Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Buhari Quickly Withdraws His Statement After Public Outrage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Quickly Withdraws His Statement After Public Outrage (3936 Views)

Uche Mefor Places Curse On IPOB, Withdraws His Blessings / El-rufai Absent From The Platform After Public Outrage / Kogi Youths Guard Dino Melaye After Police Withdraws His Security (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Quickly Withdraws His Statement After Public Outrage by Prinq: 11:11am On Sep 02, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari, has withdrawn the statement he made a few days ago, that the rule of law must be subjected to national interest and security.
President Buhari while speaking with the German Chancellor, Angel Merkel, said that his administration will always uphold the sanctity of the rule of law, in governing the country.
Presidential Spokesman, Garba Shehu, made this known in a statement.
He said: “In his remarks during a bilateral meeting, the President said unity and harmony in every society can only be preserved by observing the rule of law, and ensuring that agreements reached in good faith, are followed through to the mutual benefit of countries.
“President Buhari told Chancellor Merkel and members of her delegation, that the rule of law embodies all the rightful mechanisms for conflict resolution, both within the country, and in dealing with all foreign partners, assuring that his administration remains focused on delivering a peaceful, economically viable, and politically stable polity to all Nigerians”, Shehu said.
Recall, that while speaking at the opening ceremony of the Nigerian Bar Association, NBA, Conference, last Sunday, Buhari claimed that it was a settled law that national security should always come before the rule of law.
“Rule of Law must be subject to the supremacy of the nation’s security and national interest”, the President told the gathering of Lawyers.
President Buhari’s comment was however, condemned by a Nobel Laureate, Wole Soyinka, as well as several Lawyers, including Human Rights Activist, Femi Falana, and other well-meaning Nigerians.
In a statement on Thursday, Soyinka had mocked the President, by saying that Buhari had obviously given a deep thought to his travails under a Military Dictatorship, and concluded that his incarceration at that time, was also in the national interest.
His words: “At his first coming, it was ‘I intend to tamper with Freedom of the Press’, and Buhari did proceed to suit action to the words, sending two Journalists – Irabor and Thompson – to prison, as a reward for their professional integrity.
“Now, a vague, vaporous, but commodious concept dubbed “national interest”, is being trotted out as an alibi for flouting the decisions of the Nigerian Judiciary. President Buhari has obviously given deep thought to his travails under a Military Dictatorship, and concluded that his incarceration was also in the national interest.”
Nonetheless, Garba Shehu, in a statement on Friday, revealed that Buhari said that he would respect the rule of law.
The Presidential Spokesman, noted that the President made this pledge during a bilateral meeting with the German Chancellor, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The President, maintained that unity and harmony in every society, could only be preserved by observing the rule of law, and ensuring that agreements reached in good faith, are followed through to the mutual benefit of countries.
Buhari told Merkel, who was accompanied by top government officials, and a business delegation, that the rule of law embodied all the rightful mechanisms for conflict resolution, both within the country, and in dealing with all foreign partners.
He assured that his administration would remain focused on delivering a peaceful, economically viable, and politically stable polity to all Nigerians.
He said that Nigeria remains grateful to the German government, for the fair treatment of migrants.
According to him, Nigeria looks forward to improving its trade figures with Germany, which had taken a strong interest in investing in the country.
The President also lauded Germany, for supporting Nigeria in providing effective services in security, education, and creation of jobs.

Source:- http://www.lekkigists.com.ng/2018/09/how-nigerians-treated-president-buhari.html?m=1

Mynd44
Re: Buhari Quickly Withdraws His Statement After Public Outrage by tuclap(m): 11:17am On Sep 02, 2018
The way i take rush enter here ehhhh, as if i will read his statement saying am "i take my word"

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Quickly Withdraws His Statement After Public Outrage by Hofbrauhaus(m): 11:20am On Sep 02, 2018
Nigerians made a mistake by voting the dullest one among us to lead us...How did we fall for this?

Never Again!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Quickly Withdraws His Statement After Public Outrage by JudasNaCarrot: 11:22am On Sep 02, 2018
Whenever this clueless, foolish and uneducated lifeless man messes up his aids comes around to do the cleanup.

It is no longer story that the president lacks diplomacy and displays his disdain for Democratic norms and the citizens of this country whom he abuses at every given chance.
His reasoning is locked up in the 19th century soldier brain,hence he lacks what it takes to be civil,talk civil,negotiate civil and obey civil laws.

This certificateless and lifeless man is the worst tragedy to ever befall this country.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Quickly Withdraws His Statement After Public Outrage by bolanto24(m): 11:25am On Sep 02, 2018
After the deed has been done.

Buhari might have integrity when it comes to stealing public funds but that is also debatable.

He's just too rigid and strict for my liking. He has this aura of vile, wicked and to hell with them, I don't give a Bleep attitude.

For me he's just not a Democrat. And we need one in a democracy.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Quickly Withdraws His Statement After Public Outrage by jamesharryson(m): 11:32am On Sep 02, 2018
I just love this man... His stupidity cannot be quantified

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Quickly Withdraws His Statement After Public Outrage by Mgbadike80: 11:34am On Sep 02, 2018
one thing that I love in this man's regime is that the suffering is equally affecting everybody regardless of tribe and religion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Quickly Withdraws His Statement After Public Outrage by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 02, 2018
Buhari is clueless

Nothingelse

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Quickly Withdraws His Statement After Public Outrage by nnachukz(m): 11:40am On Sep 02, 2018
The ways Buhari rules Nigeria are:
1. Buhari will first mess up with his stone age policy and wickedness which depicts his inner content.
2. His aids and BMC crew will first try to force us to accept it as being normal and expected from a president of his nature.
3. When we resist vehemently, they blackmail us. If blackmailing fails
4. They deny it and
5. They blame GEJ, PDP, Corruption, oppositions or even God but never blame Buhari.
In future, most of these people will regret and deny the stand they are taking today after they might have left office.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Quickly Withdraws His Statement After Public Outrage by StillX10(m): 11:40am On Sep 02, 2018
His withdrawal of the statement would not change his diabolic nature

1 Like

Re: Buhari Quickly Withdraws His Statement After Public Outrage by Racoon(m): 11:42am On Sep 02, 2018
“Rule of Law must be subject to the supremacy of the nation’s security and national interest”, President Buhari told the gathering of Lawyers.

“President Buhari told Chancellor Merkel and members of her delegation, that the rule of law embodies all the rightful mechanisms for conflict resolution, both within the country,...."

Any wonder why the president is a clueless & lifeless man Always talking poo. angry angry This have not and will never change the eternal fact that Buhari is a fanatic tyrannt.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Quickly Withdraws His Statement After Public Outrage by Sprumbabafather: 11:43am On Sep 02, 2018
Hofbrauhaus:
Nigerians made a mistake by voting the dullest one among us to lead us...How did we fall for this?

Never Again!

the people that caused it?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Quickly Withdraws His Statement After Public Outrage by Jflex07(m): 11:45am On Sep 02, 2018
This lifeless ape of a president will never stop fooling himself.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Quickly Withdraws His Statement After Public Outrage by gentlegenius(m): 11:48am On Sep 02, 2018
jamesharryson:
I just love this man... His stupidity cannot be quantified
I have no problems with his stupidity... I only have problems with the stupidity of his supporters, especially those on Nairaland, officially know as The zombies.

A MESSAGE TO ZOMBIES...

"And the Lord said unto Samuel, How long will you mourn for Saul, seeing that I have rejected him from reigning over Israel?..."(1 Samuel 16:1).
Now, I am asking all the zombies, "How long will you work for buhari, seeing that God has rejected him from reigning over Nigerians?
In about 5 months time, all of you will realize that...
God has rejected buhari,
Nigerians has rejected buhari,
America has rejected buhari.
Even INEC that you guys are hoping on will reject buhari.

cc:
NgeneUkwenu
buharitill2023

madridguy
Sarrki
behosgroups2019
Gbemishile1
sweetyme001
Almaiga
Benekruku
Nairaland Association of Zombies (NAZ).

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Quickly Withdraws His Statement After Public Outrage by seborrhic: 12:04pm On Sep 02, 2018
Hofbrauhaus:

Never Again!
Some innocently and others foolishly thought we had a living president. Now they know he has been lifeless for God knows how long.
Re: Buhari Quickly Withdraws His Statement After Public Outrage by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:29pm On Sep 02, 2018
One of the characteristics of an empty-headed man is that he talks before he thinks, but when empty-headedness, incompetence, dullness and stupidity resides in one body; that is what people call it O Ma Oshe Ooo.

Let me come and go to my house

1 Like

Re: Buhari Quickly Withdraws His Statement After Public Outrage by Omeokachie: 12:40pm On Sep 02, 2018
To him it's always speak first and think later
Re: Buhari Quickly Withdraws His Statement After Public Outrage by LibertyRep: 12:41pm On Sep 02, 2018
Sadly, the first statement always reveal the state of the mind.

Every other contrary statements afterwards are mere damage controls.

Nigerians should brace up for what's to come post 2019 should the pendulum swing in a particular direction.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Quickly Withdraws His Statement After Public Outrage by magoo10(m): 12:47pm On Sep 02, 2018
The dullard as usual forgot that we are in a democracy and not military rule.
Re: Buhari Quickly Withdraws His Statement After Public Outrage by greatiyk4u(m): 12:59pm On Sep 02, 2018
Hofbrauhaus:

Never Again!

The time and energy you waste in hating Buhari if utilized properly can turn u into a millionaire and u won't have care again who the president of Nigeria is

Stop being lazy hoping on free money from proceeds of corruption
Re: Buhari Quickly Withdraws His Statement After Public Outrage by slivertongue: 1:01pm On Sep 02, 2018
This cant b true. nobody sud take GMB serious. he considers his idiosyncracy as rule of law.GMB abhors equality b4 d law
Re: Buhari Quickly Withdraws His Statement After Public Outrage by SalamRushdie: 1:35pm On Sep 02, 2018
As long as he keeps holding Dasuki illegally he has not withdrawn his statement ..Actions speak louder than words
Re: Buhari Quickly Withdraws His Statement After Public Outrage by SalamRushdie: 1:37pm On Sep 02, 2018
greatiyk4u:

The time and energy you waste in hating Buhari if utilized properly can turn u into a millionaire and u won't have care again who the president of Nigeria is

Stop being lazy hoping on free money from proceeds of corruption

You can see the kind of shallow and selfcentred mindset you have , so once you are comfortable you don't care if others are uncomfortable..SMH
Re: Buhari Quickly Withdraws His Statement After Public Outrage by eagleeye2: 1:44pm On Sep 02, 2018
I am tired of this country. But I am not leaving.
Re: Buhari Quickly Withdraws His Statement After Public Outrage by Redhot111(m): 1:45pm On Sep 02, 2018
Does he even know the difference between the rule of law and national interest?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Quickly Withdraws His Statement After Public Outrage by andorbe: 2:14pm On Sep 02, 2018
this was one reason he was refered to as a lifeness personality
Re: Buhari Quickly Withdraws His Statement After Public Outrage by greatiyk4u(m): 2:17pm On Sep 02, 2018
SalamRushdie:

You can see the kind of shallow and selfcentred mindset you have , so once you are comfortable you don't care if others are uncomfortable..SMH

And your wailing rants on Facebook is a show of your care for the have nots?

When you are comfortable you help others out through empowerment not daily rants on nairaland that ends only making Seun richer
Re: Buhari Quickly Withdraws His Statement After Public Outrage by Almaiga: 3:10pm On Sep 02, 2018
This is one of the reasons why I so much love Buhari. He is a good listener, if it were a different President, he won't care about the public outcry.

Sai Baba!!!

Re: Buhari Quickly Withdraws His Statement After Public Outrage by jeslofem: 3:12pm On Sep 02, 2018
Hofbrauhaus:

Never Again!

wetin still d surprise me be say, I no still know why some people want dis man back..out of plenty intelligent people we get, na dis man be d best choice? ha ha!!!
my friend come d tell me say na charm dem d use ooo.

u say PDP corrupt, u are right. but no be dem still dey APC or d run d go APC so..
pls Nigerians, let's think this over again pls am begging us

(1) (2) (Reply)

It’s Year To Prove Neutrality, CAN Tells INEC / COZA: Buhari Reacts To The Allegation, Calls For Calm In National Interest / Nigerian State With The Highest Number Of Jobless And Lazy Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.