Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,772 members, 7,837,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? (46068 Views)

So Many Single MBAISE Ladies Are Getting Older. No Husband Wat Is The Problem? / Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? / How men Easily Sleep With Ladies These Days. Photo!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by rock003: 12:06pm On Sep 03, 2018
Shugavee:
There is greater peace in being a single woman,, i miss it sometimes

Greater peace in the sense that you had freedom to fvcck any guy you wanted without being monitored?
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by resurgent2019: 12:07pm On Sep 03, 2018
ImaIma1:

Not exactly. I met some especially from a particular tribe but i only see some i know that are married or married to people i know. Hardly able to hold a home together and act the part of a man because they cannot think for themselves.

Same old tribal BS. You must be igbo. undecided
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Shugavee(f): 12:07pm On Sep 03, 2018
rock003:

Greater peace in the sense that you had freedom to fvcck any guy you wanted without being monitored?
wow how did u know? Lol
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by DonPikko: 12:08pm On Sep 03, 2018
kunleweb:

There's too much bitterness in the middle class, this is what dissuades me, way too much bitterness.
the rich don't even have strength for all this political, relationship tantrums grin grin grin, they are after how to get more money, make more connections, and get more power
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by victorian(f): 12:08pm On Sep 03, 2018
lexy2014:
d men that trained themselves and that aren't spoilt or egoistic, y aren't u attracting such men? Or is it only egoistic, spoilt&untrained men u are attracting?

My dear, that's a very good question.
I asked myself same question and the answer I got is this :
Men who are trained well, prefer ladies who do not look flashy . In their mind, they feel flashy or very pretty ladies are either promiscuous or badly trained. These men size up women from afar, based on the lady's look and that's where they miss it.
They feel a dull looking, plain or average is the ideal wife material. But most times, it doesn't work that way. That's another reason u see good men married to troublesome wives grin
When the dotted lines are signed, that plain meek Jane u feel is a perfect wife material becomes a thorn in their flesh. So u cant judge a book by its cover. Not all pretty ladies are evil, not all plain Jane are perfect.

While the untrained guys, spoilt, egoistical guys love to show off, so they go after pretty and flashy ladies pretending at first to be the ideal man but after a week or so, they can't keep up such fake good guy attitude anymore. They now show their real character, take it or leave it they don't care. There are so many fishes to catch anyways, so their mind tells them.

But I thank God am wiser now. This life ehn? One will be seeking for love and companionship but God will say that's not where I want your focus to be. At 22yrs , I was still a virgin and wanted to marry immediately settle down and have kids after my youth service but heartbreaks No let me rest.
To survive ,I had to focus all my energies and mind on buisness later on. At least at all at all naim bad pass.

I made my first million naira at the age of 26years old, since then I delved into my career and Making money came so easy for me. A time people thought I was into money rituals but I wasnt. Even at that the monies didn't freak me but that's what God wanted me to have first, as love almost killed me.

But who am I to complain? Life has taught me to accept there is a higher being ordering our steps and handling what comes our way. There are things we have no control over. That's what I know about life.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by kunleweb: 12:10pm On Sep 03, 2018
DonPikko:
the rich don't even have strength for all this political, relationship tantrums grin grin grin, they are after how to get more money, make more connections, and get more power
\

Where we both belong grin

What field are you into? I'm into food production, processed chicken and commercial ( large-scale ) farming
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 03, 2018
ImaIma1:

I don't think i said anything about all guys being mummy's boys. I said we have more mummy's boys. Even Nairaland has them in abundance.
But really I think the main problem is from the ladies.

Recently, I met a girl in a public bus and she initiated discussion with me, along the line I fell in love with her conversational skill and how intelligent she was.I made her realize I like her after studying her for like a week. That same week this lady ask me to buy her birthday gift which I intentionally ignored. Thinking the bitch was joking.Two weeks later after she got a job she was begging me for money for one useless thing.After this scenario I realize she is a bitch and stop pinging her on whatsapp. The fool noticed it and started forming good friend, now almost everyday she always asked of mine well being.
Nigerian ladies are to materialistic yet they lack drive to seek for their own wealth.I am ready for a healthy relationship but most of all this ladies are too money conscious. They will always choose money above love.

It's only when they are aging you will hear something like "any man can fit".

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 03, 2018
dasparrow:

Many are single because the average Nigerian Bred male is a misogynist, a cheat, a scammer, a rapist and a pedophile. No woman in her sane mind will want to spend the rest of her life with such kind of individuals. It is unhealthy to raise a family with such kind of human beings who have questionable character and depraved minds.

Besides, the entire world knows that the average Nigerian bred male treats his wife like a slave. Now why would anyone with a functioning brain willingly go into slavery? Today, children can be gotten without being married. Most women want children, not misogynist husbands that will oppress, abuse and enslave them. Life is too short for that!

No truer words have been spoken. Don't mind the negative replies. They know you have spoken the truth and it is too bitter to swallow. Thumbs up.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Shugavee(f): 12:12pm On Sep 03, 2018
DonPikko:
but it's there choice to decide, you don't need to force it down there throat, you're part of the problems we have in the society, you're in a relationship yet you keep preaching singleness, just like the idiots that'll travel out and tell you its better to remain in Nigeria, but they themselves won't come back
i ain’t forcing anything down their throat ,, she asked a question n I answered... this is just a comment on nairaland so they can make whatever choice they want!!! If they wanna wallow in desperation to get a man rather than working on ur self n living their best lives regradless is totally their choice!! They won’t come back cause they hv nothing to come back too,, they r drowning in debt n mortgages but hv already made their decision n started the journey already!!
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 03, 2018
Shugavee:
well written,, women of course r now wiser n can’t settle for trash all in the name of marriage.

Daaaamn right. *Shaking my head with approval*
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by 93Miles: 12:14pm On Sep 03, 2018
dasparrow:

Many are single because the average Nigerian Bred male is a misogynist, a cheat, a scammer, a rapist and a pedophile.

An average Nigerian female is a wh0re, a leech, an unfaithful b!tch,

No woman in her sane mind will want to spend the rest of her life with such kind of individuals.

Same way no sane man will want to spend the rest of his life with a wh0re.

And a woman who got married to Evans the kidnapper is what? Insane I guess.

So Anni must be insane for getting married to 2Face who is known for his cheating spree

It is unhealthy to raise a family with such kind of human beings who have questionable character and depraved minds.

And young Nigerian ladies who dumpd their babies in gutters and pit toilets don't have depraved minds abl?

Besides, the entire world knows that the average Nigerian bred male treats his wife like a slave.

The entire world also knows that an average Nigerian female is a wh0re, a leech and has absolutely nothing to offer a man aside her rotten vagina

Now why would anyone with a functioning brain willingly go into slavery?

And why would anyone with a functioning brain willingly settles down with a leech and a wh0re?

Today, children can be gotten without being married. Most women want children, not misogynist husbands that will oppress, abuse and enslave them.

Same way men don't want leeches and prostitues as wivies. Timaya, Wizkid and the rest know this that's why they get children and say no to marriage

Life is too short for that!

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 03, 2018
dasparrow:

Can you blame your women? In the past, our mothers and grandmothers married and stuck with our broke fathers and grandfathers. But guess what? The minute our fathers and grandfathers finally hit it big and became rich, they dumped the woman of their youth - our mothers and grandmothers who stuck with them in trying times - and went on to marry some twenty-two year old.

African men can never be trusted and I will never advice any female related to me to settle with some broke Nigerian or African nigga. Go and make money first because it takes money to raise a family.

This is why Africans can never seem to get out of poverty. You don't even have sufficient money to take care of yourself yet you are dreaming of bringing a woman and innocent children into your poverty stricken life to suffer with you. Nonsense!

Couldn't agree more. Pitiful! Tueh!
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 03, 2018
victorian:
Most men are not ready to be responsible, that's why.

And women these days prefer to be single have kids, than settle with just any guy for marriage sakes. Gone are those days, a woman will be suffering and smiling.

More women are not ready to be treated as slaves in a marriage they spend their hard earned money on. The guy more or else doesn't contribute anything other than sex, collects her money and he will still be as controlling as fucvk! Some slaps here and there, feeling he should be able to make her scared of him.
Why would a man instill fear in his wife instead of respect from his wife
So,
Most single ladies don't need such stress biko.

Personally, I can never marry a controlling, abusive, lazy man. I rather remain single and have kids instead.

True that. Why live a life of misery when it can be cut short at any time? 'No stress' is my motto.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Paulagada: 12:19pm On Sep 03, 2018
Saao:
not really cuz most ladies nowadays are runs girls so not good for marriage. The good ones always found husband
Is vice versa
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by hollah123: 12:20pm On Sep 03, 2018
omoharry:
I would rather remain single and be happy with my life than marry a necessary idiot that will make my life a living hell..so many people don't even know how to smile anymore ..all in the name of societal pressure to marry. Many have lost their lives becos of what society would say if they leave their abusive marriages and the children are also there to consider too isn't it?...of what use is life if half of your lifetime is spent in constant fear and misery...is that life? I define a good life as that which is lived with good and lovely memories of a life time ..either married or single..it now boils down to the individual what they cannot live without even if it will cost them their happiness.

Before My parent died, i long for marriage so much because i wanted it to happen in their life time since they were getting old..but now nature has taken its cause , Both my parents are dead, so I don't owe society or any body any explanation of why i choose to remain single than to be married to a someone that will make my life a living hell....I choose my peace of mind..and it will never be sacrifice at the alter of societal pressure for marriage... what ever possession I have i will go to my niece and nephews..If i don't have children...So stop shaming single women with marriage..they have a right to be happy and what ever makes them happy people should respect it.
my sister I really feel your pain cos I know what u have been through n it has really shaped your mindset..but dear irrespective of what u have been through there are something's u need to do,u believe marriage is hell shebi?but some marriage are still o.k,though nothing is 100% perfect but u can still make the best out of life n my advice for u is to never judge your life based on what other people are going through everyday cos yours might b different.many people go out n die of accidents or been kidnapped,does that mean we will not go out or enter motor again.my sister the basis is prayer n been careful in selecting partner.dont b carried away by love n emotions cos the signs will always b there b4 marriage,dont ignore them n b prayerful.God bless

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 03, 2018
Saff:
Most men of this generation are mentally weak and unable to handle life circumstances. Relying on weed/ alcohol, cigarettes or any kind of drug to function.

Most are lazy and not ambitious looking for easy quick money.

Not responsible, looking for a woman to help them or give them money. I don’t blame them, most were raised by women with the father absent or barely there. They don’t understand what it means to be a MAN.

Most men have poor financial management. Spend all their days on social media, betting, money on random women. It’s pitiful.

Most men never take responsibility for themselves. Always looking for one person/ thing to blame for their misfortune.

Rather be single, have a child and be happy than raise a boy into a man because his father didn’t do that job. I’m sorry.

Your first sentence is the truth. I just can't imagine living my life RETRAINING A BOY masquerading as a man just because his father didn't do that job well. My goodness! What sort of life is that?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Paulagada: 12:22pm On Sep 03, 2018
kunleweb:

Is this excuse legit when many fathers and mothers of the previous generations got married before they had jobs and were not at the mercy of jobs
The economic realities as of then can't be compared with this days
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 03, 2018
Daeylar:

undecided undecided

You used just one case to conclude that so many women are single, then came here and acted as if it is facts.

And I wonder why it's bordering you if women are single or not.

lol u no dey hear word, didn't u see his last reply to u, why are u so sturborn like this lol...

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by DeRay98(m): 12:23pm On Sep 03, 2018
dasparrow:

Many are single because the average Nigerian Bred male is a misogynist, a cheat, a scammer, a rapist and a pedophile. No woman in her sane mind will want to spend the rest of her life with such kind of individuals. It is unhealthy to raise a family with such kind of human beings who have questionable character and depraved minds.

Besides, the entire world knows that the average Nigerian bred male treats his wife like a slave. Now why would anyone with a functioning brain willingly go into slavery? Today, children can be gotten without being married. Most women want children, not misogynist husbands that will oppress, abuse and enslave them. Life is too short for that!
Bitter soul receive deliverance from bitterness...

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Eze2000(m): 12:24pm On Sep 03, 2018
Olalan:
The economy isn't smiling for lots of mature young men who should have been married, but more worrisome is the desire for a rich guy for by ladies in this age.
Now ladies prefer being side chicks to rich guys than to be married to a young not too rich guy

This is my problems exactly! Jezz you don't know how so right you are. Many of these babes even forget that if they help a penniless guy with dreams amd determination, together the couple can be something!

How i waish i could find only one lady who suits me well and has some real brain to think and determination to support, I will be that rich guy she needs in 4 years flat
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 03, 2018
dasparrow:

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 03, 2018
omoharry:
I would rather remain single and be happy with my life than marry a necessary idiot that will make my life a living hell..so many people don't even know how to smile anymore ..all in the name of societal pressure to marry. Many have lost their lives becos of what society would say if they leave their abusive marriages and the children are also there to consider too isn't it?...of what use is life if half of your lifetime is spent in constant fear and misery...is that life? I define a good life as that which is lived with good and lovely memories of a life time ..either married or single..it now boils down to the individual what they cannot live without even if it will cost them their happiness.

Before My parent died, i long for marriage so much because i wanted it to happen in their life time since they were getting old..but now nature has taken its cause , Both my parents are dead, so I don't owe society or any body any explanation of why i choose to remain single than to be married to a someone that will make my life a living hell....I choose my peace of mind..and it will never be sacrifice at the alter of societal pressure for marriage... what ever possession I have i will go to my niece and nephews..If i don't have children...So stop shaming single women with marriage..they have a right to be happy and what ever makes them happy people should respect it.

My goodness! Are we twins? A lot of what you just typed was what i had in mind.Awesome! Oh, how i loooooove my peace of mind! I can get rid of anything that denies me that.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by GreenArrow2: 12:29pm On Sep 03, 2018
victorian:

Am not talking of my recent circle of friends.
Am talking of few years down the lane kind of relationships I had. Its not easy forgetting bad experiences.

Now I don't take nonsense o.. Lol
If I smell any body coming to me with negative attitudes, I quickly cut off. I don't waste time at all. My circle of recent friends are happy in their relationships. For me, am OK and docile in my relationship . Past experiences has made me calm, cuz Av seen it all. I simply go with a positive flow. All those butterflies and excitements like a teenager is gone. I will say am more in control of myself and emotions. And my companion is an easy going positive guy. He's the one that has the butterflies lol. His enthusiasm makes me smile and laugh sometimes.

My own butterflies don dry up since, years back. All I have is years of experience to keep a good man around me. I am fine with my relationship, as of today.
Only God knows wat tomorrow holds.

Happy for you. You see, now that's yet another lady in a healthy relationship. Not what the comments on this thread would have let anyone believe.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by DeRay98(m): 12:30pm On Sep 03, 2018
[quote author=93Miles post=70862642][/quote]

You paid her in her own coil. I don't like it but lets see if it makes her feel better.
When ladies run after thugs for fun and end bartered they shout to the heavens and Same ladies 'll say "nice boys dey carry last". Can you eat your cake and have?
Only insanity makes such girls believe they can.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by omoharry(f): 12:32pm On Sep 03, 2018
Sophyrocks:

My goodness! Are we twins? A lot of what you just typed was what i had in mind.Awesome! Oh, how i loooooove my peace of mind! I can get rid of anything that denies me that.
ya i suppose ...from a different mother though. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 03, 2018
dasparrow:

you sound really pained, there must be a story behind uty

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by 93Miles: 12:33pm On Sep 03, 2018
dasparrow:

Can you blame your women? In the past, our mothers and grandmothers married and stuck with our broke fathers and grandfathers. But guess what? The minute our fathers and grandfathers finally hit it big and became rich, they dumped the woman of their youth - our mothers and grandmothers who stuck with them in trying times - and went on to marry some twenty-two year old.

And what do you have to say about our women who dumped their men for sugar daddies? Men who stood by them, some even sponsored their education and yet the dumped them for a Malaysian based boy.

African men can never be trusted

BREAKING NEWS!!!

African women are the most trusted beings on earth.

and I will never advice any female related to me to settle with some broke Nigerian or African nigga.

And I will never advice even my worst male enemy to settle down with an Afriacan lady especially Nigerian ladies. They are all leeches and wh0res.

Go and make money first because it takes money to raise a family.

Is it a taboo if ladies also make money and stop being leeches?

This is why Africans can never seem to get out of poverty. You don't even have sufficient money to take care of yourself yet you are dreaming of bringing a woman and innocent children into your poverty stricken life to suffer with you. Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by victorian(f): 12:34pm On Sep 03, 2018
GreenArrow2:

Happy for you. You see, now that's yet another lady in a healthy relationship. Not what the comments on this thread would have let anyone believe.

But before I got to this healthy relationship nko?

I saw hell on earth from my past relationships.

I swear, it's just God keeping me sane ,at peace and alive.. It's just God.. Every other person around me is secondary. As one will say, no man is an island.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 03, 2018
dasparrow:

She is not silly. She is right. Only the living have hope for a better tomorrow. Doubt me? Go and ask all the women who lost their lives at the hands of their abusive husbands. They are lying decayed in their graves now. Never to experience life on earth again. It is better to be single, healthy, happy and alive than married and sick or worse yet, dead.
Mumu sad angry
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 03, 2018
Shugavee:
There is greater peace in being a single woman,, i miss it sometimes

Very peaceful i tell you. No stress. You have no idea! I don't understand why people don't get it.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Freeko4: 12:41pm On Sep 03, 2018
let the truth be said or told

most ladies out dere re whores, and Dey bring Nfin to the table rather Dan dat their smelling punny, Guys of dis generation re now wise, why marry dis foolz wen we can make dem baby mama for free. Dats is the reason we av more single ladies now. tongue tongue tongue

yeye ladies, una dey find Guys una go blame for una misfortune..... abeg make una go rethink una way of life before u people go come here dey type trash

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Eze2000(m): 12:41pm On Sep 03, 2018
Sophyrocks:

Couldn't agree more. Pitiful! Tueh!

I disagree!

There is life and there is blessing which you know as luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

Two Nairalanders Set To Wed! See Their Pre-wedding Pix. / Weded His Beautiful Wife On Saturday 16th Sep, 17 In Awka. / My Experience With A Male Gold Digger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.