Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,412 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

What Do You Understand By The Trinity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Understand By The Trinity? (2020 Views)

The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. / What Do You Understand By Ash Wednesday? / What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by Omooba77: 7:44am On Aug 26, 2018
So many people are confused and they think Christians worship three 'Gods'; God the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.
Please what is your understanding of the Trinity?
Happy Sunday!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by Shelumiel: 7:50am On Aug 26, 2018
There is nothing like the word Trinity; it is just a concept . A concept which every TRUE Christian must acknowledge.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by eezeribe(m): 7:55am On Aug 26, 2018
If the Bible is supreme and infallible as most ignorant Christians claim...
Then what is the essence of different people having different understanding of a particular biblical concept...
Re: What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by hopefulLandlord: 8:39am On Aug 26, 2018
Typing
Re: What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by Seun(m): 8:40am On Aug 26, 2018
It's a nifty concept that allows us to treat Jesus and God as the same person or as different people depending on which is more convenient.

When worshipping or praying to Jesus, it's not idolatry because Jesus is God. God's oneness, as declared in the Old Testament isn't violated.

OTOH, when Jesus cries "my God, my God why have you forsaken me?", it makes perfect sense because Jesus and God are different people.

"I and the Father are one" - the same person.
"My father is greater than I" - different people.
"Before Abraham was, I am" - the same person.
"Nobody knows the day or the hour, not even the son, only the Father knows" - different people.

22 Likes 14 Shares

Re: What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by Liveair: 8:43am On Aug 26, 2018
It was a term coined by the Council of Bishops, instituted by the Roman Empire to explain the contradictions therein about the godship and yet sonship of a supposed Jesus.

However, no part of the bible explicitly defines trinity.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by sureheaven(m): 8:43am On Aug 26, 2018
God the father....
God the Son and ....
God the Joly spirit.
Re: What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by Millz404(m): 8:44am On Aug 26, 2018
God the Father, God the son and God the Holy Spirit impersonating each other

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by Hakeem12(m): 8:44am On Aug 26, 2018
The Bible teaches that God is in one essence and three in Persons. One what and three who’s. There is one God, Deut 6:4. The Father is God, Jesus is God John 8:58 and the Holy Spirit is God Acts 5:3–4.

All our earthly illustrations fall short. Water can exist in three states but it is still H2O. A man can be a father, a son and a brother at the same time. The shamrock has one leaf and three parts. A triangle has three sides but those three sides make up one triangle. Those are some of the inadequate analogies I have heard.

I realize that many people especially Muslims and Jews think Christian worship three Gods not One. I realize that the word “Trinity” does not occur in Bible. However, orthodox Christians believe that the Bible teaches that God is One and exists in Three Persons.

Post script:Although some still say our fallen finite minds cannot fully understand the Trinity

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:45am On Aug 26, 2018
GOD THE FATHER.
GOD THE SON.
GOD THE SPIRIT.
Re: What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by Proffdada: 8:45am On Aug 26, 2018
Roman Catholic invention of paganism grin

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by victorazyvictor(m): 8:46am On Aug 26, 2018
3 arms of God
Re: What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by Elnino4ladies: 8:46am On Aug 26, 2018
It doesn't appear in the Bible

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by Doerstech(m): 8:46am On Aug 26, 2018
Seun:
It's a nifty concept that allows us to treat Jesus and God as the same person or as different people depending on which is more convenient.

When worshipping or praying to Jesus, it's not idolatry because Jesus is God. God's oneness, as declared in the Old Testament isn't violated.

OTOH, when Jesus cries "my God, my God why have you forsaken me?", it makes perfect sense because Jesus and God are different people.

"Nobody knows the day or the hour, not even the son, only the Father knows" - different people.

Can you elaborate on this...
Re: What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by Youngzedd(m): 8:46am On Aug 26, 2018
Seun:

This one you're breaking it down, Oboy u don repent

Valid points though.
Re: What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 26, 2018
a false doctrine which was brought by the roman's Catholic

8 Likes

Re: What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by jyz200(m): 8:47am On Aug 26, 2018
It take the holy spirit to understand and comprehend d bible Trinity exist and is real
Re: What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by kelvyn7: 8:47am On Aug 26, 2018
shocked
Re: What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by imohchard(m): 8:48am On Aug 26, 2018
The scripture is clear on this facts:
1. God, his name Yahweh or Jehovah is the supreme being. He has no superior, he has no EQUALS. he was never created.
2. Jesus Christ is God's son. He was created by Yahweh. He has powers, but his powers has limits, because he is not the almighty.
3. The holy Spirit is not a person. It's a force. The force God used in Creation and to do other things. Thing of it as God's power.
This all makes perfect sense. The scripture makes logical sense.
The concept of Trinity is a devilish doctrine by apostate christiandom to stain the clear and pure truth of the scriptures.

Come to think of it , who would want us to believe that God alone is not the all powerful? You guess right...The devil.

The propaganda of Trinity is from the devil himself.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by victorazyvictor(m): 8:48am On Aug 26, 2018
Seun:

Making sense...but your story never end, plz continue.
Re: What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by englishmart(m): 8:48am On Aug 26, 2018
The Trinity topic is one topic that can never be clearly expatiated. How can three be one, people usually ask?
You try to explain, at a point you confuse yourself, and be like "hope they didn't notice that error"
Just leave this topic, make the topic leave you

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by Doerstech(m): 8:49am On Aug 26, 2018
For me I know theres

1) God the Father....Jehovah

2) God the Son.....Jesus Christ

And God the Holyspirit...

The Father...forebares the Son...The Son points us back to the Father....The Holy Spirit testifies of the Son...
Re: What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by adeblow(m): 8:49am On Aug 26, 2018
Seun:

You have just confused me the more
Re: What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by elnath(m): 8:50am On Aug 26, 2018
The doctrine of Trinity is a pagan concept brought into Christianity to make it compatible with the religions of ancient Rome. The Bible consistently teaches that there is a singular supreme being. He does not share his Godheadship with any being.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by Doerstech(m): 8:51am On Aug 26, 2018
Jesse01:
God the father God the son God the only spirit are all three different individuals undecided
Working in one purpose..
Re: What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by Lomprico2: 8:51am On Aug 26, 2018
imohchard:
Paganism
So jesus is not God again.
Re: What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by sKeetz(m): 8:52am On Aug 26, 2018
just some gibberish Christians say that they can't explain.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by Tajbol4splend(m): 8:53am On Aug 26, 2018
Do we have that word explained in the Bible
Re: What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by AngelicBeing: 8:55am On Aug 26, 2018
Seun:

Flesh and blood has not revealed this to you but my Father in Heaven, and Seun will use Nairaland to propagate the everlasting gospel of Jesus Christ, I know you are an Atheist, you either obey the Master of the universe or you will be flogged with heavenly koboko like Apostle Paul and you will use this platform to preach the goodness of Jehovah tongue

Re: What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by MaziOmenuko: 8:55am On Aug 26, 2018
Unbiblical concept that masked idolatory practice in the name of Christianity by the catholic church. Yet accepted by lots of Christians, each giving it their own definition, yet nothing biblical to sustain the concept.

Btw, it's so funny that people don't understand sarcasm anymore. See as Seun used sarcasm to tear down the concept of trinity yet he is being hailed by Christians. Lol...
Re: What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by rekinomtla(m): 8:56am On Aug 26, 2018
Seun:

Get your facts right. You confusing the heresy of modalism with trinitarianism. Modalism says God is one person, trinitarism always maintains he is three.
Re: What Do You Understand By The Trinity? by easytouch030: 9:00am On Aug 26, 2018
Never be confuse about word Trinity. It just a concept and a single person acting in different capacity. Is like a man be a father to his children and son to his father and the same man a spirit after his departure. Jesus said in the book of John that He will send an holy spirit which will teach us everything. He also said holy spirit will no come until he goes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Church Of England To INVEST 10.5 Billion Dollar Into Marijuana. / New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact / The Mistakes Of Constantine That Birthed The Trinity Doctrine, Paganism With Chr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.