Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? (11106 Views)

Olusegun Agagu has finally been buried (PHOTOS) / 110 Die In Accidents On Benin-Lagos & Onitsha-Owerri Expressways / Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by razznaija(f): 4:08am On Apr 02, 2012
I was going through Linda ikeji's blog and i saw this post;
[img]http://2.bp..com/-TpXYghjgkYI/T3guEXYOMQI/AAAAAAAAUec/SOvolF2djDY/s1600/Benin-Ore-Expressway.gif[/img]
before

[img]http://4.bp..com/-UnA6f5fEn-Y/T3guF-VP0II/AAAAAAAAUek/mZ-RM13cgQg/s1600/560530_10150696280915279_514965278_9256529_110965845_n.jpg[/img]
After

Please, if you have passed through the road recently,can you post pictures or post your reviews on how safe and convenient travelling has become on the road.
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by Beaf: 4:30am On Apr 02, 2012
This is the link to the Linda Ikeji blog post: http://lindaikeji..co.uk/2012/04/transformation-comes-to-benin-lagos.html

Yes, the road has been fixed. cool
What a generation of "strong leaders" could not achieve has been accomplished.
Fresh Air!!!

1 Like

Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by Nobody: 4:47am On Apr 02, 2012
How come Nigerian roads are so UGLY despite the huge money they spend on them? Can they expand the road and make it more presentable? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by Iolo(m): 5:34am On Apr 02, 2012
The major portion of the road was contracted to RCC and I know they came on site and started working since 2007 - 2008 latest, well before Jonah got into power. He can't take the praise for this. That's for OBJ/Yar'Adua.

It's good to see the project received needed funding sha. It's been good for a while now and I think I mentioned it here last year. They've been reconstructing the road for years now so there are no major terrible spots like there used to be any longer.
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by KevinII(m): 5:41am On Apr 02, 2012
shymmex: How come Nigerian roads are so UGLY despite the huge money they spend on them? Can they expand the road and make it more presentable? lipsrsealed

Exactly. The road looks somehow to my eyes. I think I should go back and visit soon before everything will become strange to me
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by Iolo(m): 5:48am On Apr 02, 2012
shymmex: How come Nigerian roads are so UGLY despite the huge money they spend on them? Can they expand the road and make it more presentable? lipsrsealed

The pic doesn't actually best represent the standard portions of the road. I guess the portion with pics taken isn't fully completed.

The 100% completed parts have two lanes, a third park lane/mini lane made up of compressed gravel and then a V-shaped drainage beside it. This is on both sides.
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by musiwa46: 5:53am On Apr 02, 2012
the second picture is not the benin ore road. it is not

1 Like

Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by musiwa46: 5:54am On Apr 02, 2012
Linda ikeji' is a disappointment.
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by Jakumo(m): 10:13am On Apr 02, 2012
Career critics of President Goodluck Jonathan will no doubt try and downplay the miraculous road surface overhaul now nearing completion on the Lagos to Benin Expressway, after THIRTY years of utter neglect. Possibly for the first time since that highway was brand new, motorists can cover the distance between Lagos and Benin in just a few hours of smooth sailing at true highway speeds.

There is no way to measure how many human lives are going to be saved from the long overdue repair being carried out on Nigeria's primary east-west economic artery, and there can be no accurate means to quantify the economic benefits ALREADY being realized by the drastic reduction in travel times along that now pristine highway, as compared to the DAYS on end spent trapped on that same road back when its surface was pockmarked with more craters than that of the moon.

Johnny Goodluck, this brand spankin' new highway you conjured up will lead you to your second term as Nigeria's president, but to guarantee that destiny, provide Nigeria with stable electrical power, while neutralizing all who try to stop you from performing that second, sorely-needed miracle.
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by Akainzo(m): 10:56am On Apr 02, 2012
razznaija: I was going through Linda ikeji's blog and i saw this post;
[img]http://2.bp..com/-TpXYghjgkYI/T3guEXYOMQI/AAAAAAAAUec/SOvolF2djDY/s1600/Benin-Ore-Expressway.gif[/img]
before

[img]http://4.bp..com/-UnA6f5fEn-Y/T3guF-VP0II/AAAAAAAAUek/mZ-RM13cgQg/s1600/560530_10150696280915279_514965278_9256529_110965845_n.jpg[/img]
After

Please, if you have passed through the road recently,can you post pictures or post your reviews on how safe and convenient travelling has become on the road.

The two pictures are definitely not of the same road. Do check out the median in the two roads.

1 Like

Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by Jakumo(m): 11:06am On Apr 02, 2012
Even if it is not the same stretch of road shown in both pictures, that entire highway HAS been overhauled, after 30 years of governmental neglect, making that road overhaul President Goodluck Jonathan's crowning glory till date.

Johnny B. Goode, transform Nigeria's electrical power supply like you have done its main economic thoroughfare, and you WILL win that next election for your assured second term as Nigeria's president, hands down.
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by brainchild78(m): 11:53am On Apr 02, 2012
hurray! finally after waiting 1000 years! cheesy
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by ismhab(m): 12:23pm On Apr 02, 2012
I hope it will last long.
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by snthesis(m): 12:27pm On Apr 02, 2012
dont want to doubt- just need clarification- is this thread stating that the entire Benin-Lagos road stretch has been fixed

1 Like

Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by kombats: 12:33pm On Apr 02, 2012
thx GOD we can nw say d gov. Is trying
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by agabaI23(m): 12:34pm On Apr 02, 2012
Iolo: The major portion of the road was contracted to RCC and I know they came on site and started working since 2007 - 2008 latest, well before Jonah got into power. He can't take the praise for this. That's for OBJ/Yar'Adua.

It's good to see the project received needed funding sha. It's been good for a while now and I think I mentioned it here last year. They've been reconstructing the road for years now so there are no major terrible spots like there used to be any longer.

You will give credit to Jonathan. Why? He provided the fund and showed the will to get it done. Did he change the contract sum? No!

I am sure some of the subsidy money was used to expedite action on the road as they promised. Well done Johnny Goodluck!
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 02, 2012
Is this not the same road oshiomhole and the minster of works were fighting to renoavte at the benin end of it ? Can someone who plied the road of recent update us pleae ?
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by ak47mann(m): 12:36pm On Apr 02, 2012
still works to be done is not yet ready..........
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by jaymdee(m): 12:37pm On Apr 02, 2012
The concrete demarcation on the second picture can be found on any portion of Benin Lagos Express Way. They're different roads.
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 02, 2012
jaymdee: The concrete demarcation on the second picture can be found on any portion of Benin Lagos Express Way. They're different roads.

So where is this propaganda coming from ?
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by In4MATIC1: 12:49pm On Apr 02, 2012
jaymdee: The concrete demarcation on the second picture can be found on any portion of Benin Lagos Express Way. They're different roads.
very true observation. Work is moving at a fast pace around the ore axis but 100% complete? I'd say not yet
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by queenafric(f): 12:52pm On Apr 02, 2012
I drove from Lagos to Benin last week and I will say it has improved tremendously though not 100 percent completed. Unfortunately, I couldn't take any pic as I wasn't alone in d car and didn't want to waste anyone's time. Nonetheless, I think there is a really big improvement on d road. About 20 mins from Ore towards Benin, d road is still bad, so I had to reduce my speed. Moreso, at some points along d way, some section of d road was closed while oncoming vehicles had to share d same lane with vehicles from d opposite direction. My assessment is that it took me a shorter time to get back to Lagos than when I was travelling out to Benin. I believe that with time, d whole construction would be sorted.

1 Like

Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 02, 2012

1 Like

Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by Akainzo(m): 12:54pm On Apr 02, 2012

I am sure you meant to write, "The concrete demarcation on the second picture can not be found on any portion of Benin Lagos Express Way. They're different roads."
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by emmykk(m): 12:54pm On Apr 02, 2012
We should be happy that the road had been fixed-and be appreciative some are talking about texture blah blah blah i think this is Fresh air,fresh air,fresh air
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by Emperoh(m): 12:54pm On Apr 02, 2012
I won't say nada until i drive past there on Friday
If the portion from the Ore toll gate past Ore round about till the boundary with Edo State is ok
then i can comfortably agree to this assertion. . . that's about the worst portion on that route
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by Koolking(m): 12:58pm On Apr 02, 2012
razznaija: I was going through Linda ikeji's blog and i saw this post;
before

After

Smh. Is Linda Ikeji not a mouthpiece and apologist of the present govt? She would do anything to give the failed govt a face. Let people who pass thru that route confirm the development. I am not interested in Linda Ikeji's Paparazzi and gossip.
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by hardbody: 1:00pm On Apr 02, 2012
I will find out on Friday morning and revert. I am personally doing teh haul to the eastern parts for teh easter holiday. when i get back, i will update you guys, but i would not take pictures oo
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by nduchucks: 1:03pm On Apr 02, 2012
In-4MATIC:

very true observation. Work is moving at a fast pace around the ore axis but 100% complete? I'd say not yet

I agree with the above, the whole highway has been "finished" as shown in the second picture. The only stretch of the highway that is not yet tarred is the ore axis, however, the whole axis has been covered with gravel in preparation for tarring.

The question is, are they going to award a contract for maintenance?

1 Like

Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by Basics007: 1:13pm On Apr 02, 2012
Koolking:

Smh. Is Linda Ikeji not a mouthpiece and apologist of the present govt? She would do anything to give the failed govt a face. Let people who pass thru that route confirm the development. I am not interested in Linda Ikeji's Paparazzi and gossip.
And where's the evidence backing up your spurious that she's govt mouthpiece? Infact it's the contrary. Check out her blog thruout the subsidy crisis.
@OP. I dont think linda ikeji's blog is the best link in this situation. Those pictures has been circulating all over the internet for sometime now. Was in Ore in march and the road was certainly still far from completed,though there's improvement
Re: The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? by stepo707: 1:16pm On Apr 02, 2012
The second picture could be any road.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) / 2023: Peter Obi, An Internet Creation, Not On Ground In S’east- APC / Jigawa Passes ‘No HIV Test, No Marriage’ Bill Into Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.