Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,270 members, 7,839,354 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Salary Of A Nigerian Politician - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Salary Of A Nigerian Politician (18310 Views)

Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% / I Wished Evry Nigerian Politician Wud Be Like Tinubu After Watching Documentary / Which Nigerian Politician Has The Finest Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by sonerkind(m): 12:55pm On Jul 02, 2010
Statistics like me just make me lose it.
With these kind of money,continuity is kind of assured and we keep on recycling greedy politicians.
We really need a revolution to wrestle power form all these goons in power.God help Nigeria.
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by agitator: 12:58pm On Jul 02, 2010
sosoramon:

shocked CORRUPTION IS SO MUCH IN THIS COUNTRY, ALL OUR SENATORS ARE EARNING MORE THAN THE UNITED STATE PRESIDENT shocked shocked shocked angry angry angry angry[color=#990000][/color]  

It's not corruption my brother, this is their legitimate wage, you can not arrest or prosecute them.  the problem is that when workers demand for more pay they are quick to point out the nation cannot afford such wages imagine workers demanding for Minimum Salary of N50K/month take home and they are complaining which is even way below the lowest allowance they receive.
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by farouqb(m): 3:00pm On Jul 02, 2010
CORRUPT PEOPLE REVOLTING AGAINST CORRUPT GOVT = CORRUPT GOVT.

I only see us revolving in a circle, hw on earth are we going to change our corrupt country
with corruption clearly written on our faces and in every drop of our blood.
Do you think that these bunch of useless leaders we have are aliens sent to us from
mars? NO they are people like me and you with the same corruption laden minds and
still thinking of changing Nigeria for a better.

The very first step out is let change ourselves at individual level and then revolution comes second.
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by oracular: 3:30pm On Jul 02, 2010
they are all rogues, it's despicable how we can fritter away hard earned cash from the niger delta and bath some miscreants with it.

if i leave this country and join our brethren in diaspora; how can i persuade them to return to develop our nation, i dont know the kind of jinx gripping us, God pls save us
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by siapaya(m): 9:42pm On Jul 02, 2010
sosoramon:

Basic Salary - N2, 484, 245.50.
Hardship Allowance @ 50% of Basic Salary - N1,242,122.70 (I love this kind of
hardship)
Constituency allowance @ 200% of BS - N4,968,509.00
Furniture Allowance @ 300% of BS - N7,452,736.50
Newspaper allowance @ 50% - N1,242,122.70 (Which kind newspaper be this shey na online or hard copy?).
Wardrobe allowance @ 25% - N621,061.37
Recess Allowance@ 10%: - N248,424.55
Accommodation @ 200% - N4,968,509.00.
Utilities @ 30% - N828,081.83.
Domestic Staff @ 35% - N863,184.12.
Entertainment @ 30% - N828,081.83.
Personal Assistance @ 25% - N621,061.37.
Vehicle Maintenance Allowance @ 75% - N1,863,184.12.
Leave Allowance @10% - N248,424.55.
One off payments (As advised by SagamiteSeverance gratuity) @ 300% - N7,452,736.50 (Once they get fired.)
Motor Vehicle Allowance @ 400% of BS - N9,936,982.00 - Every Four Years
Senators Salary per month. - N2,456,647.7
Total = N29, 479, 749.00
* 109 Senators Grand Total = N3,264,329,264. 10
A feeding frenzy!!!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Salary U.S. President: $250,000/yr.
GDP U.S. Economy: $13Trillion/ yr.

Allowance Nig. Senator: $1,500,000/yr
GDP Nig. Economy: $45 Billion/yr.

And they want more. Doctors, teachers, civil servants can't boast of N1m a year and these guys want N30m every month

shocked CORRUPTION IS SO MUCH IN THIS COUNTRY, ALL OUR SENATORS ARE EARNING MORE THAN THE UNITED STATE PRESIDENT shocked shocked shocked angry angry angry angry[color=#990000][/color]

Lets just hope this kind of data they published it well across the country, so the shameless can get all the shame they deserve,
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by vinchristy: 11:41pm On Jul 02, 2010
@HOTandCOLD, The inevitabilty of a revolution is unquestionable.It would definately happen in this country.
Also the talk of the north having the highest quaota in the Nigerian Arm Forces have always been the case but doesnt determine
who command a military action, 1966 Civil war (Kaduna Ezeogu) 1990 coup (Okar), all southerners.
Before now that when you talk of nation disintegration you talk about the Igbos, But could have envisage the niger delta guys.
In Nigeria of today,anything is possible.Take a look , what hasnt happen in nigeria.Is it:Head of state/president deing in office,Is it police IG going to jail,Is it from prison to presidency,
Is it the killing of an attorney general of federation been killed in office (See continue to list on and on).Remember some military boys were sentenced to life in prisonment for demostrating due to unpaided wages/salaries
which though against military regulations is still their right (a lot northern boys were affected).See believe me it is very inevitable.Lets just pray not to be catch unaware because its planning it never announced.
Dont get me wrong ooo, I am not advocating for or against but I know from history which would continue to repeat itself directly or indirectly that revolution is through out history is inevitable (check your holy books which ever one).
It can only take time, When a master eats and prevent a dog from eating ,it would revolt.It can only take time.

Anyway Time would tell
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by jokingmary(m): 11:40am On Jul 03, 2010
Furniture Allowance @ 300% of BS - N7,452,736.50

Which kind furniture angry

This is truly annoying
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by siapaya(m): 7:12pm On Jul 03, 2010
Should we be carefull about what we say here? If I have those kind of salary, and I feel that this kind of critics / revelation can 'disturb' my comfortness, I can afford ( with all those money ) to pay someone ( or some institution ) to 'shut the mouth' of whoever taking this to the surface.
Dont you think so? Just a 'worried' opinion.
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by makajibbz(m): 10:31am On Jul 04, 2010
siapaya:

Should we be carefull about what we say here? If I have those kind of salary, and I feel that this kind of critics / revelation can 'disturb' my comfortness, I can afford ( with all those money ) to pay someone ( or some institution ) to 'shut the mouth' of whoever taking this to the surface.
Dont you think so? Just a 'worried' opinion.
story,
dont you know that Nigerian politicians dont have shame!!! say whatever,they dnt give a Bleep so-far they're still there choppin the money, mttsseewwww!!!
and its even time the civilians pack themselves and start killling politicians, honestly,if i have that opportunity i'll kill them alll!!! God no go vex!!!
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by NaijaNaWaa: 10:32am On Jul 04, 2010
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but their undocumented earnings is like 100 times what you have above. For instance, they embark on useless and frivolous local and international travels at high estacodes. They award themselves contracts at inflated prices. And the biggest ones: they receive hefty kickbacks and contracts from Ministries and agencies that they over-see. Roughly, a Senator "earns" more than N100m per anum. Their principal officers eran ten times more.
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by makajibbz(m): 10:40am On Jul 04, 2010
now tell me dey dont deserve to be castrated!!!
poor people are on the street,that dont even have 200naira, then one person dey spend that amount of money on himself and family, nonsense!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by Loveaflame(m): 3:54pm On Jul 04, 2010
It's very painful to see many living below the poverty line and yet some few are feasting themselves of the common wealth of the nation to the detriment of the majority.

The only hope I see for this nation is for the youth of this nation to come together and say no to this rubbish.Their is no peace without war.If that will turn this nation around so be it.
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by tlops(m): 10:46pm On Jul 04, 2010
I must contest for presidency and win, by fire by force

i rest my case,
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by GeorgeD1(m): 9:08am On Jul 05, 2010
with these kind of money flying into these people's pockets, politics will continue to be a very lucrative business.
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by agitator: 11:30am On Jul 05, 2010
makajibbz:

now tell me dey dont deserve to be castrated!!!
poor people are on the street,that dont even have 200naira, then one person dey spend that amount of money on himself and family, nonsense!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

the family members will come here and tell you to forget government, don't blame them and develop your community. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by makajibbz(m): 12:36pm On Jul 05, 2010
agitator:

the family members will come here and tell you to forget government, don't blame them and develop your community. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
how will someone develpop his/her community when they cant even develop his/her bungalow they're living in.lol
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by tushbobo(m): 3:34pm On Jul 05, 2010
These allowances are little.I think the politicians should appropriate the whole budget to themselves,this will enable us achieve vision 2020.
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by philip0906(m): 3:47pm On Jul 05, 2010
its a pity that we can only talk but not act.how i wish every Nigerian will know that 'until blood is shed in this country,nothin will change" undecided embarassed
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by daylae(m): 4:09pm On Jul 05, 2010
^^we don't need to shed blood to cause a change. These people are in the minority,its just that we citizens don't ask questions,some don't even know who's representing them in government so as to question them,and call them back when they're not performing.
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by philip0906(m): 4:17pm On Jul 05, 2010
daylae:

^^we don't need to shed blood to cause a change. These people are in the minority,its just that we citizens don't ask questions,some don't even know who's representing them in government so as to question them,and call them back when they're not performing.
did they come in there with ur votes?they don't need our votes 2 be in power sowhat "right" have u 2 recall someone u did not vote 4,all they need is godfather. . .we don't like 2 tell ourselves d gospel truth in this country. . .protests won't work(how many protests have been held in this country?ask soyinka),it is only a "revolution" or something near dat that will change this country else,we just remain where we r and keep day dreaming
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by Pafuri(m): 7:02pm On Jul 05, 2010
Why else do you think they will kill each other and anybody else to get there?
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by Pafuri(m): 7:04pm On Jul 05, 2010
Sonnerkind, please do not talk about revolution on this site o.
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by CGKing(m): 9:09pm On Jul 05, 2010
Poster, you forget fighting allowance and accidental discharge allowance. Thats y they fight everytime, for senseless reasons, like chinese movies. So they can get like 2 billion to treat knife wound.
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by CGKing(m): 9:28pm On Jul 05, 2010
Pafuri:

Sonnerkind, please do not talk about revolution on this site o.

Sorry my guy, u cant talk about this without the revolution talk. Except we want this country to remain like this, we must take drastic action. Have u not wondered y this corruption seems to never want to leave this nation? Obj went from prison to president and we tot ok now, after that experience, we now have a God moulded leader that will fix the nation and then what happened next? EFCC was created and we tot now somethings gonna happen,. . . then Yarudua became president, declared his assets and preached this servant leader bullshit and we said yes, this is it finally. Inspite of all these occurences, corruption thrives like we ve been joking.

Guy, we need to try something drastic. E be like say head must roll before them go chill.
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by philip0906(m): 9:47pm On Jul 05, 2010
^^
GBAM!!!!! now boys r talking cheesy grin grin
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by GeorgeD1(m): 6:50pm On Jul 06, 2010
africaman,
what are you advertising?
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by Kobojunkie: 4:54am On Mar 08, 2011
8 months later and it is almost as if this never happened to us.
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

8 months later and it is almost as if this never happened to us.
It is not as bad as before, its for this reason the political elite will rather make life unbearable for nigerians so while they hustle for their daily bread their mind wont be on a thing as this
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by Kobojunkie: 3:02pm On Mar 08, 2011
blink182:

It is not as bad as before, its for this reason the political elite will rather make life unbearable for nigerians so while they hustle for their daily bread their mind wont be on a thing as this
what shocked
Re: Salary Of A Nigerian Politician by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

what shocked
Do you think otherwise, I believe there is a concerted effort by our leaders to ensure the masses remain poor.

How will he be a bigman if his next door neighbor can buy his car make

If there's constant power and no need for gen sets so one house in a str will be bright at night while the others are in darkness

If everyone can eat proper balanced 3 square meals.

Just to mention a few, who on the street will they be able to dazzle with petty cash and make it seem lk its a million dollars. I haven't been outside this country but 5 of my buddies left this year and one of them called to say 'There is no hell fire, Nigeria is the hell fire being refered to in the bible'. Even with the economic situation of the UK, a guy who just got there from cleaning gutters is able to live like a nigerian elite.

So what are we not saying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saraki, Dogara Report IG To Buhari Over Disdain For Senate, Melaye / Aisha Buhari Rakes In ₦155 Million At Book Launch / Nnamdi Kanu: Court Rejects IPOB Leader's Bail, Relocation To Kuje Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.