Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee (14582 Views)

APC, FG Hounded Alamieyeseigha To Death - Fayose / Photos Of Diepreye Alamieyeseigha's Wife And Children / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Kobojunkie: 3:05pm On Jun 30, 2010
JMourhinho:

Which story sahara dey report sef? Bankole abi na Alamieyesiegha? Meanwhile, since those months of late Yar adua sickness wey saharareporters go tel us (even give us external link join) say baba don die today; tomorrow e don wake up; the following week e go die again come still rise again (as if say baba na tupac), i dey always look for independent confirmation of saharareporters news o before i begin talk join am like say i dey there e happen. tongue

Coool . . . so how has that been working out for you so far? I have been doing same but how do you really verify anything you read in Nigerian newspapers except for when an international media house decides to report on the same story?
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:11pm On Jun 30, 2010
It never fails to itch my senses when I get a lot of surprise and shock from the generality of Nigerians when something of this nature happens.  grin

We are like children who will follow a candy-holding stranger into a shrine and be shocked that he is trying to kill us.

We will never learn, which is the simple fact that corrupt leaders know about Black Africa, We simply wish to re-visit history over and over and over and over again.

If your child comes home with a friend who smokes, would you not question his morals, or would you accept that it is not a bad influence. GEJ has surrounded himself with inherently questionable characters since the yaradua chronicles. and yet we praise the progress of democracy in making sure he sits tight.

Let us come back here in JUST 2 years and we'll all be spitting and vomiting the name Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and perhaps start looking to the next corrupt leader for salvation grin
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by shevalync: 3:19pm On Jun 30, 2010
I have never believed in GJ.what else do one one expect from a man who wine and dine with OBJ n Oyato.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Sagamite(m): 3:21pm On Jun 30, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

It never fails to itch my senses when I get a lot of surprise and shock from the generality of Nigerians when something of this nature happens.  grin

We are like children who will follow a candy-holding stranger into a shrine and be shocked that he is trying to kill us.

We will never learn, which is the simple fact that corrupt leaders know about Black Africa, We simply wish to re-visit history over and over and over and over again.

If your child comes home with a friend who smokes, would you not question his morals, or would you accept that it is not a bad influence. GEJ has surrounded himself with inherently questionable characters since the yaradua chronicles. and yet we praise the progress of democracy in making sure he sits tight.

Let us come back here in JUST 2 years and we'll all be spitting and vomiting the name Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and perhaps start looking to the next corrupt leader for salvation grin

I can't see any solution proffered in your statements
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Kobojunkie: 3:22pm On Jun 30, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

It is almost as if we love/enjoy doing just that.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Sagamite(m): 3:25pm On Jun 30, 2010
shevalync:

I have never believed in GJ.what else do one one expect from a man who wine and dine with OBJ n Oyato.

Slowly, slowly, the cretins transmogrify an unsubstantiated rumour into a fact.

Naija stylee.

That is how you get cretins coming to NL to argue confidently they know OBJ stole $16Bn meant for power.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Homonide: 3:35pm On Jun 30, 2010
I reserve my comments till the appointment is confirmed.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Meldrick(m): 3:42pm On Jun 30, 2010
Sahara reporters and their lies. These are all carefully fabricated stories but Jonathan's detractors. The elections are drawing closer, so we know their antics. They will surely fail
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:14pm On Jun 30, 2010
Sagamite:

I can't see any solution proffered in your statements

Believe me, the solution to Nigeria's problems are not as simple as the problem itself, unless of-course, you have figured it out and refused to share.  smiley

The generality can agree that the simple problem is CORRUPTION and proffered solutions have ranged from
1: Make your own little contribution and the effect will amount to something (i.e if the majority is like-minded)
2: Knowledge-revolution: some geniuses figure that Africa's leadership problem is borne from the fact that they do not know better (with all the Harvard degrees peppered across the continent) and youths especially aggressively spread the message of how a sustainable institution will make for better governance and how peaceful protests and leveraging on the justice system will impact deeply on this initiative.
3: Make your vote count: Become Politically-sensitive and active in whatever level you find yourself and with time a consensus that cuts-across ethic, religious, social and political boundaries will grow to challenge the problem of electoral inefficiencies  grin (that one always hits home)
4: Do your best within a corrupt institution regardless (as Fashola is obviously doing)

At the risk of sounding cynical (aren't we all these days), the above solutions are nothing new and have been around for centuries , I can confidently say since the passing of Military rule most have been tried,so why does the problem continue to grow like a well-fed cancer?

I'll give you my take
1: Corruption has created aggressively-protected boundaries and Federal Institutions (Ethnic, Religious, Social and Economic)
2: There is no National Ideology (forget Soccer or Great People,Great Nation) that provides a unifying element (well,  living in poverty is fast becoming a rooted ideal)
3: The powerful elements of politics and society will ensure that corrupt institutions are maintained and sustain to continue to feed the cancer of corruption well before the idealists can gather enough momentum to curb or fix the problem of corruption. (why it seems most worthy projects are bound to fail or fails ignobly in Nigeria  angry )

As for a solution, I have none that is gunshot-effective but an analogy of mine. (PISS WATER)
Pouring clean water into a glass of piss might make it drinkable, but it does not make it clean water or safe to drink.

There is no single solution but a fit of several solutions covering several facets of society
Here is a Political Solution i made earlier (obviously too challenging for the OP to sustain,  sadly)

Re: How Can Nigeria Get A Leader With Vision And Integrity
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=451346.msg6093726#msg6093726

Not that I am averse to starting small, like they say, little drops of water make a mighty ocean but for me that approach will take years to start having an effect (if it is not killed-off quickly by the current crop of corrupt leaders). Very few doubt the good-works of Okonjo-Iweala despite rumors of poor governance and corruption issues. She put her foot down and did what had to be done to spur immense economic reforms whose impact can still be felt today, but what happened when OBJ started eye-ing 3rd term in Office? He disgraced her out of office together with Oby-Ezekwesili. The government of the day will always hire good hands to keep the wheels of this country's greatest revenue generation engine going. (Crude Oil) but when it is time to start stealing, they simply disgrace you like they did to Nuhu Ribadu.

A Leadership Revolution has to occur and it has started in different forms with angry voices who say NO MORE!! to bad governance and corruption. but there are key issues that must be addressed regarding the building of foundations that will support such a massive revolution.

1: Political Awareness
2: Ethnic Friction
3: Religious Friction

When we have fully addressed the imbalance in the above three issues, we can now approach the issue of True Leadership with the assurance that we have become an Irresistible Force of Nature, embracing all that is intrinsically good and crushing supposedly immovable objects like corruption and poverty  Grin (I mean that)

Political Awareness

By far the most important of all issues that we must address. Since the coming of Democracy with the death of Abacha, Nigerians have come to the realization that politics, especially on the national level can no longer be ignored. As important events force these issues into our lives we in turn are compelled to discuss them. This is where the problem starts. How many times have you tried to have an intelligent political conversation with a friend, fellow worker or family member only to discover that two of you are talking on completely different levels? What starts off as a well intended interaction quickly devolves into a struggle to avoid insult or seriously offend.  Nairaland Political posts bear conclusive evidence to this statement. We argue so much that the goal is lost in argument and the wrong mindset is developed, fed and maintained so much that people now have expert knowledge of political situations they have not heard, seen or experienced in their entire lives.  Sad
We must stop and correct this mistake NOW! by recognizing the various levels of Political Awareness and educating ourselves and fellow revolutionaries.

Level 1. Political Illiterate – A person who is politically illiterate might know who the President is or perhaps the Governor of their state but that’s usually about it. They don’t watch the news. They have no knowledge of the issues and don’t know the difference between a PDP, AC, LP, APGA etc. This person does not vote or even care to vote. They are not necessarily poor and un-educated, they simply do not care.

Level 2. Politically Misinformed – This category is for those who have latched onto an extreme sect, an emotional issue, a movement or a charismatic personality. They are often dogmatic about their views and prefer partisan rancor because they would lose an objective debate. They often know little if anything about other perspectives. They have a slow growing awareness of politicians but are primarily focused on those they dislike. While this person might be passionate and loud about their views, they are also often hypocritical when it comes to the practice of these views. Politics is a stylish walking stick for them. So in turn this person will usually claim to vote but often does not.

Level 3. Politically Informed – This is probably where most voting Nigerians lie. This person knows who some of the government officials are, they know some of the issues and can tell the difference between various parties and their candidates (and God-fathers) They might be strongly motivated on one or two issues. They might pick their candidates based on personal appeal rather than party affiliation. They lean towards stability, moderation and bipartisan movements. This person votes in almost every general election.

Level 4. Political Activist – This individual gets involved. Here you have a person with a good grasp of the issues, who can recite the details of sects within each party and has worked on at least one election. This person reads books about politics, keeps up with the daily news and might write articles or a blog with a political hook in it. They have a preference for direct contact and search for an abundance of information wherever possible. They learn how to build coalitions in order to advance their agendas. This person knows who all the candidates are and votes in every election.

Level 5. Political Expert – At this level the individual is the one making the news instead of following it. The expert might work in government, knows all the issues, knows all the candidates and power players sometimes personally. This person is likely to have worked in many elections. They understand the language of diplomacy (and thuggery) and can strategize with institutions and the grassroots communities when necessary. They can, show sensitivity to different viewpoints and hidden agendas. appear on talk shows, they might write political books and their opinions carry weight in the political community. They always vote and do so publicly.

We must identify each levels of deficiency in Political Awareness and strive to move into levels 3-5 where the impact of our activities have a strong import on the Political landscape.

Ethnic Friction

Nigeria is an ethnically diverse nation and each ethnic group is vocal about its representation in the various spheres of national governance and leadership. Being politically vocal is different from being politically active, once again the issue of Political awareness comes into play the wrong way. Being ethnically diverse should not cause us to lose the importance of a united national ideology. some for example view PDP as a group bent on devouring the economic resources of this nation. While PDP may have embraced political ethnic diversity unlike most stronger parties. The question of ethnic origin and claim often results in the absence of true leadership due to the fact the the political region on which such a candidate chooses to launch his political ideology is largely controlled by an ethnic majority that he does not belong to.

We must strive to recognize that ethnic rivalry in politics only creates a distraction allowing corrupt political elements to forge ahead and claim electoral victories they would not ordinarily have been able to claim. There are true Igbo Leaders as there are True Hausa Leaders and Idoma Leaders and Yoruba Leaders and so forth. Buba Marwa was loved by Lagosians as much as Fashola was and he was a Hausa leader nonetheless. We must recognize leadership qualities regardless of the ethnic ties or origins a politician belongs to. Once we can rise over this key challenge, we can begin to build a truly de-tribalized political base for a united leadership revolution. Political thieves that revel in corruption have no tribal reservations. the only tribe they know and belong to is CORRUPTION

Religious Friction
With a population of over 150 million people, Nigeria is the world's 6th largest Muslim nation and the 3rd largest Christian nation in the world. such numbers on the political arena is not take lightly. With such an enormous political potential, it often comes as a disappointment when the two major religious groups have very little in terms of lobbying power in the nations political machinery. Rather Religious energies are diverted to genocidal conflicts that only serve to divide a largely united group across political and ethnic lines (further creating animosity and aversion to diverse political ideologies) ODUUA vs AREWA, NDI'GBO vs. ODUUA, IDOMA vs TIV etc no one needs a sore reminder of all the religious and ethnic driven clashes in Nigeria in recent times  Sad very few politicians even consider religious groups as important in their agenda Imagine that!! Angry

We need to recognize that our unique Religious affiliations presents one of the largest and power-groups very few political platforms have access to and we have failed (disappointingly) to apply that potential into influencing the political landscape.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Sagamite(m): 4:23pm On Jun 30, 2010
^^^^ Good stuff.

It contains a lot of high quality truisms to digest but I was mainly looking out for these:

lagerwhenindoubt:

protests

lagerwhenindoubt:

There is no single solution but a fit of several solutions covering several facets of society
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by onyengbu1(m): 4:23pm On Jun 30, 2010
Concerning this Alams appointment:

Have you guys not read Alams' own side of that UK conviction story.

The interview was on one Sunday sun of few weeks back.

He narrated all the details of the London arrest, how far OBJ and Bayo Ojo went to nail him; and how he never dressed as a woman back to naija.

I am not saying his own account is true but WHAT IF IT IS?

We all know what OBJ is capable of and what if Jonathan knew the man was truely set up and now wants to compensate him or something.

Lets look at it from that angle.

On the rest of the story, lets wait and see.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by adconline(m): 4:29pm On Jun 30, 2010
[b]Just few weeks ago (less than 2 months as our president), Goodluck also attended Alao Akala's birthday in Ibadan hand in hand with OBJ. Infact, he (Goodluck) was the one that assisted Akala to cut the birthday cake.

Another reason for Nigerians to understand that there isn't a perfect politician, they are all the same bulls hit.
At this point the only hope for Nigeria is IBB, a man that has too much to lose if things are not done correctly, a man that knows Nigeria more than anyone else, a man that has enormous experience, a man that can not be pushed around by anyone, a man that thinks broadly, a man that has the tool to connect and promote unity among Nigerian citizens, a man that listens attentively and utilizes all great ideas effectively, a man that is willing to pay Nigeria for every single month that he spends in Aso rock as our president, a man that wants to correct things more than anything else, a man that will not take any rubbish from any governor, a man that is ready to tackle all our (invisible and visible) problems head on.

Do not be a fool, there isn't anyone else that has all these capabilities and can exercise them effectively in this country called Nigeria. They can promise you everything and anything, but business as usual and other unique obstacles will never allow any of these local champions to move this country forward the way IBB will do.
IBB will make magic happen in Nigeria in less than 6 months.

Goodluck is a good man, but doesn't have the balls and the tool to bring this country back to the top; and this is why he isn't contesting. He knows better, he will not allow OBJ and co to push him into the fire the same way Yaradua was pushed.[/b]

kolo mentality squared
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by chidexy(m): 4:31pm On Jun 30, 2010
There is what is called rehabilitation in politics. It's practised the world over. Alami has been in political wilderness for almost 3 years now. So there's nothing strange in trying to get him back into the mainstream politics - though I may not agree with the decision, but it is a common practice. Watch out for Balogun soon.

The former New York Governor is also being reintegrated into state and national politics of the US and is even being rumoured to take over from Larry King at CNN
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Sagamite(m): 4:31pm On Jun 30, 2010
onye_ngbu:

Concerning this Alams appointment:

He narrated all the details of the London arrest, how far OBJ and Bayo Ojo went to nail him; and how he never dressed as a woman back to naija.

I am not saying his own account is true but WHAT IF IT IS?

We all know what OBJ is capable of and what if Jonathan knew the man was truely set up and now wants to compensate him or something.

Lets look at it from that angle.

On the rest of the story, lets wait and see.

Are you saying for a second Alams is not a thief that looted public funds?
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 30, 2010
Mrs Alams to be given federal govt appointment.wow so interesting.jonathan is truly a NICE STU.PID man.absolute rubbish
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Beaf: 4:33pm On Jun 30, 2010
I really pity Nigerians of tomorrow!  cry

Some here are commenting foolishly as if they know for sure that Alams was given a federal govt appointment; even though, very strangely, only Sahara reporters knows about this "appointment" (just that, they don't know what is or for that matter, what it is called shocked).
Some others have fallen into fights with each other and are exchanging words. Shame.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Sagamite(m): 4:33pm On Jun 30, 2010
chidexy:

There is what is called rehabilitation in politics. It's practised the world over. Alami has been in political wilderness for almost 3 years now. So there's nothing strange in trying to get him back into the mainstream politics - though I may not agree with the decision, but it is a common practice. Watch out for Balogun soon.

The former New York Governor is also being reintegrated into state and national politics of the US and is even being rumoured to take over from Larry King at CNN

Explain to me like a 8 year old how a job with CNN is a job in politics/government.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Kobojunkie: 4:35pm On Jun 30, 2010
onye_ngbu:

He never dressed as a woman back to naija? ROFLMAO!!!
Why did he run from the UK to Naija? I mean If I was to be arrested and tried in any court, last place I would want to run is back to Nigeria.
Why did he run? Why?

ROFLMAO!!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by seanet02: 4:37pm On Jun 30, 2010
alams for fg commiteeeeeeeeeeee, this country is finished. gbams
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Bariga1(f): 4:38pm On Jun 30, 2010
Nigerians are most stupid and gullible people on earth(just tell them God is in control).

We are good at talking but it stops at that. Sad and very sad at this. We write big English that even the owner of the language do not use.

We never speak with one voice as a result these bastards take undue advantage to rob us silly. We know the problem let us speak with one voice (starting point) and we can then decide the way forward.

You said wait and see? See what? See how bad things can get before people decide to stand up to these bandits?

Either young military boys with a vision come in and kill all these guys or we get colonised again by the white man, with the current state of the country they will not be interested even. (nothing can be worse then what is going on).

I speak with anger because I am on ground seeing these crazy lot over here and everyone saying God will save us!!!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by bawomolo(m): 4:41pm On Jun 30, 2010
Alamieyeseigha might have repented

whaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

wonder shall never end though, we have folks like big b1 and kosovo supporting IBB so i'm not shocked anymore.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Omolulu(m): 4:41pm On Jun 30, 2010
Bariga1:

Nigerians are most silly and gullible people on earth(just tell them God is in control).

We are good at talking but it stops at that. Sad and very sad at this. We write big English that even the owner of the language do not use.

We never speak with one voice as a result these bastards take undue advantage to rob us silly. We know the problem let us speak with one voice (starting point) and we can then decide the way forward.

You said wait and see? See what? See how bad things can get before people decide to stand up to these bandits?

Either young military boys with a vision come in and kill all these guys or we get colonised again by the white man, with the current state of the country they will not be interested even. (nothing can be worse then what is going on).

I speak with anger because I am on ground seeing these crazy lot over here and everyone saying God will save us!!!

really, you are contradicting youself, are you indicating that yyou are also gullible like the rest of us who are not military boys or white men??
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 30, 2010
Beaf:

I really pity Nigerians of tomorrow!  cry

Some here are commenting foolishly as if they know for sure that Alams was given a federal govt appointment; even though, very strangely, only Sahara reporters knows about this "appointment" (just that, they don't know what is or for that matter, what it is called shocked).
Some others have fallen into fights with each other and are exchanging words. Shame.
beaf as usual always myopic and inconsistent.na wao
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by oderemo(m): 4:48pm On Jun 30, 2010
relax. count frm one to ten.
now, GOD will save us ONLY WHEN HE IS READY. grin grin grin grin
but methink he is not ready YET.
THE ONLY NOW IS UP.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by oderemo(m): 4:49pm On Jun 30, 2010
relax. count frm one to ten.
now, GOD will save us ONLY WHEN HE IS READY. grin grin grin grin
but methink he is not ready YET.
THE ONLY WAY NOW IS UP.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by CarlosVent(m): 4:50pm On Jun 30, 2010
hmmm even THOUGH DEY R FROM SAME TRIBE ITS GOOD
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by shevalync: 4:51pm On Jun 30, 2010
Sagamite:

Slowly, slowly, the cretins transmogrify an unsubstantiated rumour into a fact.

Naija stylee.

That is how you get cretins coming to NL to argue confidently they know OBJ stole $16Bn meant for power.

thats my position man you are entitle to urs. for me obj, ibb GJ etc are bird of a feather and didnt OBJ and his cohort steal our money? pls educate me if i dont know.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by chidexy(m): 4:57pm On Jun 30, 2010
Sagamite:

Explain to me like a 8 year old how a job with CNN is a job in politics/government.

I am not saying that the CNN Job for the former disgraced New York Governor is a job in politics. I pointed that out just to show that politicians take care of their own. I am in no way supporting Alami's appointment (if it's true), but I wouldn't be surprised if it's done. It's done the world over. Nigerians have the shortest memory in politics and bringing his name and face up to national limelight will help in erasing his negative image - if in doubt ask Babangida
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Kabikala(m): 5:09pm On Jun 30, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt,
I read your treatise on Nigeria's politics (above) and I must say they are sound ideas.
You are a great mind and I will be following your postings henceforth.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Nonkit(m): 5:23pm On Jun 30, 2010
Where else has it been said that jonathan did all those things? Is Saharareporters the only news media in Nigeria? This report is completely baseless and unfounded! Nevertheless, I wouldn't mind hearing from other sources.[b][/b][color=#770077][/color]
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by xtremeidea(m): 5:29pm On Jun 30, 2010
WRONG MOVE JOHNATHAN!!!

Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by onyengbu1(m): 5:31pm On Jun 30, 2010
Sagamite:

Are you saying for a second Alams is not a thief that looted public funds?

I am not saying that Alams is not a thief and I am not also in position to say he is  . . . .

below is the link to his own side of the story.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/may/23/national-23-05-2010-001.htm

This is what he said about dressing like a woman to return to naija.

Q: How did you eventually return to Nigeria?
I have said it before. Every other day, the Metropolitan Police came to my house. So one of those days, they took me out of London to an awaiting aircraft and when I asked where they were taking me, they said, look we don’t want your political problems. Go and solve it. The day we saw your Nigerian Attorney General in court making that type of statement, we knew that it was not a criminal matter but political and we are not interested in getting involved. So I was flown to Ivory Coast. They had warned me not to say certain things they did. So I was lucky a Nigerian was coming to do business in a chartered aircraft because I had no passport.

I was just stranded in Ivory Coast in the evening when this Good Samaritan saw me. He was excited and asked what I was doing in Ivory Coast and I narrated my ordeal. So he said I should join him and he brought me back to Nigeria. I got home late. We flew to Lagos and the same aircraft took me to Port Harcourt. It was in Lagos I called my ADC to come and pick me at the airport and that was how I got home. I never dressed like a woman to escape from London. There were a lot of things and I am only abridging it because the stories are highly classified. The only thing I can say is that it is unfortunate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anti-Tinubu’s Forces Kick Against Direct Primary For APC National Convention / Nigeria LNG Declares Force Majeure As Flooding Disrupts Gas Supply / Court Orders PSC To Pay Rtd AIG Joseph Mbu ₦40m For Damages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.