Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Career Choice After Studying Marketing? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Choice After Studying Marketing? (7353 Views)

Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. / I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. / Is Counselling A Good Career Choice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 28, 2018
Good morning fellow nairalanders, am currently studying marketing at one of the reputable polytechnic in the country,
Please I need your candid advice on choosing a self dependent career in marketing,

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by ridonebabat(m): 11:40am On Aug 28, 2018
Good advice
Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by ridonebabat(m): 11:59am On Aug 28, 2018
chukwuma0000:
Good morning fellow nairalanders, am currently studying marketing at one of the reputable polytechnic in the country,
Please I need your candid advice on choosing a self dependent career in marketing,

Thanks.

You see advice from the experts in the field
Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by ridonebabat(m): 12:02pm On Aug 28, 2018

1 Like

Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by holaoni(m): 5:27am On Aug 29, 2018
chukwuma0000:

Thanks.

will be glad to hear from you if you have been able to get a good response to this. I'm as well studying marketing.

1 Like

Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by OboOlora(f): 6:50am On Aug 29, 2018
Baba make I nor lie u, na Mutual Benefits las las o, u go de waka upandan Abule Egba to VI de sell policy under sun on top 20m salary n 12k commission

17 Likes

Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by id4sho(m): 6:51am On Aug 29, 2018
you can employed by roadside shop or thrif Store. I hope i answered you well.
Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by Exwizard: 6:52am On Aug 29, 2018
They market
Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by jaywhoco(m): 6:53am On Aug 29, 2018
chukwuma0000:

Thanks.
Yabatech?
Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by XaviDayo(m): 6:54am On Aug 29, 2018
I studied marketing too in Kaduna polytechnic. Banks will easily snap you up if you are within the age range they want. Pharmacitical companies will also be glad to have you. I have classmates that got jobs marketing drugs and were given very clean cars.

Thanks to TEF, I am doing my own business. So, wish u luck mate. Ciao

3 Likes

Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by Obaf1(m): 6:55am On Aug 29, 2018
Let park here and learn, anyone with good advice should mention me oh, me self need am badly.

1 Like

Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by donnie(m): 6:59am On Aug 29, 2018
You went to school to get a job. That's the problem.

5 Likes

Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by qanda: 7:01am On Aug 29, 2018
OK
Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by Flintstone06(m): 7:04am On Aug 29, 2018
Intelligent question... People will not rush here to discuss. Na fight them go dey find upandan about the lifeless one.

Op, there are hundreds of available options. You could swerve to digital marketing if you don't like field work. These e-commerce Companies like Jumia and konga have marketing departments you could work with to design marketing plans.

My own contribution.

5 Likes

Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by opalu: 7:05am On Aug 29, 2018
Ok
Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by Christianokaro(m): 7:08am On Aug 29, 2018
donnie:
we all have our different reasons for going to school
some to learn and contribute to knowledge, some others still believe its the first step to earning a living.
anyway a career is always at the back of every scholar's mind

2 Likes

Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by Aquariann: 7:08am On Aug 29, 2018
Learn a trade/skill/handwork now that you're still in school. That'll be a good place to start when you graduate

2 Likes

Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by Offpoint: 7:11am On Aug 29, 2018
I guess trekking is your calling then.... you go waka, in fact... in my pastor voice "you'll go places" in the interpreter's voice " O yoo lọ ibi se" grin

2 Likes

Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by SEONaijaExpert: 7:12am On Aug 29, 2018
The only marketable form of marketing in this dispensation and more is digital marketing

5 Likes

Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by divinelove(m): 7:13am On Aug 29, 2018
chukwuma0000:

Thanks.

find who to sell market for now, if you can produce results Na job go rush. like get accounts worth 500million for a bank in 6months. angry

1 Like

Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by Emvicprints1: 7:15am On Aug 29, 2018
Aquariann:
Learn a trade/skill/handwork now that you're still in school. That'll be a good place to start when you graduate
please what kind of skill
Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by donnie(m): 7:16am On Aug 29, 2018
Christianokaro:

we all have our different reasons for going to school
some to learn and contribute to knowledge, some others still believe its the first step to earning a living.
anyway a career is always at the back of every scholar's mind

One goes to school to get a marketing job afterwards. Another goes to school to become a marketing consultant or to own an agency. It's a choice.

1 Like

Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by 360command: 7:18am On Aug 29, 2018
chukwuma0000:

Thanks.
if you don't use marketing to sell yourself, your brand then be prepared to walk the street and earn commission. If you can market for a company, you can market a product you buy somewhere and sell elsewhere.. Think well cause the street is military.

4 Likes

Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by webincomeplus(m): 7:20am On Aug 29, 2018
In this time and age, your best bet is to enrol for a course in digital/internet marketing.

With that, you can start your own marketing agency. Alternatively, take that to the labour market and you'd have an edge over others. Tell any employer that you have what it takes to help them attract more customers over the Internet, and see them prepare your employment letter immediately.

2 Likes

Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by nonxo007(m): 7:21am On Aug 29, 2018
chukwuma0000:

Thanks.

In this present dispensation there are lots of options out there for you, you can work anywhere, but first learn to market yourself, become a brand and boom companies would be looking to hire to market for them.
Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by obembet(f): 7:21am On Aug 29, 2018
chukwuma0000:

Thanks.

Am glad to inform you that u studied best course, don't mind the haters... I studied mathematics in school in UI (2.1) after I waka upnddan for job and spend all my allawae on transport, then I join one reputable insurance company, though the job is very tough at the beginning but today, I can't quit the job for another that will not offer me minimum of 400k per month cos of what am earning in month. Marketing is the best Job, u have time for your self, u have time to think, and no body will enslaved you forever... Congratulations in adv

5 Likes

Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by charles009(m): 7:23am On Aug 29, 2018
Youve made the best possible choice. Now listen.

17ears ago, I gained admission to study marketing, numerous encounters reminded me of how it would have benefitted me if I become a doctor, lawyer etc.

Now fast forward 17 years after, I am doing very very well far better than I ever imagined.

Marketing is different from selling but I will assume under the Nigerian context, its all about selling.
Marketing/sales requires a certain skill set, so scoring the best grades in school will not guarantee you outright success.
You need to prepare yourself, learn the rudiments, develop a thoroughly unrelenting mindset. Most importantly believe in yourself. I urge you never to let people disillusion your passion. Always remember that believing in yourself is where it all begins.

I currently have a very fulfilling career, currently in a management position in one of Nigerias largest financial institutions.

Yes you CAN!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by hesilo(m): 7:26am On Aug 29, 2018
XaviDayo:
I studied marketing too in Kaduna polytechnic. Banks will easily snap you up if you are within the age range they want. Pharmacitical companies will also be glad to have you. I have classmates that got jobs marketing drugs and were given very clean cars.

Thanks to TEF, I am doing my own business. So, wish u luck mate. Ciao
please what is TEF? is it some loan or grant issuing initiative?
Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by TheMatrix3: 7:27am On Aug 29, 2018
donnie:
Isnt that the problem with our educational system.. very very sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by InvertedHammer: 7:30am On Aug 29, 2018
/
Arguably one of the best courses out there if you can hone your skills and implement acquired knowledge.

You will have a career in all aspects of life.

/

2 Likes

Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by Aquariann: 7:31am On Aug 29, 2018
Emvicprints1:
please what kind of skill

Something you're not taught in class can put food on your table... Tailoring, Photography, Cinematography, Web design etc.

Upon graduation, you incorporate your educational knowledge (and course of study like in Op's case, Marketing) to your business. This makes you stand out from the uneducated Tailor or photographer out there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Career Choice After Studying Marketing? by jeezy255: 7:33am On Aug 29, 2018
OboOlora:
Baba make I nor lie u, na Mutual Benefits las las o, u go de waka upandan Abule Egba to VI de sell policy under sun on top 20m salary n 12k commission

your mean

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Yardstick Would You Use To Measure Success In Your Career / Where Can I Work As A Motion Graphics Professional / NLC, NUT Accuse El-rufai Of Plotting To Sack 21,000 Teachers, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.