Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Everything You Need To Know About The USMLE (For Medical Students/Doctors) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Everything You Need To Know About The USMLE (For Medical Students/Doctors) (9650 Views)

Free Scholarship For Medical Students: NYU School Of Medicine / Lecturers Who Are Not Doctors ‘should No Longer’ Teach Medical Students / These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everything You Need To Know About The USMLE (For Medical Students/Doctors) by Iamoriekaose: 11:34pm On Oct 28, 2018
benjola2222:
What is the USMLE?

Hello I am Dr Steve currently about to write STEP 2 CK.
I get lots of questions about this so I hope this will help.

The USMLE, United States Medical Licensing Examination, is the only examination that makes you practice Medicine as a Doctor in the United States.

It has 3 Steps Step 1, 2(CK &CS) & 3. Step 1 tests your understanding of the fundamental principles of Medicine. Step 2CK tests your Clinical knowledge & Step 2 CS tests your Clinical skills. Step 2CK & Step 2CS are separate exams. Step 3 accesses whether you are ready to be an independent Clinician & can also be used for fellowship exams.

It’s better to write Step 1 in 400level, STEP 2 CK & CS after 600level. Take Step 3 after Step 2CS.

You can still write all the exams after you graduate but this is my advice.

The most important thing is to write the exam only when you are fully prepared.

Step 1 Covers 7 Subjects; Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Behavioral Science(with Biostatistics), Pharmacology, Microbiology & Pathology.

Step 2 covers Medicine, Surgery, Paediatrics, O&G, Psychiatry & Epidemiology.

Step 3 covers practice concepts of general medicine/family medicine

Start Preparing for Step 1 in 200level, Step 2 in 400level. So that you are fresh and you don’t spend extra years preparing for it after you graduate & you will also be ahead in your class. Also be very serious with your course work as this will make the exam easier and also give you an edge.

Step 1 & Step 2Ck costs :N327,600($910) Step 2 CS Costs N568,095($1,565) Step 3 costs N306,000($850). *Note that this varies depending on the exchange rates.

To know more go to [url]usmle.com.ng[/url]
To register go to [url]ecfmg.org[/url]

You can ask any question by replying to this thread.
Wow, i just stumbled on this thread and i must say you've done really well. Thanks.
I'm a 400l medic and I'm planning on taking the step1
Re: Everything You Need To Know About The USMLE (For Medical Students/Doctors) by Iamoriekaose: 11:37pm On Oct 28, 2018
benjola2222:
I have some books I have used,

High Yield;
Embryology
Immunology
Cell & Molecular Biology
Neuroanatomy
Behavioral Science
Gross Anatomy
BRS Physiology,
First Aid Q & A USMLE Step 1
First Aid Cases USMLE Step 1
Rapid Review Pathology, Goljan
Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Qbook

I got all these books from [url]usmle.com.ng[/url] but I don’t need them anymore as I have written the exam already, if you are interested send an email, abayomii@icloud.com

Hi, please I'm interested, i just sent you an email
Re: Everything You Need To Know About The USMLE (For Medical Students/Doctors) by benjola2222(m): 8:58pm On Oct 29, 2018
Iamoriekaose:

Wow, i just stumbled on this thread and i must say you've done really well. Thanks.
I'm a 400l medic and I'm planning on taking the step1

Thanks
Re: Everything You Need To Know About The USMLE (For Medical Students/Doctors) by benjola2222(m): 8:59pm On Oct 29, 2018
Iamoriekaose:

Hi, please I'm interested, i just sent you an email

I replied.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About The USMLE (For Medical Students/Doctors) by benjola2222(m): 6:05am On Nov 13, 2018
First Aid 2018, available on usmle.com.ng... first step in preparations last for Step 1.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Everything You Need To Know About The USMLE (For Medical Students/Doctors) by Thewhizzkid1(m): 8:48am On Nov 13, 2018
benjola2222:
First Aid 2018, available on usmle.com.ng... first step in preparations last for Step 1.
Nice work you are doing here sir.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About The USMLE (For Medical Students/Doctors) by gr8virus(m): 8:16pm On Nov 13, 2018
charleymed:
If you are currently studying for step one.
Hit me up.

��

I'm doing Step 1 next year
Re: Everything You Need To Know About The USMLE (For Medical Students/Doctors) by Standeshakon(m): 12:47am On Nov 14, 2018
Please have you done any clinical research or observership in the US? Heard this will increase your chance of been matched.

benjola2222:
Ask any questions related to the USMLE..
Re: Everything You Need To Know About The USMLE (For Medical Students/Doctors) by benjola2222(m): 6:34am On Nov 15, 2018
Standeshakon:
Please have you done any clinical research or observership in the US? Heard this will increase your chance of been matched.

Yes, it will.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About The USMLE (For Medical Students/Doctors) by Standeshakon(m): 1:38am On Nov 18, 2018
[quote author=benjola2222 post=72982007][/quote]

So have u done any?
Re: Everything You Need To Know About The USMLE (For Medical Students/Doctors) by benjola2222(m): 6:54am On Nov 20, 2018
Standeshakon:

So have u done any?

Only Observership.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About The USMLE (For Medical Students/Doctors) by Thewhizzkid1(m): 9:16pm On Nov 21, 2018
benjola2222:

Only Observership.
Hello sir. At what level can I go for an observership in the United States?
Re: Everything You Need To Know About The USMLE (For Medical Students/Doctors) by FortuneStone: 11:46pm On Nov 21, 2018
benjola2222:

Thanks
Great Job sir. please is any of the exams taken outside Nigeria?
Re: Everything You Need To Know About The USMLE (For Medical Students/Doctors) by Nobody: 12:27am On Jan 25, 2019
benjola2222:

Only Observership.
hi sir
Re: Everything You Need To Know About The USMLE (For Medical Students/Doctors) by Elizab: 11:11pm On Aug 12, 2019
Please sm1 should send me USMLE step 1 preparatory materials emuata4@gmail.com
Re: Everything You Need To Know About The USMLE (For Medical Students/Doctors) by Nobody: 4:19am On Oct 14, 2019
Re: Everything You Need To Know About The USMLE (For Medical Students/Doctors) by nazoB: 6:12am On Aug 28, 2020
Please I need a serious study partner for step 1 preferably in Abuja, Enugu will do too
Re: Everything You Need To Know About The USMLE (For Medical Students/Doctors) by Bush2013: 3:36pm On Mar 11, 2021
You're doing well Boss, please I need those materials too
Re: Everything You Need To Know About The USMLE (For Medical Students/Doctors) by Demosexy5: 12:45am On Dec 08, 2022
Pls what's the current thread about USMLE? The chats here are 4 years old. Planning to write but need to know more about it and how to go. The usmle.com.ng isn't opening yet. And for those who had this discussion 4 yrs ago, are there ones who have made it and how was it .share your experiences please.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About The USMLE (For Medical Students/Doctors) by Kirakosarin(f): 5:55am On Jan 21, 2023
Demosexy5:
Pls what's the current thread about USMLE? The chats here are 4 years old. Planning to write but need to know more about it and how to go. The usmle.com.ng isn't opening yet. And for those who had this discussion 4 yrs ago, are there ones who have made it and how was it .share your experiences please.

Drop your contact, I know everything about the exam

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 / 10 Covenant University Girls Get Expelled For Not Wearing Bra.. / 4 Things That Must Be On Your Daily To Do List As A Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.