Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,446 members, 7,861,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:52 AM

Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce (2912 Views)

10 Years In Marriage He Is Yet To Raise A Voice Or Cheat On His Wife(photo) / Incredible! 25 Years In Marriage He Never Raise A Voice At His Wife(photo) / Before Marriage He Told Me He Was A Car Dealer Nigerian Lady Crys Out(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by DavidEsq(m): 10:11pm On Sep 03, 2018
codekanle:
Good morning
Please your humble opinions are needed here.

A guy who just got married two weeks ago is seeking for a divorce as a result of the wife's rude behaviour to his mother at the reception hall.
What transpired was that on the wedding day, when the wedding was almost ending, a couple from the mother in-laws' side came from a far distance to grace the occasion. They came in when everything tangible to offer them has finished. A portion of food the bride left for her parents was the only good delicacy left. The mother in-law went to the daughter in-law and whispered to her to allow her collect small portion to serve those couple owing to the fact they came from a far distance to attend the wedding and it will be quiet unfair to let them go without offering food, but the lady refused bluntly that the food is for her parents. After series of pleading from the mother in-law with no positive response, the mother in-law took a plate collected food from there to serve the guest. The daughter in-law took the food from her and poured it back to the cooler. Out of annoyance, the mother in-law slapped her and she slapped her back without hesitation.

The people around the scene told the husband immediately what happened. The man decided not to create a scene at the reception hall. Two days after he applied for a divorce. The case is on-going now. Despite the plea from his mother to forget and forgive the wife after all it was her the lady offended yet he refused.

Did the man act right?
If you are the man, what will be your action?
If you're the lady, was your action towards the mother in-law justified?

So, ladies and gentlemen what is your take on this?

NB: True life story, no fiction.
Mumu fish! Dem tell u say dem just dey go court anyhow for divorce for naija abi? If ur marriage ain't up to 3 years, how u wan take divorce without bringing ur situation under the exceptions provided by d law. Dis event join the exceptions, u hear? Ode, with a lifeless brain!
Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by milemimi93(m): 10:20pm On Sep 03, 2018
chiommy123:
Non issue made to become issue. The mother in law will not take the whole food na so why refuse to share. And its not as if she did not tell her. Some most women sef get problem
Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by milemimi93(m): 10:26pm On Sep 03, 2018
codekanle:
Good morning
Please your humble opinions are needed here.

A guy who just got married two weeks ago is seeking for a divorce as a result of the wife's rude behaviour to his mother at the reception hall.
What transpired was that on the wedding day, when the wedding was almost ending, a couple from the mother in-laws' side came from a far distance to grace the occasion. They came in when everything tangible to offer them has finished. A portion of food the bride left for her parents was the only good delicacy left. The mother in-law went to the daughter in-law and whispered to her to allow her collect small portion to serve those couple owing to the fact they came from a far distance to attend the wedding and it will be quiet unfair to let them go without offering food, but the lady refused bluntly that the food is for her parents. After series of pleading from the mother in-law with no positive response, the mother in-law took a plate collected food from there to serve the guest. The daughter in-law took the food from her and poured it back to the cooler. Out of annoyance, the mother in-law slapped her and she slapped her back without hesitation.

The people around the scene told the husband immediately what happened. The man decided not to create a scene at the reception hall. Two days after he applied for a divorce. The case is on-going now. Despite the plea from his mother to forget and forgive the wife after all it was her the lady offended yet he refused.

Did the man act right?
If you are the man, what will be your action?
If you're the lady, was your action towards the mother in-law justified?

So, ladies and gentlemen what is your take on this?

NB: True life story, no fiction.

Tell the husband that divorce is done at least 6months after wedding.

Except it's a shiithole court he is going for the divorce.
Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by Tonymegabush1(m): 11:03pm On Sep 03, 2018
To that young lady intending to shun/block all avenue for her mother in law to eat 4rm his son's pocket should remember that she too will become a mother one day and her son too will definitely got married when her daughter in law gave her the same gestures she should understand,

I Don talk my own ooo
Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by okibo1(m): 11:16pm On Sep 03, 2018
As for me ooo the marriage as Just been ended by the wife.
Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by andyanders: 12:34am On Sep 04, 2018
AmazingELixir:
Couples are faced with intense stresses before and during wedding and marriage ceremonies, this however doesn't justify the daughter in-law's action, but knowing how certain mother in-laws could be, wouldn't be surprised the mother in-law's appeal wasn't subtle at all.
Besides it's belittling to ask for a share of the daughter in-law's parent's ration, it's a show of disrespect.
For the man it would be foolhardy to be contemplating divorce after spending all those time and money putting together the wedding engagement.He should rather insist the wife go to the mother on bended knee.
To err is human...........!.

My brother this your advise doesn't add up at all in a situation like this. That will be the end of the marriage. Two days was too far. An instant judgement at that point.
Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by codekanle(m): 2:04pm On Sep 04, 2018
andyanders:

My brother this your advise doesn't add up at all in a situation like this. That will be the end of the marriage. Two days was too far. An instant judgement at that point.
We always see things from different direction
Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 04, 2018
grin

Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by codekanle(m): 4:52pm On Sep 19, 2018
okibo1:
As for me ooo the marriage as Just been ended by the wife.
Hmm
Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by MrSensor(m): 6:09pm On Sep 19, 2018
Vizzy4u:
Op welldone! Title says two days,body of the message says two weeks. Does it makes it clearer...... Chai.....
Read it very well, the man apply for divorce two days after marriage but this story happened two weeks ago.
Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by 2buffagain(m): 7:46pm On Sep 19, 2018
Lies.
Is it 2 days or 2 weeks?

Story has already been changed.

If true, the women are so backward...
You disgrace yourselves over food in public? The man's mother particularly is backward.
It sounds like the MIL just busted into the wedding, late, with no plans for her guests. If there is no food for them, the respectful unbackward thing to do is to go and sort your guests feeding elsewhere.

You cannot expect the food for other important people in the wedding to all of a sudden be given to you.
Why did the MIL not put these guests of hers in the plan?

In that situation, I would certainly not divorce my wife.
But I would reprimand both of them.

My mum first for disrespecting me and the occasion because she could have simply come to me if she had an issue instead of feeling she had a right to be slapping my wife. It will never happen because I do not take that crap from extended family members (which they become after I marry and start m own family).

Then My wife for not being wise enough to de-escalate matters arising...instead of getting into a squabble, she should have let me know what nonsense my mum did or was doing. It's just respect. If I had a disagreement with her parents, there is no way I won't let her know first so she can sort them out herself. I won't start trading fists with her dad.

Life will go on according to plan, and the both of them will just have to live with and accept the fact that they disgraced themselves in public.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wizkid And Davido's first performance after meeting eachother / What Have U Gained??? / My New Girlfriend.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.