Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,067 members, 7,814,679 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Beneath My Heart - Literature (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Beneath My Heart (141232 Views)

What Lies Beneath / Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel / Please help review: Beneath The Rubbles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 10:58am On Oct 18, 2018
mirabelswittie:
I love this story,,,,,you are really good Mr sokodobo

Thank you
Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 10:58am On Oct 18, 2018
princesshansy:
I must confess this is the best story I've ever read on nairaland.... Looking real and fascinating!

Thank you
Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 10:59am On Oct 18, 2018
misspearlz:
Well done OP

Thank you
Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 11:14am On Oct 18, 2018
Pappy received a call from Grandpappe and it was an emergency.
There was a strange development in USA and the Bastions had been consulted by the US President.
Adnan was needed and something else popped up. He had to be coronated as the TCO.
He did not know that Adnan was planning to join his sworn enemy: Mason Ford.

Henry was hiding behind a car, panting and his eyes bulged out. His cap had since gone missing, his gun was in his hand but he could not fire a shot any longer. He trembled as he peeped.That was swift and sanguinary. He had never seen a man with such a speed and agility. He had killed fifteen policemen already.
Who was he and what did he want?

The man was big, standing above six feet with a completely shaven head. The eyes were very red, and dark with a bogey façade. His body rippled with muscles. His skin was white, as if he had never been under the sun.

He looked around and grimaced.

"Where is Tania?" He shouted. " I want Tania. If you don't give me Tania, I will kill all of you. All of you!"

Henry jolted, he was literally shivering, and he wished no photographer should see him at this point. The swagger was gone as he peeped and prayed the monster should not see him.
The man opened a police car and drove off.

Henry came out with a great speed, his eyes looking serious, and shouting into his mouthpiece, " We need back up! Criminal on the run......."
The people that went into hiding began to come out, Henry was now looking very fearless and gallant. "I am going after him!"

He got into his car and drove off with an incredible speed. He had only driven for a few minutes when he caught sight of the police car driven by the man.

Jesus Christ!

He slowed the car, and contemplated turning back. He did not expect to catch up with him so soon. It was just a face saving gesture. He had seen how the man handle gun, killed policemen, tore hearts and broke necks.
He just proposed to Jenny a few weeks ago and he wanted to see that day. He pressed his legs on the brake pedal and the car was forced to an abrupt stop.

The police car was pulled up by the road side.
Henry came out of his car, holding his gun. He ran and hid behind a car, praying the man would not come for him. Then he heard sirens, backups were coming.

He sprang out, looking tough and acting as if he was going for the man. He wove at them to stop, pointing at the car.

" Suspect in the car." He said into the mouthpiece.

The armed police men alighted, and they all looked very alert. The car the suspect was in had not moved and they could see nobody in.

Detective Tim was part of the men. He alighted and crawled closer to the car.
Henry grimaced. Tim was going to take the shine. Henry could not let him take that. Henry followed him.
Tim waited, then broke into a run, got to the car and opened the door and aimed his gun.

" Freeze!" He shouted.

But there was no one in the car. The man was gone.

Henry was relieved at the news and he became his perky self.

" I assure Americans that I will do whatever I can to get the suspect." He told a journalist, wearing his gallant expression and the swagger was fully back. "He had escaped from the crime scene and I chased him alone because I could not afford to wait for the backup but unfortunately he escaped for now."

Later that day, the footage of the suspect was watched and this raised a lot of concern.
Who was Tania and why was he looking for her? There seemed to be something wrong with his reasoning power but his intelligence was befuddling.
What they later discovered from the footage was so puzzling they had to inform the Presidency.

Mason said into the mouthpiece.

"When are you coming?"

" I said in a fortnight." Adnan replied. Naairah needed five more days of rest and he could not travel with her then but he would not tell them about her.

"We have a situation."

"What is wrong?"

"One of the specimens escaped."

"What! How? I told you to wait for me."

"Dr Quinn said he could handle it. He said he was the DNA expert. We used the chemical and he did it. He applied it on Specimen C and he woke up, killed six guards and escaped. We got the footage and he is beyond what we had anticipated. Now he is making news. On a killing spree. He goes about looking for his girlfriend. They were together the night we snatched him."

Adnan puffed out air.

"Quinn or whatever fuc*ed up! I told you to wait for me. He is the DNA expert but I made the formula. We have to work together. The brain is a complex organ. Now I am instrumental to making a beast."

"That is not a problem. The only thing we must handle is how to control them but I am happy with his skill and ability. He heals within seconds. He is superfast and......."

"I will be there in eight days." Adnan cut in.

"Please hurry. I hear the President has been told and he has sent for my father. They might dig into it and know it is a part of the Evolution. That is not the best for us. I also need to contact Lori. Getting her pregnant is part of our deal and you can't tell me you don't have their contact because Addy got to you."

"We will talk about that when I arrive." Adnan said. " We have a more pressing issues at hand right now."

"Okay. I will be expecting you but is there nothing you can do to get him under control?"

"I don't think you made arrangements for a censor for remote control. We can't do anything until I get there. We will have to track him, sedate him and treat him.
They do not know what can bring him down easily. What you have there is a bio-robot. Just give me time."

"Okay. I will make arrangements for your arrival. I hope you know this is discreet. I hope you will love to know about your real parents. I used to know your father."

"That is very interesting. Now you make me wish I could come over today. A lot lie ahead then."

"I know right. Until you come."

After the call, Adnan left the basement and walked into the bedroom where Naairah was lying on the bed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 11:22am On Oct 18, 2018
She took in a deep breath.

"Hey! Don't do that." Adnan said seriously.

"Do what?"

" Breath hard. If you need to breath hard, call me to do that for you. You need to rest and breathing hard is a hard task."

She chuckled.

"You are not nursing a vegetable Mr Hayati."

He knelt before her, his knees on the floor while he rested his body on the bed, his face close to hers.

"You are not a vegetable Miss Sunshine but you are so delicate my love. I know your worth so I don't want anything to touch you. I meant it when I said you are my life."

" Hayati, I know that. How many men can do what you did? I was said to be barren, yet you were the one keeping me strong. You never stopped loving me, rather you were more caring. You had the chance to marry your Arabian cousin, she is beautiful and that cannot be denied but you never gave her a chance.....all for me. Hayati, you proved that I am your habibti. Thank you for coming into my life."

" Unconditionally is the word between us Miss Sunshine. Our hearts....."

"......Met on a star."The said in unison.

" We have to offer a Walima for this. Let us call people to eat and drink and thank Allah."

"I think I have a another idea."She said.

"Hmmmmm..."

"If we decide to invite people, it is going to be just the rich that will come. Why don't we reach out to those in need?"

"That is a better idea. In that case, we are not just going to give them food and drinks but arrange some cash in a pack for them."

"Like how much each?"

" Maybe fifty K."

"How many people are we gathering?"

He shrugged.

"May be five hundred. It is a miracle we are showing gratitude for."

" That should be around twenty five million naira."

"Yes."

"That is cool but why don't we invite just twenty five people and they get one million naira each? Don't you think by doing that one may invest and maybe help others one day?"

"No. That is a bad idea."

"Why?"

"Because you are bringing all of the best ideas and making me look daft."

"Come on. " She pushed the air jokingly. " We are doing this together. You propounded the whole idea."

"But seriously it makes a lot of sense. I have seen rich men sharing peanuts in the name of Zakkah. What you said is logical. Instead of giving meager amount to a lot of people that cannot not really change their lives, it is better you reduce the number of people and give them something bigger. They may turn out to give out Zakkah in future too. I love you darling."

" Do you know one thing I noticed about you?"

"No."

"You have a listening ear and you reason with me."

"I do not have a option . One of the greatest fool is he who feels he knows it all. The Prophet SAW used to seek for advice from his companions, he used to listen to them. Who the hell is Adnan Abbas?"

" Please come and lie close to me Hayati." She said.

He climbed the bed. She was lying on her right side, he went behind her and lay by his right side behind her. His hand passed one her waist and stopped on her tommy, his their heads juxtaposition and she placed her hand on his while her fingers moved on his strong hand slowly and sensually.

She felt warm, love and safe.

" I have never been more scared in my life." She said. "The first time I saw Baanah, I was intimidated. Her hair alone scared the hell out of me. So long, silky and beautiful. She is beautiful and I said to my self, what would happen if this pretty girl began to give you children?
And she made it worse by saying horrible things to me. I cried until my tears dried up. I wonder what barren women go through. I will never forget what you did for me. You were the only one I could confide in. Until now, I never told anyone, not Nadia who was going through hell herself, not my mother.
If I had told my mother, she would not have stopped it. She would have only advised me and you were doing just that and I saved her from high blood pressure. Now it's over. I am with your child Hayati. That has been one of my greatest wish. To have an everlasting bond with you. A being that share equal amount of chromosomes from us, your blood and my blood. May Allah guide and protect it."

"Ameen." He said. " Miss Sunshine..."

"Na'am."

"If not for the doctor's warning, I would have fought with you at this moment. Like serious boxing."

"Are you strong enough to do that?"

"I will leave the door open for an escape."

They chuckled.

"Why would you fight me?"

"Because you felt any woman's beauty could take me away from you. Lah! You are the most beautiful woman in the world to me. Miss Sunshine, I see the beauty of your soul and that is what I fell in love with first. Do not misconceive me, I love a beautiful woman and that is what you are. I am okay with you. No other woman can take your place. You have taken the whole of my heart, occupied it and refuse to leave space for another lady.
Let me say, you are my heart's landlady, chairperson and CEO. Never you feel intimidated or insecure. What we need is prayers. Let the devil not come between us. It is you, you and you. I love you with all of my heart, body and soul."
She turned and faced him, summed up courage and looked directly into his eyes, as she used to feel shy of sometimes, and then said, " I love you with my whole heart, body, and soul Mr. Adnan Abbas Haliru Babangida."

This was the first time she would mention his name since they began dating and she started calling him Hayati and when she did, it was done in full.

He giggled.

" I called you in full because I wanted you to know that I mean it. Nayi rashin kunya ko( I disrespected you, right)?"

"No my dear. I can relate." He then kissed her and their voices seized. It was now the voices of the body that could heard.

" Oh my God!" Adnan exclaimed and disengaged. " My food!"

He rushed out of the bed.

"You made my food burn." He said as he ran out.

"You did that to me a lot of times." She said after him.

Fifteen minutes later, he was back with a tray of food. He went back to bring some drinks. Naairah was glad because she was hungry. He dropped the trays and went to her.

"What?" She asked.

He carried her from the bed and carefully placed her on the floor gently.

"Hayati, I can do this."

"I know, why are you a queen? To be served and that is what this humble palace boy is doing.Just doing my duty."

" What a wonderful palace boy you are but you are also my king."

" I am your servant, cook, knight, king, companion, subject....I am just anything good to you or...that is what I am trying to be. I don't know if I do it right."

" You are the best. Just the best."

" Is this the part where girls say Awwnnnnn?"

She laughed.

" How do you guys say yours?"

" We go grrrrrrrrrrr..."

She laughed. "And the girl would run away."

She was surprised when she tasted the fried rice. The look of the food amazed her. How did he do it?He used to make tea, oat, omelette, and noodles for her for her but he had never really cooked like this.

"When did you learn how to do this?" She asked.

"I have always known how to cook." He said with a swagger, raising his shoulder. " A master chef."

She eyed him, rolled her eyes.

"Excuse me." She said and got up. She walked out of the room and then something nudged his brain.

"Come back hear Miss Sunshine!"

She did not. He got up and ran after her. He descended the step with alacrity. Naairah saw him and broke into a run, laughing.

"Do not go into that kitchen!" Adnan said chasing after her. He nearly caught her but she slipped through and went into the kitchen. she was laughing but gave out a light scream as he nearly caught her.
She rushed and carried a book that was on the cabinet. Adnan gave up and laughed.

"I caught you." She said. "Let me see.......My Cooking book by ..."

He snatched it laughing.

" Okay, you got me. I took everything from it."

"It is okay Honey. We women do it too. Your food taste great and I am so proud of you. Come here...my boy."

He smiled,dropped the book and walked to her like a little boy. She hugged and kissed him.

"I am proud of you. Let us go and enjoy the delicious cuisine by my husband."

"Okay dear." He said, turned and she knew what to do. She climbed his back and he started hopping like a horse, "Doki salama, baba baby na...."

They went back to their room to enjoy their meal.

Henry arrived his apartment late.As he climbed the stairs, he said aloud, "I hope everyone is good? "

"We are good officer "Mrs Ginladun replied. She was the only one who used to reply him amongst his neighbors.
He felt he was the one protecting then and would always show them how important he was.
He opened his door and went in. He was tired of coming to meet an empty house. He had to get married ASAP and have that welcome hug he always dreamt of.

He could imagine her say, "how was your day? "
And he would be like, "it was good. Had a hectic day, bust a gang of assassins......"

He stopped, stiffened and put on the light. He heard perceived cigarette smell.

He was shocked to see a huge dangerous man sitting on a chair.

"Welcome back Sarge" He said, "I have been waiting for you."

Jesus, Mary, Joseph!!!!!!

Oh no!

It was the beast!

5 Likes

Re: Beneath My Heart by MhizFavour: 11:48am On Oct 18, 2018
Thanks For This. I Want More Still! cheesy
Re: Beneath My Heart by Banje101(m): 1:47pm On Oct 18, 2018
Ahhh na die o
Re: Beneath My Heart by PraisesG(f): 3:41pm On Oct 18, 2018
Haha ha,waiting for you.
Thanks again
Re: Beneath My Heart by skubido(m): 4:09pm On Oct 18, 2018
Shebi u form na,, dey do like u head dey dere..

Mumu no no wetin im go call again,,, Jesus Mary Joseph. im for add the carpenter na...

The beast don visit u nao.. Na die u dey so ooo

Make Adnan dey careful ooo,,

Op tanks for the update,, u too much

1 Like

Re: Beneath My Heart by izaray(f): 4:41pm On Oct 18, 2018
See Mary, see Jesus if you kno, you kno cheesy
Re: Beneath My Heart by Shedrack36(m): 7:16pm On Oct 18, 2018
I wish I no love to be like Adnan and Naairah this world will be a better place.
Re: Beneath My Heart by harbeyboi52(m): 9:27pm On Oct 18, 2018
sokodobo u er jex d best, u brought me out d ghost mode..... more update
Re: Beneath My Heart by Culin(f): 1:33am On Oct 19, 2018
Ghen ghen!! Sarge Henry better show yourself now.

Chai, only this book, science & tech, romance, religion, history/general knowlege, suspense etc. You're amazing SokoDobo.

Why do I have the feeling you're an abusite/ex abusite, CS.

1 Like

Re: Beneath My Heart by SilverSpoonEnt: 5:12am On Oct 19, 2018
IAmkingoludav:
Phew! SilverspoonEnt come and learn!
Okay, here i am, sire...
Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 8:25am On Oct 19, 2018
THIRTY-THREE

“ You are a policeman.” The huge man said. “ Where is Tania? Sly, that is my name, right? I remember that vividly. I am sly and Tania was with me that day. Where is Tania?”

Henry was shivering, cursing the day he joined the Police Academy. The man was intimidating and very scary. His voice sounded like the rumbling of thunder.

“ Chill man!” Henry said with a shaky voice.

“Don’t tell me to chill…”

“I am a Police Officer and my duty is to serve the people. “Henry said, “ to make them happy and that is what I intend to do. I am going to find Tania for you, sir. That is my obligation. Just relax and don’t plug out my heart,” he touched his heart, “I need this heart to find Tania …for you. Okay, I am your friend..your best friend…”

“Shut up! I don’t have a friend. They caught me and took Tania away, and put me…..what did they do to me?”

“Who?”

‘You know what I am talking about!” He yelled and Henry literally shook violently. “You are a police officer and you know.”

“I am a dumb police officer, sir. I know nothing. Some times I forget my service number…”He forced a chuckle, “ I have always been so dumb that is why I don’t know what happened to you. The only thing I know how to do is find Tania. Just give me the chance and I will get Tania. Tania right?”

“I am hungry.”

“No problem, feel at home, buddy.” Henry said and ran to his kitchen and brought out food from the oven. Sly dropped the cigarette and collected the food. Henry was amazed to how he devoured it at once.

“More.” Sly said. “Wait, let us go to the kitchen.”

He followed Henry to the kitchen. He looked round, saw a jug of milk and gulped it at once. He opened the oven, brought out food and devoured it.

What!
He belched and drank five bottles of water.

“ Now tell me where I can find Tania.”

“I told you that I am so dumb..”

“But you said you are good at finding Tania.”

“Yes but you have to tell me about her. I need to know what happened to you.”

Sly buzzed, his red eyes radiating fear.

“ We were coming back from a party and these men came in a car. They brought out a gun, and they said they were cleaning the city. I was a peddler if you know what I am talking about. Drugs and I have always hated the police…..”

“I don’t have any truck with drug peddlers. They keep the people happy, void of hypertension. They get high and feel happy. I am with the homicide squad….”

"In drug business, we kill ….”

“That is what we call justifiable homicide in the law. It is a necessity, buddy. I don’t have problem with that.”

“Good. You are a good cop.”

“Trust me.”

“ They showed me a gun and took Tania away. I was blindfolded and taken away to a darkroom. They did something to me and I stopped thinking. I don’t know how long I was put in that glass box.”

“Glass box?”

“ Yes. So many of us. And now, I woke up and feel so different. I need to save Tania and I will keep ripping hearts until I find her. She is good girl.”

“Okay, I need you to wait here while I go and get her for you. I will be right back with Tania, okay?”

Sly nodded.

“You can do that, can’t you?"

“I see visions and I knew one day, I was going to find Tania.”

“Good.”

Henry picked his holster, car keys and ran out of the room. He was sweating as he ran down stairs.

“ Officer, hope you are good?” a lad living next to him asked.

Henry did not reply to him. All he wanted was to get the hell out of here. He got to his car, with shaky hands, he opened the car door, got under the wheel, started the car engine and heard a swift smooth sound.

Sly was sitting by his side. How fast was that?

“ I think you will need my assistance.” Sly said. “ I want your mission to be successful. Take me to Tania or else…I will rip off your heart.”

Henry broke into a new stream of sweat. His swagger completely off. He looked so pathetic now.

“I don’t think that is a nice idea.” Henry said. “ They misunderstood you, and think you are a killer but I will make them understand that it is not your fault. They took Tania away from you. What they did is not good. Just go relax in my house, I will get Tania to you.”

“How? You don’t even know her….”

Okay, he was not that dumb.

“ Yeah, I was going to check profiles.”

“Her name is Tania Bringham.” He said. “ I will go and wait for you. If by any chance you try to fuc* with me, and you don’t get my Tania, I promise, I will plug the heart of your fiancée and then come for you.”

“How did you know that?”

“ I spent some time in your room before you came back. I have a picture, and her bio-data. I will get her. Now wait.”

He picked a file that was behind the car, removed a paper and then said, “get me a pen.”

Henry gave him a pen.

It took him just five minutes to draw two pictures.

“That is Tania and the other is your fiancée. That means your fiancée is right under my watch. I will get her and that is part of the new me. I never knew how to draw. I imagine things perfectly and bring them to life. And see……”

He used the pen and tore his skin. It took no time to heal.

“They used some kind of catalyst to make my reactions faster. This should have taken weeks to heal. I will get Tania first, then go after those who did this to me. I also need you to tell me who the hell is Adnan Abbas. I heard then mention that name. I will kill them all. All of them!”

He opened the car and went out.

“Do not think you can escape from me. I will be back.”

He walked away and disappeared into darkness.

Phew!

Henry puffed out air, and closed his eyes. That was close! But he just gained some information. He called Lieutenant Douglas.

“ Sir, I have been doing some diggings and I went after the man. I got his name, Sly and I got him to tell me who Tania is. I have her picture, he drew it. I think there is something going on. I just got what no cop has gotten. I will be right there, sir.”

Henry smiled as the called ended. Now time to imagine what the headlines would look like: He unravelled the mystery- The super cop Henry Rogefr ; Epitome of bravery: Sergeant Henry Roger goes after dangerous killer alone! Spunky cop, Henry Roger dares the devil .

He checked the cameras in the car and went through the shots. No! They were not good. He looked scared and Sly looked in control.
Okay, there would be no pictures. Only his picture would be displayed. He came out of his car, saw a young lad walking by.

“Hey, come here.”

The boy came, looking scared because he had weed on him.

“I need you to give me some shots, here.” He gave the boy his i-pad.

He posed, wearing that stern expression. He took another shot while walking with a tough looking face and his pistol in his hand. He got about ten shots and felt he had enough.

“Thank you kid.”

“Anytime officer.” The lad walked away gladly.

“I am here for you all.” He said and got into his car. This was a case that the president had heard of. This was his time to shine.
He looked into the side mirror and redressed his cap. Then he thought, who is Adnan Abbas? The name sounded Arabian or Islamic. Was it a member of a so-called terrorist group?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beneath My Heart by skubido(m): 9:31am On Oct 19, 2018
Hmmmmmm.

Another trouble for Adnan.

.OP u too much
Re: Beneath My Heart by Essyprity(f): 10:36am On Oct 19, 2018
I'll be an ingrate to pass by without acknowledging this beautiful piece of talent. I love the way you respect for Islamic customs. Is this the same Adnan dt is now breeding this threat to life? undecided
Re: Beneath My Heart by spixytinxy(f): 10:44am On Oct 19, 2018
Henry's pride wl kill him, proud fool. Good job sokodobo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beneath My Heart by khaifa(f): 10:52am On Oct 19, 2018
See a whole serge dey exalt crime to save face wink cheesy
Welldone sir!!

1 Like

Re: Beneath My Heart by Banje101(m): 12:34pm On Oct 19, 2018
Interesting
Re: Beneath My Heart by excelmerry: 6:17pm On Oct 19, 2018
I don't understand why Adnan is working for Mason Ford. Now he has endangered not only his life but his loved ones too.

2 Likes

Re: Beneath My Heart by Ann2012(f): 8:36am On Oct 20, 2018
He was going it to save the children now it has backfired

excelmerry:
I don't understand why Adnan is working for Mason Ford. Now he has endangered not only his life but his loved ones too.

1 Like

Re: Beneath My Heart by Divineroyalty(f): 9:23am On Oct 20, 2018
Hadampson, my nairaland hubby. you need to get in here.
We've got another magic pen handler here.
Re: Beneath My Heart by Sparkling2(f): 10:00am On Oct 20, 2018
SokoDobo you know you are good right I mean very good
Re: Beneath My Heart by Evold: 10:39am On Oct 20, 2018
Finally here after 3days of action. I thought I would never read romance story but here I'm glued. SokoDobo you are the best

1 Like

Re: Beneath My Heart by Serafeal(f): 1:16pm On Oct 20, 2018
Finally here after reading 4 2days... ����Ff bk 2 bk o.. Kudos 2 u SokoDobo..Ff bk 2 bk
Re: Beneath My Heart by Hadampson(m): 1:24pm On Oct 20, 2018
Divineroyalty:
Hadampson, my nairaland hubby. you need to get in here.
We've got another magic pen handler here.

#Park my Bugatti veyron at the garage*
#Enter the thread majestically*
#Sit at the front seat with my queen divineroyalty and personal bodyguards alamiendagash, dtobs, and lesky3 cheesy

Sweetie am right beside you. Barman oya give us SEX IN THE BEACH with confirm popcorn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 4:55pm On Oct 20, 2018
It had been fun for the couples after hours of trips and shopping at Jabi Lake Mall. Naairah was so happy for Nadia. She had never seen her look so radiant and vivacious. They were at the parking lots after and ready to part.

“ Oh, Dearie I forgot your chocolates.” Nadia said before she realised that Naairah was winking at her.

“What chocolates?” Adnan asked.

Naairah sighed.

“Kin kwafsa (you messed up)”she said to Nadia.

“ Damn, I did not know that he does not want you to take…wait. What am I missing? What is it about intake monitoring?” she rolled her eyes,

“anyone feeding through your umbilical chord?”

"Shut up and feel chastened for exposing me.”

“Oh my God!” Nadia exclaimed while Naairah blushed, feeling ashamed because Jamil was there.

Nadia hugged her .

“I am so happy.”

Jamil looked at the ladies and turned at Adnan.

"Alhamdulillah ! I am so happy for you.” And they shook hands.

“Whatever."Nadia said and they laughed.

“Hey, but chocolate is perfectly safe for pregnancy.” Nadia said. “ It could even lower the risk of preeclampsia.”

“That is true.” Adnan said. “If taken in moderation. But Miss Sunshine could eat just chocolates for lunch and dinner. It contains caffeine and it stops her from eating other healthy foods.”

Nadia looked at Naairah and grimaced. “ You must take it in moderation or else…”

“See who is talking.” Jamil cut in. “ Are you not a chocolate queen? Thank God I got the negative sides. She keeps telling me it is good for pregnancy.”

“ Okay, I will give the chocolates to you, Ya Hayat and you give it to her, please.”

“Okay, let me have them.”

Naairah smiled. “ Awwwnnn thank you darling.”

“No! Leave the chocolates Nadia. She would use this smile of hers to cajole me to give all to her today.”

“She won’t do that, daddy.”

Adnan smiled.

“Okay, bring it. ”He said. “You see, she called me daddy and I am asking her to bring it. We get home, Miss Sunshine calls me Hayati and I smile like a fool and feed her all of the ice-cream.”

“You are my daddy ,remember but we used my bride price to eat chicken pepper soup.”

They laughed shortly.

They talked and laughed, unaware of a man who was sitting in a tinted SUV. Lawal wore a tight lip, his eyes steadily on the couples.
They were laughing and having fun while he was suffering. This had to be settled at once. He could not stand watching Nadia enjoy her marital life while he suffered. If he was not going to have her, then nobody was going to do that.
Then he would go for Hayat. The bastard had affected his business empire. Who the hell was he? He did not give a damn. He was going to kill him too.

Lawal had to swallow his pride to go and beg Adnan to let him have his license back. Adnan promised to do that. When that was done, he would kill the bastard!
But Hayat was his secondary problem.

He opened his pigeon hole and brought out a gun, loaded it slowly as he watched the happy couples. They were happy. He grinned evilly. How would they know it was going to be their last outing together ? He hoped they were going home.
It would be settled at Ribadu Boulevard. That was a quiet road. It was going to be a clean job and he was not hiring anyone to do this. There is nothing that would give him more pleasure than sending them to grave himself.

Then an idea fell on his mind. Why not kill Jamil, snatch her at gun point and then take her somewhere and rape the hell out of her, keep her for six months then kill her?

Yes!

That would be the first choice of action but if that would not work, then he would kill her right away.

He picked his phone and called someone.

“ Duna, where are you?” He said, listened and then said, “ Meet me at Jabi Mall now. Please hurry." He hoped the couples will keep talking for the next fifteen minutes when Duna would have arrived. He needed a helping hand.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 4:57pm On Oct 20, 2018
Beneath My Heart now available. ebook format.

Send a mail to info.bellanbooks@gmail.com to order
Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 5:06pm On Oct 20, 2018
“ I am going to miss you dearie.” Nadia said as if she was going to try. “Are you guys staying long?”

“ Maybe three months.” Adnan said.

“That is like forever.” Nadia said.

“ I will miss you darling.” Naairah said. “I wish you guys could come visit us.”

“ I plan to apply for leave so we would go to Paris. We could come over to US and see you guys, hang around before we come back.” Jamil said.

“Is that a surprise package?” Nadia said. “You never told me.”

“ I wanted to do that after I get the leave. But I had to do it now because your dearie, darling ,missing thing got me emotional.”

“That is so nice of you and the idea is awesome.” Naairah said.

Adnan pretended to be happy about it but he knew it was not just a pleasure trip. He told Naairah that he had something to tell her but he did not tell her because the mood was too romantic. But they always had such moods. He had to tell her today and tell her about the arrangement.
But when carefully planned, he would still have time for fun.

“It will be a splendid idea.” Adnan said after a thought. “ I hope you guys would make it.”

“Insha Allah.” Jamil said.

“I guess this is our last meeting…” Nadia said.

“ For now” Naairah cut in.

A very dark complexioned bloke opened the door to Lawal’s car and got in.

“ Good timing Duna.”

“ Thank you boss.”

“ Can you see those couples there?”

Duna looked at them.

“I see your former wife…”

“Don’t call her my former wife. She is my wife……we are going to pick her, and fix the husband. I would not mind necrophilism if we don’t pick her alive.”

Duna hid his surprise. Lawal was only into political thuggery. This was a new one and that sent a wave of excitement into him.

“Do you have your rod?”

“ You know I would have it sir.” Duna said.

“ I think you can do with two million naira.”

“ Sai Babban yaya ( That’s the big brother)!” Duna exposed his white teeth. “ I smell dead bodies already.”

“I need the girl alive. I will shoot the guy and we pick her but if she proves stubborn, we shoot her and pick the body.”

Duna said nothing. He did not know the meaning of necrophilism which was also known as thanotophilia, necrochlesis or necrolagnia.
That was not his business.

Lawal watched the happy couples bidding each other good bye.

Last good bye.

Nadia was under the wheel of the car while Jamil sat beside her. They wove at Naairah and her husband before she drove past Lawal’s car. Lawal started his car engine and drove after them.
Adnan drove behind them but they did not know who was in the car. They took another road and went towards their home, leaving Lawal trailing Nadia and her husband.

“ I am so happy for her.” Nadia said. “ And I truly like Hayat now.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“ Okay, that slipped out of my mouth but I never told anyone this. I was part of those who encouraged her to marry him and move on but….she had a first love. That was real love because they met under a funny circumstance and by worldly standard, they were not on the same level but she fell for him against all odds.

They faced a lot of troubles like we did but their love stood the test of time. They stuck to the guns and I finally fell in love with the relationship. But he was killed under some strange circumstance but she never believed he was dead.She waited for almost four years before she was forced to marry this guy. But thank God, she fell in love with him along the line and she is happy. He is a nice guy. He treats her well and those around her. He gave me the job …..”

“And my company contract.” Jamil said quickly.

“Yeah but the truth is….I never forgot Adnan. But I presume he is dead and it is too late now. I have to forget him and the good thing is ,they are very similar, not physically but there are things that just seems to connect them so I guess it made it easy for her.”

“ Hmmmm….May Allah forgive his soul.”

“Ameen.”

She gave him her phone.

“Please connect me to Naairah. Search for bestie.”

Jamil collected the phone and dialled Naairah’s number. He gave it to her when it connected.

“I am abetting you. Driving and calling: bad habit.”

“ I am sorry Sweetheart. “ She said before she collected the phone.

“ Dearie….” Nadia said, “ I am driving so I will be straight. I never told anyone yet…..I think I have to moderate my take of chocolates too.”

Jamil heard Naairah screaming from the other end before he got what she meant.

“ What are you talking about?” Jamil asked at once.

She gave him a sexy glance.

“ I am pregnant.”

“ Okay, I think they are taking the right way.” Lawal said as he drove after them. “ This is so sweet. She is driving so I will waylay her, shoot him and you pick her up……..”

“Yes sir.”

He smiled again, feeling his gun. He loved this.

Jamil and his wife were happy in the car while death followed them.

6 Likes

Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 5:07pm On Oct 20, 2018
Beneath My Heart is now available. ebook format

Send a mail to info.bellanbooks@gmail.com to order.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (28) (Reply)

Mask Hunter / Birthmark / In Love With Her Pastor-episode 1 By Angelsss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.