Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,186 members, 7,815,140 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke (13590 Views)

2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP / Donald Duke Releases 2019 Campaign Posters For Presidential Election / Donald Duke Sent On An Errand By His Wife - See Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke by WotzupNG: 10:23am On Sep 03, 2018
Former Cross River State governor, Donald Duke has come out to clear the air on a statement he made concerning homosexuality in a recent interview with Falz and Laila on the show 'On The Couch'.

In the interview, Donald Duke while explaining his views on how he intends to lead the country, went on to bring up the issue of LGBT rights in Nigeria saying “I don’t understand the emotional feelings a gay person would have toward someone of their sexuality. I don’t understand it. But I would not criminalise them. I would ensure that they have the protection of the law. But if they want to exhibit their sexuality, then that’s an affront on the current norms of society.”

After much negative reactions to his words, the presidential aspirant has now released a statement saying the interview was taken out of context. Donald Duke now says, 'Homosexuality is a crime in Nigeria and ought to remain so'.

See the full statement below.

https://www.wotzup.ng/2018/09/donald-duke-homosexuality-crime/

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke by jonathanOz: 10:41am On Sep 03, 2018
If I were Donald Duke I would stay away from this issue of homosexuality. This could damage his chances at presidency( if he ever had one).

53 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke by princechurchill(m): 10:57am On Sep 03, 2018
Oga you have buried your political career in the ecclesiastical knowledge of Nigerians

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke by SEONaijaExpert: 11:03am On Sep 03, 2018
I would not go seeking homosexuals for prosecution as this is libel to abuses...

What's the difference between this and what he was quoted saying initially?

Duke is becoming more confused. He's obviously starting on a wrong note.

19 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke by budosky(m): 11:04am On Sep 03, 2018
You guys are all the same. No more pretences!

4 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke by izenco2005(m): 11:04am On Sep 03, 2018
smiley
Re: Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 03, 2018
Too late. Your western ideology of freedom for all to do as they sexually please cannot work in a religious society as ours. You've ruined your chances. You cannot run this messed up divided country being open minded, i am sorry.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 03, 2018
grin

2 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke by NOC1(m): 11:05am On Sep 03, 2018
One problem we have in this country is our inability to read an article, we have made it a norm to make our news out of headlines.
The retweeting and and sharing of this headlines on Social Media has not done us any good.

If you are able to read his initial submission, you will agree with me that he was speaking from the constitutional angle. in the first line he condemned the act on personal view, he however allowed the laws of the land to be the Judge.

“I don’t understand the emotional feelings a gay person would have toward someone of their sexuality. I don’t understand it. But I would not criminalise them. I would ensure that they have the protection of the law. But if they want to exhibit their sexuality, then that’s an affront on the current norms of society.”

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke by Ridwanna(m): 11:05am On Sep 03, 2018
this man is a pervert

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke by Ganzagangan: 11:05am On Sep 03, 2018
Handsome mumu

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke by jchioma: 11:05am On Sep 03, 2018
“I don’t understand the emotional feelings a gay person would have toward someone of their OWN sexuality. I don’t understand it."

Homosexuality is wrong, plain and simple! It is against the divine principle of marriage and procreation.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 03, 2018
Medicine after death.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke by cvotech: 11:05am On Sep 03, 2018
indeed
Re: Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 03, 2018
SEONaijaExpert:
Dude is still saying the same thing.
that dude is a confused Nigga undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke by Racoon(m): 11:06am On Sep 03, 2018
Silly damage control Duke.I never expected this man to come up with the gay issue sef but boom he started by talking about this accursed issue.You're lost my support. angry

3 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke by Sharpshooota: 11:06am On Sep 03, 2018
I thought this dude was exposed...

Homophobic people are illiterates

No wonder Africa is way behind than the rest of the world

12 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke by J2381: 11:06am On Sep 03, 2018
Yea yea, deny all you want, Mr Duke! We know you for who you are, a double standard conniving scum.

3 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke by saintjimos(m): 11:06am On Sep 03, 2018
IN AS MUCH AS I AGREE TO THIS

WE OUGHT TO RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE EMOTIONS

BEING GAY ISN'T A CRIME
NEITHER BEING A LESBIAN

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke by bivanJohnaliuz(m): 11:06am On Sep 03, 2018
Booked
Re: Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke by J2381: 11:07am On Sep 03, 2018
Sharpshooota:

sarcasm doesn't go well with you, my good man.

2 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke by statusquoante: 11:07am On Sep 03, 2018
grin
Re: Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke by papae1(m): 11:07am On Sep 03, 2018
Oga duke shot himself on the foot earlier on. Damage control will not help you this time.

2 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 03, 2018
Lol he gave the right answer the first time but as typical with politicians he began 'clarifying' after backlash. I see no reason why homosexuality should be a government matter at all..especially in a country like Nigeria with much bigger problems for government to deal with.

8 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke by youngreva(m): 11:08am On Sep 03, 2018
saintjimos:
IN AS MUCH AS I AGREE TO THIS

WE OUGHT TO RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE EMOTIONS

BEING GAY ISN'T A CRIME
NEITHER BEING A LESBIAN

11 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke by Akpacha(m): 11:08am On Sep 03, 2018
Damage control.

2 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke by mmsen: 11:09am On Sep 03, 2018
Sharpshooota:

He's a politician.

Elections are not a test of intelligence, exposure, integrity or productivity.

He's trying to win a popularity contest in a country full of hypocritical, semi-literate, religious zealots.

What did you expect?

4 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke by Hennynitan17(m): 11:09am On Sep 03, 2018
His political career has already been buried... Too late...

2 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke by kingEmeritus(m): 11:10am On Sep 03, 2018
I guess those that are criticizing him do not read their Bible. Judgement day is coming

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality Is A Crime In Nigeria And Ought To Remain So - Donald Duke by omoadeleye(m): 11:10am On Sep 03, 2018
Ode... DOA.

We don't want another confused leader , we have move on bro

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Drop The Charges, Free Sowore - Kayode Ogundamisi, Buhari’s Supporter Tells FG / Tinubu To Unveil Shettima In Abuja On Wednesday / Kannywood Stars In Kaduna Support Atiku For 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.