Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,185 members, 7,835,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? (11895 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 16, 2018
suregalluv:

No! They are. Anyone who hears the gospel has the choice of receiving it or rejecting it. Do you know how many people who have benefitted from the gospel preached in buses?
YES! They're benefiting just that the evidence of the FRUIT of God's Holy Spirit is absent in the community. undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by suregalluv(f): 10:34am On Sep 16, 2018
TATIME:
YES! They're benefiting just that the evidence of the FRUIT of God's Holy Spirit is absent in the community. undecided undecided undecided

Hmm. Convincing someone who has been brainwashed with doctrines seems like a hard task. Search the scriptures, this time ask for the Holy Spirit to come into your heart and teach you instead of worshipping doctrines.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 16, 2018
suregalluv:

Faith without works doesn't only apply to preaching. That verse has a wide application. You call the Holy Spirit an active force, right? There are many JWs that don't have an iota of the fruits of the Holy Spirit. BTW, what gifts have you been given by the Holy Spirit?
Instead of arguing about what gifts, why not look for the FRUIT because a tree can be very big,high,beatiful and colorful that's just the GIFT but it's the FRUIT on it that could BENEFIT those around it. So please Paul told the Corinthian congregation that those GIFTS are for the time being but the FRUIT which will benefit those around them that's the GREATEST. 1Corinthians 13:1-13 compared to John 13:35

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 16, 2018
suregalluv:

Hmm. Convincing someone who has been brainwashed with doctrines seems like a hard task. Search the scriptures, this time ask for the Holy Spirit to come into your heart and teach you instead of worshipping doctrines.
The Holy Spirit is evident when those claiming to have faith are WORKING out what is fine within them.JWs are unitedly worshipping as brothers and sisters across the globe, they have eliminated racial discrimination amidst them, they're topping the list in lasting marriages, they're the most law-abiding and peaceful in the community, preaching and teaching zealously across the globe and you're there saying "They don't have the Holy Spirit" Please without the fine WORKS your FAITH is inactive or DEAD! James 2:26

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Barristter07: 11:39am On Sep 16, 2018
Emusan:

ehhhh so JWs are Christians but just go through this thread and see how your brothers who first comment rubbish Christian.

Christians are witnesses of Jesus Christ not Jehovah. Are you?

Get your facts right next time before bringing up a useless thread as this based on Silly assumption Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians, if you don't have problem with other people distinguishing themselves with names like Redeemed , Methodist, Anglican, Living Faith . you have no right to assume that because of their name , they are not Christians.

A Witness of Jesus Christ is a Witness of Jehovah. Because everything Christ teach is from Jehovah

John 7:16 [i]
"My teaching is not My own, "
Jesus replied. "It comes from Him who sent Me.

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Barristter07: 11:41am On Sep 16, 2018
Emusan:

ehhhh so JWs are Christians but just go through this thread and see how your brothers who first comment rubbish Christian.

Christians are witnesses of Jesus Christ not Jehovah. Are you?

Get your facts right next time before bringing up a useless thread as this based on Silly assumption Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians, if you don't have problem with other people distinguishing themselves with names like Redeemed , Methodist, Anglican, Living Faith , Catholic , You have no right to assume that because of their name , they are not Christians.

A Witness of Jesus Christ is a Witness of Jehovah. Because everything Christ teach is from Jehovah

2 Likes

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Emusan(m): 1:32pm On Sep 16, 2018
Barristter07:

Get your facts right next time before bringing up a useless thread as this based on Silly assumption Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians, if you don't have problem with other people distinguishing themselves with names like Redeemed , Methodist, Anglican, Living Faith , Catholic , You have no right to assume that because of their name , they are not Christians.

So with this, you agree that JWs are not the ONLY Christian, right?

I know you will come with this silly logic, but why do you people always quote Isaiah 43:10? If it's true that to witness for Jesus is to witness for Jehovah?

Then why is it that Herad of Jesus change to Jehovah witness?

But why didn't you people just use JESUS WITNESS instead of JEHOVAH'S WITNESS?

Did you people hate the name JESUS?

Why did Herad of Jesus Christ change to Jehovah witness, if there's no difference?

But you people can continue to deceive yourselves, whereas deep down you people know you're not Jesus Christ witnesses as found in the Bible.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 16, 2018
Emusan:

I know you will come with this silly logic, but why do you people always quote Isaiah 43:10? If it's true that to witness for Jesus is to witness for Jehovah?
Why did Herad of Jesus Christ change to Jehovah witness, if there's no difference?
But you people can continue to deceive yourselves, whereas deep down you people know you're not Jesus Christ witnesses as found in the Bible.
Jehovah's Witnesses, Jesus' Witnesses Hmmmmmmmmmm It's obvious that you're not a good student, you just love the popular group name "Christians". Well If you're looking for group names that's pleasing to listeners, you can continue searching but remember that Israelites and Jews in particular were expecting the Messiah to bear the name in the prophesies "Emmanuel" (Isaiah 7:14) whereas the Christ was never called in that name throughout His lifetime! Moreover they were expecting Elijah to return as the forerunner for the Christ (John 1:19-25) Even John himself answered "NO" when they asked him if he is Elijah who is to come before the Christ, and who are those inquiring all of these? No other than the Pharisees! It was later that Jesus declared to His own followers that John the baptist is the long awaited "Elijah". So learn a lesson that true servants of God don't declare themselves by the use of names but by ACTIONS! John 1:25 compared to Matthew 11:3-6 We're Jehovah's Witnesses you can only IDENTIFY us if you're humble enough to study what the scriptures say about us, but if you're expecting US to come by an expected popular name,i'm sorry for you. wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Emusan(m): 3:43pm On Sep 16, 2018
TATIME:
Jehovah's Witnesses, Jesus' Witnesses Hmmmmmmmmmm It's obvious that you're not a good student, you just love the popular group name "Christians". Well If you're looking for group names that's pleasing to listeners, you can continue searching but remember that Israelites and Jews in particular were expecting the Messiah to bear the name in the prophesies "Emmanuel" (Isaiah 7:14) whereas the Christ was never called in that name throughout His lifetime! Moreover they were expecting Elijah to return as the forerunner for the Christ (John 1:19-25) Even John himself answered "NO" when they asked him if he is Elijah who is to come before the Christ, and who are those inquiring all of these? No other than the Pharisees! It was later that Jesus declared to His own followers that John the baptist is the long awaited "Elijah". So learn a lesson that true servants of God don't declare themselves by the use of names but by ACTIONS! John 1:25 compared to Matthew 11:3-6 We're Jehovah's Witnesses you can only IDENTIFY us if you're humble enough to study what the scriptures say about us, but if you're expecting US to come by an expected popular name,i'm sorry for you. wink wink wink

You this liar has started quoting me, I left you because you couldn't hide your face in shame...after you caught red handed lying...

Stop quoting if you know you can't answer my questions.

Since you know you're not proofing a point by choosing to be called a JWs, are you agree that you people are not the ONLY CHRISTIAN in the world?

If being witnesses for Jesus also means witnesses for Jehovah, why did your organization change from Herad of Jesus Christ to Jehovah witness?

Or you're too dump to grab my questions
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by OneJ: 4:07pm On Sep 16, 2018
Emusan:

Emusan, U don't have any issues with members of Winner's Chapel calling themselves "winners", Anglican Church refer to themselves as "Anglicans, Catholic Church faithfuls say they are Catholics etc, yet U have been ranting up & down about JW.
Yet ,U will lie that your Church has no name.
U asked, "why do you quote Isaiah 43:10, if it's true that to witness for Jesus is to witness for Jehovah ?"

Because U refused to believe Jesus words : "Jesus answered, My teaching is not my own. It comes from Him who sent me".John 7:16.

U claimed to be a witness for Jesus, yet U argued against his words. That's HYPOCRISY. Bro, something is wrong with U. It's the twin diseases called bigotry & hypocrisy.

"Physician" heal thyself.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by OneJ: 4:21pm On Sep 16, 2018
Barristter07:

I love this comment a million times. All him comrades call themselves "Pentecostal", yet neither Jesus nor his followers did so.
The OP of this thread is too dumb to reason on the scriptures, let alone disguise his bigotry & hypocrisy.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by suregalluv(f): 6:07pm On Sep 16, 2018
TATIME:
Instead of arguing about what gifts, why not look for the FRUIT because a tree can be very big,high,beatiful and colorful that's just the GIFT but it's the FRUIT on it that could BENEFIT those around it. So please Paul told the Corinthian congregation that those GIFTS are for the time being but the FRUIT which will benefit those around them that's the GREATEST. 1Corinthians 13:1-13 compared to John 13:35

About that, I can tell you about so many of your members who are devoid of the fruits of the Holy Ghost, who engage in immoral acts and are even worse than other Christians.

You people do not listen to other gospel songs from the likes of Hillsong, Michael Smith or even sing songs of praises except from your hymn book on the grounds of those songs being "worldly" ( a member told me this) but yet your members sing to immoral and secular songs. Who are you fooling?
I won't say anymore. I pray you know the truth so you'll be set free from the spirit of denomination.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 16, 2018
Emusan:

You this liar has started quoting me, I left you because you couldn't hide your face in shame...after you caught red handed lying...
Stop quoting if you know you can't answer my questions.
Since you know you're not proofing a point by choosing to be called a JWs, are you agree that you people are not the ONLY CHRISTIAN in the world?
If being witnesses for Jesus also means witnesses for Jehovah, why did your organization change from Herad of Jesus Christ to Jehovah witness?
Or you're too dump to grab my questions
It's a pity that you're now coming up with rage.Please i never meant to make you annoyed,we're just trying to reason along as your question seems simple and straightforward from a sincere heart that wish to know the reason why a religious group changed their group name.(1) "Emmanuel" was the name found in the prophecy but "Jesus" was the name Gabriel gave Mary's son.(2)"Elijah" was the name found in the prophecy but "John" was the name Gabriel gave Zachariah's son.(3)"Messiah" was the title found in the prophecies but "the son of man" is what Jesus kept calling Himself. I just want you to humbly meditate on these because if you were alive as a contemporary of both John and Jesus, your question will remain the same "Why are you not bearing Elijah?" to John and to Jesus "Why are you not bearing Emmanuel?" Or "Are you the Messiah?". So i'll advise you to learn from the mistakes of their contemporaries in order not to miss out of the race to life. Satan,demons and their human agents are always misrepresenting God's servants, and their tactics is using the names that ignorant and innocent individuals are already familiar with. God bless you!
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by suregalluv(f): 6:17pm On Sep 16, 2018
TATIME:
The Holy Spirit is evident when those claiming to have faith are WORKING out what is fine within them.JWs are unitedly worshipping as brothers and sisters across the globe, they have eliminated racial discrimination amidst them, they're topping the list in lasting marriages, they're the most law-abiding and peaceful in the community, preaching and teaching zealously across the globe and you're there saying "They don't have the Holy Spirit" Please without the fine WORKS your FAITH is inactive or DEAD! James 2:26

What you and many Christians fail to realise is that Salvation is a personal race. You don't get saved because you belong to a particular church, you don't get saved because you abide by the doctrine of "your church". Being united where a Catholic, Anglican, Jehovah's Witnesses and many other denominations doesn't qualify someone for Heaven. It's the person's personal life. While men slept, the devil came and sowed tares, putting discord in the church, creating different denominations that have different doctrines.

It is left for a Christian to discover the truth and embrace it, fight hard to possess his inheritance lest the devil takes hold of him.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 16, 2018
suregalluv:

What you and many Christians fail to realise is that Salvation is a personal race. You don't get saved because you belong to a particular church, you don't get saved because you abide by the doctrine of "your church". Being united where a Catholic, Anglican, Jehovah's Witnesses and many other denominations doesn't qualify someone for Heaven. It's the person's personal life. While men slept, the devil came and sowed tares, putting discord in the church, creating different denominations that have different doctrines.

It is left for a Christian to discover the truth and embrace it, fight hard to possess his inheritance lest the devil takes hold of him.
Hmmmmmmmm you tried my friend but your interpretation has flaws! Because Jesus said "people will IDENTITY His followers by the love they have amongst themselves" John 13:35 therefore there must be a certain group that every other religious groups will notice that "they love their members" and secondly all other religious groups will have intense hatred for them. Matthew 10:22 compared with John 17:14 . Moreover the scriptures said these group will "no more learn war" meaning you can't find military men in their midst! Isaiah 2:2-3, Micah 4:1-3 Definitely they won't have anything to do with POLITICS (Satan's main tool of causing division,strife and enmity amongst mankind) If Christianity is just an individual thing,then a Muslim don't need to cross over to the churches because he/she already believed in Jesus (Yeshua)!
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 16, 2018
#suregalluv;The illustration of the fine seed and the weeds found at Matthew 13 needs the intervention of God's holy spirit before one can interpret it with efficacy! Jesus is the sower, Satan is the enemy, Christianity is the field while the fine seeds are true Christians (who have accepted to continue living all their lives the Christlike way). Satan came when men were sleeping (after the death of the Apostles) and sowed weeds (members of the church who joined politics for fame,power and riches),This leads to the birth of the Antichrist "The Catholic Church" (with all forms of paganism and politically ambitious individuals),they oppressed the faithful ones and silenced them with great persecution(this was the dark ages) beginning from the second century until the 20th century when America declared "freedom of expression, religion and speech". This ended the oppression of the politically ambitious individuals using their position in the churches to suppress true Christianity. Now is the time for the separation, notice that the weeds were first binded in bundles meaning you'll see different religions all claiming Christians but having contradicting doctrines so individuals could make their choice as to the desires of their hearts. But another group will emerge from nowhere and this will catch the attention of all the others because it's totally different, that is the group of the fine seeds and individuals who doesn't belong their will find their way out of it.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by suregalluv(f): 7:54pm On Sep 16, 2018
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmm you tried my friend but your interpretation has flaws! Because Jesus said "people will IDENTITY His followers by the love they have amongst themselves" John 13:35 therefore there must be a certain group that every other religious groups will notice that "they love their members" and secondly all other religious groups will have intense hatred for them. Matthew 10:22 compared with John 17:14 . Moreover the scriptures said these group will "no more learn war" meaning you can't find military men in their midst! Isaiah 2:2-3, Micah 4:1-3 Definitely they won't have anything to do with POLITICS (Satan's main tool of causing division,strife and enmity amongst mankind) If Christianity is just an individual thing,then a Muslim don't need to cross over to the churches because he/she already believed in Jesus (Yeshua)!

I never said Christianity. I said Salvation. Inasmuch as we all need each other for support, we all are to work out our Salvation personally.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by suregalluv(f): 7:55pm On Sep 16, 2018
TATIME:
#suregalluv;The illustration of the fine seed and the weeds found at Matthew 13 needs the intervention of God's holy spirit before one can interpret it with efficacy! Jesus is the sower, Satan is the enemy, Christianity is the field while the fine seeds are true Christians (who have accepted to continue living all their lives the Christlike way). Satan came when men were sleeping (after the death of the Apostles) and sowed weeds (members of the church who joined politics for fame,power and riches),This leads to the birth of the Antichrist "The Catholic Church" (with all forms of paganism and politically ambitious individuals),they oppressed the faithful ones and silenced them with great persecution(this was the dark ages) beginning from the second century until the 20th century when America declared "freedom of expression, religion and speech". This ended the oppression of the politically ambitious individuals using their position in the churches to suppress true Christianity. Now is the time for the separation, notice that the weeds were first binded in bundles meaning you'll see different religions all claiming Christians but having contradicting doctrines so individuals could make their choice as to the desires of their hearts. But another group will emerge from nowhere and this will catch the attention of all the others because it's totally different, that is the group of the fine seeds and individuals who doesn't belong their will find their way out of it.

Point out the wrong in my statement.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Emusan(m): 8:14pm On Sep 16, 2018
OneJ:
U don't have any issues with members of Winner's Chapel calling themselves "winners", Anglican Church refer to themselves as "Anglicans, Catholic Church faithfuls say they are Catholics etc, yet U have been ranting up & down about JW.

Hypocrite hiding under someone's post!

Reply to your first post if you dare not.

It's now you see that these church names also the same with Jehovah witness but forgotten that these people never said they witnesses for Jehovah but for Jesus.

Yet ,U will lie that your Church has no name.

Can you provide an evidence for this?

U asked, "why do you quote Isaiah 43:10, if it's true that to witness for Jesus is to witness for Jehovah ?"

Because U refused to believe Jesus words : "Jesus answered, My teaching is not my own. It comes from Him who sent me".John 7:16.

See lies, Jesus said His teaching is not His that's but you people only use Isaiah 43:10 to proof that you're the only person following Jehovah instruction.

U claimed to be a witness for Jesus, yet U argued against his words. That's HYPOCRISY. Bro, something is wrong with U. It's the twin diseases called bigotry & hypocrisy.

"Physician" heal thyself.

Show me where Jehovah said you should witness for him, that's what have been demanding from you since.

English is not your problem even Isaiah 43:10 isn't an instruction/command.

Isaiah 40:10 "You are my witness..." compare to
Acts 1:8 "You SHALL BE my witness.."

I'm still waiting for your answer to why Herad for Christ changes to Jehovah witness if witnesses for Jesus and Jehovah are the same.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 16, 2018
suregalluv:

I never said Christianity. I said Salvation. Inasmuch as we all need each other for support, we all are to work out our Salvation personally.
There was a group in the first century to which a person must BELONG to have salvation, because that's the ONLY group encouraging their members to love and fine works. Hebrews 10:24,25 Members must continue to follow the instructions from the GB of the group for current information on what the Holy Spirit is telling the GB. Act 15:28,29 However any member who fails to continue obeying the instructions from that GB is indirectly disregarding the arrangement of the one who Appointed those 12 men. Act 2:42 So their is no room for isolation or independent ideas in the first century Christianity. Hebrews 13:7,17
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by suregalluv(f): 8:33pm On Sep 16, 2018
TATIME:
There was a group in the first century to which a person must BELONG to have salvation, because that's the ONLY group encouraging their members to love and fine works. Hebrews 10:24,25 Members must continue to follow the instructions from the GB of the group for current information on what the Holy Spirit is telling the GB. Act 15:28,29 However any member who fails to continue obeying the instructions from that GB is indirectly disregarding the arrangement of the one who Appointed those 12 men. Act 2:42 So their is no room for isolation or independent ideas in the first century Christianity. Hebrews 13:7,17

The Holy Spirit is not meant to dwell in a group of people. Every man is meant to be a dwelling place for God in that you receive information directly from Him. You don't rely on any man to tell you what the Holy Spirit says. That was done in the days of the Law when the people all depended on the Priests to tell them what God says. Now, the Holy Spirit is the only teacher that is meant to control a man, that a man should receive information from.

Although in growing in knowledge of Christ, there are those who have grown higher than others so they teach the others what the Spirit says. In your case, you depend on your GB for everything. Man is supposed to have a personal relationship with God where He speaks to you concerning you.

suregalluv:

You people do not listen to other gospel songs from the likes of Hillsong, Michael Smith or even sing songs of praises except from your hymn book on the grounds of those songs being "worldly" ( a member told me this) but yet your members sing to immoral and secular songs.

Can you explain the reason why?
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Emusan(m): 8:34pm On Sep 16, 2018
TATIME:
It's a pity that you're now coming up with rage.Please i never meant to make you annoyed,we're just trying to reason along as your question seems simple and straightforward from a sincere heart that wish to know the reason why a religious group changed their group name.(1) "Emmanuel" was the name found in the prophecy but "Jesus" was the name Gabriel gave Mary's son.(2)"Elijah" was the name found in the prophecy but "John" was the name Gabriel gave Zachariah's son.(3)"Messiah" was the title found in the prophecies but "the son of man" is what Jesus kept calling Himself. I just want you to humbly meditate on these because if you were alive as a contemporary of both John and Jesus, your question will remain the same "Why are you not bearing Elijah?" to John and to Jesus "Why are you not bearing Emmanuel?" Or "Are you the Messiah?". So i'll advise you to learn from the mistakes of their contemporaries in order not to miss out of the race to life. Satan,demons and their human agents are always misrepresenting God's servants, and their tactics is using the names that ignorant and innocent individuals are already familiar with. God bless you!

That's why you're a very shameless person...
I'm not in rage with neither you nor anybody but I hate hypocrite.

Now see the line of your argument, does it correlate with what we've been discussing? No!

From beginning, you're the very person who said Jesus has instructed you people to SEPARATE from the name CHRISTIAN but now you're still trying as mush as possible to claim that YOU'RE STILL A CHRISTIAN but you only have a denomination NAME which is JWs.

With all these your contradictory statements and even lies from the beginning of this thread, you couldn't hide your face in shame...

The question I asked is if witnesses for Jesus is the same thing as witnesses for Jehovah, why did your Organization change from Herad for Christ to JWs.

Now you're using the case of a prophecy of Emmanuel to Jesus...was it prophesied that your organization name will change from Herad for Jesus to Jehovah witness?

Like I said you people can be pretending online claiming to be Jesus Christ witnesses but deep down inside of you, you know it's just a saving face.

I have asked you to show where Jehovah instructed you to witness for him and I'm ready to show you more than 5 places for Jesus.

1. God Himself is a witness for His son
2. The Holy Spirit is a witness of Jesus Christ
3. The prophets are witnesses of Jesus
4. The apostles are all witnesses of Jesus.
5. The early saints are all witnesses of Jesus.
6. The martyrs of Christ are all Jesus witnesses.
7. Winners, Deeper life, RCCG are all said to be Jesus witnesses...

But only you is a Jehovah witness...where is the instruction to witness for Jehovah come from?
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 16, 2018
suregalluv:

Point out the wrong in my statement.
No! No!! No!!! My friend, that's not how JWs enjoy upbuilding conversations with our friends and neighbors. It's not about the WRONG but ACCURATE knowledge of God's word, because even a Muslim have an idea regarding the Bible after all he/she knows the names of prophets and stories in the Bible. What we all need is an accurate knowledge of the scriptures! Heaven is not where God purposed for faithful humans,Earth is our home, Jesus is the person who said "i'm going to PREPARE a place" meaning there was NO place prepared for humans in heaven from the beginning. So why the new arrangement? Jesus will rule the earth with co~rulers,Jerusalem supposed to be the sit of their government but Jerusalem has been polluted with the blood of holy prophets and finally the blood of the Messiah. God's vengeance will come upon Jerusalem and it's Temple will be devastated, these made Jesus' followers nervous asking "where are we going to stay and rule with you?" That's why the reply came that He is going to prepare the government house in heaven, so it's only those that will rule with Him that are going there while all other faithful servants of God will enjoy the benefits of their righteous rule on earth! Those who don't know all these can't understand why we must teach ourselves not to participate in politics because all politicians including those participating in politics will be destroyed! Daniel 2:44
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 16, 2018
Emusan:

Now see the line of your argument, does it correlate with what we've been discussing? No!
From beginning, you're the very person who said Jesus has instructed you people to SEPARATE from the name CHRISTIAN but now you're still trying as mush as possible to claim that YOU'RE STILL A CHRISTIAN but you only have a denomination NAME which is JWs.
With all these your contradictory statements and even lies from the beginning of this thread, you couldn't hide your face in shame...
The question I asked is if witnesses for Jesus is the same thing as witnesses for Jehovah, why did your Organization change from Herad for Christ to JWs.
Now you're using the case of a prophecy of Emmanuel to Jesus...was it prophesied that your organization name will change from Herad for Jesus to Jehovah witness?
Like I said you people can be pretending online claiming to be Jesus Christ witnesses but deep down inside of you, you know it's just a saving face.
I have asked you to show where Jehovah instructed you to witness for him and I'm ready to show you more than 5 places for Jesus.
But only you is a Jehovah witness...where is the instruction to witness for Jehovah come from?
Please we're not supposed to continue with bitter arguments because from your comments it's like i'm just getting you annoyed the more, i'm really sorry for all these please forgive me. We're Jehovah's Witnesses and there's no reason for quarreling over the issue, you can choose any group name you prefer, Christianity was built on tolerance and believers should not be quarreling over what ONLY God is the judge. Thanks and God bless you!
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 16, 2018
suregalluv:

The Holy Spirit is not meant to dwell in a group of people. Every man is meant to be a dwelling place for God in that you receive information directly from Him. You don't rely on any man to tell you what the Holy Spirit says. That was done in the days of the Law when the people all depended on the Priests to tell them what God says. Now, the Holy Spirit is the only teacher that is meant to control a man, that a man should receive information from.
Although in growing in knowledge of Christ, there are those who have grown higher than others so they teach the others what the Spirit says. In your case, you depend on your GB for everything. Man is supposed to have a personal relationship with God where He speaks to you concerning you.
Can you explain the reason why?
Please i'm not happy getting others annoyed so let the conversation remain a friendly discussion and not bitter argument. If you're asking a question, i believe you just want to know our application of the scriptures and how practical it is! So back to our discussion, you agreed that there are those who are higher in wisdom than others in Christianity. Well that's the position of our GB! If you agree that despite the Holy Spirit been amongst the faithfuls there still exists those who are high in wisdom worthy of TEACHING other faithfuls, then we believe the same thing in that aspect! As for Music, we choose wisely our choice of entertainment, so if the song is secular each person decides on what his/her conscience can bear but regarding religious songs we don't welcome any because the song writer has no knowledge about our God therefore instead of praising HIM their lyrics always bring reproach on HIS Holy name. That's why we prefer secular musicians who only sing for our amusement or party times!
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by suregalluv(f): 9:28pm On Sep 16, 2018
TATIME:
No! No!! No!!! My friend, that's not how JWs enjoy upbuilding conversations with our friends and neighbors. It's not about the WRONG but ACCURATE knowledge of God's word, because even a Muslim have an idea regarding the Bible after all he/she knows the names of prophets and stories in the Bible. What we all need is an accurate knowledge of the scriptures! Heaven is not where God purposed for faithful humans,Earth is our home, Jesus is the person who said "i'm going to PREPARE a place" meaning there was NO place prepared for humans in heaven from the beginning. So why the new arrangement? Jesus will rule the earth with co~rulers,Jerusalem supposed to be the sit of their government but Jerusalem has been polluted with the blood of holy prophets and finally the blood of the Messiah. God's vengeance will come upon Jerusalem and it's Temple will be devastated, these made Jesus' followers nervous asking "where are we going to stay and rule with you?" That's why the reply came that He is going to prepare the government house in heaven, so it's only those that will rule with Him that are going there while all other faithful servants of God will enjoy the benefits of their righteous rule on earth! Those who don't know all these can't understand why we must teach ourselves not to participate in politics because all politicians including those participating in politics will be destroyed! Daniel 2:44

No! You're wrong! This is not our home. Earth is a physical place, a temporary place for man which will be destroyed bwhen the time comes. Our home is an unseen place where the soul will go to dwell in if found worthy. This world has already been marked for destruction.

The Bible says "eyes have not seen neither have ears heard nor have entered into the heart of men what the Lord has prepared for those who love Him" 1 Cor 2:9
What God has prepared isn't a physical place that man can see, he has no idea of what is prepared in Heaven.

◄ John 14:2 ►
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
What do you have to say about this?

[s]BTW, why are you running away from my previous question? I won't answer you anymore until you provide an answer to the question I asked you.[/s]
modified.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by suregalluv(f): 9:33pm On Sep 16, 2018
TATIME:
Please i'm not happy getting others annoyed so let the conversation remain a friendly discussion and not bitter argument. If you're asking a question, i believe you just want to know our application of the scriptures and how practical it is! So back to our discussion, you agreed that there are those who are higher in wisdom than others in Christianity. Well that's the position of our GB! If you agree that despite the Holy Spirit been amongst the faithfuls there still exists those who are high in wisdom worthy of TEACHING other faithfuls, then we believe the same thing in that aspect! As for Music, we choose wisely our choice of entertainment, so if the song is secular each person decides on what his/her conscience can bear but regarding religious songs we don't welcome any because the song writer has no knowledge about our God therefore instead of praising HIM their lyrics always bring reproach on HIS Holy name. That's why we prefer secular musicians who only sing for our amusement or party times!

You all depend on your GB as your only source to God.
Wow! "Bring reproach on HIS By name". Mention one gospel song that has brought reproach on His Holy name. Then those that glorify the devil; sing about sex, girls, drugs are what is being preferred? I can't argue anyone with someone ignorant.
I rest my case. Shalom!
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 16, 2018
suregalluv:

You all depend on your GB as your only source to God.
Wow! "Bring reproach on HIS By name". Mention one gospel song that has brought reproach on His Holy name. Then those that glorify the devil; sing about sex, girls, drugs are what is being preferred? I can't argue anyone with someone ignorant.
I rest my case. Shalom!
Haaaaaaaaa i'm sorry if you think it's an argument, we're not to argue but to defend or give practical applications of what we believe. So if you feel that i'm ignorant of God's word then i'll keep waiting for the true Christians to knock on my door one of these days and teach me a better application of what i've read from the scriptures or better still keep praying for the Holy Spirit to come and teach me "Himself" after all NO MAN supposed to teach a Christian what only the Holy Spirit can teach US (according to you) and since you are a man that has disqualifies you also from teaching me! Thanks for your time, God bless you!
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by suregalluv(f): 10:20pm On Sep 16, 2018
TATIME:
Haaaaaaaaa i'm sorry if you think it's an argument, we're not to argue but to defend or give practical applications of what we believe. So if you feel that i'm ignorant of God's word then i'll keep waiting for the true Christians to knock on my door one of these days and teach me a better application of what i've read from the scriptures or better still keep praying for the Holy Spirit to come and teach me "Himself" after all NO MAN supposed to teach a Christian what only the Holy Spirit can teach US (according to you) and since you are a man that has disqualifies you also from teaching me! Thanks for your time, God bless you!

OK. Case closed.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by achorladey: 10:27pm On Sep 16, 2018
Emusan:

Revelation 19:10
At that I fell down before his feet to worship him. But he tells me: “Be careful! Do not do that! I am only a fellow slave of you and of your brothers who have the WORK of WITNESSING concerning JESUS. Worship God! For the WITNESS concerning Jesus is what inspires prophecy.”NWT.

This is to support your position captured in your post.

as we LOOK intently at the Chief Agent and Perfecter of our faith, JESUS. For the joy that was set before him he endured a torture stake, despising shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Heb 12:2 NWT

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by OneJ: 11:58pm On Sep 16, 2018
Emusan:

Hypocrite hiding under someone's post!

Reply to your first post if you dare not.

It's now you see that these church names also the same with Jehovah witness but forgotten that these people never said they witnesses for Jehovah but for Jesus.

Can you provide an evidence for this?

See lies, Jesus said His teaching is not His that's but you people only use Isaiah 43:10 to proof that you're the only person following Jehovah instruction.

Show me where Jehovah said you should witness for him, that's what have been demanding from you since.

English is not your problem even Isaiah 43:10 isn't an instruction/command.

Isaiah 40:10 "You are my witness..." compare to
Acts 1:8 "You SHALL BE my witness.."

I'm still waiting for your answer to why Herad for Christ changes to Jehovah witness if witnesses for Jesus and Jehovah are the same.

"Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah , my servants whom I have chosen.... before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me" Isaiah 43:10 (ASV).

Why is plain. English so hard to sink into your brain? Jehovah's decree already activated before & after Jesus came to the earth naim Emusan wan change am by force..
"The God of Abraham , Isaac & Jakob, the God of our forefathers, has glorified His servant Jesus" Acts 3:13.

"Jesus went into Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God... The kingdom of GOD is near. Repent & believe the good news" Mark 1:14,15.

"My food is for me to do the work of Him that sent me & to finish his work" John 4:34.

"Jesus answered, my teaching is NOT my own. It comes from Him who sent me..... he who works for the honor of the One who sent him is a man of truth" John 7:16,17.
That Jesus Christ is the faithful witness of Jehovah is not debatable.
Jesus himself has exposed your lies, hypocrisy & bigotry..

Emusan, the official mouthpiece of Anglican, Redeemed , Winner's, Catholics. etc , does their names mean Jesus Witness?

Receive sense. IJNA.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Emusan(m): 1:18am On Sep 17, 2018
TATIME:
Please we're not supposed to continue with bitter arguments because from your comments it's like i'm just getting you annoyed the more, i'm really sorry for all these please forgive me. We're Jehovah's Witnesses and there's no reason for quarreling over the issue, you can choose any group name you prefer, Christianity was built on tolerance and believers should not be quarreling over what ONLY God is the judge. Thanks and God bless you!

You didn't annoy me nor can you ever near it...but my spirit can never settle with a shameless person who lacks integrity and the fear of God.

We have seen people on this same forum who made mistakes in their comments...when they know about it or notified, it's either they apologize or quietly leave the thread.

But in your own case, you lied, contradict and confuse yet you're still rubbing it in our faces to swallow your delusion.

NOW you know THEY'RE THINGS ONLY God is the judge YET you keep shouting up and down that you're the ONLY TRUE worshippers of God. Are you God to have known that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe / Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise / As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.