Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com (35194 Views)

Igwe Ofomba, Native Doctor: Atiku Will Unseat Buhari At Tribunal / APC Senators May Unseat Saraki Today - The Guardian / 2019: Youths Commence Moves To Unseat Buhari - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com by Socialhalfcast: 10:07am On Sep 03, 2018
6 months! That’s the time left before nigerians take to the polls to elect new leaders.

The declarations and consultations have begun in earnest with some notable Nigerians already throwing their hats into the mix including popular and hilarious comedian Basket Mouth.

The battle to occupy Aso Rock come 2019 will be fierce and tough given the fact that there are over 70+ currently registered political parties today.

In this post, we will review the three potential presidential candidates that we feel has the greastest chances of dislodging the incumbent – President Mohammed Buhari

1. Bukola Saraki

Ever since he connivingly snatched the post of the President of the 8th Senate ahead of party favourite Senator Ahmed Ibrahim Lawal on the 9th of june 2015, the tension has been hot and thick between him, his party and the executive.

Sen. Saraki frequently made claims of the executive trying to "punish" him for defying their wishes to emerge Senate President as frequent charges of misconduct and corruption were levelled against him.

Things finally blew over when on the 31st of July, 2018 sen. Saraki announced his much anticipated defection from the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) to the main opposition party The People's Democratic Party (PDP) ending weeks of speculation.

The numerous "illegal impeachment attempts" and threats leveled against him, including an August invasion of the National Assembly complex by masked DSS men has endeared him to the hearts of Nigerians and helped him find some pity and sympathy among them.

Senator Bukola could be the man to unseat President Buhari as he weilds an enviable amount of infuence in the north as a two-time governor of Kwara state and given his rising fame and reputation among the populance.

2. Atiku Abubakar

A former Vice President of the nation under then president, General Olusegun Obasanjo -1999 - 2007.

Atiku first fell out with the PDP in 2007 when pres. Obasanjo would not support his bid to replace him as president instead preferring to find ways to contest for a third time.

Atiku would later run under the Action Democratic Congress (ADC) but fell short as now late PDP's candidate Gen. Musa Yaradua would emerge president.

Atiku would subsequently return to the PDP but would agin leave to join the APC in 2015, the party again failed to give him the presidential ticket, throwing it's weight behind then incumbent pres. Goodluck Jonathan who would later lose to the APC's candidate and current president, Gen. Buhari.

Atiku remained in the APC for 2 years but on the 24th of November, 2017, Atiku would via a Facebook live video announce his defection to the PDP a party he called. "Home".

Atiku gave poor governance and policy making and implementation as reasons for leaving the APC and has since remained vocal against the policies of the APC led Federal Government.

Atiku could be the right candidate to fly his party's flag come 2019 given his massive political experience and reputation as a successful business man and job creator now that unemployment is the order of the day.

3. Ayodele Peter Fayose

A two-time and current sitting governor of Ekiti State. Fayose first emerged governor of Ekiti State in 2003 but couldn't see out his 4-year tenure after he was impeached by the state assembly. Fayose returned to win back the governorship seat in 2014.

Fayose has been the most vocal of all opposition membes against the policies of the Buhari-led administration.

"A roged politician" as he loves to be called. Fayose has expressed his interest to contest in the 2019 presidential elections but may have his dreams hampered by the fact that his party would prefer a northern candidate. Fayose's popularity and fan base in the southwest could be enough to convince his party to give him the presidential ticket or at least a vice presidential ticket to a northern candidate.

4. Copyrights Of Postingday.com

Source: https://postingday.com/2018/08/24/3-nigerians-who-could-unseat-buhari/

1 Share

Re: Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com by dukie25: 10:08am On Sep 03, 2018
The website (Postingday.com) is owned by an APC supporter, don't take anything it says serious.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com by lezan(m): 10:10am On Sep 03, 2018
I laugh in Swahili ���.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com by SolutionMee: 10:18am On Sep 03, 2018
cheesy

The funniest thing to me is that many Nairalanders are busy underestimating Saraki while APC and the FG did not

Get things right, those who are into real politics knows what Saraki is capable of

The reason why they keep attacking him consistently shouldn't be alien to you

When people are afraid of you, it's either they attack you in group or they back off as individual

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com by adioolayi(m): 11:02am On Sep 03, 2018
All na wash, light weighted as far as they are contesting with Buhari.
Putting Fayose on the list says alot about the OP's view... a sitting governor that cannot win a governorship election
.... PMB no shaking!

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 03, 2018
grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com by Teewhy2: 11:02am On Sep 03, 2018
If any of these people is what PDP want to field for the post of President, they should rather forget about the position. is it a must to pick from old recycled politicians? is there a problem picking from business minded successful people to take over political office.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com by Richkid97(m): 11:03am On Sep 03, 2018
Only Pigs will believe this

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com by FTjnr(m): 11:03am On Sep 03, 2018
ordinary me can beat boooohari in a free and fair election.

3 Likes

Re: Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com by Richkid97(m): 11:03am On Sep 03, 2018
Buhari Till 2023

Osinbajo Till 2031

grin grin grin

19 Likes

Re: Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com by XVIER(m): 11:03am On Sep 03, 2018
Is it his grandfather's seat?

We will unseat is lifeless life.

Goro eating cow

2 Likes

Re: Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com by SEONaijaExpert: 11:03am On Sep 03, 2018
None of the above!

Even seeing Fayose on the list makes it more laughable grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 11:03am On Sep 03, 2018
fayose that couldn't win his own state for pdp is on the list cheesy grin no space for pomo cutting in aso rock

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com by Benekruku(m): 11:04am On Sep 03, 2018
The three of them combined can't unseat Buhari has there votes will come from same place.

Ekiti, Kwara and entire South East. #Finished

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com by ORACLE1975(m): 11:04am On Sep 03, 2018
The man whom the cap fit and which I hope will do a weldone job.

The only candidate that can bit anybody in APC soon u all shall hail sai kwankwaso I believe in God I believe in kwankwaso

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com by oladele00(m): 11:04am On Sep 03, 2018
If u like add trump and obj to the list... Buhari is the best for today, tomorrow and till 2023..

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com by deafeyez: 11:04am On Sep 03, 2018
The unimaginable will happen in 2019
Re: Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com by RexTramadol1: 11:04am On Sep 03, 2018
OP will think he posted what makes sense

What has Fayose got to do with the list if not malicious report.
Re: Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com by Iscoalarcon: 11:04am On Sep 03, 2018
Op is like your brain is paining you

1 Like

Re: Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com by Nickijoy(f): 11:05am On Sep 03, 2018
Na dem sabi...
Re: Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com by jomoh: 11:05am On Sep 03, 2018
The presence of Fayose got me laughing real hard and rolling on the floor.

6 Likes

Re: Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com by Olukat(m): 11:05am On Sep 03, 2018
Saraki and Atiku yes!
But Fayose make a mockery of his people's support lately
I wasn't impressed the way he managed his deputy's campaign.
However, I stand for anything that will send Buhari home
Re: Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 03, 2018
I see no one strong enough to unsit Buhari.

I am not a politician, but I think this is the truth.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 03, 2018
Lolz.... It's a futile endeavour
Re: Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com by neweraomo: 11:06am On Sep 03, 2018
Bobbrisky self go unseat all these old men grin, Buhari forever

3 Likes

Re: Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com by Ediomihenry(f): 11:07am On Sep 03, 2018
I keep seeing the same faces since my nursery school till now that i'm a graduate. These people better contest for Most Famous People in Nigeria cause that's where they win.

1 Like

Re: Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com by Ediomihenry(f): 11:07am On Sep 03, 2018
I keep seeing the same faces since my nursery school till now that i'm a graduate. These people better contest for Most Famous People in Nigeria cause that's where they'l win.

2 Likes

Re: Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com by ak22(m): 11:07am On Sep 03, 2018
What is fayose doing in this list
Re: Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com by Gomd: 11:08am On Sep 03, 2018
oga anybody can unseat Buhari now o But na confusion go kill PDP las las

1 Like

Re: Top3 Nigerians Who Could Unseat Buhari By Postingday.com by Onarabu: 11:08am On Sep 03, 2018
adioolayi:
All na wash, light weighted as far as they are contesting with Buhari.
Putting Fayose on the list says alot about the OP's view... a sitting governor that cannot win a governorship election
.... PMB no shaking!
Don't mind him

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill 15 In Rivers / Forged Senate Rule: ‘it’s Not Late For Saraki To Resign’ / Dead Farmers: Garba Shehu Reacts To Backlash Over Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.