Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,263 members, 7,839,327 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Salary Of A Nigerian Politician - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Salary Of A Nigerian Politician (18309 Views)

Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% / I Wished Evry Nigerian Politician Wud Be Like Tinubu After Watching Documentary / Which Nigerian Politician Has The Finest Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by chelseabmw(m): 10:48pm On Jul 01, 2010
i wish to be a politician some day
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by GAR3TH(m): 11:06pm On Jul 01, 2010
in 2007 obama earned $4.2 Million from his books sales. even though american presidents earn $400,000 a year, they will still have bank accounts in the millions because they can literally sell and invest in anything due to the popularity.

these nigerian politicians on the other hand, I have no comment. . .but i would love to see a source of were you got the stats from. . .you cant really compare Nigerian politicians to american politicians. . .american political jobs come's with many benefits and advantages while Nigerian politicians would have to buy those benefits and advantages. . .hence the difference in salaries.
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by mrkoma2012: 11:16pm On Jul 01, 2010
This doesnt incled the backhand payments from over inflated uncommisioned contracts,
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by Dunsine: 12:03am On Jul 02, 2010
Things've got to change pretty soon,
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by Rmc1(m): 1:34am On Jul 02, 2010
So much money for nothing other for them to answer; those in favour of the motion say aaaai and those against say nayyy grin chai LWKMD This does not include the occational brown envelops and ghana must go bags filled with money that are passed around grin
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by Rastamann: 1:47am On Jul 02, 2010
It is time for us to withdraw Nigeria from the rest of the world, for at least five years, inorder to put our house in order.
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by semid4lyfe(m): 3:48am On Jul 02, 2010
No wonder our elections are do or die affairs grin
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by http(m): 6:29am On Jul 02, 2010
And am here working in foreign land cos my home is shattered, no hope for tomorrow, i meet light when i was born, now my child only know generator, we had better education then, now its the highest bidder when national exams has less than 3% pass.

I saw every American home with their national flag, and i remember home, where is my flag, nothing seem to be working, all i read about you NIGERIA is badness, no national pride, till u die Nigeria has nothing to do with u.

Is this where u will end up, in another man's land, Nigeria where is your pride, cos u're in DARKNESS, when will light shines in u, Nigeria wake up, cos you're already 50, at that age what have u achieve.

This goes to all Nigerian, what is the 50 years on earth have u done for Nigeria, is it:

The total darkness u've brought our country into, no water, bad road, cry

my mother is old and i check to know what has happen to her for those 80 years, and i started crying.

For those whose are stilling the wealth of this nation, that nigeria will rise one day and let me tell u, God will surely judge everyone according to his or her deed, that is certain.
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by IRAPADA(m): 7:40am On Jul 02, 2010
If a senator is earning 30m in a month in 4 years he wil earn 1.44billion naira nawa o
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by princekevo(m): 8:13am On Jul 02, 2010
{browse over} Next year they will rais another motion for salary and allowance increase. We will all come to NL and start making noise and there it ends. BUNCHES OF COWARD!!!! We are only brave in doing evil even when the consequencies are death sentenced, but when it comes to showing our braveness in putting things right we become cowards.
A Nigerian will be brave to move drugs in china, s,pore knowing fully well he jst signed his death sentence. Tell the same person to carry bomb into Aso rock or NAAS full house he will suddenly remember how sweet life is. {sigh}
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by Browser69(m): 8:17am On Jul 02, 2010
I don't think there is any hope for this nation soonest. See some guys want to join politics after reading this report, Ask them what is there mission? Your guess is good as mine. No wonder Bankole is performing or may I say representing d youth wella.
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by pappy4real(m): 8:55am On Jul 02, 2010
what more can the poor masses of this country do or say? we speak and our voice is not heard and even when its heard they ignore, let those foolish gluttonous looters be happy that God aint man and let them continue to loot the national cake like the one their mamas baked until the wrath of God will catch up with 'em
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by chuxy12(m): 9:01am On Jul 02, 2010
what!! when is the revolution coming?
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by anitabest(f): 9:16am On Jul 02, 2010
pity for them all. rubbish.
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by micklplus(m): 9:18am On Jul 02, 2010
princekevo:

{browse over} Next year they will rais another motion for salary and allowance increase. We will all come to NL and start making noise and there it ends. BUNCHES OF COWARD!!!! We are only brave in doing evil even when the consequencies are death sentenced, but when it comes to showing our braveness in putting things right we become cowards.
A Nigerian will be brave to move drugs in china, s,pore knowing fully well he jst signed his death sentence. Tell the same person to carry bomb into Aso rock or NAAS full house he will suddenly remember how sweet life is. {sigh}

Nice one. I wish those militants kidnapping and bombing innocent citizens can direct their militancy to the right place.
Really, God helep naija.
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 02, 2010
Then which way forward? I'm sick of these "dem-all-crazy". The educated, talented, hard working, citizens can't boast of, or hope of being employed, the employed are not even well paid while these politicians earn ridiculous amount as salary aside the amount they loot. THIS IS SAD!!!!! I weep for this great Nation that still crawls at 50.
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by GeorgeD1(m): 9:47am On Jul 02, 2010
it's because of all these looting most of them want to remain there forever! angry
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by maufunky: 9:53am On Jul 02, 2010
angry angry NO wonder people are rushing into politics.
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by TheClown: 10:07am On Jul 02, 2010
@Beaf,

Yes bad things happened during the military rule but I tell you, to get Nigeria out of the present junk yard we've found ourselves, we need redicalism and how do you think that can come by? If we give our voices against the military just because of what we percieved to have happened before now then what we are saying is that the nonsense happening now is the only option, in other words, radical change is not an option(?)! If you condemn the military because of two people, namely Babangida and Abacha, then be well aware that they did most of the things they did because of their civilian collaborators! What we need though is not just the military but a well intentioned set of military men! Civilians can't do it alone, at no time and no where have they done it alone, name it: British Revolution, French Revolution, American Revolution, Bulgarian Revolution, Ghanian Revolution, etc. If we continue complaining, our children suffer more us! But if we act, in any simple way, be it starting a public opinion, bringing up this kind of topics when we chat with friends, educate few illiterates on matters like this, then participating in the actual gun handling and clean sweeping, there would be a chance for us to hope that chance might come 2moro. All we are doing now is just paper tigritude!
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by agitator: 10:27am On Jul 02, 2010
When you discuss with youths, it is then you will realize nigeria is doomed. the level of reasoning is below average. how can we progress?
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by dolu2007(m): 10:42am On Jul 02, 2010
Visit the Nigerian page- http://web.worldbank.org/WBSITE/EXTERNAL/COUNTRIES/AFRICAEXT/NIGERIAEXTN/0,,menuPK:368902~pagePK:141159~piPK:141110~theSitePK:368896,00.html
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by ud4u: 10:50am On Jul 02, 2010
mouth sealed!!!!!!!!!!!!! just cry cry cry for my dear country and acclaimed gaint of Africa.
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 02, 2010
You would think with all this money, they would stop embezzling.

Its no wonder people commit rituals or try smuggle drugs to enable them get an electoral position.

And once elected, they move our of their constituencies, only visiting once a year or so.

Nigeria is still under a bastardized form of democracy, even if you protest, no one listens.
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by confetti(f): 10:58am On Jul 02, 2010
The Clown:

@Beaf,

Yes bad things happened during the military rule but I tell you, to get Nigeria out of the present junk yard we've found ourselves, we need redicalism and how do you think that can come by? If we give our voices against the military just because of what we percieved to have happened before now then what we are saying is that the nonsense happening now is the only option, in other words, radical change is not an option(?)! If you condemn the military because of two people, namely Babangida and Abacha, then be well aware that they did most of the things they did because of their civilian collaborators! What we need though is not just the military but a well intentioned set of military men! Civilians can't do it alone, at no time and no where have they done it alone, name it: British Revolution, French Revolution, American Revolution, Bulgarian Revolution, Ghanian Revolution, etc. If we continue complaining, our children suffer more us! But if we act, in any simple way, be it starting a public opinion, bringing up this kind of topics when we chat with friends, educate few illiterates on matters like this, then participating in the actual gun handling and clean sweeping, there would be a chance for us to hope that chance might come 2moro. All we are doing now is just paper tigritude!

You have a point here but the military has to be incited and this is where the civilians come in. The problem with our country is massive illiteracy and hunger. Imagine the case of former Inec boss where some people were paid to support him when almost the whole world was asking for his head. What do u make of that. Massive illiteracy on the part of Nigerians is a big big impediment as we seem not to know what to do. If all Nigerian masses would come out on a massive protest like what happened in Iran, continous pressure on them would bring up change and if they refuse to, it will give the military the needed impetus to carry out a coup.
The few educated nigerians who should talk are either intimidated or their business ventures closed down.
To me, we need a combined effort - all nigerians both in diaspora and home. simple
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by Cohomology: 11:16am On Jul 02, 2010
This nonsense will go on and never stop because the day a sane human will question this foolishness and make serious moves to stop it, some of us will condemn him/her for stopping the loot, either because he's not from our ethnic group or of a different religion.

There is no hope for that unfortunate country called Nigeria unless "we" (don't know if that exists though) come together to crush the gang of thieves in Abuja.
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by redsun(m): 11:29am On Jul 02, 2010
Nigerian masses stake their lives and the future of their children for bags of salts,bags of imported rice and cash tokens in exchange of their votes for unfit individuals like obasanjo.

I will rather vote for the preacher man,chris okotie than for jonathan.I am not saying okotie is the ultimate but relatively,he is saner than jonathan.
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by cooltobex(m): 11:58am On Jul 02, 2010
if this is true, then these people are pure criminals!
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by mrofficial(m): 12:14pm On Jul 02, 2010
redsun:

Nigerian masses stake their lives and the future of their children for bags of salts,bags of imported rice and cash tokens in exchange of their votes for unfit individuals like obasanjo.

[b]I will rather vote for the preacher man,chris okotie than for jonathan.[/b]I am not saying okotie is the ultimate but relatively,he is saner than jonathan.

[b]Thumbs up for you.

After enough ranting on Nairaland, here and there, You still see these people vote for Babangida or someone from their tribe.

Tribalism is another case in Nigeria. Nigeria is what will call it, we need someone to move Nigeria forward. If you vote for someone that is from your tribe, you voted him because he is from your tribe and not because you saw that he will take Nigeria forward. Do you know what kind of spirit is in him?

I laughed at people that said "Obasanjo is your brother" for christ's sake my brother that does not remember me, that treats me like shit. My brother that does not care if i die tomorrow. When are we going to stop thinking that way? All we need is someone that sees Nigeria.

So 2011 the whole of the igbos will vote for their man, an igbo candidate. You see Nigeria's life now?

If you talk about Chris Okotie, many will say, he should go and sit somewhere. Where are the sensible ones? After voting for the wrong one, they will still come back to complain.
[/b]
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by automarket: 12:29pm On Jul 02, 2010
The future or destiny of Nigerians are in their hands

Nigerians have options to choose between Light and darkness

Some of them we still collect money from fake politicians,

Some of them will still snatch ballot boxes, majority of them that are good are only good to their family they are scared to enter into politics and depopulate the evil people in the government affairs

Nigerians are very religious, still we never have a born again Councilor or Chairman or Senator and Governor or President. When i said born again, Please remember I mean born again Christian or Muslim with mind of God.

2011 is a year of strong determination against fake politicians

Stand up for your right, your vote will count

we have the internet as our major tool to use against the evil genuine s
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by sosoramon: 12:40pm On Jul 02, 2010
Basic Salary - N2, 484, 245.50.
Hardship Allowance @ 50% of Basic Salary - N1,242,122.70 (I love this kind of
hardship)
Constituency allowance @ 200% of BS - N4,968,509.00
Furniture Allowance @ 300% of BS - N7,452,736.50
Newspaper allowance @ 50% - N1,242,122.70 (Which kind newspaper be this shey na online or hard copy?).
Wardrobe allowance @ 25% - N621,061.37
Recess Allowance@ 10%: - N248,424.55
Accommodation @ 200% - N4,968,509.00.
Utilities @ 30% - N828,081.83.
Domestic Staff @ 35% - N863,184.12.
Entertainment @ 30% - N828,081.83.
Personal Assistance @ 25% - N621,061.37.
Vehicle Maintenance Allowance @ 75% - N1,863,184.12.
Leave Allowance @10% - N248,424.55.
One off payments (As advised by SagamiteSeverance gratuity) @ 300% - N7,452,736.50 (Once they get fired.)
Motor Vehicle Allowance @ 400% of BS - N9,936,982.00 - Every Four Years
Senators Salary per month. - N2,456,647.7
Total = N29, 479, 749.00
* 109 Senators Grand Total = N3,264,329,264. 10
A feeding frenzy!!!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Salary U.S. President: $250,000/yr.
GDP U.S. Economy: $13Trillion/ yr.

Allowance Nig. Senator: $1,500,000/yr
GDP Nig. Economy: $45 Billion/yr.

And they want more. Doctors, teachers, civil servants can't boast of N1m a year and these guys want N30m every month

shocked CORRUPTION IS SO MUCH IN THIS COUNTRY, ALL OUR SENATORS ARE EARNING MORE THAN THE UNITED STATE PRESIDENT shocked shocked shocked angry angry angry angry[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by frankcimc(m): 12:42pm On Jul 02, 2010
chinekeeeee  Nija get money ooooo, Land of plantry my country be oo. I wish make we switch government briefly with chinese government small make i see some death penalty everywhere even massacre , anyway chinese gov self all na the same, Anyways politics na profession that pays well well jary i no blame them. Kai
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by HOTandCOLD(m): 12:46pm On Jul 02, 2010
All those waiting for a revolution in nigeria can as well wait for godot because a [b]REVOLUTION WILL NEVER HAPPEN IN NIGERIA. The thieving leaders know that we as a people are not united with one goal/purpose. WE ARE FRAGMENTED, DIVIDED AND HEAVILY TRIBALISED, so how can we present a united front for the revolution.[/b] It cannot start from the east because the rest of Nigeria will cry Biafra and it cannot start from the west, period. The only people who can start anything are the people that dominate the military and that is the north. But why would they change anything when Nigeria as presently constituted is working perfectly for them. For instance Rtd Gen. T.Y Danjuma said he made profit of about USD$500million after selling his oil block to the chinese. Did anybody say anything?. No, that's the way the country is. We're on a slippery slope to nowhere in particular and the masses in all nooks and crannies of the country are getting poorer while the the leaders (past and present) from all parts of the country are getting richer. But you try to raise an important topic like corruption and the first thing people want to know is your background ie as regards to the person you are accusing. A few people like the late fela and Gani Fawehinmi were excellent and Prof. wole soyinka is still speaking out, but apart from him, who else in a country of close to 150 million people?. AND YOU'RE BUSY DREAMING OF A REVOLUTION

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko / How Obanikoro, Others Airlifted N1.2bn Cash For Fayose – Bank Official / Umahi Condemns Killing Of 25 Persons By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.