Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,553 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Why Rinsola Abiola Left APC. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Rinsola Abiola Left APC. (15825 Views)

Why I Left APC - Bukola Saraki Reveals More / I Am Happy The Mercenaries Have Left APC - Oshiomhole Reacts To Defection / Five Reasons R-APC Left APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Rinsola Abiola Left APC. by jaxxy(m): 10:40pm On Sep 02, 2018
SEONaijaExpert:

Firstly, she was not told not to contest. She came up with her submissions via body language and sentiments, at least I could deduce that from the content.

Secondly, she felt her chances are slim. And I must say, it should be slim. You can't just join a political party and expect to be the face of it all of a sudden. APC has an ideology, if it goes well with her beliefs, regardless of whatever, she would stay. Well, that's why we have politicians jumping ships lately. Many of which are just greedy for power. Her's could be different but still no one is imposing any candidature, if you think you can pull it with those you met on ground, why not test your persona.

Lastly, I make bold to say the youths are not ready. Even the collation of the young, formed by PACT could not stand. Fela emerged as consensus candidate, Sowore claimed he wasn't carried along and hence rejected the result, Moghalu dump the collation and the whole thing looks like the same thing we've always seen. Nothing new! Even the so-called youths can't bring themselves to float common interest and be united. It's a shame but fact is, the youths are not ready. The early we realize and accept this, the better.

Final point, once we have a working system on ground like we do now, it doesn't matter whether whoever is getting the results is a youth. I'm a progressive, I believe in good governance regardless of who's giving it to me.

I seriously doubt it was body language by rather a direct order. Read her statement well she chose her words carefully and based on our culture smtmes we step back too much for our elders which isn’t always productive.

On Apc having a structure which is good bt also counterproductive, it’s shud be noted that Osinbajo wasn’t really into mainstream politics b4 he ran as vp. On the other hand Trump In the us wasn’t even a republican or politician b4 contesting primaries and winning. That is true democracy

On the youths not coming together it’s expected because many of these youths are not like minded, the reason they are came together to for their personal goals not to forge a 3rd or formidable force. In any case the right minded people will still come together naturally based on ideology and thinking. They can even work with sm older politicians who are like minded to strategize and advance their goals. As 2019 approaches many of these youths vying for office will know their true potential and know how to work together Or fall apart.
Re: Why Rinsola Abiola Left APC. by masseratti: 10:48pm On Sep 02, 2018
Go girl, I wish I was in your constituency, I would guarantee you nothing less than 100 votes, these oldies cannot keep on holding is in the jugular, most of them have being in politics for over 40years,and they have the audacity to tell you not to run? APC and PDP are just two sides of a coin, worse part is that other mushroom parties are not helping matters, but no matter which party gives you platform even if you don't win, we support you and pray for the best for you.
Re: Why Rinsola Abiola Left APC. by SEONaijaExpert: 11:07pm On Sep 02, 2018
jaxxy:

I seriously doubt it was body language by rather a direct order. Read her statement well she chose her words carefully and based on our culture smtmes we step back too much for our elders which isn’t always productive.

On Apc having a structure which is good bt also counterproductive, it’s shud be noted that Osinbajo wasn’t really into mainstream politics b4 he ran as vp. On the other hand Trump In the us wasn’t even a republican or politician b4 contesting primaries and winning. That is true democracy

On the youths not coming together it’s expected because many of these youths are not like minded, the reason they are came together to for their personal goals not to forge a 3rd or formidable force. In any case the right minded people will still come together naturally based on ideology and thinking. They can even work with sm older politicians who are like minded to strategize and advance their goals. As 2019 approaches many of these youths vying for office will know their true potential and know how to work together Or fall apart.
Working with older politicians, I agree. But not vying for office when there's so much to learn. I think that's what Rinsola should have done. Abiola was a great man but does that mean he automatically passed his political skills to her? And I insist, no one in APC would tell her not to contest for office. It's obvious, when you have a higher chance of winning, nothing is stopping you. Go ahead and put it to test. You don't get automatic ticket because of a family name, you work for it.

Some youths running for political offices think they've learnt enough, while contesting is very commendable, winning is also important and that can't be guaranteed still because of obvious reasons. Where are the strategies? What's the modus operandi? How communicable are they? We've seen youths hold a massive protest in this nation for days. One would wonder the force behind such and the answer is not farfetched. The conveners were bought already! If not why's such 'unity' difficult now? Why's there no repeat of the togetherness and this time in making a candidate win? It's messed up my brother. The youths are not ready!

Talking Osinbajo, APC was a collation. CPC and ACN came together. It was a situation of you bring one, we bring the other. The VP was not the first choice, looking at the foremen of both parties, Buhari and Tinubu should have gone for President and Vice. But ideology played out. Equality was considered. A Muslim-Muslim ticket would have shatter the hope of winning and for a balance, a true representation of the other faith had to be made the face. That's a more deeper situation than that of the lady. And you know, we shouldn't be talking and comparing America's political structure with Nigeria's. Reasons are enormous! We stay on our lane.
Re: Why Rinsola Abiola Left APC. by jaxxy(m): 11:40pm On Sep 02, 2018
SEONaijaExpert:

Working with older politicians, I agree. But not vying for office when there's so much to learn. I think that's what Rinsola should have done. Abiola was a great man but does that mean he automatically passed his political skills to her? And I insist, no one in APC would tell her not to contest for office. It's obvious, when you have a higher chance of winning, nothing is stopping you. Go ahead and put it to test. You don't get automatic ticket because of a family name, you work for it.

Some youths running for political offices think they've learnt enough, while contesting is very commendable, winning is also important and that can't be guaranteed still because of obvious reasons. Where are the strategies? What's the modus operandi? How communicable are they? We've seen youths hold a massive protest in this nation for days. One would wonder the force behind such and the answer is not farfetched. The conveners were bought already! If not why's such 'unity' difficult now? Why's there no repeat of the togetherness and this time in making a candidate win? It's messed up my brother. The youths are not ready!

Talking Osinbajo, APC was a collation. CPC and ACN came together. It was a situation of you bring one, we bring the other. The VP was not the first choice, looking at the foremen of both parties, Buhari and Tinubu should have gone for President and Vice. But ideology played out. Equality was considered. A Muslim-Muslim ticket would have shatter the hope of winning and for a balance, a true representation of the other faith had to be made the face. That's a more deeper situation than that of the lady. And you know, we shouldn't be talking and comparing America's political structure with Nigeria's. Reasons are enormous! We stay on our lane.

U are making a lot of sense bt still supporting the old way of doing things which have brought us nothing really substantial, just crooked politicians having a fill day at our expense.

I repeat any youth waiting to climb the ladder of any parties political structure is wasting his or her time cos the old men will not give u any significant posts unless pressured. Most of these parties have older members that are not even a quarter of ur intelligence and capacity and they expect u to learn what exactly and from who? Backward politics?? I still say our political party structure is faulty. It does not produce the best candidates from local government chairman to the top. It’s is still thesame mundane politics. I believe Rinsola had hope Apc was ready to embrace true change with the new bill bt dat was not the case. Im also sure she’s not insisting it must be her bt there shud be better youth involvement based on the new bill or what is the point of such bill? There are youths that can serve 10times better than most of these old cargoes.

If we must depart or change this mundane politics we must forge a new and better system like in France. I can not go and learn mundane politics just to be part of any political structure that won’t even embrace change or prioritize youth participation in the real sense beyond selling our sense of reasoning and capacity for peanuts and limiting our progress for decades.
Re: Why Rinsola Abiola Left APC. by emmie14: 12:19am On Sep 03, 2018
kollinz1234:
This Rinsola abi na Rintayo u better remain in the APC to secure ur grip on ur future political ambition u are not yet fit enough to fill in ur fathers shoes. All this ploy to give baba a bad name will not help ur political career

Meanwhile Sai Baba till 2023

ItzKOLLINZ1234
ara
Re: Why Rinsola Abiola Left APC. by Dollabiz: 1:03am On Sep 03, 2018
hmm
Re: Why Rinsola Abiola Left APC. by seguno2: 3:04am On Sep 03, 2018
Beface:
Politics in Nigeria is not ideological base. Our politicians, their own na to grab power and enrich themselves nothing else. That is why they are very good at long jump (jumping to party with complete different ideology).

Are the politicians different from the people in what you have described above?
If yes, how are they different
Re: Why Rinsola Abiola Left APC. by AreaFada2: 5:48am On Sep 03, 2018
Caseless:
she talks too much, and that would work against her.

This is why OBJ didn't pick Donald duke as running- mate to yaradua in 2007.

There are more reasons o. Duke, just like Odili is too ambitious, smart & good-looking too. Duke would have totally overshadowed Yar'Adua. He'd not have been as patient as GEJ when he became ill.

After OBJ just narrowly using "monkey sense" to outmaneuver Atiku to secure second term, and thwarting NASS's constant threat in cahoots with Atiku, he could not let any over-ambitious VP for Yar'Adua.

Rinsola on the surface has positions in APC, but little power. They should have dangled HoR slot in Ogun to keep her. But I guess Amosun is against it. Something tells me she's doing this with approval from the Lagos faction of APC. I won't be surprised if Tinubu works underground against APC/Buhari in 2019 like he worked against ACN/Ribadu in 2011. If he realizes that forces around Bubu including El-Rufai will likely scuttle his (Tinubu's) chances of clinching presidency in 2023. grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Why Rinsola Abiola Left APC. by Beface(m): 7:42am On Sep 03, 2018
seguno2:

Are the politicians different from the people in what you have described above?
If yes, how are they different
I think most voters don't know there left from right, hence they are easily deceived.

1 Like

Re: Why Rinsola Abiola Left APC. by SEONaijaExpert: 8:10am On Sep 03, 2018
jaxxy:

U are making a lot of sense bt still supporting the old way of doing things which have brought us nothing really substantial, just crooked politicians having a fill day at our expense.

I repeat any youth waiting to climb the ladder of any parties political structure is wasting his or her time cos the old men will not give u any significant posts unless pressured. Most of these parties have older members that are not even a quarter of ur intelligence and capacity and they expect u to learn what exactly and from who? Backward politics?? I still say our political party structure is faulty. It does not produce the best candidates from local government chairman to the top. It’s is still thesame mundane politics. I believe Rinsola had hope Apc was ready to embrace true change with the new bill bt dat was not the case. Im also sure she’s not insisting it must be her bt there shud be better youth involvement based on the new bill or what is the point of such bill? There are youths that can serve 10times better than most of these old cargoes.

If we must depart or change this mundane politics we must forge a new and better system like in France. I can not go and learn mundane politics just to be part of any political structure that won’t even embrace change or prioritize youth participation in the real sense beyond selling our sense of reasoning and capacity for peanuts and limiting our progress for decades.
I understand your direction of thoughts and I think it would work if we run a political sphere as seen in France and the US. Maybe that's the future of our democracy.

In these aforementioned countries, a candidate with proven track records can wake up one day and declare for presidency, mind you, not under any political party but just an independent candidate. We've seen them win over and over and this means it works.

But here, we're so divided. If it's not money, it's tribe, if it's not tribe, it's personal interest. Even as seen here on Nairaland, the youths are massively divided. Hence, creating and sponsoring a common interest project for now will only happen after we burn the oceans.
Re: Why Rinsola Abiola Left APC. by seguno2: 8:43am On Sep 03, 2018
Beface:
I think most voters don't know there left from right, hence they are easily deceived.

Good, fair point.
Why are those who know their right from their left not aggressively enlightening those who don’t instead of just complaining
Re: Why Rinsola Abiola Left APC. by Okoroawusa: 9:50am On Sep 03, 2018
Neyoor:

If you could hold those two key posts while serving as an ordinary aide to Hon Dogara on new media, it just a clear indication that you could earn more. Rinsola is a greedy lady so hungry and thirsty for power at all cost. She wants an elective post at all cost In the party even when her loyalty to the party still remains so unclear.

If Hadiza Bala Usman had started like this, she won't be the Managing Director of the Nigerian Ports Authority today.

Go and learn how to thread softly Rinsola and work more on your ego.

God bless you, your father is having the name already but you want to start running beyond your shadow, which may eventually ruin you.

Thread softly Rinsola, the grass is not always greener on the other side.

You have said it all.

Hadiza Usman started as P.A. to El-Rufai in BPE then followed him to FCT Ministry then followed him out of PDP then into APC working in his campaign team.When the election was worn,worked as his Chief of Staff n then made M.D. NPA.

That is her political history spanning over a decade n u just want to fly to an elective position just under 3 years as Dogara's P.A.
Taaah!...even if ur father is MKO Abiola(no disrespect intended)

1 Like

Re: Why Rinsola Abiola Left APC. by DearDealz: 6:12pm On Nov 09, 2023
She don come back

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abia North: Bourdex Okays Election Result, Closes Rank With Orji Kalu / Police Arrest 40 Criminal Suspects In Enugu (PICTURES) / Service Chiefs Decorated With Their New Ranks Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.