Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. (11436 Views)

Poll: Should the hasty ban be reversed?

Yes: 37% (30 votes)
No: 62% (49 votes)
This poll has ended

U- 23 AFCON: Man City Give Nigeria Conditions For Iheanacho ’ S Release / FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments / Nigeria Will Not Reverse Ban - Source (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Princek12(m): 12:52pm On Jul 04, 2010
honeric01:

Now i know you are just a blind arguer.
Please what about Government's funding of the NFF? is that not an interference?
What about Decree 101?

Dude, i am done with you, you argue the obvious and i don't think it's worth continuing. EVEN TAIWO OGUNJOBI WOULDN'T ARGUE WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO ARGUE, GO AND READ WHAT THAT WACKO SAID, IF YOU HAVE READ WHAT HE SAID, YOU WOULD HAVE KEPT QUIET SINCE MORNING. please stop disgracing yourself the way, no one pays you for typing all these rubbish.

Done with you.

By the way, go and read what Ogunjobi said on this matter:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-473233.0.html

You posted a nairaland link to what Ogunjobi said; why not post the real link? I guess your only source of info is NL. You obviously only read Nigerian papers, and, as such, you are not exposed. You are just one of those unexposed villagers who cannot reason from a global perspective. You can reason only like Jonathan and our ex-presidents.

Why don't you explain why the Guinean minister of sports dissolved its football team and its football federation without it being ruled  an interference by FIFA. Up till this day, FIFA has not sanctioned the Guinea Football Federation because their president went about it the smart way, using the minister of sports to act. If the Guinean president had done it himself, FIFA would have ruled it an interference. The link is below:
http://www.soccerway.com/news/2009/November/17/guinea-team-dissolved-after-world-cup-flop/

You keep mentioning Decree 101. Why don't you post a link to Decree 101, or post what Decree 101 is?

If govt. funding is an interference, why doesn't the govt. withdraw its funding from the NFF. It would be better for the NFF to run itself independent of govt. funding.
You don't answer my questions; all you do is answer with a question'

Answer my question about the Guinea Football Federation. You probably have nothing to say. You also have not cited any single situation where FIFA has ruled that it is an interference when a sports minister investigated football officials for embezzling FIFA allocated funds.
Everything you have said is what Taiwo Ogunjobi and what some other villagers have said, and all of you are assuming the meaning of an interference. Cite me one example of how the body that governs--FIFA--has acted in that specific situation.

I am out, y'all. Discussing with villagers is not worth it, for you discuss based on assumption. I discuss based on historical precedent and how the rule has been recently interpreted  and applied by FIFA, as they have done with the Guinea Football Federation

Jonathan is acting like the only way he can deal with Lulu is by disbanding the entire Nigeria from international competitions. Jonathan should cut-off funding to the NFF if he is worried about Lulu. I guarantee you that Lulu will resign if there is no money left to steal. As a matter of fact, it is better for govt. to cease funding the NFF, so the officials of NFF can be motivated to secure funding through non-governmental means, which I am sure Lulu does not want to do. Once private companies see that incompetent administrators preside over the NFF, they will not give them money, and Lulu will resign when he is hungry since he is there for the money. That is called acting with your brain, not with your yansh.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by nateevs(m): 4:03pm On Jul 04, 2010
You are an absolute joker. . You talk a lot and mean even less. .

You have not provided a single way to achieve what you are saying yet you are saying others can't reason.

Why don't you explain why the Guinean minister of sports dissolved its football team and its football federation without it being ruled  an interference by FIFA. Up till this day, FIFA has not sanctioned the Guinea Football Federation because their president went about it the smart way, using the minister of sports to act. If the Guinean president had done it himself, FIFA would have ruled it an interference. The link is below:
http://www.soccerway.com/news/2009/November/17/guinea-team-dissolved-after-world-cup-flop/

FIFA has not complained; not because of the president involvement or lack of, but because it's the team that was dissolved, not the federation. A clear and massive difference from what is happening now.
You are trying to force us to believe what's not in the article. . . Where in the article did you read about dissolving the Federation?

How can you prove that if Govt doesn't fund NFF, it will fund itself? And how do you know Lulu will resign if the private sector does not give the NFF money?

When the private sector does not give the NFF money anymore and the govt has withdrawn funding, how do we support the SE, Falcons, U17, U21 and U23?
How do we pay for national coaches?
How do we fund participation in competitions?
How do we pay salaries of staff in the NFF?

Is this not a total collapse of the system? Something you are trying to tell us we can't see?
Or you prefer it to happen in four years time, rather than now?

Like I said, you have no clue what you are talking about. You fellas are arm-chair analysts who think they live in an ideal world and have no idea about how the world works.
You still haven't said how we should go about this? Come up with an idea. . . Is it so difficult?
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by chelseabmw(m): 4:10pm On Jul 04, 2010
all hands on deck
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Princek12(m): 6:00pm On Jul 04, 2010
nateevs:

You are an absolute joker. . You talk a lot and mean even less. .

You have not provided a single way to achieve what you are saying yet you are saying others can't reason.

FIFA has not complained; not because of the president involvement or lack of, but because it's the team that was dissolved, not the federation. A clear and massive difference from what is happening now.
You are trying to force us to believe what's not in the article. . . Where in the article did you read about dissolving the Federation?

How can you prove that if Govt doesn't fund NFF, it will fund itself? And how do you know Lulu will resign if the private sector does not give the NFF money?

When the private sector does not give the NFF money anymore and the govt has withdrawn funding, how do we support the SE, Falcons, U17, U21 and U23?
How do we pay for national coaches?
How do we fund participation in competitions?
How do we pay salaries of staff in the NFF?

Is this not a total collapse of the system? Something you are trying to tell us we can't see?
Or you prefer it to happen in four years time, rather than now?

Like I said, you have no clue what you are talking about. You fellas are arm-chair analysts who think they live in an ideal world and have no idea about how the world works.
You still haven't said how we should go about this? Come up with an idea. . . Is it so difficult?

Either way, if Guinea's president had dissolved the football team, it would have been deemed political interference, based on precedent. Still, Guinea's sports minister did fire many members of its football federation as well as dissolving its football team.

Exactly my point, a football association can fund itself, if it is ran properly. And even  if govt stops funding them and they have financial problems, then all the corrupt NFF members will have to leave. In that situation, since Lulu does not want to leave his job, I would ask him to fund the NFF himself. That is how you change things and create sustainability, let the NFF officials lobby for money from the private sector and manage the money FIFA allocates to them. And Lulu should ask FIFA to pay his salary if he is asking FIFA to protect him. Since FIFA calls it interference when govt wants to shake its NFF, and Lulu refuses to resign, then FIFA should pay Lulu's salary and fund all our teams. If there is no money left, people like Lulu who are there to steal will leave.

Also, why don't you cite me an example of when FIFA calls it an interference for investigating football administration officials who embezzled money.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by nateevs(m): 8:00pm On Jul 04, 2010
First of all I never mentioned to you that FIFA calls investigating the NFF interference. . So sorry I don't have a link for you. .

Secondly, lemme a paint a more likely scenario of what will happen when govt removes funding.

Lulu and co will sure have to go out and find funding. They probably will not find as much as desired.
They will probably request private funding for wages of the National team coaches, they will lobby with local and international coaches to release inflated figures of their wages to the press in return for the job.

Top class coaches like Hiddink et al will not agree. Non entities like Berti Vogts will jump at it. Siasia, Okocha, Oliseh, Kanu and others who have earned money for a lifetime in football will never accept that. Therefore people who know and care about football will continually be pushed away unless they bend. That means Nigerian football will never be run by pros. . . only idiots.

They will lobby for money with over age players that play in fringe footballing countries in return for places in under age teams. They will push out real under age players and continue the long term destruction of our football.

These are a few of the many ways these guys will ensure the flow continues. This is the real corruption. The govt doesn't care anymore because they don't fund football. The NFF will not investigate itself. The same guys will continue to run things and replace themselves with their own.

Now who suffers? - You and I . . . Heartbreaks year after year. Disappointments, tournament after tournament.
Do you really think this is the way to go?

You either have not thought this through or you don't have a clue about how things work in Nigeria.
Any other solutions?
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Princek12(m): 8:28pm On Jul 04, 2010
nateevs:

First of all I never mentioned to you that FIFA calls investigating the NFF interference. . So sorry I don't have a link for you. .

Secondly, lemme a paint a more likely scenario of what will happen when govt removes funding.

Lulu and co will sure have to go out and find funding. They probably will not find as much as desired.
They will probably request private funding for wages of the National team coaches, they will lobby with local and international coaches to release inflated figures of their wages to the press in return for the job.

They will lobby for money with over age players that play in fringe footballing countries in return for places in under age teams. They will push out real under age players and continue the long term destruction of our football.

These are a few of the many ways these guys will ensure the flow continues. This is the real corruption. The govt doesn't care anymore because they don't fund football. The NFF will not investigate itself. The same guys will continue to run things and replace themselves with their own.

Now who suffers? - You and I . . . Heartbreaks year after year. Disappointments, tournament after tournament.
Do you really think this is the way to go?

You either have not thought this through or you don't have a clue about how things work in Nigeria.
Any other solutions?

Many private companies will not give money to, or sponsor, any football association run by incompetent idiots. Private companies like to give money in return for publicity that is associated with success. When Pepsi withdrew its sponsorship from the Nigerian Professional League, the NFF was in chaos. Look here, maybe if Lulu had to work hard to bring money to the NFF, knowing that the amount of money he brings in is directly tied to the success of the Super Eagles and the Local league, then he will have a vested interest in the success of the Super Eagles and the local league.
It will also ensure sustainability. People are people, and you have to create a system to bring the best out of them. I am not saying Lulu is competent, but there is no guarantee that his replacement won't do the same. It will also help weed out people who are not ready to work for the NFF, instead of people who just want to assume office to embezzle govt. funds. It is the same notion of privatization, that companies with a vested interest in profitability will work hard to ensure the success of the organization. At least that it is how it's run in civilized country, with limited government intervention, save for govt. oversight.

These are several ways in which money can be generated, all of which are dependent on the success of the Eagles and the Professional League:
1) Merchandising--this is extremely lucrative, especially during Okocha years, when his jersey was sought after by fans all over the world.
2) Sponsorships -- private cos like Guinness, Pepsi would love to sponsor with huge money a well run league. Sports companies like Puma and Adidas pay a big premium to countries with winning records
3) FIFA grants -- FIFA gives millions of dollars to countries that qualify for tournaments. Super Eagles got $8million dollars for qualifying for the 2010 World Cup.
4) Appearance fees--Brazil gets million of dollars just to play friendly games
5) TV rights-- if the league was well run, they can sell the TV rights of our local league games to all these cable companies

The reason why the NFF is in financial disarray which requires that the govt. pump lots of money to it is because it is run improperly and people like Lulu know that they can sit and embezzle the govt. money. They don't care if the Eagles win or lose. If their lives depended on it, they would care more. Even if they stole money, it will be because the Super Eagles were performing well.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by nateevs(m): 9:20pm On Jul 04, 2010
Private companies put money into the sponsorship of the National teams regardless of success.
Private companies are only concerned about image and the number of times their brand is mentioned per hour in the months leading up to a major tournament. They are far less concerned about success.

They put money in World Cup 2002/Nations Cup, 2004 ACN, 2006 ACN, 2008 ACN, 2010 ACN/World Cup; do you think it's because we think we are going to win it.

With the shambolic way we qualified for the world cup, you would except no private company will put money into football, but because they know everyone is glued to their radios or TV in hope that we "may" do well this time around, their brand name is aired.

If this decadence continues, private companies will still put money into football. This is advertising bro, not support.
In 2012, there will be even more companies willing to sponsor.

So do away with all that talk of "they won't put money in football because they know Lulu is corrupt". Are you telling me they don't know this. . . and that is why they still pump money into football.? When Glo sponsored the NPL, are you telling it was because they knew the money will be allocated in fairness? You think they don't know that the money is being embezzled. .?

Why are you making it sound like football is a capital venture to the private sector, it advertising man. . . not support.

And as long as the tune will not change, Lulu and co. will continue to feast. No matter how you look at it, it won't change. . . All the english you are speaking has been suggested for years, yet nothing has happened.

Stop referring to civilized countries. I live in England bro and I see how football is run. Nigeria is not a civilized country. Many things that work in England will never work in Nigeria. The approach has to be different. You cannot implement things that happen in the UK in Nigeria. It's a different terrain and you have to speak the language that people understand to get things done.

It's time for a radical change. Something we never done before.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by soloqy: 9:30pm On Jul 04, 2010
Princek, you argue the obvious.

Anyways, people, the Card that GJ played is beginning to get the desired result. The NFF members have sacked LULU and Ogunjobi and Amanze by themselves and apologised to the Nation. Next, FIFA will come to negotiate that we reverse our self suspension but give their permission for the restructuring of the NFF. Now thats what we have been talking about. The move was to preempt FIFA and the target was NFF not the teams but people who like to argue for the sake of it would not listen.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Princek12(m): 10:18pm On Jul 04, 2010
nateevs:

[b]Private companies put money into the sponsorship of the National teams regardless of succes[/b]s.
Private companies are only concerned about image and the number of times their brand is mentioned per hour in the months leading up to a major tournament. They are far less concerned about success.

They put money in World Cup 2002/Nations Cup, 2004 ACN, 2006 ACN, 2008 ACN, 2010 ACN/World Cup; do you think it's because we think we are going to win it.

With the shambolic way we qualified for the world cup, you would except no private company will put money into football, but because they know everyone is glued to their radios or TV in hope that we "may" do well this time around, their brand name is aired.

If this decadence continues, private companies will still put money into football. This is advertising bro, not support.
In 2012, there will be even more companies willing to sponsor.

So do away with all that talk of "they won't put money in football because they know Lulu is corrup[/b]t". Are you telling me they don't know this. . . and that is why they still pump money into football.? When Glo sponsored the NPL, are you telling it was because they knew the money will be allocated in fairness? You think they don't know that the money is being embezzled. .?

Why are you making it sound like football is a capital venture to the private sector, it advertising man. . . not support.

And as long as the tune will not change, Lulu and co. will continue to feast. No matter how you look at it, it won't change. . . All the english you are speaking has been suggested for years, yet nothing has happened.

Stop referring to civilized countries. I live in England bro and I see how football is run. Nigeria is not a civilized country. [b]Many things that work in England will never work in Nigeria. The approach has to be different
. You cannot implement things that happen in the UK in Nigeria. It's a different terrain and you have to speak the language that people understand to get things done.

It's time for a radical change. Something we never done before.

First of all, read this beautiful article. http://www.nigerianbestforum.com/generaltopics/?p=12955

I said many, not all, private companies will not put money into football. Go and check the reason why Pepsi withdrew its sponsorship of the Professional League.

When Glo sponsored the NPL, did you know that NPL would have received more money if the league was run properly; that is, the bidding process would have been more competitive. You talked about running things differently in Nigeria, whicht is the problem with Nigerian mentality like yours-- persistent cynicism--they go to civilized countries, see and love how things are done, and say it will never work in our country. I guess the language people understand in Nigeria is disarray. That is why our leaders travel abroad and do not want to develop our country like they see overseas because "things are done differently in Nigeria."

I never said I did not expect no private company to sponsor the NFF, but only that private sponsorship has declined over the years amid allegations of corruption. When you talk about advertisement, private companies do not need to pay the NFF for advertisement; they know their way to TV and radio stations to spend their advertisement money. Sponsorship is usually associated with brand identity.

And according to you, if private companies were raining that much money on the NFF, why does it so desperately need govt. support to function? Well, the answer is not that some private companies are not sponsoring them, but that many private companies no longer support them because many of the NFF officials are incompetent.

This is business 101, guys.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by tkb417(m): 10:35pm On Jul 04, 2010
They ban football for 2 yrs
Our football suffer for more than 2 yrs

And years after, we'll still be talking about corruption in football circles

We shall see what the ban will fetch Nigeria
Clueless Leaders with misplaced priorities

To even think the same man wants to spend 16billion for Independence day jamboree
Nonsense
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by medjai(m): 10:43pm On Jul 04, 2010
Was Mr.President expecting us to win the world cup
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by chiji123: 10:43pm On Jul 04, 2010
Sepp Blatter cant tell us what to do
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by soloqy: 11:35pm On Jul 04, 2010
medjai:

Was Mr.President expecting us to win the world cup

Far from it. Even if Eagles qualified from the group, it wouldnt have stopped this. You may say it added more fuel to the fire but the decision to restructure NFF had been taken a while back.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by nomoneydow: 8:53am On Jul 05, 2010
soloqy:

Far from it. Even if Eagles qualified from the group, it wouldnt have stopped this. You may say it added more fuel to the fire but the decision to restructure NFF had been taken a while back.

thank you and true talk
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by nomoneydow: 9:03am On Jul 05, 2010
i think we have another sani abacha in power now

sani abacha remember him

the dark goggle dude that withdraw nigeria for south africa 96
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Olaolufred(m): 9:15am On Jul 05, 2010
The Indulging Republic of FIFA is giving the Federal Republic of Nigeria an ultimatum.

May be they are coming to invade like American Marines.

But for me, Nigeria must proof its sovereignty to this FIFA.

Who is directly adding to the weight of aiding Corruption in the DIRTY house presumed to be GLASS HOUSE.

FIFA should go to hell on this one.

We are ready for the missiles and wmds.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Jencejyde(m): 10:52am On Jul 05, 2010
Interesting argument between nateevs and Princek12. Wow!

To Nateevs, i quite frankly agree with you that we need to speak the language of our people, but disagree when you say "Many things that work in England will never work in Nigeria" very wrong. The only reason it wont work is if we dont allow it to work. Look at Ghana before and look at ghana Now. Look at Nigeria before and look at Nigeria now. certainly things are now working in Ghana and things have Worked Before in Nigeria.

Corruption has eaten deep into our system but the day we give up the fight against it is the day we will Disintegrate, thats where i now come in to say you capped it off wonderfully by saying "It's time for a radical change. Something we never done before" That's the final word in a nut shell. In Marketing terms that would be to create a "PURPLE COW"

To Princek12 One question i would like to ask you is if you have any suggestions as to who presently in this country has the right ATTITUDE, CREDENTIALS and WILL OF PURPOSE to implement the strategies you have suggested. By the way, i admire your point on "a smart way to address the situation by using the NFF board to impeach the NFF members without making it look like Govt Interference."
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by oluagness(m): 11:24am On Jul 05, 2010
FIFA, go to hell
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by AmakaOne(f): 12:14pm On Jul 05, 2010
JOHANNESBURG (AFP) -
Football governing body FIFA on Friday gave Nigeria just under two days to reverse its decision to ban the national football team from international matches following its poor showing at the World Cup.

FIFA's general secretary Jerome Valcke said he would meet the Nigerian executive member representing Nigeria at FIFA to discuss the decision.

"Nigeria went too far and Nigeria will be suspended if they don't change their position in the next 48 hours," Valcke told independent Talk Radio 702.

His comments came after Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan banned the Nigerian national football team from international matches following its disappointing first round exit at the World Cup.

Nigeria finished bottom of their group in South Africa with just one point from three matches.

The idea is to overhaul the system to avoid a repeat of the "rather embarrassing" display in South Africa, according to presidential spokesman Ima Niboro earlier explaining the decision.

[size=16pt]"You cant allow a government to say all national teams can't play anymore in any international tournaments," said Valcke.[/size]

He said the decision to suspend Nigeria would be in line with the governing body's efforts to retain the independence of football from political interference.

"Why should we be so strong on France when they did what they did and we say nothing about Nigeria," Valcke said [size=16pt]] referring to their warnings to the French government not to interfere in the infrastructure of the French football regime after the catastrophic performance of the national team at the tournament.

"We have 208 members…if you have one country going against our statute, going against the football system, the pyramid of football …all is destroyed," Valcke said.

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/fifa-gives-nigeria-48-hours-to-reverse-ban--fbintl_afp-fblwc2010ngrfifa.html

[center]
_________________________-[/center]
Are these teams FIFA national Teams or Nigerian / French national Teams?

Who governs Nigeria/France? FIFA or the national Government?

Who determines who can go out on the national arena and purport to represent Nigeria/France? FIFA or the Governments?

FIFA gives the teams $250k a year, the Nigerian government alone spent over 1.2billion Naira on the WC campaign alone. Who has a higher stake in these teams? FIFA or the Governments?

What would a 1.2bn Naira injection into the Nigerian local league football f have done for Nigerian football or generations to come beyond the impending 4 year hiatus as opposed to wasting in on a futile FIFA World cup mission? Would that not have been real Nigerian football development?

If governments according to FIFA should not interfere in the structure of their football regimes then those teams should go out under the FIFA banner and flag and not those of the countries the ELECTED GOVERNMENTS have been sworn to serve defend and protect.
If they want to serve their FIFA master let them go, but they must not serve him under the Green - White - Green.

Na by force to belong to FIFA?
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by youngies(m): 3:43pm On Jul 05, 2010
"You cant allow a government to say all national teams can't play anymore in any international tournaments," said Valcke.

I can't believe how the whole world left FIFA to arrogate so much power to itself, pronouncing when and how a government of a sovereign nation should cough or sneeze. Isn't this just a game?  undecided
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by tkb417(m): 3:56pm On Jul 05, 2010
youngies:

I can't believe how the whole world left FIFA to arrogate so much power to itself, pronouncing when and how a government of a sovereign nation should cough or sneeze. Isn't this just a game? undecided

FIFA deals with football only

if u cant abide by their rules, they have the right to expel you

we dont have to play football, do we?
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by AmakaOne(f): 5:11pm On Jul 05, 2010
tkb417:

FIFA deals with football only

if u cant abide by their rules, they have the right to expel you

we don't have to play football, do we?

It's the principle that we are questioning.
National football teams are not just about playing football but national budget allocations etc, which are the domain of national governments and NOT FIFA.

At what point does football end and government authority begin?

I think our president agrees with you BTW. WE DON'T HAVE TO PLAY FOOTBALL (or at least not at the price we are currently having to pay
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by tkb417(m): 5:31pm On Jul 05, 2010
AmakaOne:

It's the principle that we are questioning.
National football teams are not just about playing football but national budget allocations etc, which are the domain of national governments and NOT FIFA.

At what point does football end and government authority begin?

I think our president agrees with you BTW. WE DON'T HAVE TO PLAY FOOTBALL (or at least not at the price we are currently having to pay
i dont know the principle ure talking about o

If at this stage, we cannot get the OPS to invest in football to the level where autonomy can be guaranteed, then we shdnt hold FIFA responsible for our lapses

FIFA will not lose sleep if we dont play football, we are the ones that will suffer for it. We will effectively create another batch of jobless youth, we will effectively lose out on the other gains associated with playing football in the country.

My argument about the ban has nothn to do wth FIFA, its about the attendant suffering those who eat from football will experience

coaches, players, marketing agencies, scouts , and all will suffer from the the stupid ban

The cost of destroying to rebuild far outweighs whatever gains we'll get from whatever the ban has to offer

where have u been o? stil in SA?
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by blueflame1: 12:23am On Jul 06, 2010
GEJ rescinds decision and leaves all the unreasonable ban supporters looking very stupid!
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by nateevs(m): 7:33pm On Jul 06, 2010
blueflame1:

GEJ rescinds decision and leaves all the unreasonable ban supporters looking very silly!

After you called him unreasonable as well?
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by blueflame1: 7:51pm On Jul 06, 2010
nateevs:

After you called him unreasonable as well?

The decision to ban Nigeria from international football was unreasonable, I stand by that.

The president's acceptance of his mistake and subsequent change while commendable does not make the initial decision any 'less unreasonable'!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Week 39 Bet9ja Pool Code For Saturday 30 March 2024 / African Nations Cup Adjusted For Ramadan, To Begin On June 21 (PHOTO) / Africa Cup Of Nations Equatorial Guinea 2015. The Official Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.