Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,185 members, 7,825,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Beneath My Heart - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Beneath My Heart (141381 Views)

What Lies Beneath / Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel / Please help review: Beneath The Rubbles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beneath My Heart by mercyymai(f): 2:05pm On Oct 02, 2018
barag:
hmmmmm. This story is the bomb. quite interesting. I also don't like the way Adnan revealed himself o..... I think it was too soon. He for let them suffer small, or even let them take Addy abroad so that the secret can be revealed while his parents would later present him as the real one.

It think he has a plan
Re: Beneath My Heart by cynthese(f): 6:48pm On Oct 02, 2018
This is one of, if not the most interesting stories on nairaland. more power to your elbows Sokodobo.
Re: Beneath My Heart by Dhestyny(f): 8:14pm On Oct 02, 2018
Vry Interestin,thanks Buddy
Re: Beneath My Heart by Born2Breed(f): 8:16pm On Oct 02, 2018
SokoDobo, we are waiting.....we've been hungry to read something from here today.
Re: Beneath My Heart by Born2Breed(f): 8:18pm On Oct 02, 2018
Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 9:19pm On Oct 02, 2018
EIGHTEEN

There was a few seconds of cauldron of befuddlement, disbelief, shock, and ponders. This boy did not look like the Adnan he had his picture but the things he just said were indubitable. He just mentioned the secret code name he stole from Dr Abbas.
Addy wondered, trying to believe what Hayat was saying was true. He saw the expression on his father’s face. Could Hayat have been Adnan all these while? But Adnan was not formally educated even though he was a savant, and Hayat had a PhD which he was sure of.

“ I will not dwell on the fact, sir, you were in cahoots with Mason Ford and Don Vasitto with their allies to rob me off my money, my parents and subjected me to an inhumane condition. You may not be the mastermind, and must have done things to escape your humble profession of cleaning and plunge into riches and power.
But it would have been better if I had a fair treatment, even though my entitlements were being transferred to your son whom you gave this….” Adnan wiped off something and showed them his mark: the original mark.

Aminu was speechless, just standing like a chained dog.

“ The picture I sent to your son is a reminder of how they treated me like a trash, and I would not be allowed to play with their toys, or bicycles, and would only eat from the crumbs they throw away, lick the chocolate wraps.
I was a super hero: Trash boy who got his super powers from rotten bread. Yes, you threw me to a rotten life and I got my powers there. Whatever God says you will have, nothing would stop it from coming to you. You made me got on the street just at the age of nine and I still got my knowledge by the grace of God.

The streets was like the rotten bread, and I got my knowledge, my super powers from the streets, the rotten bread. Subjecting me to inhumane treatment from the house help, enrolling me into a cheap and shoddy school while you and your children enjoyed on my money.
I will go around school begging for food, spreading my palm and being treated like a dog. You made me felt begging was a means of survival, and stealing was just a way of acquiring something you need. I spent a good part of my life stealing just to eat.
Did you know how many nights I spent under the rain at night, or in severe cold? How I was prone to being kidnapped or slain? Making me look like a parentless child when I had not just a family but a powerful one.
Alhaji Mukhtar humiliated me, and rained all sorts of insults on me, got roughened by some of his children simply because they felt I was nothing.
You did not only deprive me of those, your son sent hoodlums to kill me, and take me away from my love. He could not kill me because only God can fix my time and it was not yet time. You only drove me closer to my success.
I still made it and have a PhD. I got money even when you deprived me of mine and got married to my love with you being the Waliy. Now you are in trouble. There is a test to be conducted and that will test the IQ and intellectual prowess. Now you need the trash boy, looking for him desperately, going on media.
The boy was right under your nose, watching you but you could not perceive. I am aware of all those times you were watching Naairah, She never knew herself. Now I am here, but I must advise you to keep Mason out of this. What do you want?”

Hajiya Fatima was watching them. She saw how chastened, weak and submissive Aminu looked. She had never seen him look like this. Even Addy stood like a student about to be expelled standing before the VC.

“ Naairah, what is going on? I know you know.”

Naairah knew Adnan had unveiled himself. There was no need of lying.

“ He is Adnan Abbas. The real one.”

“ What?” She exclaimed, “ Wait, you mean Hayat is Adnan? How? What…”

“It is a long story.”

“You knew all these while?”

“No. We spent six months before he revealed himself.”

“ What a world. I don’t know what to say. I never forgot him. So…wait, after all those thing Abban Abdul said, he was the source of our wealth? See how twisty life could be? I am so happy …But I am still confused.”

“It is a long story, Ummi. Let us get out of hospital first.”

Zayyad did not know what was going on, just like Naairah’s siblings but they saw the way Adnan spoke with confidence and the rest, including Tofa stood still. What was going on there? Who was this Hayat?
Muhammad, Naairah’s immediate elder brother joined his brothers and said in a low tone.

“ Bros, I heard a few of what he was saying.” He said. He had moved to hide behind a corner close to a corridor not far from where they stood.

“ That guy is Adnan.”

The siblings that were around were Gaddafi, the first child, Muhammad, Sa’eed. AbdulRasheed.

“What?” Sa’eed exclaimed. “ Which Adnan?”

“Naairah’s Adnan.”

“No! It is not possible. How can that scumbag be Hayat. They don’t even look alike.” Sa’eed argued.

“Will you shut up!” Gaddafi said. “ I will see what you will do if he is the one. You guys don’t reason. If you were too young to remember, I do vividly. Abba was just a primary school teacher with seven children. It was after the birth of Naairah when Uncle Abbas came back from Bolivia he started making money.
I am surprised he forgot all of these. I don’t want to talk much because he is in a critical condition. We must handle life with care. We don’t know what lies ahead. We know of a president of this country who never had shoes when he was a kid. He was from a poor home but destiny took him to the peak.”

Muhammad shook his head.

“Uncle Abbas and Addy would never stand before an ordinary guy like this. That is Adnan. I heard it. He owns all the money Addy had been flaunting and lavishing. That guy is not ordinary…that means the Adnan we beat up is…the guy who owns the family money. The source of power.”

“The guy Abba called all sort of names.” Gaddafi said.

“I don’t know what is actually happening but it seems they are in trouble and Adnan seems to have a way of helping.” Muhammad said.

“You are right. I read it on dailies that a certain girl threatened to commit suicide is she does not find her lover, blab la bla. It sounded sticky, and I guess I get it now. They are in trouble and needs his help. I guess that is why Abba is here.”

“Yes. They owe him billions. His entitlements and his father’s contracts .” Muhammad. “ And it is time to pay…I guess this got Abba sick. From what Adnan said, Uncle Abbas treated him badly and he may not help them…that means not helping Abba.”

“ If it is Adnan, he would do his best to help even though they don’t deserve it.” Gaddafi said.

They saw Adnan walk towards the ward while Aminu, Addy and Tofa followed him.
Zayyad could not believe this. If really he was Adnan, then he was working for Adnan.
Adnan! His messenger? God! Why? How did he do it? Adnan of all people? Jeez! He took Naairah away, married her, and then employed him.

They were allowed to see Alhaji Mukhtar. Adnan told them that seeing him was important to his health. There was a cause to his condition and something had to be done to help him psychologically.

Alhaji Mukhtar was lying on the bed, looking very weak but conscious. When he saw them, a sudden fear displayed on his face. He thought they were coming for the money.

Adnan looked at him and smiled.

“Abba, I am here because of the love I have for Naairah, and the respect I have for Gaddafi, and my love for Ummi.” He said. “ I would not like to go back to the past events. I also want you to forget about it. You have been looking for Adnan. I know everything and Adnan is here.”

Alhaji Mukhtar looked at his brother. They would not joke over something like this.

“Where is he?” He mumbled.

“ I am Adnan Abbas.” He said. “I have always been here.”

Alhaji Mukhtar looked at his brother. He did not have much strength to talk but the expression he saw on his brothers face told him what he wanted to know. But how? Hayat was Adnan? Did he undergo surgery?

“ I need you to be strong Abba.” Adnan said. “ If you people play the cards well, you will have no problems. It is my money, but I do not have the power to remit it. The crime is against the organization. So what do we do? Addy has to go for the test.
But it is going to be my call, my game and from now on, the cards are mine to play. If you go against the rules, then there will be a rebound. One: You must not let Mason know about me or this plan. Baba Ami….Abbas, Mason do not have personal liking for you or anyone. You have a function and if he realizes that you are of no use, then you become a gabbage.
If he finds out about me, then you are in for it. Warn your family members. The men Gajere talked to you about are not from The BOE per say. They are my men and I was going to make sure Addy went for the test

I have eyes too. I am not alone and remember that I am the real TCO, that is The Chosen One. Addy will be there but I will be the one answering the questions. It is not going to be a doddle. We are talking about one of the most highly technical men in the world.
We are going to use a device which will be fixed to him. Pray it works and I will be relating with you. I am going to use my PDA. What you people wanted in the past. I got another one built and it must remain a secret.

If Addy passes the test, Mason would want to know how he did it. I will tell you what to do. Then you will all have to report to us……..Mason is about to hijack the Evolution. We want to know get to him first.”

“ I don’t know what the Evolution is all about.” Aminu said.

“ There is a lot you are going to tell me. From the scratch. The names of DNA experts, your files and everything……if you want to have peace with my people. That may lead us to the Evolution. Mason is in hiding, ruling his world. If he succeeds in getting the Evolution, he would take over and man would suffer!”

“Does that mean we are not paying back the money?” They turned to see Alhaji Mukhtar sitting on the bed. He just asked that question.

Adnan was shocked.

“ Yes, if you people play by our rules.”

Adnan was right. It was not as easy as they thought and what they were going to find was beyond their imagination. It was deeper than they had anticipated.

Addy was going to USA for the test. The big test! Would he succeed?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Beneath My Heart by nizzyiyro09(f): 10:48pm On Oct 02, 2018
i think dis is a good plan Adnan do not want to expose himself to d elders yet.

1 Like

Re: Beneath My Heart by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 02, 2018
Divepen1, why is this story not on fp yet? angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beneath My Heart by okeyben10: 12:26am On Oct 03, 2018
mehnnn... talent dey o
respect boss!!!

1 Like

Re: Beneath My Heart by Ann2012(f): 3:08am On Oct 03, 2018
Adnan has a good heart

Thanks for the update
Re: Beneath My Heart by tijehi(f): 7:22am On Oct 03, 2018
Criis:
Divepen1, why is this story not on fp yet? angry

Help me ask nairaland moderators o. All Sokodobo's stories should be on FP..........ojoro moderators grin
Re: Beneath My Heart by Born2Breed(f): 8:28am On Oct 03, 2018
tijehi:

Help me ask nairaland moderators o. All Sokodobo's stories should be on FP..........ojoro moderators grin

Real Ojoro.

Dem don dey do PDP n APC here.
Re: Beneath My Heart by Born2Breed(f): 12:40pm On Oct 03, 2018
SokoDobo....the waiting is above our hearts. Any updates coming soon?

1 Like

Re: Beneath My Heart by Harzeezh123: 1:03pm On Oct 03, 2018
nice work bro u deserve something best in Life I pray all yr efffort we b crown by Almighty Allah
update we ar with u
Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 1:38pm On Oct 03, 2018
Born2Breed:
SokoDobo....the waiting is above our hearts. Any updates coming soon?

Apologies please. Update coming soon.

1 Like

Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2018
Harzeezh123:
nice work bro u deserve something best in Life I pray all yr efffort we b crown by Almighty Allah
update we ar with u

Ameen, thanks for your prayers. More updates coming.

1 Like

Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 1:46pm On Oct 03, 2018
“ Are you sure you want to do this?” Adnan asked her, his hands on her waist, her hands round his neck, and their face so close their breath blended. He touched her lips with his, he could feel her softness, and wished they could remain like that for ages.
She wanted to talk, but she was breathless. The hardness of his chest, his strong but comfortable hold, his hands handling her back, and she felt as if she going through a stream of chocolate, with sweetness all over her.

She looked into his eyes, his natural eyes and felt rays of compassion, sensation, and love. She felt fulfilment, and blessings. She was ready to be with him in whatever he was doing.

“ Yes, Hayati. I want to be involved.” She said softly, her hands moving from his neck to his chest and she began to use her fingers to make circle it. “ You did not train me for nothing.”

“I know but there might be risk.” He said, touched her neck with his lips and bit her with the lips and she felt a tickling sensation, she chuckled and made an attempt to push him away but he quickly transferred the lips to hers, kissed her, she relaxed then he smiled, “ My life is full of risk. I wish it was another way round.”

“I am not that pusillanimous, Hayati.” She said. “Life is full of risk. There is risk at every angle.”

“Miss Sunshine, I love you. I love you so much I want to catch every air you inhale, check and purify it before you inhale. I want to be your knight, watch you while you sleep at night, making sure the blanket is never out of place and you are on the right, for you I will fight, I am sure not I might, that I will love you through any plight, together we embark on this love flight, you come and enhance my sight.
Miss Sunshine, if I was an artist, I would paint your picture with the exact amount of pores you have because I have you in me. I close my eyes and see you, feel you, and the love is so intense I feel your eyes on me wherever I go. You implant fidelity, integrity, maturity, equity, sanity in my life my wife.

Each time I hear the word luck, I feel it is about me because I have you as a wife. When I hear life , I feel it is about me because I have you in my life. With my imperfection, you give me maximum delectation, satiation, and I feel like a prince but on second thought, you make a king.
I don’t know what lies ahead, but I know Allah knows what is ahead, and on Him we depend, and pray to, so we submit, commit our affairs to Him. I am doing this because of your father..and that is because of you, and then your mum and Gaddafi. And it would give us a chance to know what the Evolution is really all about.

If I tell you it is going to very easy, then that is kidology. We are dealing with a team of world brains. I just hope it goes well. We are leaving tomorrow but I think we can see how Abba is doing.”

“ I did not tell you but he is organizing one of his dinners again. This time, he called it nuclear dinner. That is for the nuclear family and that excludes the wives of my brothers. The only spouse allowed is you. I guess there is something he wants to say.”

“We have time, don’t we?”

“Yes. Thank you, Hayati.”

“ Can’t one do his duty without getting thanked?”

“Please tell me you want me to be of help. I can do it. You have not said anything about it.”

He hesitated.

“ Okay, my love. I never wanted you involved but…….I will work with you.”

“That is the least the wife of a computer genius should do.”

They kissed again before they left the house.

She looked at the wall clock for the umpteenth time, and dialled the phone again. It was a few minutes after mid-night. She had called his family house and they said he was not there. They also tried to call him but his line was switched off.
She could not sleep, or rest. This was unusual. He never stayed out late. She was trying not to panic, or start crying.
She heard the gate opened and a car drove in. She rushed out of the living room just as he drove in. She waited impatiently as he parked the car and came out of it. She rushed and hugged and then allowed the tears cascade.

“What happened? You got me scared.”

He held her and put his hand on her head.

“ I am sorry, Nadia.” Lawal said. “ My phone ran out of charge and my car broke down. I could not call my mechanic or get anyone. It was along a lonely road. No one was willing to stop for me. I had to trek a long distance to get someone who helped get a mechanic who he had to wake from his house. I had to offer him a large amount of money before he agreed to come with me.”

“ Oh my God! My poor baby.” She kissed him on the cheek. “ I was scared. I called Mama, they were worried too. Let me give them the good news.”

Nadia held his hand while she dialled his mother’s number. When the line connected, she told her that her was back. The mother demanded to speak with her son.

“ What kind of irresponsibility is that?” The woman vituperated. “ How dare you, a married man leave your wife and stay out so late?”

“Mama it was not my fault. I had a broken car, a phone that ran out of charge and was stranded.”

But the mother had put off the phone.

Lawal saw how happy Nadia was. They went inside and saw that she had not touched her food. She was waiting for him. How could he tell her that he was filled? How would she feel if she knew where he was coming from? He felt a wave of guilty conscience.
This had to stop. It was escalating and getting worse. He just got married four months ago and this was happening.

“ The dinner is set. I guess you want to change first, or….”

“I am very tired.” He said. “ The stress got me weak and I lost appetite. Besides Mama just spoke harshly to me.”

“I am sorry I only called them…..”

“I know it is not your fault.” He said with a forced smile. “ I just to sleep.”

She studied him for a few seconds. Maybe he was mentally stressed out.

“ Okay.”

“You have not had dinner. Please do that.”

“ I am good. Do you need a bath?”

“No.” He said and felt guilty again. He just had a bath not quit long ago.

“ A massage will do then.”

He could not refuse this. He nodded. They went inside the bedroom, he pulled off his clothes and wore just shorts. He climbed the bed.
She moved on the bed, and gently placed her hands on his shoulders. It felt cold on him and he felt a jolt. What was wrong? What had Saima done to him? He never bargained for this. Why did she have to come back to his life now?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 1:53pm On Oct 03, 2018
“Assalamu alaikum.” Adnan said as they went in.

“Ameen wa alaikum salam.” Abba replied.” You are welcome .You came at the right time. Please join us.”

Adnan and Naairah greeted everybody and joined them. All of her siblings were around. Hajiya Fatima was there, and Naairah gave her a hug before she sat down next to her husband. Her hand secretly went under the table, found his, grabbed it and gave it a light squeeze.
Dinner began. Adnan realized organizing dinner was one of Abba's hobbies . He could see one of the reasons he was so scared of poverty.
The dinner began. Adnan noticed that some of Naairah’s siblings looked uncomfortable, especially the three who roughened him: AbdulRasheed, Sa’eed and Muhammad.

“ I know that Adnan and his wife would be travelling very soon .” Alhaji Mukhtar began. “ So, I would be brief. I know you are all aware of what happened in the past. I also have a past and I let it affect my judgement. I was born into a very poor family. We lived in the village and all we did was farm.

Yaya Aminu was the first to go to bariqi ( city) and got into primary school. When he came home, I saw him writing and I was impressed. This aroused my interest in schooling. I wanted to go to school but our father would not allow me so I ran away from home, went to Minna where I had my primary school education. I later went to Teacher’s College before acquiring my NCE and became a teacher.
Yaya also had his secondary school education before he started working for some white men as a servant. One of the men took him to USA and got him a job as a cleaner. Then I heard he was in Bolivia before he returned.

I got married and within a few years, we were blessed with children. We wanted a female child and each time we had a child that was a male, we hoped for another until Naairah came. My salary could not support us and life was a hell.
So when Yaya came back and sent for me, I was blinded. Imagine one who barely got transportation to travel to Abuja coming back with six million naira. I swore never to go back to poverty. I enrolled into school and got my degree from University of Lagos. And later Yaya sent me to Ministry of Education to work. I rose to the rank of a Director, Permanent secretary and a Minister.

There are a lot of secrets I kept from you people just the way Yaya kept a lot from me. I hope this serves as a lesson and deterrent to us. I never questioned Yaya’s change of name or how he became a doctor.
We made a great mistake. Adnan was humiliated, and even bullied by us. Your mother and Gaddafi were not in support. I now know they knew better. We owe Adnan not just an apology, but gratitude because it was his wealth we were lying on. It was his power Yaya used to raise me and Tofa. I hope he finds a place in his heart to forgive us.
I must warn you all to keep this a secret. Not even your spouses should know. He is still Hayat to the rest of the world and it must remain like that. I just hope their trip is successful. The price of failure is high.”

“ Thank you very much sir.” Adnan said. “ I have nothing to say. The only thing I want to say is to implore that we should forget this ever happened. I have always….always….always…. ‘liked’ Naairah and that extended to the family. I pray we succeed.”

Gaddafi shook his head.

So Addy was a fake after all. He wished he could learn his lesson.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 1:59pm On Oct 03, 2018
Lawal came into the house and met Nadia sitting in the living room. It was obvious she had been crying. The situation had worsened. He now returned home late constantly and the little remorse he used to show was gone.
He would not even make up excuses, or try to explain. The dastardly act came to a peak when he slapped her the other day for asking him why he always stayed late. She could not believe he beat her. She cried but never told anyone.

She hoped he would come to his senses. There must be something wrong. It was unlike Lawal.

“ Welcome.” She said sulkily. “ How was your day?”

“ I want to talk to you.” He said curtly. “ I am getting married on Friday. I forgot to tell you. Three more days.”

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 2:08pm On Oct 03, 2018
NINETEEN

Addy woke up with a start in the city of California. He felt his heart banging. It was just a day to the test . He had to go to Adnan’s hotel for the final briefing. He looked back and saw Lori still sleeping. He had to pass this test. He hoped their plans worked out. He could not afford to lose her. He got up and walked into the restroom. He felt sick, nervous and jittery. He had to go and meet Adnan for the final plans. He just hoped it would work out.
He was not aware that there was someone by the window of a building next to theirs watching with a binocular.

“ I see movements.” The person said. “ He is inside.”

“ Okay.” Mason said from the other end. “ Make sure you don’t miss him. If anything goes wrong, take him down, if it goes right, then we have it.”

“ Yes, Sir.”

“ You have to be fast. His father has a link to watch it from afar. That is an official privilege. Do not give him time to raise an alarm.”

“Okay, sir. I am on it.”

“ Good. The Evolution is around the corner.”

“ It’s a new world.”

“ The new world.”

Nadia moved to Lawal and sat close to him.

“ I don’t know if I offended you.” She said. “ I just can’t understand what is happening.”

“How?”

“You know what I am talking about. You always come back late. I guess it is not every day you get a broken car. You don’t even bother to give me excuses any more. You don’t even pretend to care any longer. What wrong did I do to you?”

He gave her a smile.

“You did nothing wrong, Nadia. And I do not owe you any explanation. I have the right to come back any time I like.”

“Then why did you get married? A responsible married man do not come back any time he likes. He knows he has someone under his care and protection, someone who needs him….”

“I have security men, there are electronics and constant power supply. If you wish, you can bring one of your sisters to stay here and keep you company. But do not try to control me and this should be the first and last time you should insult me again. You just said I was irresponsible.”

What?

“Please honey, if there is something wrong you see in me, let me know.”

“I told you there is none. The only thing I see wrong in you is been pesky. Can you let me be please?”

“ But…..”

He hissed got up and walked away. He paused, turned then said, “Remember that I am getting married tomorrow.”

Nadia felt as if there was a bomb explosion in her head.

The morning was chilly, and Naairah sought refuge in her husband’s arms while they sipped cappuccino in their luxury hotel suite. It was their third day in California and it was fun. They had a lot of fun, going places and it Naairah’s first time in California. She had only been to Texas and Philadelphia.

The bell rang and she grimaced and grunted.

“ I think he is around.” She said with a pout.

“Let me get the door.”

“ Please let me have the honour of receiving my glorious cousin.” She got up, wore a white mink over her dress and walked out of the room. Before she went out, Adnan called, “ Miss Sunshine,” she turned.

“ I love you.”

“Awwnnn…the words I never get tired of hearing from you. I love you Hayati.”

He flashed a cosmic smile, and then blew her a kiss. She caught it then blew back a kiss. He caught it then the bell rang again.

She pouted again.

“Is he not a spoiler?” She said, smiled and went out. She crossed the parlour, and got to the door, peeped through the spyhole and saw Addy standing. She smirked.

She unlocked the door and opened it.

Addy stood by the doorway, dressed in a thick jacket, blowing cold air. She noticed that he still had some of his haughtiness. He did not greet her, he only said, “ tell Adnan I am around.”

She did not move or make any attempt of giving him way of entering.

“ I am afraid I asked him to change his mind.” She said confidently.

“What are you talking about Naairah?”

“I never knew you remembered my name.”

“ Come to your senses. We have a deal.”

“ Yes, and when I looked through it, it looked too dicey and I don’t want my husband involved.”

“Has it crossed your mind that this will affect you and your family?”

“We are of the same family.”

“Your dad is affected specifically. He was hospitalized for this.”

“He has come to terms with reality. The worse is returning the money which I don’t think he has. He has no direct business with them. But I don’t think this will be a problem for the almighty cousin of mine. I have always known you to be independent, strong, high levelled, and above the caboodle. I don’t want my husband involved so I told him to back off.”

“So he is hen-pecked after all.”

“ Listening to a woman does not make you hen-pecked. A real man has listening ears, dialoguing instincts, reasoning with a woman and given her the chance to take part in decision. He gives her the chance to choose colours or styles of home decoration, clothes to wear or channels to watch. He does not do this out of weakness but strength because a woman needs to be taken along. She is like his baby who says daddy I want this and he does it to make the child happy. He does not follow everything she says, even when he would disagree, he would make her understand why .
That is the kind of husband I have. And when I advised him to back off, he listened. I hope you know that he means a lot to me.”

“ Naairah, you are pathetic.”

“ I know, but who is more pathetic than he who has been living under someone else’s life? Like he is what he is because he is pretending to be someone else, he does not have what it takes to be that person, yet he suffers from megalomania.”

“ Naairah, we are cousins. You are my blood.”

“It seems you are just realizing this.”

Addy hit his forehead with his palm.

“ Okay, I am sorry. Please help me.”

The day was here! Her dream day. Addy on his knees.

“ I don’t know how I can help you.”

“Talk to him…..please.” He was not used to saying please. “ I beg of you, Naairah. The test is tomorrow. We can’t back out now. I know he can do it .Please Naairah. It seems I have being a jerk in the past. Please forgive me.”

She looked at him, then nodded.

“ Come in.” she said in triumph. It was a lie. She never told Adnan to back off. She just took him for a ride.

He followed her inside.

“Sit down.” She said.

He sat down on a sofa, his palms on his knees.

She went inside and met Adnan sitting on the bed.

“ I guess you were punishing the poor boy.”He said.

“Who told you that?”

“It may astonish you how much I know you.”

She smiled.

“ He begged me. The crown was off his head. Addy beg? Whoa….”

Adnan went out and met him. They shook hands.

“ How is Lori?”

Addy felt a sharp pain. Lori was at the verge of leaving. He just had to do this.

“She is good.” He replied. “We are good.”

Naairah came and joined them. Addy gave Adnan a sharp glance.

“She is part of it.” Adnan said. “ She has a great role to play.”

“Part of it?”

“ Yes. We need a satellite tracker and audio visual analyst. She is my product.”

Addy and Naairah exchanged glances. She gave him a smirk.

“Oh, that is great. Thank you for making my sister an ICT expert.”

“You are welcome. So, we must get to work.” Adnan said. He turned at Naairah and nodded. She got up, went into the room and came back with a laptop, she connected it to the TV and put it on.

There was a display. Adnan moved to the TV.

“The test is going to take place here at the W- Lodge.” Adnan said , pointing at a very large building. “ Do not ask me how I got my information. This place is a fortress, an internet impenetrable perimeter with the most secured internet system I know of. Nothing goes in or out unnoticed. The waves are under constant scrutiny. Any phone call made is been heard and recorded. Any electronic device is detected, and nothing is hidden in the body without being seen. This is the place you are going to stand before over two hundred brains ,masters drawn from all over the world.
BOE needs to know what they have been nursing and face the task that lies ahead. You are expected to manage the The Evolution, and other great inventions coming on. Only a few knows what the Evolution is all about. This will qualify you to there as TCO
You can see how difficult this is going to be. You have to be there with a chip, a transmitter that is connected to our system. We must see what is going on there, hearken properly so I would be telling you what to say.”

Adnan looked at Addy.

“How do we fix this chip on you, and you go into a place like this undetected?”

Addy said nothing. He knew Adnan was not expecting answers. But it made him looed dumb in presence of his cousin.

“That is why we are here, Addy. If you must go in there with a transmitter, then we have to rack the brain. I and Naairah have been going through this. This is the entrance…”He pointed at satellite image. “ There is detector that magnifies sounds to the index of 100 in base ten. That means the smallest sound is been scrutinized. We must find a way to get you through because there is a micro buzz radiating from the chip.
If you cross over, there is a scanner here that scrutinizes you physiological and anatomical aspects. Any foreign body is detected and anything outside natural metabolic reactions is noted. This will then tell if you are having a phone, a PC, wristwatch, or whatever is on you. We have to cross this part.

Here….” He slid the images, “ they have a blocking and disenabling device which renders all electronic devices functionless. Your wristwatch would stop working, including your phones, computers, transmitters ,and so on.”

Adnan glanced at Addy.

“You are going to stand here, and the test would be conducted. There will be two channels that would transmit the test to six places. The Grandpappe would watch it, so will the Prime Captain , Security head, head of operations, your father who ought to have been my father, and two other officials. So, Addy, you can see that we have a lot to do. There is no 100% way to a win.”

Addy was losing hope already.

“ But I got ideas.” Adnan said. “ They created a problem, and I took it as a challenge. We must find a way to get you in there with that chip…….. but you must do a lot of work. I hope you are ready?”

Addy nodded, realizing that he was feeling hot already.

Just some hours to the day!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beneath My Heart by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 03, 2018
SokoDobo:
Lawal came into the house and met Nadia sitting in the living room. It was obvious she had been crying. The situation had worsened. He now returned home late constantly and the little remorse he used to show was gone.
He would not even make up excuses, or try to explain. The dastardly act came to a peak when he slapped her the other day for asking him why he always stayed late. She could not believe he beat her. She cried but never told anyone.

She hoped he would come to his senses. There must be something wrong. It was unlike Lawal.

“ Welcome.” She said sulkily. “ How was your day?”

I want to talk to you.” He said curtly. “ I am getting married on Friday. I forgot to tell you. Three more days.”

The nerve undecided
Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 2:11pm On Oct 03, 2018
Don't forget to bless our ministry by buying our books cheesy cheesy

Married to A Fink = N1,500
The Root of A Cynosure = N1,500

All two = N2,000

Send a mail to info.bellanbooks@gmail.com to order

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beneath My Heart by Harzeezh123: 2:44pm On Oct 03, 2018
u 2 much bro
Re: Beneath My Heart by ifiokjohn(m): 5:36pm On Oct 03, 2018
Bros i swear you too GOOD.. If only you fit get link to Hollywood make you sale am.

My guy you are doing good and you can earn alot from this pure work of art
Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 11:59pm On Oct 03, 2018
It began on his wedding day at the reception. They were seated at the high table when she came in with two of her friends.
Sa'ima was voluptuous and statuesque. Her chocolate coloured skin was soft. Clean and attractive. Lawal caught sight of her as she came in and felt a jolt. What was she doing here? At first, it was anger that swept through him. How could she dare come to his wedding reception?
Well ,it was good she came, so she could see how happy he was with Nadia. To hell with her. Sa'ima had watched him in his romantic mood with his new wife, feigned to be happy for them and even brought gifts.

It was towards the end of the reception she texted him: Congratulations! I am so happy for you. You sure do know how to choose a spouse. She is so beautiful and you guys look so seraphic. I am just a little pissed off you did not inform me. How could my friend get married without notification? But I forgive you. That is what we used to do, right? Forgive each other. We used to break up to make up. What a bond we shared then and even though we are no more, what we had can never be forgotten. I wish you a blissful married life, love.
Lawal had hissed , discarded the message and forgotten about her. He was now so into Nadia and that was all.

One month after the wedding, he met her in a shopping mall. He was with Nadia and they exchanged pleasantries. Sa'ima had been so warm with smiles and nice words Nadia liked her at once. She introduced herself as Lawal’s former schoolmate which was true. They attended the same secondary school.
They started a relationship while he was in SS1 and she was in JSS 2. It started from a social night where he was asked to pick from the devil’s basket. The task was to pick a girl, kneel down and tell her he loved her.
He ended up picking her and some of his mates were screaming because he chose a Junior student. She was very shy, covering her face with her palms and her mates started shout, “go,go,go,go,go Saima, go Saima go. Go Saima ,go Saima,go.”
She had to be pushed by one of her excited mates and she came on stage, feeling very shy. Lawal was given the microphone by the social prefect.

He knelt before her, and then looked into her eyes and he felt something at once. In most cases, such things ended on stage but just that look into her eyes gave him a spark.

“ I don’t know your name, Princess Heather , but my heart knows the name of your soul which nobody knows, not even me but my heart does. I think it is a communication of the hearts, interpreted by the bodies, announced by the mouth. May you continue to reign for ever, both in this world and hereafter. I love you, Princess.”

There was a seethed heat of excitement, whistling, screams and hailing as he said those words. Saima had covered her face and ran out of the stage. That was how they started a relationship which blossomed.
They were both in a boarding school. This relationship lasted until one year before he got married to Nadia. They were crazy over each other, but they broke up over seven times only to make up. But the last break up seemed to be the most serious.

They had planned to get married, and their parents were aware of the relationship. All of a sudden, Sa'ima changed. She stopped calling him, stopped replying to his calls, until he discovered that she had jilted him. She was into another relationship. Lawal was heartbroken. He begged her but she told him that it was not a result of something wrong he did. She was just tired of the relationship.
Lawal went through hell before he finally gave up. Meeting Nadia healed him. They met and fell in love and he forgot about Sa'ima. He got married to Nadia.

After the meeting at the shopping mall, Sa'ima began to call him, say hello and sound platonic. Then she went to his office that day, dressed in a tight dress which accentuated her natural body endowments.

“ Sa'ima, what do you want from me?” He had asked her. “ I am happily married and I wish you would give me some space to enjoy my marital life.”

“ I don’t mean any harm. I know how you feel and have the right to feel that way. That is the stupidest thing I ever did in my life. I am happy for you and want you to enjoy your life but what pains me is the fact that after everything, the years we spent together, as my first boyfriend, and the love we shared , we would end up like this.”

“That is fate.”

“You see me as one who broke your heart.”

“No, you mended my heart and fortified it.”

“Lawal..”

“I don’t know why we are even talking about this. I hold no grudge against you. It is over. What happened between us is a past. I am married and hope you do the same very soon. I wonder why you and…..Yazeed are not married up till now.”

“Yazeed was a mistake.” She confessed. “ Do I call it youthful exuberance? I don’t know what got into me.”

“ Suit yourself. Please excuse me.”

“Lawal, you can’t be this cold towards me. Even if there is nothing between us, you should have some compassion….”

“May Allah be with you, guide you and help you. Please leave my office.”

“Are you sending me away?”

“I am advising you to leave. I got a job to do.”

She left but that was not the end. She met him again at the gym. She knew he used to go to the gym and she went there with the pretence of exercise. She wore Yoga pants and they met. She did not act as if she saw him, but he saw her.
Their eyes met and she acted as if she was surprised. They exchanged pleasantries. She did not really talk to him that day. She let her body did the talking.

“ I know you hate me,” she told him one day,“I also hate myself for what I did to myself. Letting you slip off my hands is the greatest harm I ever inflicted on myself. You were the first man I ever had, from the days I could not even talk to you boldly except through notes.
I know you asked me to go and get married. Did you ever bother to ask what happened between me and Yazeed? Did you know? Did you know that you refused to let me move on because my heart is stuck with you? I try to let you out of my mind, forget about you but I can’t. I left Yazeed for you. I came back to find you in another relationship.
I don’t blame you but myself. Lawal, I still love you and I know you still love me.
I am not asking for a relationship. I just need you to be there for me. You are married and that ends it. But please be a brother to me, you know me more than any man on earth. Please don’t leave me…” She burst into tears and hugged him. It was so fast he could not stop her and before he knew it, her soft body was on his.

Forbidden fruit could taste sweet.

Satan makes sure of that.

Lawal found himself feeling her warmth, consoling her while his hands held her tight. He was deceiving himself that he was only helping a sister in need. So the relationship rekindled.

Sa'ima lived with her mother who was an active politician and divorcee. She was not always around or had much time to see to what they were doing. She had three daughters . Lawal would stay in the house up till 12:00am.
One day, she intentionally spilled drinks on him acting as if it was a mistake. She urged him to have a bath, while she cleans his shirt. While he was in the bathroom, she opened the door and went in. He was shocked. They never did this before. Why now?

She asked him to relax that she was going to wash him. She was clad only in a transparent tight night gown. He looked at her body and felt too weak to reject. She washed him. They never had sex but crossed the line.
Now, he wanted to get there. He wanted to own her. She was good at keeping records. She still had his notes, the ones he wrote while they were in secondary school, even his bandana, and a cardigan he gave her. He felt no one could love him like she did.

Gradually, she won his heart completely, and he began to regret why he got married to Nadia. He had gone to her that day when he met her crying. He was disturbed. He asked her what was wrong.

“ There was a family meeting.” She said. “ My father said he is going to marry me off to a son of his friend if I don’t present someone to him within the next one month. He wants to join the marriage with that of my half-sister.”

Lawal was disturbed. He did not want to lose her. And he just got married about three months ago. There was only one solution: Get married to her.

“ Will you marry me, Sa'ima?” He had asked the big question.

So the wedding plan started.

Now the wedding had just been knotted.

Nadia was at home crying, waiting for the arrival of the bride and bridegroom from Kebbi State wher Sa'ima’s father was based.

“ Hello.” Lawal called Nadia.

“Hello.” She replied.

“Nadia, I am sorry for the inconvenience. I sent two girls to help you pack your things to the other room. Saima said she does not like the room but I know you are the senior wife so you would understand more than she does. I hope you don’t mind? We are coming back tomorrow insha Allah. I miss you.”

“ I don’t understand. You mean I should pack out my present room for her? Why can’t she use the other room?”

“You don’t know Sa'ima. Very childish. I tried to talk to her ,she refused. She was even crying. Please help me do that.”

“This is not fair…”

“What is not fair? Don’t I have a right to my house? I was trying to be diplomatic.Do not let me come and meet your things in that room! What is wrong with you?”

“Okay.” She said . “ I will move out of the room. Congratulations!”

“Thank you. I love you. Good bye.”

Was she dreaming? Was this how her life was going to be? She could sense a big trouble already. She did not even know a thing about this bride of his. Oh no……

She cried the way she had never cried.

The next day, Saima came into the house. The new woman in the house.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 6:49am On Oct 04, 2018
Addy alighted the Limousine, three men dressed in black suits stood behind him. He loved this, and was glad Lori was with him. This was to remind her that he was still very important. The zeal to make it through proliferated but the sight of the big building reduced his confidence.

“ I am sorry, she cannot not go inside with you.” An official said.

“Why?” Addy asked.

“Protocols and you should know better,sir.”

“What? I am his wife?” Lori said.

His wife! Addy wanted her to repeat that.

“We are aware of that but like I said ,protocols.”

Addy turned at her, tried to hold her but she gave him a cold look.

“I will be in the hotel.” She said. “ Do not forget.”

He nodded. He would be back for her, as the bonafide TCO, with his powers and money fully back and increased. He was going to make sure he did that.

“I will not forget. "

She went back into the car and was driven away without giving him a second look.
He began to walk towards the entrance.
Somewhere was Naairah sitting in front of three monitors, a key board in front of her while the monitors displayed.
Not too far from her was Adnan, a computer in front of him, connected to a customized WC brain box. He was set. Naairah noticed the change in him. He was so official, his jovial mood gone and she realized she was going to watch him in action for the first time. She was eager to see what the test was like and he was going to deal with it.

“ Subject in motion.” Adnan said and Naairah became alert at once.

She tapped some keys, connected the Satellite tracking system, caught Addy’s transmitter and nodded.

“ Good.” She said.

“Okay, He is three hundred yard away from the first WL detector.” He said, “ I am using WFA to diffract , exactly 40 degrees to the west, and 30 to the east. Do you get his position”

“Yes. I can see the your Tinged wave rays.”

“Good. Tell him to be at least a foot in between the waves. We got just twelve seconds to make him pass there.”

“Okay.” She said and studied Addy’s image. “ Addy, take two steps to the right and maintain the lane. When you get to the spot, I will give you a green light. You got just twelve seconds to cross the detector zone.

Addy made an okay sign with his hands down. Naairah wondered how Adnan did that. He programmed Addy’s body outlines. The okay sign he just made was sent to her, magnified and translated to yes. They has spent the whole day yesterday practicing.

Addy had to admit that Adnan was the real deal.
Addy moved cautiously, aware that he was being watched, eyes, electronic detectors, but he was determined to cross in.
Adnan pressed a key, and there was a soft windy sound, and some waves were diffracted from the detecting machines. This was going to take just thirteen seconds before the operators guiding it took note of the defiance.

Addy was there, about to pass though, just twelve seconds, he was about to move in when he heard, “ Addy.”

He turned to see Lori alighting from the car. “ Just a moment.”

What?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beneath My Heart by teebee22(f): 6:52am On Oct 04, 2018
I can sense trouble already. poor Nadia

did Lori just did that. OMG.
Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 6:53am On Oct 04, 2018
TWENTY

There was a knock at the door.
Nadia got up lazily, being tired after packing and settling into her new room. She walked to the door and opened the door. She had been indoors, hearing the noises and excitement of the bride’s friends as they accompanied her to the house last night.
Nadia had gone to welcome them, and then left when she felt uncomfortable with them. She had quietly returned to her room, locked the door and cried. What did she get herself into? How could Lawal get married to another lady just four months after getting married to her? Why? She cried, and remembered what her mother told her.

“Be patient, Nadia.” Her mother had said. “It is not just about Lawal, it is a test from Allah and also a test for him. If he knew the risk of having more than one wife, they would think twice. A man must be fair and just. Most men don’t think of it these days. They just get married blindly, and treat one better, or neglect the other. That is left for him but just do your duties as a wife, for the sake of Allah.”

Nadia saw Sa'ima standing before the door, dressed in skin tight and vest, with a heavy make-up. Nadia just saw her clearly and remembered the face. The girl they met at a shopping mall. What!

“Good morning.” Sa'ima greeted politely with a smile. “ I am Sa'ima, the new woman of the house.”

Nadia tried to control herself.

“I am glad to meet you.”

Saima smirked.

“ We don’t have options other than to be glad.” She said.” Can I come in? I just felt we should talk.”

Nadia hesitated.

“Come inside.” She said and made a way for her. Saima went in and sat on the edge of the bed. Nadia leaned on the wall and folded her hands across her chest.

“ I know I should not be the one to ask you to sit down in your room but I would have preferred you sit down.” Sa'ima said.

“I am comfortable like this.” Nadia replied. “I have been lying in bed for a while.”

Sa'ima shrugged.

“ I found it imperative to come and talk to you. I am a lady of peace and I would like to live with you in peace. I know you are the first wife, but I and Lawal have come a long way. I don’t know if he told you about us.”

“ I don’t think that is necessary. He does not owe me any explanation.”

“ Okay. I was in JSS 2 when we started dating. He was in SS1. You know this first love of a thing. Something happened and we could not get married at that time. But we realized that we were made for each other. I pushed him to marrying you. If I knew, I would have not done it but Lawal can’t get me off his mind.
Now that he is married to me, I urge you to understand the true state of affairs. Please, I want him to be staying in my room permanently. I am not saying he can’t come to you. He will come and by 10:00 pm, he would return to me and sleep.
I don’t think I can stand him passing the night with someone else. You don’t know what we share. I know how I felt all those days he would be with me and say he had to go home. And he would leave and I will be left alone.
I am just asking for a favour. I told him to tell you this but he could not. So, he asked me to come and tell you myself. He suggested that we should not tell you, he would just put it into action but I refused. I am also a woman and that won’t be fair. I should tell you….”

“But you know I can’t oblige to that…”

"I just came to tell you and not seek for permission. We don’t need your consent. I am just telling you what is on ground. Nadia, that is your name, right? I think it's important you know that Lawal is mine. I don’t know if I can share him for long. But for now, he is mine. And I told him to build a kitchen at the back yard for you. I need this kitchen. I can’t share kitchen.
For the time being, I won’t be cooking until he gets you a kitchen. I also advised him to get a cook. It will be better if we use a cook. You can eat what you cook but I assure you that he won’t eat your food again.

I know that is a great favour I am doing you. No more stress. I hate cooking myself. But I will have to be cooking for him at least thrice a week. That’s for love..” She chuckled. “ Lawal, enhh! He makes me do things I don’t want to do. He will come to my place and make me cook noodles, or chips and eat. I had no option other than to do it for him. And he will come back home and tell you that he is filled……”

“ Please enough of this. I have heard enough. You don’t have to tell me what you plan to do. Just go and do it. I only say Allah is a witness to everything. Let him do as he wishes, and I leave everything to Allah. If You don’t mind, I need to do some packing. You are welcome to the family.”

“I am the one to welcome you because I was with him before you….and you do not have the right to ask me to leave any part of this house. He is still alive and you have not inherited any part.”

"You were with him before me? As what? A concubine or mistress?”

“How dare you refer to me as that?”

“ Figure it out yourself. If you won’t leave my room, then I will leave for you. I thought you really came for peace but I was wrong.”

“ Wait! I will leave.” She said. “ It is not the room you should leave for me, it is the house.”

“Now you have confessed.” Nadia said. “ If Allah says I will leave, definitely I will but if he says no, then there is nothing you can do about it.”

Sa’ima smirked.

“I don’t think I have more time for this. He is waiting for me. He is so hungry for me.” She said and walked out, flaunting her body.

Nadia went and closed the door, before she dropped on the bed to cry.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 6:59am On Oct 04, 2018
Addy was in a dilemma. Here was Lori, his love coming towards him. With their groggy relationship, what would happen if he went in and left her? But she would leave him if he stayed because loosing this chance was tantamount to losing the test.

“I have to go Lori. I will see you later” He said and slipped in .Lori stood shocked. He just walked out on her. How dare he? He did it in presence of people? Who the hell did he think he was? He was going to pay for this!

Naairah frowned.

“He nearly messed up. One more second, it would have failed” she said with a pout. “He almost got distracted.”

“Okay.” Adnan said. “ He is at the second base. Are you ready?”

“I am on it.” she said.

Ten minutes later, Addy was entering the hall successfully after the hurdles. Now as he stood before the super brains, he felt all his confidence drifting away. It was like a UN conference, coming before the heads of nations to explain why you killed each of their wives.
The men all sat, given him a quizzical look, most of them wondering about him, the genius that had been kept hidden for years, the child who had an IQ 0f 350. They were excited, and curious.

After all protocols was observed, a Chinese man announced.

“ Ladies and gentlemen, great minds of the globe, we have here the incredible TCO. On the way to Evolution. The topics are general. Memory measurement, ICT, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Geography, Government, Politics, Religion, Mathematics, and lot’s more.”

Addy felt his intestines twisting.

“ Calm down.” He heard Adnan say through the transmitter, “Your blood pressure is rising.”

Addy tried to relax and why the heck was he still thinking of Lori? Was she angry? Was she going to forgive him?

“ I am professor Khan, from Indian Lodge.” The first examiner said, “ My question is on Physics….”

Adnan drew back his chair, left the computer screen and faced Naairah. The time was here to test himself.

“ I am interested about the argument of source of gravity. What are the arguments and conclusion known to science concerning the source?”

“ What goes on to give rise to gravity is one of the greatest mysteries left to solve in physics.” Adnan began while Addy said it to them. “ The gravitational force of attraction between two objects is given by F (grav)= GMm/r squared and F? m(v squared)?/r from circular motion…………”

He went on to explain before by saying, “ We learnt from Isaac Newton and his law of gravitation that any two objects in the universe exert a force of attraction on each other. We also know that gravity can work in complex systems with several objects. In our solar system, not only does the sun exert gravity on all the planets, keeping them in their orbits, but each planet exerts a force of gravity on the sun as well as all other planets too, all to varying degrees based on the mass and distance between the bodies.
Albert Eistein explained how gravity is more than just a force: it is a curvature in the space ……” He kept on explaining until he concluded by saying, “ and so the mystery remains officially for now but I am propounding a mathematical fomular, looking into Eintein’s theory, using the penny slot cyclone machines or bicycle spiral around the velodrome with other theoretical applications because our understanding of both particle physics and the geometry of gravity is incomplete.”

They spent hours, and it was obvious that he brain was an enigma. There was no doubt they had TCO who would lead the Evolution and other projects.
They watched Addy with admiration and respect. What a savant. They had prepared to take him down to knees but he did not just answer their questions, he suggested theories beyond their scope. The test was coming to a conclusion when a young man raised his hands.

“ Last question please.” The Chinese anchor said.

“ Thank you. I am Vladislav Vahdeem.” He said. “ I am a psychologist from Russian Lodge. I am not going to ask you about psychology. You answered 98 per cent of the questions correctly and I watched you keenly. I must say there is a confliction between the things you say, and your expression.”

What?

“ Your words are bridged, though it is not noticeable to most people but it is to me because it is my field.”

“Mr Vladislav, what are you talking about?” The Chinese man asked.

Aminu, Alhaji Mukhtar and Tofa were all watching this. They were very happy until this point. Who was this Russian trying to raise dust?

“ I suspect that he is receiving information from somewhere.” Said the man. “ He is definitely not answering these questions himself.”

“ How? He was standing here alone.” Said the Chinese man.

“A transmitter perhaps.”

“ That could have been detected.” Said the Chinese man. “ We have an impenetrable security system here.”

Vladislav nodded.

“ Thank you.” He said and sat down.

They all got on their feet and gave Addy a standing ovation. He was now going to be coronated as TCO, with millions of dollars as allowance, and vested with more powers. He was also going to be meeting with presidents, prime ministers to discuss environmental and scientific problems and see how the organization can be of help.

“ He is coming out.” Naairah said.

“I have disenabled the transmitter. It is now neutral.” Adnan said with deep breath. Naairah looked at him. “ Are you human?”

He gave her a smile.

“I am trying to figure that out myself. That is the power of Allah. He made me so.”

“Oh my God! I nearly ran out of the room as you kept mentioning those big technical terms. Why don’t you do this yourself. He can’t be under your wings for life. Did you see how they clapped for him?”

“Let him take the glory for all I care.” Adnan said. “ I want to tag along. I don’t want Mason to know about me. They have an hidden agenda. I will use Addy to get at them. I also have an agenda.”

Naairah pushed back her chair, walked to him and sat on his laps.

“Enough of the stuff for the day. I guess you would do with a massage. Come on, your masseuse is ready for work…..”

Addy was on call. He was shocked to See Lori waiting for him. What was wrong? She was not allowed inside so she sat on the hood of the car.
She saw at ones that her husband was looking more important and happy. Okay, she just wanted him to know that she still loved him and then apologise for being so demanding and asking for a divorce.
And that meant a long session in the room tonight. She had been so harsh on him.
Addy was walking towards her, three men behind him, all dressed in black suit. Out of nowhere a black Buick appeared, two men sprang out, holding AK 47 and fired shots. The three men guarding Addy were killed at one. A van came behind the Buick, four men with face masks came out and showed Addy a gun.
They jerked him, shoved him into the van and drove off. The Buick followed.

Lori screamed!

One of the men in the Buick raised his phone.

“We got him.”

Mason gave an evil smile.

“ Good.” He said and ended the call.

Maya was sitting on a chair, playing with her fingernails.

“ Tiger 606.”

“ Aminu lied to me.” Mason said. “ He did not do the swap. Addy is Adnan. The bastard has the Babangida blood. Only Adnan could pass that test.”

“So what are we going to do with him?”

“ Having him is the best thing to happen to us.” Mason said. “ The Evolution is about to be ours.”

“Are we going to tell Tiger?”

“No. Let him be kept out of it. We are cutting all ties with him. He is no more of importance. We have Adnan Abbas.”

Meanwhile. Aminu was celebrating in Nigeria. Only if he knew what Mason wanted to do with Addy…

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beneath My Heart by SokoDobo: 7:03am On Oct 04, 2018
SokoDobo:
Don't forget to bless our ministry by buying our books cheesy cheesy

Married to A Fink = N1,500
The Root of A Cynosure = N1,500

All two = N2,000

Send a mail to info.bellanbooks@gmail.com to order
Re: Beneath My Heart by Omoobanla18: 7:56am On Oct 04, 2018
Wow! Sokodobo man. Serving us hot hot
Adnan has a plan! I love this story

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beneath My Heart by teebee22(f): 8:48am On Oct 04, 2018
Wow. I almost ran out with naairah on those terminology. lol. I think am loving adnans plan.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (28) (Reply)

Mask Hunter / Birthmark / In Love With Her Pastor-episode 1 By Angelsss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.