27, 2010
somebody wants president jonathan to emulate abdulsalam(owner of dana air,floated with looted funds)
that means he is asking jonathan to steal, hmnnnnnn.not a gud idea
pls joe go for it, contest and win
Re: Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by landtraza(m): 2:26pm On Jun 27, 2010
md4real:

shege! Like say na only you wan rule Nigeria.kai, you have spoken my mind. Those our so called northern cabals are nothing but much of criminal with only their selfish interest to serve. For instance, Niger state produce two criminals in form of IBB AND ABDULSALAM. Yet the state's situation is worse because it lacks meaningful development in all spheresit because of morons like you that drives me crazy no nairaland. You think say everybody for north na Malo ne? Homogeneous language does not mean we are all the same. You have what it take, try divide Nigeria. I beg before embarking on such mission, ask those that witness biafra.must contest? yes at least it is his constitutional right. Must win? Nope let him hold on to his electoral reform promises on free and fair elections. My own bastards should contest if they think they are popular enough.
STRONZO MBECILE, FANKULO, TESTA DI CASSO, MEDA. ONYE OSII, MAYALI, POLLO, FILIO DI BUTANA, what good have ever come from you and your brothers ANIMALI.  look YOU SON OF A CAW EUROPE  HAVE SWALLOWED THE MONEY STOLEN BY YOU AND YOUR BROTHERS.  if you guys no repent and beg for forgiveness THE NORTHERN PART OF NIGERIA WILL BE FORGOTTEN LIKE SODOM AND GORMORAH, EVEN BETTER TO BECOME BARBILON.  PORCO CANI  STRANERI ABOKI MALLAM CASSO DI MAYALI. MATO BIN IN HUMAN FORM. YOU GUYS THINK WE A CAWS.WHEN WE ARE GONE YOU MALLAMS CAN EAT GROUNDNUT  AND CAW , BAD NEWS IN ALL THINGS EVEN FOOTBALL. cry angry I HATE YOU ALL angry
Re: Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by EzeUche(m): 2:38pm On Jun 27, 2010
This is getting serious, we know these people wont stop until they get power so President Jonathan needs to tread softly. I am getting worried for him.
Re: Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by landtraza(m): 2:42pm On Jun 27, 2010
fugocisse:

fellow nigerians! we need one another to move ahead, we need unity to progress and we need all the zones for our dear country GREAT NIGERIA to attain greatness, what we dont need are those criminals looting our country dry, we have them in the west, we have them in the east we have them in the south .but more of them from the north,
only if our northern brothers mostly the youths will realise how these old men are destroying their future for their own selfish intrest, and then turn back to embrace us in the south they wont see the way foward!

the truth about nigeria is that we need one another to survive, but we must do away with divide and rule its killing us, and tribalism too.

please brothers lets give jonathan a chance he will set the pace for a good governance,

nigeria we hail thee,
you are an interlectual man and your words bring hope on paper, but this PIG never see u as brothers, and who cares what we need from them, we can buy groundnut and caw and ram with no problems angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by bisiaet: 3:12pm On Jun 27, 2010
[b]I am so sick of all these Northren this northern that what a hell is all these noise about for goodness sake. For God sake is Nigeria one party state that the issue of presidency is now hanged on one nasty agreement and so on that has engulfed our political scene since inception of Jonathan. This so called agreement, please you these Northern whatever this nasty agreement was primarily PDP stuffs not all parties or Nigeria agreement please sort that out with those who had such agreement with you and stop bothering any body for zoning argument.

Jonathan has every right to contest if he desres to so please you northern whaever you call yourselve Nigeria is not your property ok so if you are not happy with Jonathan contesting if he wish then you can burst. They just talk as if presidency is their birth rght and by the way who gave you the North even the authority to be the one dictating who rule or who should not or who runs and who should not? You people make me sick.

All Nigerians as seen what you got and what you stand for during Yardua sickness saga no one trusted you people any longer all you want is to wreck this country but God will not allow you anylonger. You North as be ruling this nation for so long from military to democracy so why are you now getting upset for no reason because someone rule eight years because he was from south west please who sent him and you such message or such agreement does the OBJ represent the south west at all? So who sent you the so called North and OBJ? I think nobody.

So if an Ibo man want to contest he should go ahead, if Yoruba man want to contest let him come out, if any man from Niger Delta wanted he is free to do so let all thse noise as per zonning goes to hell. But you see this so called Aminu he should just SHAAARRRRAAAAPPPPPPPP!!!. But for all these vulture heads Northerners or whatever no game anylonger we dont trust your desperation any longer you can not deceive Nigerians again we are sick of you and tired of seen your faces in the Aso Rock for the time being take this or do your worst nobody cares.[/b]
Re: Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by anonimi: 3:39pm On Jun 27, 2010
sammyzacks:

why is old prof asking a question he knows the usual answer to- kill him
abi, is it not pdp- people destroying people party also decribed as den of killers
oh, maybe they have tried and failed several times to kill joe but im goodluck no gree dem. that's why he's asking us what do we do with Jonathan?
Someone should ask him to define the we in his question.
upon all the school wey the old man go so tey dem give am prof, na so im still dey think?
Re: Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by redsun(m): 4:02pm On Jun 27, 2010
To the ruling nigerian kleptomaniac,nigeria is a cult not a country and the masses are nothing but tools of worship.
Re: Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by fegflu: 4:15pm On Jun 27, 2010
Jubril Aminu has always been a nuisance with his comment. Try to watch his interviews- he always makes no sense wen he talks. He is an old conservative that thinks becos he has always been in govt he has answers to state issues. If i have my chance all these ex this and ex that will be chased by the EFCC and be incaserated.
Look at the level of development that has come to us in the last 8 years as a result of a southern person. The benefit is ten times more than the developments that has come to nigeria in the many years of MALU MILITARY GOVERNMENT.
They are very backward.
Re: Jonathan Should Emulate Abdulsalami —jibril Aminu by CarlosVent(m): 4:19pm On Jun 27, 2010
AMINU SHULD GO AND REST.

NO WONDER HE IS ANTI-JONATHAN

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Confirm Attack On Oshiomhole’s Convoy / What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? / How I Was Approached By PDP Media Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.