Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home (34080 Views)

Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home / Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government / The Moment Ihedioha Sent Police To Raid Okorocha Daughter's Shop, Blasted (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home by Limitednow: 1:12pm On Sep 05, 2018
An informant who tipped the Nigeria Police which in turn raided the home of Chief Edwin Clark has narrated what transpired.

Named Ismail Yakubu, 45, the informant who is now a suspect, said he was being misled by a taxi driver who provided him the details.

Mr Yakubu stated this on Wednesday when he was paraded at the force headquarters by the Police. The transcript obtained by NGPOLITICS is reproduced below.

“I am an indigene of Waru village in Apo in the Federal Capital Territory(FCT),” the informant said.

“First and foremost, I appreciate the time given to me. The point is that I got to hear about the large cache of arms and ammunition in the home of Chief Edwin Clark on Monday on my way to Asokoro exactly around 4 o’clock.

“I was called to come and receive a message at the back of ECOWAS Secretariat and I took a taxi from Apo Roundabout.

“On getting to the back of ECOWAS Secretariat, I called the man that asked me to come and receive the message. There is a street called Halle Salasi Street. That was the street I was going to. There is Catholic Church on that street and there is an incomplete building there. That was exactly where the man asked me to come and meet him.

“So on my way going, I was sitting on the front seat of the taxi and there were two other people at the back seat.

“So, when we reached there, the whole place was crowded. No way in and no way out.

“So, I began to ask question about what was happening here and the taxi driver now told me that is this not the area where this Niger Delta people are living.

“And I said which Niger Delta people and I said how manage because the whole place was rowdy.

“Then he now pointed to me that I should look at that truck that is entering that compound and I checked the compound and the house was house number 43.

“So, it was a white hilux van sealed and it was entering the compound and it was in the process of entering the compound that was why the whole place was blocked to allow it to enter the compound.

“The driver then told me that this hilux that is entering the compound is carrying ammunition, and I said what!”

He maintained that as a citizen of the FCT, he could not keep the information to himself hence he decided to alert the police.

The raid has sparked nationwide condemnation from Nigerians.

Source: https://www.ngpolitics.com/taxi-driver-clark-home-suspect/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 05, 2018
The taxi driver told you a sealed white hilux van entering a compound is carrying weapons and that is all what took the police to raid a VIP's house without warrant or intelligence?

If only the police ever answered or listened with such prompt to the numerous calls from attacked villages, what a glorious place Benue, Taraba, Jos, Adamawa, Bornu, Zamfara would be.

383 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home by Limitednow: 1:18pm On Sep 05, 2018
grin

So our police has stoop so low to act on hearsay?

If Clark was an APC Chieftain would they have raided his home?

This people think we are fools. This one didn't work, bring another one.

169 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home by Blakjewelry(m): 1:27pm On Sep 05, 2018
well the guy is trying to be a good citizen but why do tatafo for them say them say

2 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home by BruncleZuma: 1:58pm On Sep 05, 2018
grin grin grin grin

This government nevers runs out of scape-goats and blame-deflectors...

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home by Biglittlelois(f): 1:58pm On Sep 05, 2018
Lies, if they had found something incriminating in his residence, the story would have been different, the IGP has been caught hands down for his stupidity.

BTW where is that butterfly shiit guy salivating on the mouth saying it was Saraki, always perching on NL causing nuisance

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home by eleojo23: 1:59pm On Sep 05, 2018
The police under this government is an embarrassment to police force worldwide.

If the IGP is not smart, the entire force becomes dull
Sick head, sick body.

35 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home by bedspread: 1:59pm On Sep 05, 2018
Keep Fooling yourself IGp!!

A Bunch of Reckless Leaders governing a Nation

10 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home by TheLogicalMind(m): 2:00pm On Sep 05, 2018
angry angry

So an unsubstantiated street rumor/gossip is enough to use the might of the Police to hound an over 80 years old man abi? But even in the face of the glaring evidence of Fulani herdsmen atrocities, this same IGP (Iditotic Gworo Pig) refused a direct order to relocate to Benue State, is that not so?

If this country does not vote out the Association of Professional Clowns (APC) you will hear more disturbing things than this in the years to come. As for me, I'm working hard to ensure I'm no longer a citizen of this country when the evil begins to manifest.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 05, 2018
Mumu APC

It's don't even have any evidence to back up his claim just street gossips.. Chai

6 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 2:00pm On Sep 05, 2018
grin
Re: Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home by GavelSlam: 2:00pm On Sep 05, 2018
Embarasing but he may have been working in the best interest of the society.

Further investigation is required.

8 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 05, 2018
cheesy
Re: Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home by Elvis295(m): 2:01pm On Sep 05, 2018
K

9 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home by makeji: 2:03pm On Sep 05, 2018
Very embarrazing. Do they know anything called intelligent gathering at all talkless of undercover operation. hearsay ko heardo nii

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home by Solo84(m): 2:04pm On Sep 05, 2018
very funny.

''Taxi man told me that the truck contains ammunition''.... without seeing it? and you alerted the police... and the police too quickly responded like mumu without a warrant?

Anything is possible in Nigeria anyway!

13 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 2:05pm On Sep 05, 2018
the story dosent make sense grin

9 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home by Checked86: 2:05pm On Sep 05, 2018
what a story

2 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home by nelronaldo(m): 2:06pm On Sep 05, 2018
Scripted

5 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home by Sarkin: 2:06pm On Sep 05, 2018
The officers should be freed and the taxi man should be honored.

2 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home by ngwababe(f): 2:07pm On Sep 05, 2018
Ana akogheri grin

5 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 05, 2018
Davido has 30billion in his house, oya police make una go check grin

5 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home by oshe11: 2:08pm On Sep 05, 2018
Because Of Ordinary Taxi Driver' Info, You(IGP) raided the house of a Statesman because he was from Niger Delta?

Can You do same to Northerners?

Well, Sanusi has billions under his Bed where he fvcks his Oloshos and also keeps Arms in the wardrope in that same room

Nonsense

6 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home by truthfulparrot(m): 2:10pm On Sep 05, 2018
The police under IGP Idris is always getting it wrong. I don't think it is proper to parade the informant like this. What objective will it achieve? It will only scare genuine informants from helping the in the future. The major blame should be on the policemen who invaded Edwin Clarke house without following due process and rule of law.

That is why everyone including our leaders should observe the sacrosanct of the rule of law. The rule of law is greater than national interest because without the rule of law there will not be national interest!

14 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home by vascey(m): 2:10pm On Sep 05, 2018
Which kind stupid lie be this?!! undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home by kingsmead: 2:11pm On Sep 05, 2018
Limitednow:
grin

So our police has stoop so low to act on hearsay?

If Clark was an APC Chieftain would they have raided his home?

This people think we are fools. This one didn't work, bring another one.

so sad.... Nigerians please always think outside the box of tribalism and political sentiment and get focused on the future of this nation ..
you're killing this nation with your naive thoughts and shallow reasoning. .

once we realize that every of our elects 're so so so stupid and not competent to rule the nation we will not grow out of this 3rd world we have been rolled on.

2 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home by AnanseK(m): 2:11pm On Sep 05, 2018
I wouldn’t be surprised at all if loads of arms and ammunition were found. With the story of Pastor Oristejafor’s jet load of money for arms smuggling still fresh in our minds, and the recent catchments of Lorry loads of illegal weapons and military uniforms ( traced to particular regions of the country) , the police did the right thing. There is no smoke without fire.
Re: Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home by Opinionated: 2:12pm On Sep 05, 2018
What happened really?
Re: Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home by ifymadu: 2:12pm On Sep 05, 2018
Cock and bull story of a shameless government

2 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home by AnanseK(m): 2:13pm On Sep 05, 2018
ifymadu:
Cock and bull story of a shameless government

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets / Scores Of Boko Haram Terrorists Drown After Military Bombardment In Borno / Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.