Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,550 members, 7,850,879 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:24 AM

2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west (27251 Views)

Restructuring: I Won’t Cede Power To Those Who Didn't Win Elections - Buhari / North Will Not Cede Power To South In 2023 — Arewa Youth Consultative Forum / Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Shukuakukobambi: 8:28pm On Aug 26, 2018
Throwback:

I'm loving your objective and pin point responses to infantile emotions.

The bolded is best known to them who hold on to a past that others have well moved on from.

With time, the arrogance in them will be overcome by the humility they vehemently detest.

Everyone who embraces a politics of widespread consultation among the diverse tribes of the country is mocked as a slave, yet they want the presidency while berating everyone who hold the numbers to vote for them, even going as far as berating any of their own kin who is not clannish and stand a better chance at appealing to the support of a diverse electorate.

Thanks brother. If you want to see ostriches, just go to their enclave. I've not seeing folks who revel so much in self delusion cheesy

Till tomorrow, they're praying and working for the APC and buhari to fail but their posture here is "in case you don't fail o, remember you must give us the ticket in 2023". What kind of selfishness and self centeredness is that?

How do people get so bloated on dumb arrogance like that?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by ojobek: 8:32pm On Aug 26, 2018
PEOPLE THAT ARE CONDEMNING SARAKI FOR HAVING AMBITION ARE THE ONE DEFENDING TINUBU. SHAME ON YOU.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by omnisali: 8:52pm On Aug 26, 2018
it is clear that Buhari has failed, yet these men r wooing people to vote him to continue failin

I thought Jonathan was defeated for good governance sake

has credible candidates finish in APC camp or in Nigeria with all her technocrats.

chei!

what is wrong with this part of Africa. Ba sense.

dear God,

may I not reason like most Nigerians

convincing a nation to vote massively for a failed government.

Yes, I believe in Biafra.

I'll always celebrate with Nigeria and wish her well.

I'm not Ipob and I've never been.

dear Nigerians

pls wish for good governance and discuss ur nation less the cycle continue
Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Jaideyone(m): 9:08pm On Aug 26, 2018
jomonic:

Yes that is the only way. Just like in 1999, head or tail the ballots yielded a Yoruba. Please don't also forget that the Yoruba did not take part in voting the PDP in 1999 but had the guts to claim the presidency after OBJ was crowned. Remember the famous statement from one of the sons of the SW who said that PDP was implementing Afenifere agenda. So if it is about reaping where you did not sow please don't go there.
stop making a fool of yourself.

ekwueme ran against Obasanjo for PDP ticket.

tell your Ibo brothers in APC to fight for the ticket. stop crying to be pitied

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Jaideyone(m): 9:12pm On Aug 26, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Why are u forcing ur self to be delusional

He never arm twisted or said him or igbos will arm twist apc to give igbos ticket.

If u have eye problems, get glasses n re-read it.
who is this illiterate?

it's like several friends investing in a business while one of them pulled out but the timid one coming to cry about being cheated when the profit from such business is realised.

ibos like you used the same analogy when secondus emerged PDP chairman against the wish of the southwest PDP!!!

ibos are minority in APC. tinubu sacrificed a lot to birth APC. he deserves his spoil of war

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 26, 2018
Jaideyone:
who is this illiterate?

what ibos now is tantamount to several friends investing in a business while one of them pulled out but the timid one coming to cry about being cheated when the profit from such business realised.

ibos like you used the same analogy when secondus emerged PDP chairman against the wish of the southwest PDP!!!

ibos are minority in APC. tinubu sacrificed a lot to birth APC. he deserves his spoil of war

More wild posts.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by phase1: 10:06pm On Aug 26, 2018
bjnice:

Where did you learn this elementary politics ur teacher is an half-bake oo, So in 1993 when M.K.O Abiola beat Tofa Bashir mercilessly in the north, a original northern for that matter. Even in Tofa State. Even baba OBJ beat late Abubakar Rimi, Solomon Lar, Sen Barnabas Gemade in PDP primary with wide margin, he still end up to beat Buhari even in the North. So what is ur point na.

You still don't get it, do you.

Ethnic and religious factors in politics have come to stay in today's politics. There can never be a yoruba politian popular outside his region enough to beat a northerner in the north.

As long as the north field a northerner against yoruba, the yoruba man will have to lose. The north will vote a donkey from the north before they'll vote a non-northerner for presidency. Your greed and hate for Igbo will give the north a chance to rule forever and I trust they'll take it.

There is nowhere in the constitution that says power must rotate north-south. I myself don't like the current nigerian political arrangement but what I can I do. It is the nijeriyya you want. cheesy cheesy

Don't hate the player, hate the game. In sophisticated politics all is fair. No yoruba presidency before Eastern presidency, that's sacrosanct. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by oruma19: 10:11pm On Aug 26, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Right now we know and are sure Presidency is coming to SW behind Buhari but we don't know who.

It would naturally be just to say Prof Osinbajo will become President. Underneath rumours is that UN and EU has taken notice of him and might offer a advanced position on global influence.

So too early to conclude Tinubu will go in, though he is a contender.

Moreover, Prof is from Ogun State. Yoruba wants to field candidates outside Ogun.

bro, there is no beta candidate right now than the Prof. The truth is that he would allow his oga (Tinubu) take the slot because the prof has no iota of disloyalty in him. Nigerians would be surprised at the progress we would make when Tinny eventually becomes President. I love that team Tinubu has created Iver the years, if given the chance they will turn this country around. As for the ibis, I think they had beta start planning on how to support the ruling party so that they will have a case to clinch to the presidency in another 20 yrs. 2039 is sure for the ibos, I can beat my chest to say that. Let ibosbleave opposition and be wise.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Akanbiedu(m): 10:14pm On Aug 26, 2018
Ijeshaooduaman:
I like the way Nigeria is going. The country will disintegrate soon.
The reality is that Ibos cannot be president. This is the truth. Nobody will vote Ibos as president. As a Yoruba, I can't vote an Ibo. Look at the way they destroyed Jonathan administration with their tribalism, nepotism, and their arrogant disrepecful attitude. People hated Jonathan because of Ibos. Nothing more!
The Ibos should just concentrate on their Biafra because they will never rule Nigeria.

Ijesha man no doubt!

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Ovamboland(m): 10:17pm On Aug 26, 2018
phase1:

You still don't get it, do you.

Ethnic and religious factors in politics have stay in today's politics. There can never be a yoruba politics popular outside his region enough to beat a northerner in the north.

As long the north field a northerner against yoruba, the yoruba man will have to lose. The north will vote a donkey from the north before they'll vote a non-northerner for presidency. You greed and hate for Igbo will give them a chance to rule forever and I trust they'll take it. There is nowhere in the constitution that says power must rotate north-south. I myself don't like the arrangement but what I can I do. It is the nijeriyya you want. cheesy cheesy

Don't hate the player, hate the game. In sophisticated politics all is fair. No yoruba presidency before Eastern presidency, that's sacrosanct. cheesy

And it is those same northerners you expect to vote for the eastern candidate?

Are you not worse than confused?

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by phase1: 10:22pm On Aug 26, 2018
oruma19:
bro, there is no beta candidate right now than the Prof. The truth is that he would allow his oga (Tinubu) take the slot because the prof has no iota of disloyalty in him. Nigerians would be surprised at the progress we would make when Tinny eventually becomes President. I love that team Tinubu has created Iver the years, if given the chance they will turn this country around. As for the ibis, I think they had beta start planning on how to support the ruling party so that they will have a case to clinch to the presidency in another 20 yrs. 2039 is sure for the ibos, I can beat my chest to say that. Let ibosbleave opposition and be wise.

This one is working very hard to fool Igbos with his 2 Kb brain. Oga you no dey hear English? yoruba can't be president before the East. They've had their turn, and if your Tinubu comes out for presidency he'll be thrashed he will be heavily campaingned against thrashed mercilessly by the North and East. The million dollar loots he is stashing away as war chest won't save him. You can't wish that away.

This is the reality we are faced with, we don't need to fight it, we need to just accept it.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by phase1: 10:26pm On Aug 26, 2018
Ovamboland:

Can't you yoruba muslim APC dumbfuccks read? Are you guys this dense? Who is talking about Eastern presidency, even IPOB that you hate so much agrees with you that Igbo presidency is irrelevant. How many times do I have to drum into your thick cranium?

We are talking about the near impossibility of a yoruba presidency in currently Ethno-religiously conscious and charged politicosphere of nigeria. Yorubas think they can sideline the Igbos successfully and then accrue presidency even after OBJ presidency, they'll will be dealt a very heavy blow at the polls. Where will they get their votes? Almajiri? Omo ibos of the Eastern region? grin

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 26, 2018
Jaideyone:
stop making a fool of yourself.

ekwueme ran against Obasanjo for PDP ticket.

tell your Ibo brothers in APC to fight for the ticket. stop crying to be pitied

Your insult will not make your wrong position right. APC has one way forward. An Igbo as presidential flag bearer.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Olabestonic001(m): 10:42pm On Aug 26, 2018
phase1:

You are not a good student of history, because if you were you'll know that the old Eastern region have always voted as one since 1999.
The same East you call 'irrelevant' ensured that your murdeous Awolowo never became president after the war when he contested against Shagari and Ekwueme. The records are there for your perusal except you want to deceive yourself so you can be happy enough to throw Amala into your mouth and sleep well at nite. We've studied nigerian politics in and out when you were still feeding on cerelac. cheesy

No yoruba man have been elected president without the North and East. Check the books and come back.
Buhari is powerhungry and northocentric, he will always support a northerner over southerner, again the records are there. His argument to justify throwing tinubu under the bus will be that there is no where in the nigerian constitution that say power may rotate between south and north and that nigerian constitution is above party constitution. Some of started discussing nigerian politics and reading newspapers before you learnt how to walk. cheesy

So my brother, stop wasting your time. You can't eat you cake and still have it. Tinubu can't be president, the odds are heavily stacked against him. Even your brothers here know it but just don't know how to come to terms with it. grin

Be shooting yourself in the foot while thinking you're smart.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Jaideyone(m): 11:02pm On Aug 26, 2018
jomonic:

Your insult will not make your wrong position right. APC has one way forward. An Igbo as presidential flag bearer.
you mean your people want to reap where they didn't sow? grin

and what do you mean one way forward? grin you are just too naive.

APC doesn't need any Ibo presidential candidate on 2023!!!

6 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 26, 2018
Jaideyone:
you mean your people want to reap where they didn't sow? grin

and what do you mean one way forward? grin you are just too naive.

APC doesn't need any Ibo presidential candidate on 2023!!!

But I have explained this to you in an earlier post. Are u hard of hearing. Please get some sleep to have a better appreciation in the morning. OK.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Sharpsword: 11:31pm On Aug 26, 2018
phase1:

Can't you yoruba muslim APC dumbfuccks read? Are you guys this dense? Who is talking about Eastern presidency, even IPOB that you hate so much agrees with you that Igbo presidency is irrelevant. How many times do I have to drum into your thick cranium?

We are talking about the near impossibility of a yoruba presidency in currently Ethno-religiously conscious and charged politicosphere of nigeria. Yorubas think they can sideline the Igbos successfully and then accrue presidency even after OBJ presidency, they'll will be dealt a very heavy blow at the polls. Where will they get their votes? Almajiri? Omo ibos of the Eastern region? grin
Stop fooling yourself pls, you saying this a this a thousand times will not make it any more true, I wonder if you keep writing this nonsense to make yourself believe this.I can imagine you hoping,praying against all odds for this to happen.Don't worry by 2023 we shall see how it pans out.cheers!

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by BabaRamota1980: 12:51am On Aug 27, 2018
phase1:

Emotional yorubaman. cheesy

You can't stampede the East into doing your bidding, it has never worked, will never work. Trying to do so will always make you frustrated, the East have not argued with you about the possibility of Igbo presidency. Even the IPOB you hate agree with you on the the irrelevance of Igbo presidency (albeit to your chagrin cheesy ).

The issue is will a yoruba ever be president before an Igbo?
Who will vote yoruba when faced with northern heavyweights?

Is it the north who will always vote their own Tambuwal or Markafi over yoruba? cheesy

Or the Igbos who they keep mocking over the presidency? cheesy

Or the SS whom they keep refering as Drunks, militants and they voted against their son GEJ, calling him 'otuoke fisherman', jonaadaft etc?

You see my brother, this na serious dilenma so. yoruba presidency is no longer feasible. Maybe opposition is your lifelong calling. cheesy

So let us put our hands together and ensure the North rules for the next 50 years so that naijerriya can be powerful and developed than America. grin

With or without FG, SW functions, politically, economically, socially. We have proven this continously since 1957 till date.

Who is SE, who is North.....

Where was your SE or your North when ACN performance in SW region outshined the FG performance under GEJ, for the duration of his whole 4yr term?

If there is any region in Nigeria that would not miss Nigeria if it disintegrated its Yorubas.

So Yoruba will even make sure that after we finish our term in 2031 and it goes back North, the VP will come again from SS, an Edo this time.

The earliest it will be Ibo's turn is after the Edoman had served as President and it returned North and after they had finished and it came South again. The calculation is same whether APC or PDP. You are looking at 2040 if you begin count next year. This is assuming you remain calm and sensible. If you loose your sanity between now and then you are looking at another elongated dry season.....possibly after year 3000.

5 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by BabaRamota1980: 1:02am On Aug 27, 2018
Ovamboland:

You dey mind the looney...

They cant even stop python but he thinks they can stop Yoruba.

It only takes a single change of policy in Lagos and we will crumble Ibo backbone permanently. Just a single policy in Yorubaland. The food embargo will be a child's play. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Mrexcell(m): 2:19am On Aug 27, 2018
alizma:
SOUTH EAST: IS IT NOT TOO LATE?
I have read the recent transmissions by Senator Bukola Saraki directed at my Igbo tribe. I have deliberately kept mum on this as I had earlier resolved to speak less on Igbos as regards the 2019 Elections and 2023 Presidency having said quite a bit.
However seeing as some of my brethren have swallowed the cheap bait, I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake. Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine.
My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'.
REWIND TO 2014.
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance.
'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.
We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence. The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.
Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.
That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did.
Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'. We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.
We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.
Fast forward to where we are today. Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more.
Now barely 5 months to another election, we have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023". "Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.
Of course. We will believe Saraki, who has only but a fanthom dream of becoming President and whose only known record is selfishness but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.
It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has not even finished one tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma.
NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023?
On what grounds?
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone?
Is it an appeasement or a gift?
The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested.
Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game.
As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.
For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. I heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?
I really don't care what Saraki writes or says because they've all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.
I've learnt not to bother myself anymore to avoid unnecessary abuse from nonentities . As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it.
Ka Chineke mezie okwu.
(c) Dr Uche Diala

What the average Igboman truely wants is a restructured Nigeria or better still a biafra republic where there will be equity, peace and justice not the presidency that will generate more hatred and endanger the lives of innocent igbo pple that are currently living outside igboland.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Rashdimuh(m): 2:36am On Aug 27, 2018
alizma:
SOUTH EAST: IS IT NOT TOO LATE?
I have read the recent transmissions by Senator Bukola Saraki directed at my Igbo tribe. I have deliberately kept mum on this as I had earlier resolved to speak less on Igbos as regards the 2019 Elections and 2023 Presidency having said quite a bit.
However seeing as some of my brethren have swallowed the cheap bait, I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake. Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine.
My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'.
REWIND TO 2014.
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance.
'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.
We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence. The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.
Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.
That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did.
Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'. We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.
We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.
Fast forward to where we are today. Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more.
Now barely 5 months to another election, we have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023". "Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.
Of course. We will believe Saraki, who has only but a fanthom dream of becoming President and whose only known record is selfishness but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.
It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has not even finished one tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma.
NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023?
On what grounds?
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone?
Is it an appeasement or a gift?
The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested.
Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game.
As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.
For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. I heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?
I really don't care what Saraki writes or says because they've all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.
I've learnt not to bother myself anymore to avoid unnecessary abuse from nonentities . As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it.
Ka Chineke mezie okwu.
(c) Dr Uche Diala
Trust Saraki at your peril, even his kinsmen do not trust him
Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by phase1: 5:33am On Aug 27, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

With or without FG, SW functions, politically, economically, socially. We have proven this continously since 1957 till date.

Who is SE, who is North.....

Where was your SE or your North when ACN performance in SW region outshined the FG performance under GEJ, for the duration of his whole 4yr term?

If there is any region in Nigeria that would not miss Nigeria if it disintegrated its Yorubas.

So Yoruba will even make sure that after we finish our term in 2031 and it goes back North, the VP will come again from SS, an Edo this time.

The earliest it will be Ibo's turn is after the Edoman had served as President and it returned North and after they had finished and it came South again. The calculation is same whether APC or PDP. You are looking at 2040 if you begin count next year. This is assuming you remain calm and sensible. If you loose your sanity between now and then you are looking at another elongated dry season.....possibly after year 3000.

yoruba cannot make themselves president, yet you expect them to make another region president? Lmao! grin
Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Samtob90(m): 6:26am On Aug 27, 2018
eezeribe:
They should have known already, even before 2015...
APC has no consideration for the South East, even in the smallest capacity....

Which one be consideration self? If na automatic, no need for election then
Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Samtob90(m): 6:28am On Aug 27, 2018
TMemos:
The Igbos need to determine what exactly they want. They pass out contradictory messages too much.

They say they want Biafra or nothing.

In this report, they are worried that Presidency may not come their way in 2023.

They say they don't need the Presidency to develop.

They say they don't want APC, that APC will lose in 2019 and yet are worried about APC's choice for the Presidency in 2023.

Confusion!

Edit:

Some of them are saying that it's their politicians and elite who want the Presidency and not their masses. They're saying their masses want Biafra.

Help me ask them: how can their masses get Biafra without the support of their elite and politicians?

Confusion!

They are the most confused specie on earth
Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Naajjii: 7:00am On Aug 27, 2018
Mrexcell:

What the average Igboman truely wants is a restructured Nigeria or better still a biafra republic where there will be equity, peace and justice not the presidency that will generate more hatred and endanger the lives of innocent igbo pple that are currently living outside igboland.
You got to focus on one , you want Biafra
and you want Restrucstured Nigeria on the side, it doesn't work that way. Why not give absolute commitment to one.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by oruma19: 7:00am On Aug 27, 2018
phase1:

This one is working very hard to fool Igbos with his 2 Kb brain. Oga you no dey hear English? yoruba can't be president before the East. They've had their turn, and if your Tinubu comes out for presidency he'll be thrashed he will be heavily campaingned against thrashed mercilessly by the North and East. The million dollar loots he is stashing away as war chest won't save him. You can't wish that away.

This is the reality we are faced with, we don't need to fight it, we need to just accept it.
fools like u is why Nigeria is what it is. U igbos always think u are wise until u become vanquished. That has always been the case from time immemorial. It is this ur lack of respect for elders that made over 2 million people of Ibo extraction die like lizards in the biafra war. U always like to cheat people. How can the south west fight for power and give it to u people to rule, it is impossible. U are lazy short cut takers, go out there and fight for power not trying to claim it on sharing formulae. Tinubu has fought for power and he will rule Nigeria, ibos will kneel down and beg for power until they receive sense to know that u cannot continue to oppose good things and still want to partake in the good of the land. For now and with ur attitude, u will never make it to ask rock, in another 20 yrs. Even when the time comes for u to be pitied, if u don't humble urself, sorry is ur case, we shall give it to the Ogoja or calabar man and still claim its eastern Nigeria. Deal with ur pains u idiots. I only like one Ibo man, the rest are scum. Criminals.. Go and die if e pain u. "Tinubu 2023"

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 27, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

You're thinking things my friend.

I'm a priest of Shuku okuko bambiala and his associated dieties like okuko alawada and okuko alasete. My moniker is the only way I can glorify my gods cheesy

Keep fooling yourself.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by phase1: 8:07am On Aug 27, 2018
oruma19:
fools like u is why Nigeria is what it is. U igbos always think u are wise until u become vanquished. That has always been the case from time immemorial. It is this ur lack of respect for elders that made over 2 million people of Ibo extraction die like lizards in the biafra war. U always like to cheat people. How can the south west fight for power and give it to u people to rule, it is impossible. U are lazy short cut takers, go out there and fight for power not trying to claim it on sharing formulae. Tinubu has fought for power and he will rule Nigeria, ibos will kneel down and beg for power until they receive sense to know that u cannot continue to oppose good things and still want to partake in the good of the land. For now and with ur attitude, u will never make it to ask rock, in another 20 yrs. Even when the time comes for u to be pitied, if u don't humble urself, sorry is ur case, we shall give it to the Ogoja or calabar man and still claim its eastern Nigeria. Deal with ur pains u idiots. I only like one Ibo man, the rest are scum. Criminals.. Go and die if e pain u. "Tinubu 2023"

Awo who was more politicallg savvy and greater than your generation and even tinubu himself made much more noise than you are making now, yet he died without fulfilling his dream of becoming president he rabidly wanted. He died an unhappy man. D

The chicken has come home roost, your insult against the East will now be repaid in full. As long as the north field a candidate even if it is a diseased donkey, yoruba will never be president. You don't have the numbers. You don't have the unilateral power to make yourself president, let alone anyone else. You know it, I know it. cheesy

This is the sophisticated unemotional politics you've always wanted. Stop yelling and embrace 'politico practicum'. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by phase1: 8:20am On Aug 27, 2018
babaolofin:
Breaking News! APC won in all the 27 LG of IMO State in the just concluded local govt election. This is what can guarantee IBO as the Presidential candidate of APC in 2023. If IBO can support APC & advise their people to stop the insult of Hausa & SW, PMB will hand over power to them in 2023. Saraki statement is a deceit to win IBO sympathy. The Ijebus shouted Ole on him at Ojude Oba.

PDP and APGA pulled out because Rochas the Ogboni man rigged the LG elections. It is pure selection jamboree my brother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by famosh: 8:25am On Aug 27, 2018
phase1:

Awo who was more politicallg savvy and greater than your generation and even tinubu himself made much more noise than you are making now, yet he died without fulfilling his dream of becoming president he rabidly wanted. He died an unhappy man. D

The chicken has come home roost, your insult against the East will now be repaid in full. As long as the north field a candidate even if it is a diseased donkey, yoruba will never be president. You don't have the numbers. You don't have the unilateral power to make yourself president, let alone anyone else. You know it, I know it. cheesy

This is the sophisticated unemotional politics you've always wanted. Stop yelling and embrace 'politico practicum'. grin grin

You're obviously too unintelligent & deluded! I've told you a million times to stop covering your unintelligent & emotional talks with smiling emojis! It's highly unnecessary, boy!
By the way, how do you IPIGs always manage to tell delude yourselves with impossibilities & wholeheartedly believe it? Nawa o!

Please, tell us the PDP northern candidate that will defeat Buhari & APC's southwestern presidential candidacy & a northern vice presidential candidacy in 2023!

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by phase1: 8:30am On Aug 27, 2018
famosh:

You're obviously too unintelligent & deluded! I've told you a million times to stop covering your unintelligent & emotional talks with smiling emojis! It's highly unnecessary, boy!
By the way, how do you IPIGs always manage to tell delude yourselves with impossibilities & wholeheartedly believe it? Nawa o!

Please, tell us the PDP northern candidate that will defeat Buhari & APC's southwestern presidential candidacy & a northern vice presidential candidacy in 2023!

If Awolowo was defeated by a combination of north and East, I don't see any living yoruba man clinching the presidency.

Buhari is called king of the north by the media, it is safe to believe he will not support Tinubu over a northerner. That rotation of presidency is not in the constitution will be his argument and he will be right. Drop the emotions and smell the coffee. grin

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by famosh: 8:35am On Aug 27, 2018
phase1:

If Awolowo was defeated by a combination of north and East, I don't see any living yoruba man clinching the presidency.

Buhari is called king of the north by the media, it is safe to believe he will not support Tinubu over a northerner. That rotation of presidency is not in the constitution will be his argument and he will be right. Drop the emotions and smell the coffee. grin
Once again, you don't need emojis to cover up your unintelligent & extremely deluded talks!
Everyone knows the IPIGs are the most irrelevant people in Nigeria then & even right now!

So are you saying Buhari will support another party other than APC & PDP in 2023 since PDP won't also be presenting a northern candidate?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Buhari Has Plans For Additional State In South East, Obiano Tells Ndigbo / Yemi Osinbajo And The 2023 Race / NLC Car Runs Out Of Fuel On Highway (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.