Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,108 members, 7,849,457 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:58 PM

Distance Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Distance Relationship (2687 Views)

Long Distance Relationship Fails: 8 Common Reasons / This Hot Lady Is Seriously In Search Of A Man For Long-distance Relationship / 'Long Distance' Pre-Wedding Photo. See The Height Difference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Distance Relationship by Shugavee(f): 1:57pm On Aug 27, 2018
How do u guys deal with distance relationships,,,,, I am depressed n thinking too much,,, scared my man will fall out of love for me!! We in good terms, we even talked this morning!! But I am still scared!!Any advise
Re: Distance Relationship by dingbang(m): 2:00pm On Aug 27, 2018
Lol the only time when he will fall out of love for you is if you don't have anything doing with your life. By the way I thought feminists are tough people

11 Likes

Re: Distance Relationship by GrammarNazi1(m): 2:03pm On Aug 27, 2018
Shugavee:
How do u guys deal with distance relationships,,,,, I am depressed n thinking too much,,, scared my man will fall out of love for me!! We in good terms, we even talked this morning!! But I am still scared!!Any advise
...on good terms...advice.

11 Likes

Re: Distance Relationship by chiommy123(f): 2:07pm On Aug 27, 2018
Iam not really a fan of distance relationship. It comes with a whole lot of suspicions and other stuffs. Wish you all the best thou
Re: Distance Relationship by 2buffagain(m): 2:08pm On Aug 27, 2018
Like the guy above said.

Have something doing.
Let it be that when you both talk, you are also celebrating your progressions with each other.
With long distance relationships, you can't be the typical girl who relies on nothing more than her body in relationships. Otherwise, There would be nothing to differentiate you from the girl across his street.

Also, have the good sense to not wait on only him to be doing the calling.
Yes he should call, but if you carry the stupid mindset that he is the ONLY one to call, you have already failed.

Lastly, take it easy. What will be will be.
Personalities determine the success of LDRs. Introverts fare better. Yahoozie people who go out all the time will likely cheat die! grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Distance Relationship by Shugavee(f): 2:17pm On Aug 27, 2018
2buffagain:
Like the guy above said.

Have something doing.
Let it be that when you both talk, you are also celebrating your progressions with each other.
With long distance relationships, you can't be the typical girl who relies on nothing more than her body in relationships. Otherwise, There would be nothing to differentiate you from the girl across his street.

Yes he should call, but if you carry the stupid mindset that he is the ONLY one to call, you have already failed.

Personalities determine the success of LDRs. Introverts fare better. Yahoozie people who go out all the time will likely cheat die! grin
thanks! I try my best! angry
Re: Distance Relationship by Shugavee(f): 2:18pm On Aug 27, 2018
GrammarNazi1:

...on good terms...advice.
yeah honestly,, we not hving any issues,, but my mind is not at rest
Re: Distance Relationship by Shugavee(f): 2:21pm On Aug 27, 2018
2buffagain:
Like the guy above said.

Have something doing.

he is a bit of both!! I am in serious prayer mood o
Re: Distance Relationship by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 27, 2018
Shugavee:

What are you guys goals and plans towards each other before he travelled ? Marriage or just dating , if nothing was planned or stated mehn am sorry. Is he there for school or work ? Are you joining him ? Because at the end of the day, a man's greatest task is to a forge a life for himself , if he's priority is family then yes there's a chance assuming he sees you as fulfilling that role, but if he is extremely career oriented he might as well settle with a Nigerian or foreigner over there. At this stage I will employ you guys state the roadmap for the relationship. Because me I will pick a career in a stable country and hope to see a Nigerian over there to settle down with, unless the love you guys have is very strong. All the best

2 Likes

Re: Distance Relationship by Angy55(f): 2:55pm On Aug 27, 2018
Nothing to be scared of. Release your mind sweetie. Don't nurse the fears or else you would start stalking him via all his social media et all and that would be the beginning of the relationship failing. Distance or not, if you like stay in the same street, if you like cohabit, a good player would always have his/her way.

The love that has come to stay, would stay forever despite the distance.
There are several ways to spice it up and make him love you the more despite the distance.

Above all always occupy your mind by getting busy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Distance Relationship by Shugavee(f): 3:13pm On Aug 27, 2018
pcguru1:

What are you guys goals and plans towards each other before he travelled ? Marriage or just dating , if nothing was planned or stated mehn am sorry. Is he there for school or work ? Are you joining him ? Because at the end of the day, a man's greatest task is to a forge a life for himself , if he's priority is family then yes there's a chance assuming he sees you as fulfilling that role, but if he is extremely career oriented he might as well settle with a Nigerian or foreigner over there. At this stage I will employ you guys state the roadmap for the relationship. Because me I will pick a career in a stable country and hope to see a Nigerian over there to settle down with, unless the love you guys have is very strong. All the best
for work,,,,, he is coming back October n going back again after Christmas ,,, then return by June ,,, we strong tho! But never been so far from him b4...
Re: Distance Relationship by Shugavee(f): 3:14pm On Aug 27, 2018
Angy55:
Nothing to be scared of. Release your mind sweetie. Don't nurse the fears or else you would start stalking him via all his social media et all and that would be the beginning of the relationship failing. Distance or not, if you like stay in the same street, if you like cohabit, a good player would always have his/her way.

The love that has come to stay, would stay forever despite the distance.
There are several ways to spice it up and make him love you the more despite the distance.

Above all always occupy your mind by getting busy.

alright dear,, thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Distance Relationship by Preciousify(f): 3:40pm On Aug 27, 2018
Yours is better. Mine is set to hit the rock!

I know I have lost him completely. We are in separate countries. We communicate majorly via video calls and chats. But, going to a month now, no video calls or chats from him. I asked, he told me he has been busy, that alot of things are on him. I see him online everyday, but he doesnt chat me. If i call, he picks and ends it almost immediately. Yet, he claims to love me.

Really hurts, cos I dont know his mind. I got a job this month, am always busy, but still think of him.

4 Likes

Re: Distance Relationship by 93Miles: 3:45pm On Aug 27, 2018
Shugavee:

Whether u are in a long distance rela or short distance rela, a cheat is a cheat. If ur man is a cheater he will surely cheats on u.

I will advice u maintain constant communication mostly have video calls with him. See each other on cam every time.

1 Like

Re: Distance Relationship by damjane(f): 4:12pm On Aug 27, 2018
How about you try not to think too much and just enjoy the relationship.

1 Like

Re: Distance Relationship by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 27, 2018
Preciousify:

I know I have lost him completely. We are in separate countries. We communicate majorly via video calls and chats. But, going to a month now, no video calls or chats from him. I asked, he told me he has been busy, that alot of things are on him. I see him online everyday, but he doesnt chat me. If i call, he picks and ends it almost immediately. Yet, he claims to love me.

Really hurts, cos I dont know his mind. I got a job this month, am always busy, but still think of him.
Awwwnnn. embarassed
Re: Distance Relationship by Rosay15(f): 4:22pm On Aug 27, 2018
Preciousify:

.. Humm, I can relate. Just try and give him sometime and see maybe there would be changes. Am also in ur shoes and knw how it feels, sorry babe.

1 Like

Re: Distance Relationship by Shugavee(f): 4:54pm On Aug 27, 2018
Preciousify:

I am scared we might drift apart!! Feeling that space already!! Even if we talk everyday !! But is like I don’t hv his major attention like I use to
Re: Distance Relationship by fcnaxo: 4:56pm On Aug 27, 2018
Shugavee:
I wish I had an advise for u but i don’t. Was in a DL very distant she was in the north I was in the West! Suspicion, Lack of Romance,Regular visiting ,phones calls video calls what’s app calls can be very frustrating. Just find ur way to his city if u want things to work!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Distance Relationship by mrphysics(m): 5:06pm On Aug 27, 2018
How come all of you on this thread are in a long distance relationship. It's good to stick with someone irrespective of space and time provided you both love each other.

A little twist, I am most certain that someone close is also interested in you guys but because the other is in another country and may be rich or has the immediate potential of being rich you prefer to keep yourself for him.

God help us broke guys shaaaa.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Distance Relationship by Shugavee(f): 5:07pm On Aug 27, 2018
ahunna1953:
Lol the only time when he will fall out of love for you is if you don't have anything doing with your life. By the way I thought feminists are tough people
tough meaning We don’t care about our men??
Re: Distance Relationship by Preciousify(f): 5:39pm On Aug 27, 2018
Shugavee:
I am scared we might drift apart!! Feeling that space already!! Even if we talk everyday !! But is like I don’t hv his major attention like I use to
Exactly!

But let's get busy. And hope all will be well.

1 Like

Re: Distance Relationship by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 27, 2018
Preciousify:

Exactly!

But let's get busy. And hope all will be well.
Both u and the Op should better start mingling for ur own good. You both sound like real to me but don't expect much from those guys & never ignore the red flags... Sometimes we know certain things won't work but we want to keep trying out of that four letter word called LOVE. Time is precious don't waste it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Distance Relationship by Preciousify(f): 6:27pm On Aug 27, 2018
mrphysics:
How come all of you on this thread are in a long distance relationship. It's good to stick with someone irrespective of space and time provided you both love each other.

A little twist, I am most certain that someone close is also interested in you guys but because the other is in another country and may be rich or has the immediate potential of being rich you prefer to keep yourself for him.

mrphysics grin grin grin
I understand you perfectly.
But it is not what you think. my boo graduated this year, he is currently seeking employment there. Not that he is rich. We just found love in each other. But, I guess he has some financial challenges. I cant forsake him this time. he is trying to be a man, by not bothering me with his financial issue.
Truly, some other guys are showing interest but i cant respond. Cant forsake him at this time he told me alot are on his head. I just hope and pray all will be well with him.

2 Likes

Re: Distance Relationship by Atlanticfire: 6:56pm On Aug 27, 2018
On the long run long distance relationship is very frustrating.

Every body has physical needs that can not be met in long distance relationships. The key to keeping the relationship alive is to minimise the length of time that you are apart and also be in constant communication.

Build trust and maintain the trust. Go oit of your way to assure yourselves of your faithfulness to each other as distrust can easily come in due to the distance.

If he is working and you said you have a job, why not get married when he comes in October.

That way you are legally bound to each other and have something substantial to be waiting for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Distance Relationship by pocohantas(f): 7:11pm On Aug 27, 2018
mrphysics:

LMAO! I was just wondering how no guy in this section will come up with this perspective. I knew I wouldn't have to wait for long.

#TheBrokeGuyPerspective grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Distance Relationship by QueenSekxy(f): 7:16pm On Aug 27, 2018
Shugavee:
aww!!
You are not alone but I'm not depressed.
how many months have you not seen him?
Re: Distance Relationship by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 27, 2018
pocohantas:

#TheBrokeGuyPerspective grin

#ionlyhavedicktogive
Re: Distance Relationship by Barbieperry(f): 7:30pm On Aug 27, 2018
Distance relationship is risky..

1 Like

Re: Distance Relationship by Shugavee(f): 7:33pm On Aug 27, 2018
QueenSekxy:

aww!!
You are not alone but I'm not depressed.
how many months have you not seen him?
a week n some days

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'my Father Has Slept With Three Of My Friends On Campus, Should I Tell My Mom?' / Why Are Some Ladies So Confused About Making Decision On Who To Marry? / How Do I Remain Friends With This Girl Without Feeling A Thing For Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.