Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,008 members, 7,814,442 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

5 Frightening Reasons To Stop Playing Hard To Get - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Frightening Reasons To Stop Playing Hard To Get (2133 Views)

Girls, It's High Time We Stopped Playing Hard To Get. / When She Likes You But Still Playing Hard To Get / Ladies Is Playing Hard To Get Now Obsolete? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Frightening Reasons To Stop Playing Hard To Get by ladywriter(f): 9:05am On Sep 12, 2018
You've heard of playing hard to get, right?

Here's the scenario:

You are beautiful

Several men have asked for a date with you

But, you think you shouldn’t tell them ‘yes’ immediately

It's not as if you are not interested in their proposal

You simply want them to ask and ask again before you say 'yes'

So, you decide to play hard to get in order to make them work for it.

You just want to be chased. You are simply enjoying the game.

You know what?

It is time to stop that game.

Check out the frightening reasons below:

1. You will lose a potential partner

The thing is, a good man that likes you but respect boundaries will not pester you for long. He will go and talk to other women. It is not because he doesn't like you, but because it is not right to always ask a lady out for months until she agrees to go out with you.

On the other hand, men who don't respect your boundaries will still continue to pester you. It's not because they are in love with you, but because 'no' means nothing to them.

They don't care about what you want, they are only concerned about what they want.

You agreeing to date after a few requests do not make you cheap. If you wait for a man to chase you for months before you think of giving him a chance, you are really setting up yourself for failure.

2. You will fall into wrong hands

People who only want what they can’t have don't value what they manage to get. For some of them, by the time they managed to get you and they see your imperfections, they feel disappointed that they have wasted their precious time chasing an imperfect woman. Such men tend to behave in an unacceptable manner.

3. You will end up alone

Let me tell you one truth here. Women are everywhere searching for husbands. The thing is, good men are scarce. If you don't want to stay alone for the rest of your life, you better stop playing hard to get. It is an express road to a life of loneliness.

4. Men will treat you like a thing to use

Playing hard to get is the same as treating yourself as a “thing to be acquired”. Men who do not have good values will also treat you like a thing to use. Your desires and thoughts mean nothing to them. This is the reason why some women complained that men treat them like their property. It is the way you present yourself that you will be treated.

You can add the fifth one!

Curled from: https://relationshipmatas101.com/playing-hard-to-get/

2 Likes

Re: 5 Frightening Reasons To Stop Playing Hard To Get by samysmoothfresh: 9:10am On Sep 12, 2018
The only reason i know is MENOPAUSE

6 Likes

Re: 5 Frightening Reasons To Stop Playing Hard To Get by Olusharp(m): 9:20am On Sep 12, 2018
ladywriter:

Here's the scenario:

You are beautiful

You know what?

The thing is, a good man that likes you but respect boundaries will not pester you for long. He will go and talk to other women. It is not because he doesn't like you, but because it is not right to always ask a lady out for months until she agrees to go out with you.

On the other hand, men who don't respect your boundaries will still continue to pester you. It's not because they are in love with you, but because 'no' means nothing to them.

They don't care about what you want, they are only concerned about what they want.

You agreeing to date after a few requests do not make you cheap. If you wait for a man to chase you for months before you think of giving him a chance, you are really setting up yourself for failure.

People who only want what they can’t have don't value what they manage to get. For some of them, by the time they managed to get you and they see your imperfections, they feel disappointed that they have wasted their precious time chasing an imperfect woman. Such men tend to behave in an unacceptable manner.

3. You will end up alone

Let me tell you one truth here. Women are everywhere searching for husbands. The thing is, good men are scarce. If you don't want to stay alone for the rest of your life, you better stop playing hard to get. It is an express road to a life of loneliness.

Playing hard to get is the same as treating yourself as a “thing to be acquired”. Men who do not have good values will also treat you like a thing to use. Your desires and thoughts mean nothing to them. This is the reason why some women complained that men treat them like their property. It is the way you present yourself that you will be treated.

boss lady... In case you know of any blog in need of a relationship writer... I am very much available...

1 Like

Re: 5 Frightening Reasons To Stop Playing Hard To Get by ladywriter(f): 9:27am On Sep 12, 2018
Olusharp:
boss lady... In case you know of any blog in need of a relationship writer... I am very much available...

Ok, please drop your email address.
Re: 5 Frightening Reasons To Stop Playing Hard To Get by ITbomb(m): 9:32am On Sep 12, 2018
What most girls don't understand is that 70% of responsible men cannot just pester a girl for a serious relationship.

Pestering stops at secondary school and early university , anyone pestering a girl for love is a potential playboy.

The funny thing is that those hard to get girls come falling for useless guys with smooth talk and some blings. Those are the mumu ones that will be shouting "men are scum"

15 Likes

Re: 5 Frightening Reasons To Stop Playing Hard To Get by ladywriter(f): 9:34am On Sep 12, 2018
ITbomb:
What most girls don't understand is that 70% of responsible men cannot just pester a girl for a serious relationship.

Pestering stops at secondary school and early university , anyone pestering a girl for love is a potential playboy.

The funny thing is that those hard to get girls come falling for useless guys with smooth talk and some blings. Those are the mumu ones that will be shouting "men are scum"

Yes, you are right.
Re: 5 Frightening Reasons To Stop Playing Hard To Get by DavidEsq(m): 9:43am On Sep 12, 2018
Meow.
Re: 5 Frightening Reasons To Stop Playing Hard To Get by Olusharp(m): 9:55am On Sep 12, 2018
ladywriter:

Ok, please drop your email address.
olu200016@gmail.com
Re: 5 Frightening Reasons To Stop Playing Hard To Get by Tamarapetty(f): 10:42am On Sep 12, 2018
On point!
Re: 5 Frightening Reasons To Stop Playing Hard To Get by Wilfredpat22(f): 12:34pm On Sep 12, 2018
Ok
Re: 5 Frightening Reasons To Stop Playing Hard To Get by Saff(f): 12:41pm On Sep 12, 2018
ITbomb:

There’s a difference between playing hard to get, and creating a challenge, not making it too easy. Will you value the prize if you didn’t work hard to get it? Do you value anything that is easily accessible? If I like a guy I will definitely let him know, but completely revealing my vulnerability and not making him work to get me is something I will not do.
Re: 5 Frightening Reasons To Stop Playing Hard To Get by LLSAINT(m): 12:53pm On Sep 12, 2018
grin
Re: 5 Frightening Reasons To Stop Playing Hard To Get by LLSAINT(m): 12:55pm On Sep 12, 2018
How can you let a guy know you like him and not reveal your vulnerability? lipsrsealed
Saff:
There’s a difference between playing hard to get, and creating a challenge, not making it too easy. Will you value the prize if you didn’t work hard to get it? Do you value anything that is easily accessible? If I like a guy I will definitely let him know, but completely revealing my vulnerability and not making him work to get me is something I will not do.
Re: 5 Frightening Reasons To Stop Playing Hard To Get by Saff(f): 12:56pm On Sep 12, 2018
LLSAINT:
How can you let a guy know you like him and not reveal your vulnerability? lipsrsealed
balance
Re: 5 Frightening Reasons To Stop Playing Hard To Get by treasureboy09(m): 1:37pm On Sep 12, 2018
Saff:
balance
lol you are one funny fellow..... What you wrote up there shows that you are treating yourself like a trophy, d0 you know what happens to a trophy, after a tournament

8 Likes

Re: 5 Frightening Reasons To Stop Playing Hard To Get by ziziangel(m): 6:25pm On Sep 13, 2018
treasureboy09:
lol you are one funny fellow..... What you wrote up there shows that you are treating yourself like a trophy, d0 you know what happens to a trophy, after a tournament

Savagery! grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Frightening Reasons To Stop Playing Hard To Get by Kidaholic(m): 9:15pm On Dec 20, 2018
Lwkm! Feminists can testify to number 3 grin

Re: 5 Frightening Reasons To Stop Playing Hard To Get by durubennie(m): 9:36pm On Dec 20, 2018
Lol

Why would a mature and responsible guy pester a girl for a relationship?
I see guys who keep pestering girls as playboys or jobless guys.. I mean those days are over it was during secondary school or first and second year in the university...

Nowadays is the ladies that keep coming cause they know that serious minded guys like me don't have time to troll girls .. If a girl forms hard to get no p .. They are other alternatives..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Frightening Reasons To Stop Playing Hard To Get by TimiRume(f): 10:50pm On Dec 20, 2018
why should ladies play easy to get?
Re: 5 Frightening Reasons To Stop Playing Hard To Get by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 20, 2018
Saff:
Work to get
Re: 5 Frightening Reasons To Stop Playing Hard To Get by kunleweb: 2:19am On May 24, 2019
ladywriter:

Here's the scenario:

You are beautiful

You know what?

3. You will end up alone

5. Why didn't this make front page?

(1) (Reply)

Sleeping With ‘small Girls’ Makes Me Happy & Strong– Celeb Priest Kwaku Bonsam / Lady Extremely Long Hair Gets Stuck Inside The Wheels Of An Okada!!! (video) / Life Is So Unfair For A Man! (see Why)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.