Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,325 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. (11435 Views)

Poll: Should the hasty ban be reversed?

Yes: 37% (30 votes)
No: 62% (49 votes)
This poll has ended

U- 23 AFCON: Man City Give Nigeria Conditions For Iheanacho ’ S Release / FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments / Nigeria Will Not Reverse Ban - Source (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Princek12(m): 11:16pm On Jul 02, 2010
soloqy:

The last time , you called those that support the president's move fools but are you so dimwitted not to understand that all you highlighted above will be tantamount to "interference"(according to fifa) and would attract the same ban?
In case you dont have an inkling, the Minister met with FIFA officials after our ouster and intimated them of the massive waste and fraud in the NFF and how they need to probe the activities. What did the monster FIFA say? They chose to cover the criminals at NFF and warned the goverment of interference. What was the Government to do after that? Jonathan didnt just wake up and take the decision. Government had reached out to FIFA about our peculiar case.

You all should go siddon for corner jare .

Arresting and prosecuting NFF officials who break the law is not interference; get your facts straight. Jonathan just woke up and took the decision. So anytime anyone in the NFF embezzles money, the next thing to do is to suspend the national team from competitions? At least the prudent thing to do is to start the rebuilding process b first of all going after those thieves in the glass house, not just abruptly suspending the national team from competitions. Does he own the Super Eagles?
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by wiseguy(m): 11:25pm On Jul 02, 2010
FIFA can go to hell. If they like, let them ban us for 10 yrs. What rubbish. why is it not interference when government gives money to NFF for them to embezzle?
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by honeric01(m): 11:34pm On Jul 02, 2010
Nothing is changing our stands, those who do not like it should move to another country, or betterstill you can start supporting another country for that 2 years.

THE GOVERNMENT FUNDS THE NFF AND THE FOOTBALL HOUSE, YET SHE'S NOT ALLOWED TO DETERMINE WHO AND WHAT SHOULD GO ON WITH THE MONEY, now, does that make sense to anyone against the pronouncement of the president? undecided
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Jenwitemi(m): 11:39pm On Jul 02, 2010
Can't Nigeria restructure her football without banning SE from international competitions? Is the ban that necessary for the restructuring? I don't get it.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by 1Emmy: 11:45pm On Jul 02, 2010
Oga Jonathan please go on don't mind the weak minded people, the strong minded like me are saying go on, this Nigerian teams are really disgracing us. Imaging 3matches 1 point. what a weak team. Ban them please.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Princek12(m): 11:53pm On Jul 02, 2010
1Emmy:

Oga Jonathan please go on don't mind the weak minded people, the strong minded like me are saying go on, this[b] Nigerian teams are really disgracing us[/b]. Imaging 3matches 1 point. what a weak team. Ban them please.

what is the purpose of the ban? to punish the Super Eagles or to rebuild the team? Did the U 17 and Olympic U23 team disgrace us, too?
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Princek12(m): 11:55pm On Jul 02, 2010
honeric01:

Nothing is changing our stands, those who do not like it should move to another country, or betterstill you can start supporting another country for that 2 years.

THE GOVERNMENT FUNDS THE NFF AND THE FOOTBALL HOUSE, YET SHE'S NOT ALLOWED TO DETERMINE WHO AND WHAT SHOULD GO ON WITH THE MONEY, now, does that make sense to anyone against the pronouncement of the president? undecided

Nigeria can arrest & prosecute those who embezzle funds. What is wrong with that? Why ban the team because of Lulu and his cronies?
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Rastamann: 12:02am On Jul 03, 2010
FIFA is using the non interference clause to encourage corruption and high-headedness of football administrators especially in developing countries as they should have a second look at that clause. More so, FIFA cannot run our country for us. Nigeria is bigger than FIFA.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Princek12(m): 12:02am On Jul 03, 2010
The problem with a lot of unexposed people here supporting the ban is that they don't realize that the Super Eagles play not only for Nigerian fans at home and abroad but also to other foreign nationals and non African black people, all of whom cheer for the success of black and African teams, particularly Nigeria. They have all been calling me and expressing their frustration about the ban. The Super Eagles jersey is sold by Adidas worldwide; these idiots do not realize the impact of the ban on jersey sales and the brand of the Super Eagles. All these near sighted people. Many of the black folks were all cheering for the African teams and today were cheering for Ghana.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by soloqy: 12:18am On Jul 03, 2010
Princek12:

The problem with a lot of unexposed people here supporting the ban is that they don't realize that the Super Eagles play not only for Nigerian fans at home and abroad but also to other foreign nationals and non African black people, all of whom cheer for the success of black and African teams, particularly Nigeria. They have all been calling me and expressing their frustration about the ban. The Super Eagles jersey is sold by Adidas worldwide; these idiots do not realize the impact of the ban on jersey sales and the brand of the Super Eagles. All these near sighted people. Many of the black folks were all cheering for the African teams and today were cheering for Ghana.

You still dont get it do you?

After the people abroad and wherever cheers the super eagles while playing, then what? After Adidas sells super Eagles jersey(which no amount comes into Nigeria's accts.) then what? The foreigners calling you and expressing their frustrations to you, do they have FA's that steall millions of dollars from accounts and tell them they must never probe them or FIFA will ban them?
Ok, the foreigners that are so frustrated with the decision, do they have the huge number of unemployed citizens that cant boast of earning 5k per month on salary while their government wastes millions of dollars on some arrogant,spoilt footballers and a band of criminals in the NFF?
I bet the foreigners who love our football so much, have other stuff that are working for them in the country and thats why they have all the time to be so engaged in our football yeah?

Why are you too not seeing beyond your nose? Why is your inordinate desire for entertainment that comes in the name of football stopping you from also thinking it through and seeing other sides to this?

Some of you people think its only when you call others names in your post that you will appear sensible or learned. The reverse is the case man.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Princek12(m): 12:21am On Jul 03, 2010
soloqy:

You still dont get it do you?

After the people abroad and wherever cheers the super eagles while playing, then what? After Adidas sells super Eagles jersey(which no amount comes into Nigeria's accts.) then what? The foreigners calling you and expressing their frustrations to you, do they have FA's that still millions of dollars from accounts and tell them they must never probe them or FIFA will ban them?
Ok, the foreigners that are so frustrated with the decision, do they have the huge number of unemployed citizens that cant boast of earning 5k per month on salary while their government wastes millions of dollars on some arrogant,spoilt footballers and a band of criminals in the NFF?
I bet the foreigners who love our football so much, have other stuff that are working for them in the country and thats why they have all the time to be so engaged in our football yeah?

Why are you too not seeing beyond your nose? Why is your inordinate desire for entertainment that comes in the name of football stopping you from also thinking it through and seeing other sides to this?

Some of you people think its only when you call others names in your post that you will appear sensible or learned. The reverse is the case man.

You won't get it, for you have the typical Nigerian mentality. That is the same thing a 419 says, that he does not care about Nigeria's image because he wants to make a dime. My point is that we need to think about the far reaching consequences of what we do before we do it.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by mrofficial(m): 12:24am On Jul 03, 2010
Princek12:

You won't get it, for you have the typical Nigerian mentality. That is the same thing a 419 says, that he does not care about Nigeria's image because he wants to make a dime. My point is that we need to think about the far reaching consequences of what we do before we do it.

What is you own with this football self?
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by soloqy: 12:30am On Jul 03, 2010
Princek12:

Isnt it funny you are talking of image. The image that we dont want battered anymore by the NFF and the eagles?

Dude go and rest. The government has said they are not reversing it so deal with it.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Princek12(m): 12:31am On Jul 03, 2010
mr.official:

What is you own with this football self?

what is your own with my own. If I vex you make you go sleep.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by mrofficial(m): 12:34am On Jul 03, 2010
Princek12:

what is your own with my own. If I vex you make you go sleep.

It's like you dey get percentage from the loots, cos your own don pass ordinary. Well, bad biz for you, sorry.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Princek12(m): 12:35am On Jul 03, 2010
soloqy:

Isnt it funny you are talking of image. The image that we dont want battered anymore by the NFF and the eagles?

Dude go and rest. The government has said they are not reversing it so deal with it.

That is the govt.'s problem, then. That is why Nigeria is backward and will never move forward because of this kind of mentality. I hope FIFA suspends Nigeria for 25 years so that our future generations can learn.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by honeric01(m): 12:36am On Jul 03, 2010
Princek12:

Nigeria can arrest & prosecute those who embezzle funds. What is wrong with that? Why ban the team because of Lulu and his cronies?

How? abeg explain. undecided

How can you arrest and prosecute an active nff worker when they always use fifa as a shield?
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Princek12(m): 12:39am On Jul 03, 2010
mr.official:

It's like you dey get percentage from the loots, cos your own don pass ordinary. Well, bad biz for you, sorry.

you think everyone is corrupt like you
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Princek12(m): 12:40am On Jul 03, 2010
honeric01:

How? abeg explain. undecided

dispatch EFCC to arrest Lulu and his cronies, and press charges against them.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by honeric01(m): 12:41am On Jul 03, 2010
Princek12:

dispatch EFCC to arrest Lulu and his cronies, and press charges against them.

That's also government intervention.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Princek12(m): 12:43am On Jul 03, 2010
honeric01:

it's not govt. intervention when you arrest sports administrators who have broken the law--in this case by embezzling funds. Get your facts straight.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by SSaemoenl(m): 12:44am On Jul 03, 2010
honeric01:

Take Unlock Code : 39377982
Flash Code : 67034002
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by mrofficial(m): 12:45am On Jul 03, 2010
Princek12:

you think everyone is corrupt like you

Can you tell who is supporting corruption? You must be on some wrong pills.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by soloqy: 12:55am On Jul 03, 2010
Princek12:

it's not govt. intervention when you arrest sports administrators who have broken the law--in this case by embezzling funds. Get your facts straight.

Which facts are you asking him to get straight. People who know what is going on have explained to you several times what happened but you keep ranting around the whole place.I also highlighted to you what the Minister went through with FIFA but you totally ignored that and continued calling people who have divergent views names. For the benefit of doubt lets recount it to you again. After we lost at SA(this was widely reported), the Minister met with FIFA officials and told them about wide spread corruption and how we need to sanitize the FA and as such, probes and account audits have to be made. FIFA, instead of giving support for the laudable cause, warned Nigeria of interference.  

That means that any probe, arrest, or intimidation of the NFF officials, would mean interference and would result to the same ban. What was the government to do in this situation? Simply withdraw from FIFA competitions and sort the NFF out. Yes everyone was aware of the consequences so there was no going back.

You think if it was just easy to probe them without FIFA banning us that they wouldnt do that? Do you think the target of all this is our National teams? The target is and has always been the NFF. You are the one to get facts straight.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Princek12(m): 1:04am On Jul 03, 2010
soloqy:

Which facts are you asking him to get straight. People who know what is going on have explained to you several times what happened but you keep ranting around the whole place.I also highlighted to you what the Minister went through with FIFA but you totally ignored that and continued calling people who have divergent views names. For the benefit of doubt lets recount it to you again. After we lost at SA(this was widely reported), the Minister met with FIFA officials and told them about wide spread corruption and how we need to sanitize the FA and as such, probes and account audits have to be made. FIFA, instead of giving support for the laudable cause, warned Nigeria of interference.  

That means that any probe, arrest, or intimidation of the NFF officials, would mean interference and would result to the same ban. What was the government to do in this situation? Simply withdraw from FIFA competitions and sort the NFF out. Yes everyone was aware of the consequences so there was no going back.

You think if it was just easy to probe them without FIFA banning us that they wouldnt do that? Do you think the target of all this is our National teams? The target is and has always been the NFF. You are the one to get facts straight.

I am aware of the preceding events. So now, can you explain how the NFF officials are elected?
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by A40(m): 2:18am On Jul 03, 2010
Inasmuch as banning the team is a bit hypocritical of GJ we have bigger problems as a country IMO. I think someone may need to bomb FIFA's secretariat before they realize they are just an organization that have no power over any sovereign country. Imagine Blatter warning Sarkozy! Does the president of a country not have the rights to inquire about the disgraceful outing of his subjects? The players where French before they became footballers same goes for the Super Vultures
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by xtremeidea(m): 6:20am On Jul 03, 2010
Abeg make fifago sit down jare, thatz d best decision that can happen to naija's football
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by youngay: 10:26am On Jul 03, 2010
You guyz can cry a river.fotball is not do or die.fifa ban us nonsense.goodluck thumb up.fearless
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by honeric01(m): 10:27am On Jul 03, 2010
Princek12:

I have watched you type false details for a while now, but now i am ready to burst your bubbles, how is it possible for government to probe a body that has sovereignty to the laws of the land at which they dwell? DO YOU KNOW WHAT GOVERNMENT INTERFERENCE MEANS?

Probing anyone from the NFF by the government is seen as government interference by FIFA whichever way you look at it.

FIFA wants the NFF to be the sole body that regulate and judge anything that concerns football in the country, either to probe themselves or not, its left for the NFF members alone and nothing else.

Now tell me, A GOVERNMENT THAT FUNDS THIS BODY IS NOT SEEN AS AN INTERFERER BUT A GOVERNMENT THAT DECIDES TO CLOSE DOWN THIS BODY IS SEEN AS AN INTERFERER, CAN YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY THIS DOUBLE STANDARD IS BEING MAINTAINED BY FIFA?.

NFF can not survive on its own, it relies on the government, so this kind of body cannot be said to be independent of the government if it cannot survive financially on its own without government pumping in millions of nairas.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by chibest5(m): 12:00pm On Jul 03, 2010
FIFA should go ahead with their so called ban we don't care, afterall Countries like India and the rest of them suved we can suviv too, all we need is to get to the rit path, it does not matter how long this will take, once we get it rit, the time spent will not be an issue. j boy carry go i support you all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by youngay: 1:31pm On Jul 03, 2010
I want to thank all who have seen football as not do or die and for not seeing fifa as God.i swear other country will take example from us.what have we achieve playin since this years ? Nothing but sadnes.abeg fifa do your worst .when is premier league starting make i watch beta ball
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by banjoolu: 1:39pm On Jul 03, 2010
i think it shud b reversed cos it going 2 affect later on , d likes of lulu,ogunjobi and co shud b banned including d players and a set of players and commitee shud b installed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Victor Anichebe Joins Beijing Enterprises, Chinese Club / Week 39 Bet9ja Pool Code For Saturday 30 March 2024 / African Nations Cup Adjusted For Ramadan, To Begin On June 21 (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.