Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,271 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. (11442 Views)

Poll: Should the hasty ban be reversed?

Yes: 37% (30 votes)
No: 62% (49 votes)
This poll has ended

U- 23 AFCON: Man City Give Nigeria Conditions For Iheanacho ’ S Release / FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments / Nigeria Will Not Reverse Ban - Source (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by CarlosVent(m): 12:30pm On Jul 02, 2010
pls good luck cos of the 50th anniversary celebration have mercy and unban us abeg
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by tkb417(m): 12:31pm On Jul 02, 2010
mikeansy:

FIFA should go to hell.

I really don't know who Sepp Blatter thinks he is? FIFA will soon disintegrate at this rate.

I can not imagine the head of an association that has no sovereignty giving ultimatum to heads of Government. It was Nicholas Sarkozy, now Goodluck Jonathan, next will be Sylvio Belusconi.

If we can re-organise our local league, FIFA can vent all they like. I don't care!!!!!!!!!!!!
FIFA governs football just like Jonathan governs us here in 9ja
if we cannot abide by their rules, we fck off

i hope they ban us for 30 yrs and lets see what ur restructuring will fetch u

at least we can start watchin inter house sports and challenge cups grin grin grin grin
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Folanre(m): 12:32pm On Jul 02, 2010
Go on Jonathan, you have the got the gut. We seriously need a brake from the heartache and headache of the Eagles. Let FIFA catch the fever. We support the move.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by sholademi1: 12:32pm On Jul 02, 2010
@Princek12,
Dt restructuring u r talking abt still amount to government interference under Fifa rule. R u aware dt not even ex-footballers r allowed 2contest in d glass house? dey'v perfected dia constitution in a manner dt such restructuring u r talking abt is not supported. So d best solution is wot GJ has done.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by izby(m): 12:34pm On Jul 02, 2010
this is a big problem for the nation,there is no way the president can reverse the decision.It will be a shame to the nation if the president reverse his statement.he has a good reason for the decision and i support his him,
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by tkb417(m): 12:36pm On Jul 02, 2010
sholademi1:

@Princek12,
Dt restructuring u r talking abt still amount to government interference under Fifa rule. R u aware dt not even ex-footballers r allowed 2contest in d glass house? dey'v perfected dia constitution in a manner dt such restructuring u r talking abt is not supported. So d best solution is wot GJ has done.
are u kidding me?
Jonathan doesnt have to remove Lulu b4 the man will resign
send EFCC after him and the next day, ull see Lulu applying for mauritania visa

Just do a Bode George on them and all will be fine
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Princek12(m): 12:39pm On Jul 02, 2010
sholademi1:

@Princek12,

What are you talking about? So if Lulu has embezzled funds from the govt. (which we all know he has), are you saying according to FIFA rule, EFCC cannot arrest and prosecute him for embezzlement? Jonathan should dispatch the EFCC to arrest them for embezzling all the money that was allocated to them. At least FIFA cannot call that interference, because in that instance, any country is within its power to arrest and prosecute anyone who embezzles govt, money. THat is the kind of restructuring I am talking about.

We have elections coming up in, I believe, August, so why can't we have other candidates run for office. And does anyone know the procedures used in electing the NFF board>
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by othuke7(m): 12:40pm On Jul 02, 2010
Our president shuld be carefull how he handles matters dat concerns the whole nations. Suspending our super eagles for 2years is not the issue. How many MD'S/CEO has he sacked on POWER, ENERGY, TRANSPORTATION, HEALTH, etc. These are the things every common man in Nigeria wants to be in place. I think Mr. President shuld reverse his decision. There are important things at stake in this country that needs to be suspened immediately.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by bisiaet: 12:41pm On Jul 02, 2010
what a hell does FIFA want theyshould go to hell if it was any Western country that did same FIFA will only appeal not 24hrs ultimatum. I agreed Jonathan goes a bit hard on this decision but it not FIFA should just stay out of this. What ultimatum do they give Saddam Hussein when he descended heavily on his country failed national team then? All the so called FIFA where beggin and appealing for the players not ultimatum but when it is Africa issue they go ranting  F U C K FIFA

Jonathan will surely review his stand after all the whole thing die down but let FIFA just get out of this we dont need this eagle anylonger,we dont need NFFF officialS anylonger let a new generation come into the affairs of our football not all this old sick legs super shoppers.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by CapnCrunch: 12:45pm On Jul 02, 2010
I have a gut feeling this move will Kill football in our country. My biggest suprise is how Nigerians are heavily supporting this, dont people understand that if FIFA bans us, they will ban our womens and all Junior teams from competing, i repeat, ALLL teams, from the u-17 to olympic u-23 and womens thereoff.
Ah well i guess ill support Canada in the next worldcup since Nigeria wont be there
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by SwtzMinx(f): 12:47pm On Jul 02, 2010
.wat d0es d g0vernment have to with f0otbalL apart from funding it??. .
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Princek12(m): 12:50pm On Jul 02, 2010
CapnCrunch:

I have a gut feeling this move will Kill football in our country. My biggest suprise is how Nigerians are heavily supporting this, dont people understand that if FIFA bans us, they will ban our womens and all Junior teams from competing, i repeat, ALLL teams, from the u-17 to olympic u-23 and womens thereoff.
Ah well i guess ill support Canada in the next worldcup since Nigeria wont be there

I agree with you. It will set us back for a long, long time. People allow emotions to cloud their reasoning, which is clearly evident with all these supporters of the ban. They won't realize it until when they don't see Nigeria competing in the next African Cup of Nations and all the other tournaments. How will our young footballers showcase their talent?

We  have good players, and all we need is to get rid of the NFF administration. By the way, there is an upcoming election, so what is all the suspension about?
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by chidichris(m): 12:51pm On Jul 02, 2010
how can this jonathan wake up over nite and just cut us short on our happiness as soccer loving community of nigeria?
well, if nigerians are to mark all the iniquities of our so-called rulers, will jonathan be our president or will aso rock be in existance?
let these pdp guys arrange their efcc to take care of those responsible for the financial misappropriations in the nff and the let our only reason to be happy be.
the preasure has to come from nigerians and not fifa bcs pdp has no interest in sports so even if fifa bans nigeria 800 yrs, they don't care.
oya, jonathan, reverse now or face our own disbaning of ur govt.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by saintchux(m): 12:53pm On Jul 02, 2010
SwtzMinx:

.wat d0es d g0vernment have to with f0otbalL apart from funding it??. .

I hope you are married.

I wonder how you will behave if your hard earned money you gave to your spouse to cook a good meal for you turn to be a poisonous meal. You will eat it after all you just funded it.

FIFA is an association. We have withdrawn from the association's activities, when we are ready, we will go back. chikina, freedom of association - free to exit and free to enter.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by yme1(f): 12:55pm On Jul 02, 2010
i just heard this and i was shocked shocked shocked
i mean NO MORE INTERNATIONAL GAMES, NO MORE FUNDINGS
Jonathan needs to take back his words a.s.a.p
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Princek12(m): 12:57pm On Jul 02, 2010
This banning issue has clearly shown that Nigeria's problem emanates not only from her rulers but also from her people. Like minds think alike. It shows that a lot of Nigerians supporting the ban reason like Jonathan, and they will make similar decisions in matters that affect their daily lives as well as their families; for example, they will be making swift, ill-informed decisions without giving due regard to the ominous consequences that will flow from those decisions. No wonder Nigeria is where she is! Sad.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Princek12(m): 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2010
y me:

i just heard this and i was shocked shocked shocked
i mean NO MORE INTERNATIONAL GAMES, NO MORE FUNDINGS
Jonathan needs to take back his words a.s.a.p

i thought you said earlier that the ban was right
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by truly: 1:04pm On Jul 02, 2010
saintchux:

I hope you are married.

I wonder how you will behave if your hard earned money you gave to your spouse to cook a good meal for you turn to be a poisonous meal. You will eat it after all you just funded it.

FIFA is an association. We have withdrawn from the association's activities, when we are ready, we will go back. chikina, freedom of association - free to exit and free to enter.
FIFA rules allows you to prosecute corrupt FA officials
FIFA did not ban us when EFCC said it was investigating Glen Hoddle's allegation
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/18/glenn-hoddle-nigeria-police-investigation

But you cannot just remove them
And there is a reason for this
Political interference often destroy things - Nitel, NNPC (how many GMD in the last 5 months?)
We suddenly believe that government is the sole agent of good - compare Nitel to MTN

If we allow political interference of this kind under Johnathan, what happens under a thoroughly corrupt government - burial of our sports
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by saintchux(m): 1:05pm On Jul 02, 2010
Princek12:

I agree with you. It will set us back for a long, long time. People allow emotions to cloud their reasoning, which is clearly evident with all these supporters of the ban. They won't realize it until when they don't see Nigeria competing in the next African Cup of Nations and all the other tournaments. How will our young footballers showcase their talent?

We  have good players, and all we need is to get rid of the NFF administration. By the way, there is an upcoming election, so what is all the suspension about?

Emotion is everything. You are against the ban because of your emotion for football and probably love for football. we are supporting because of our emotion and may be love for our dear country. How many Nigerian died during the world cup?
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by chuxy12(m): 1:06pm On Jul 02, 2010
all they are trying to tell jonathan is that you dont throw away the bathe water and the baby.  you devise a means to throw away the bathe water without discarding the baby. the sport minister should think again and think fast. dont play with fifa o. they are richer than most nations
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by yme1(f): 1:07pm On Jul 02, 2010
Princek12:

i thought you said earlier that the ban was right
HELL yeah i did because the team need alot of co-ordination but i had to take those words back and i think Jonathan should do the same because FIFA threath is really gonna affect NIGERIA as a whole.poor PLAYERS!!
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by sholademi1: 1:07pm On Jul 02, 2010
@ posters: this is getting really interesting. I believe all of us want the best for Nigerian Soccer. We all agree that a complete overhaul of the system is key to reviving our moribund football in Nigeria, we only differ as to how it should be done.
Football has become a culture, a way of life, and also a business and source of livelihood the world over and Nigeria isn't left out. pls note dt in recent times, d culture of football in Nigeria has been abused by d Administrators. Can u compare our league 2dt of Ghana? Do we hv any academy wia we groom d so called talents apart frm dt of Okocha? Do we hv a scouting system in place through wc great talents could be discovered? We only wait 4d tournament 2arrive n hire a messiah to lead us to glory. D so called talents dt r nt going 2be signed by foreign clubs within ds 2yrs ban shld stick to dia talent n perfect it on our local platform b4 displaying it internationally.Of wot importance is d bunch of talents dt went to SA? Hw many of Egypt's talents r playing outside dia league n yet dey remain d champion of Africa. Disbanding NFF alone isn't enough cos d rot in d football house has affected our participation in every tournament so much dt we need to go back to d grass root in order 2revive d lost glory. You guys shld see some reason.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by tkb417(m): 1:10pm On Jul 02, 2010
y me:

HELL yeah i did because the team need alot of co-ordination but i had to take those words back and i think Jonathan should do the same because FIFA threath is really gonna affect NIGERIA as a whole.poor PLAYERS!!
wht do u know baby?

go and play ludo grin grin

ill whoop ur bum if u dont respond to ma letter today grin grin
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Mkpotu(m): 1:12pm On Jul 02, 2010
How can FIFA be leashing orders to a sovereign nation like Nigeria. For God's sake Presidency that funds NFF wants to put his house in order and reduce the rot/corruption in NFF.

If FIFA will be taking care of NFF and its bills then the ban will be lifted and government will stay clear from NFF for two (2) years.

A lot of people do not know why this decision by Presidency was taken like this, they considered FIFA's rules and came to conclusion that it is the best way to go about it. If government decides to disband NFF, it is still another wahala from FIFA.

Are they (FIFA) gods, even if they are gods, there are senior gods.

FIFA should go to hell with that their order.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by truly: 1:12pm On Jul 02, 2010
BTW

we are spending N16billion on independence anniversary
So when we are catching thieves and apportioning blames,
we should look again at the people pointing fingers

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-472160.0.html
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by oisehumen(m): 1:15pm On Jul 02, 2010
Sometimes i find it laughable when FIFA says government should not interfere in football matters. That can happen in developed countries where the FAs are financially independent. Nigerian government sponsors our FA and football100%. So, how will u expect the government not to interfere and intervene? U mean the government should fold its hands and watch some idiots ruin our game and empty the treasury all in the name of FIFA's rule of this and that?   angry angry angry angry angry angry. Long hisssssssssssssssssssss

Somebody, please educate me on this oooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by BabaO2: 1:16pm On Jul 02, 2010
is FIFA financing super eagles or government of Nigeria?
FIFA never wanted anything good for Nigeria, this is the best decision president Jonathan has taken in the interest of Nigerians.
They can go to places, we will reapply when we are ready.
what an arrant nonsense and insult, giving The Federal Republic Of Nigeria president 48 hours ultimatum or maybe Blatter and his other bigots meant to say after 48 months otherwise, the guy is a slowpoke.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by yme1(f): 1:18pm On Jul 02, 2010
tkb417:

wht do u know baby?

go and play ludo grin grin
true talk,wetin concern me with ball self cheesy cheesy

ill whoop your bum if u dont respond to ma letter today grin grin
just come with the whooping stuff jare cheesy
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Princek12(m): 1:18pm On Jul 02, 2010
saintchux:

Emotion is everything. You are against the ban because of your emotion for football and probably love for football. we are supporting because of our emotion and may be love for our dear country. How many Nigerian died during the world cup?

Emotion is not everything, and don't think everyone is emotional like you. I am against the ban not because of emotion but because:

1)Not a single person, including yourself, has stated how this ban will advance Nigerian football
2)Govt. has no business interfering with football, which violates FIFA rules and general principles against excessive Govt. power, especially from the president
3)It will setback Nigerian football
4)If Jonathan is allowed to get away with this, what is he going to ban next? The Olympic team?
5)Nigeria is being been mocked by international community, and they are rightfully justified in doing so, for no rational human being should support such unilateral display of power. Does he think the Super Eagles belongs to him? Jonathan is an  for the ban
6)Very soon, Jonathan will ban the citizens in the entire county from browsing the internet because of some 419 people operating at Cyber Cafes
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by tkb417(m): 1:18pm On Jul 02, 2010
truly:

BTW

we are spending N16billion on independence anniversary
So when we are catching thieves and apportioning blames,
we should look again at the people pointing fingers

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-472160.0.html
u dey mind dem?
someone who wants to spend 16 billion on Independence
na wa

they can anythn they wanna do, but ban football, hell no
i have a right to watch football
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by otukpo(f): 1:21pm On Jul 02, 2010
GJ, u have my support.

No mind FIFA this time. Do whatever u hav to do
to sanitize football administration in Nigeria.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by truly: 1:21pm On Jul 02, 2010
Baba_O:

is FIFA financing super eagles or government of Nigeria?
FIFA never wanted anything good for Nigeria, this is best decision president Jonathan has taken in the interest of Nigerians.
They can go to places, we will reapply when we are ready.
what an arrant nonsense and insult, giving Federal Republic Of Nigeria president 48 hours ultimatum or maybe Blatter and his other bigots meant to say after 48 months otherwise, the guy is slowpoke.
Prove it. Yaradua told FIFA that we could not host the u-17 event because of the bill
FIFA allowed us to change our minds
Even when we did not look like we had facilities ready, they kept faith with us
They made numerous visits while other countries kept asking them to dump us and allow them host
Please be fair
oisehumen:

Sometimes i find it laughable when FIFA says government should not interfere in football matters. That can happen in developed countries where the FAs are financially independent. Nigerian government sponsors our FA and football100%. So, how will u expect the government not to interfere and intervene? U mean the government should fold its hands and watch some idiots ruin our game and empty the treasury all in the name of FIFA's rule of this and that?   angry angry angry angry angry angry. Long hisssssssssssssssssssss

Somebody, please educate me on this oooooooooooooooooooooo
FIFA rules allow you to jail corrput FA officials
EFCC can move in
But you cannot just wake up and and sack them for no clear reason

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Africa Cup Of Nations Equatorial Guinea 2015. The Official Thread / African Nations Cup Adjusted For Ramadan, To Begin On June 21 (PHOTO) / Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.