Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates (11122 Views)

Shettima: Petrol Subsidy, Multiple Exchange Rates Were Producing Billionaires / Enugu Govt Launches Scheme To End Multiple Taxation / Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates by handsomeyinka(m): 5:05pm On Sep 06, 2018
Awon oloshi...
Let me go buy my bag of rice before election

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates by NobodyKnows(m): 5:09pm On Sep 06, 2018
SolutionMee:
You have my vote on this
Which vote ?
Dude . Just fukk off already

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates by xynerise: 5:10pm On Sep 06, 2018
OK, noted. What other fake promise do you have to tell us?

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates by madridsta007(m): 5:10pm On Sep 06, 2018
Naychuzzy:
I don die.. Did you say 26 children? Baba go sit down.. No one is in any way oerfect but Take it or leave it, Buhari will always be better than you.

Atiku is not lifeless. How can Buhari be better than him?
Re: Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates by olajide8(m): 5:24pm On Sep 06, 2018
I enjoy when people talk - how do you implement such a thing, via a fiat? - everybody in the economic team and management of govt, knows there should be only one exchange window, but how do you narrow it into one, when we are highly import driven?

In fact the only thing that can narrow it down is more currency proliferation from banks, but with some checks and balances- let people have access to lira - Swiss francs - more yuan and Rmb - Dinara - so they don't request for the dollar when they are going in any country other then the US direction- the challenge is how do we manage that kind of scenario - Abeg all these politicians and cheap talk ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates by tunary(m): 5:33pm On Sep 06, 2018
Agritech:
I see
lol
Re: Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates by seyigiggle: 5:33pm On Sep 06, 2018
Nigerians have been treated so badly, they can't trust anyone again
Re: Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates by Algaddaf: 5:33pm On Sep 06, 2018
Sai PMB

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 5:43pm On Sep 06, 2018
it is very consequential for politicians to emulate the political inference of the civilized country

do you need to condemn anyone to make your own manifestoes. express yourself to the citizens why and how you fit you're the best candidate to be voted for rather than this condemnation upon condemnation

that's what I expect Mr sowore to adopt too. air your manifestoes in a sense that the citizens would realized you've something to offer, not I will do what this so so person don't do, we need to do away with that

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates by naseey(m): 5:44pm On Sep 06, 2018
Mr Atiku you goona want carry 26 children to ASO ROCK and using Nigeria money they feed them, It all these children you still went to DUBAI to married another young lady, like how many children this one will born for you?
We no need you as our Presido in our country.
Good byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 06, 2018
SolutionMee:
You have my vote on this

As if he will do it if elected... PMB had many people's votes cause of restructuring but has he done it? Nigeria politicians are failure they all promise and fail.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates by tkshittu1: 5:49pm On Sep 06, 2018
oga stop fooling us with your empty promises abeg watin baba no tell us b4 him enter
Re: Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates by Toosure70: 5:55pm On Sep 06, 2018
the way one promised 1dolla=1naira I can't vote any northerner again.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates by meforyou1(m): 5:58pm On Sep 06, 2018
Naychuzzy:
I don die.. Did you say 26 children? Baba go sit down.. No one is in any way oerfect but Take it or leave it, Buhari will always be better than you.
based on no of children?
Re: Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates by awa(m): 6:02pm On Sep 06, 2018
Naychuzzy:

Buhari will be better with this bad economy The decision about 2019 is not about integrity because Buhari doesn't have one either.
US owes China a lot does it means China wealthier than US.... To hell with the Buhari integrity.
Re: Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates by Naychuzzy(m): 6:06pm On Sep 06, 2018
awa:

Buhari will be better with this bad economy The decision about 2019 is not about integrity because Buhari doesn't have one either.
US owes China a lot does it means China wealthier than US.... To hell with the Buhari integrity.

This is one deluded and confused citizen..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates by iloveyou82(f): 6:09pm On Sep 06, 2018
Luciferlove:
Naija needs fresh brain...these men are killing us..I prefer Atiku to buhari any day.

Bubu is one of us grin
and you don't like one of you.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates by iloveyou82(f): 6:12pm On Sep 06, 2018
madridsta007:

Atiku is not lifeless. How can Buhari be better than him?
and buhari is not lifeless, maybe your ineffectual buffoon that could not pregnant shepopotamus is the lifeless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates by madridsta007(m): 6:21pm On Sep 06, 2018
iloveyou82:
and buhari is not lifeless, maybe your ineffectual buffoon that could not pregnant shepopotamus is the lifeless.

Erm, not sure about that.
A simple search on Google links the very common word, “lifeless” to a certain Buhari.
We should pray for him. Dry bones has been known to rise again.

Re: Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates by Twagrill(m): 6:24pm On Sep 06, 2018
His Tactics can't work. I know he can't even do more than 30 percent of his past promises and the ones to come.
Re: Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates by iloveyou82(f): 6:29pm On Sep 06, 2018
madridsta007:

Erm, not sure about that.
A simple search on Google links the very common word, “lifeless” to a certain Buhari.
We should pray for him. Dry bones has been known to rise again.
your ineffectual don't have life inside him,
He is lifeless.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 06, 2018
iloveyou82:
and you don't like one of you.

Re: Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 06, 2018
When you were the Vice President there was multiple exchange rate why did you stop it
Re: Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates by olowo1995(m): 7:05pm On Sep 06, 2018
sophsia62:
Nigerian presidential hopeful Atiku Abubakar said he will scrap a system of multiple exchange rates to attract foreign investment and accused President Muhammadu Buhari of failing to deal with the nation’s security challenges.

“I would definitely end” the existence of several naira rates, Abubakar, a 71-year-old former vice president, told reporters Monday in Lagos, the commercial capital of Africa’s biggest oil producer. “It’s clearly anti-business and anti-foreign investment.”

Investors and the International Monetary Fund have long called for Nigeria to liberalize its currency regime to boost an economy that’s still struggling after the 2014 crash in crude prices. While he would need more advice before deciding whether to float the naira, it was important to have a “deregulated foreign-exchange market,” Abubakar said in a separate interview.

Abubakar, a Muslim from the north and a father of 26 children, is one of the main contenders to be the candidate of the opposition People’s Democratic Party, which will hold primaries later this year, along with Senate President Bukola Saraki and three former state governors. Abubakar defected from Buhari’s ruling All Progressives Congress last year, the second time he returned to the PDP in a decade.

Abubakar has been a presidential aspirant in three different parties since Nigeria returned to democratic rule in 1999. He lost to Buhari in the APC primaries in 2015 but supported him as the candidate. Buhari’s victory against then President Goodluck Jonathan marked the first time in Nigeria’s history that an opposition challenger took power through the ballot box.

Buhari may not be willing to leave office if he loses the election in February, Abubakar said.

“He is very stern, very uncompromising and power-drunk,” Abubakar said. “He may not be ready to relinquish power without a fight. I have my fears. There may not be credible elections.”

A former Nigerian Customs Service top official who became a major shareholder in Intels Nigeria Ltd., an oil-service company, he favors regional autonomy and power devolution, a stance that has popular appeal particularly in southern Nigeria.

Abubakar blamed Buhari for failing to diversify the economy from oil and handle security problems ranging from Boko Haram’s Islamist insurgency to deadly clashes between farmers and herdsmen.

“It’s been a disappointment,” he said. “We have done very badly as far as the economy, security and the unity of the country are concerned.”

Abubakar said his experience as vice president and in business stood him in good stead to govern Nigeria.

“I have a strong track record,” he said. “The economy did well when we were in government. The private sector was booming. And I’ve been a successful businessman. Buhari has driven out foreign investors.”

[b][url]http://www.akelicious.net/2018/09/atiku-vows-to-end-multiple-exchange.html

He will legalize naira to foreign exchange rate or what did I hear u say, u made me laugh in my local dialet, legalize foreign or don't he has a certain percent that enter his account from each item imported into this country
Re: Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates by martinif: 7:11pm On Sep 06, 2018
asawanathegreat:
Bros Atiku go and sit down we don't need U.
I don't need you, not we don't need you. Ok?
Re: Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates by madridsta007(m): 7:11pm On Sep 06, 2018
iloveyou82:
your ineffectual don't have life inside him,
He is lifeless.

Hehehe.
We’ll wait for a fellow President to endorse someone else as lifeless.
For now we only have one endorsement as reported by the internationally reputable Financial Times. Sad, but Nigerians brought this on themselves. Hopefully, the anomaly will be corrected in 2019.
Re: Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates by asawanathegreat(m): 8:04pm On Sep 06, 2018
martinif:

I don't need you, not we don't need you. Ok?
whatever
Re: Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates by omohayek: 8:07pm On Sep 06, 2018
It's good to know that Atiku at least knows what needs to be done - which is more than can be said for Buhari - but the trouble is that I simply don't trust the man to actually do it if he should ever get to Aso Rock. Besides, given Atiku's well-proven record of corruption - American portions of which the United States Senate documented in a publicly-available report on a US government website - I suspect all the good that will be achieved through this one action will be more than outweighed by the many other schemes for looting that this cunning old thief will create to replace it.

Even a broken clock like Atiku can be right twice a day, but that doesn't mean he's the right man for the job of Nigerian President. There are many younger, just as intelligent candidates in the running, none of whom have Atiku's proven track record of corruption or his willingness to jump from party to party without scruple.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates by blacknp(m): 11:09pm On Sep 06, 2018
slivertongue:
it can b done bt pls slow down. too many promises wil make u look like d fraud dat GMB is
Words of a Failure.
Re: Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates by slivertongue: 11:46pm On Sep 06, 2018
[quote author=blacknp post=70971249]
By His grace am doin gud.
its possible 2end multiple exchange bt GMB cant do it
Re: Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates by bellyjean(m): 7:47am On Sep 07, 2018
When we talk about exchange rate and economic development, people think it is all about Naira gaining ValueFigure against the USD. No it is not entirely about that because a deceitful government can overwhelm the economy with dollars and we will see it exchanging for N200 in less than a month. But that has only done more harm than good.

Already we see a convergence in the exchange rate across all platforms. Last wholesale intervention was 358.91, I&E window was 363, black market around 358/359, BDCs at 360. One more thing needed to be done is to banish the act of subsidizing dollars for Jerusalem and Hajj pilgrims.

So what extraordinary thing will Atiku to have a uniform exchange rate if the fundamental economic issues are not ironed out and resolved?

Our balance of payment/trade is still deficit, so how does Atiku plan to turn the table around?

I do not campaign for anybody but one major difference between APC of today and the PDP of today is that at least with APC we can see the vision, although fuzzy with bureaucratic bottlenecks, but this current PDP have still not shown that they are serious about taking Nigeria out of this quagmire.

I expected PACT to be united and put aside any pride and personal prejudices, but again they showed us that they are just as Nigerian as PDP and APC. A trio of Fela, Moghalu and Sowore in the helm of power will give both APC and PDP a run for their money.

I weep for Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Warning:tell Nigerians To Flee From USA Now! / The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? / PHCN & Blackout ,When It Rains: Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.