Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,109 members, 7,835,737 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? (11889 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Ochiawutonnanna(m): 8:10pm On Sep 18, 2018
I have to say this, all denomination, none of them are worshipping God the right way, christians celebrates xmas, easter, and worshipping on Sunday all that is wrong, no church in Nigeria obeys the commandments and that is why God is not present in Nigeria, all the pastors can claim all they want.
They cannot even accept a simple fact that law to give tithes has done away with.
this is why i want someone to tell me what color is Jesus a black man or a white man.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by ipobarecriminals: 8:41pm On Sep 18, 2018
gewixogo:

MEET THE COUPLE THAT MET AND GOT ENGAGED AND NOW MARRIED ON THE PLATFORM OF LOVE (MATCHMAKING PLATFORM)

A big Congrats to OUR NEWEST COUPLE, David and Favour as they got Married few weekends ago!!

They met on this platform of love
They connected on this platform of love
They fell in love on this platform of love
The Bobo proposed on this platform of love
They got engaged on this platform of love
NOW, they are married on this platform of love

It is the PLATFORM OF LOVE matchmaking website baby!!!!!!

Love, Relationships, marriages are been consummated on this incredible PLATFORM OF LOVE

Are still a doubting Thomas? What are you waiting for??

You are 18+, not ready for marriage but need genuine true Love?
You are ready for Marriage and need a Soulmate?
You are a single parent and desire true love?
You are a widow or widower and sill believes in true love?

Everyone, anyone and 'all-one' that desire true, genuine, lasting love wherever you are across Nigeria, across Africa and as an Africans across the globe, is welcome here!

Ooooop, did i mention that we just launched something? A brand new community experience you sure gonna looooove all the way

Get started NOW! Get Connected NOW!! Get Into The 'ATMOSPHERE OF PLATFORM OF LOVE'!

IT IS ABSOLUTELY FREE TO SIGNUP, REGISTER AND BE A MEMBER....ABSOLUTELY FREE!
undecided
gewixogo:

MEET THE COUPLE THAT MET AND GOT ENGAGED AND NOW MARRIED ON THE PLATFORM OF LOVE (MATCHMAKING PLATFORM)

A big Congrats to OUR NEWEST COUPLE, David and Favour as they got Married few weekends ago!!

They met on this platform of love
They connected on this platform of love
They fell in love on this platform of love
The Bobo proposed on this platform of love
They got engaged on this platform of love
NOW, they are married on this platform of love

It is the PLATFORM OF LOVE matchmaking website baby!!!!!!

Love, Relationships, marriages are been consummated on this incredible PLATFORM OF LOVE

Are still a doubting Thomas? What are you waiting for??

You are 18+, not ready for marriage but need genuine true Love?
You are ready for Marriage and need a Soulmate?
You are a single parent and desire true love?
You are a widow or widower and sill believes in true love?

Everyone, anyone and 'all-one' that desire true, genuine, lasting love wherever you are across Nigeria, across Africa and as an Africans across the globe, is welcome here!

Ooooop, did i mention that we just launched something? A brand new community experience you sure gonna looooove all the way

Get started NOW! Get Connected NOW!! Get Into The 'ATMOSPHERE OF PLATFORM OF LOVE'!

IT IS ABSOLUTELY FREE TO SIGNUP, REGISTER AND BE A MEMBER....ABSOLUTELY FREE!
thanks for d offer.I'm married with 3 children.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 18, 2018
Ochiawutonnanna:
I have to say this, all denomination, none of them are worshipping God the right way, christians celebrates xmas, easter, and worshipping on Sunday all that is wrong, no church in Nigeria obeys the commandments and that is why God is not present in Nigeria, all the pastors can claim all they want.
They cannot even accept a simple fact that law to give tithes has done away with.
this is why i want someone to tell me what color is Jesus a black man or a white man.
Jesus was a Jew and that means He was tarn in skin color but that's of no significance, what He taught back then is exactly the solution to the problem mankind is experiencing right now. That's why Mahatma Gandhi(Indian)after reading what Jesus said in the gospel was moved to say "I love Christ but i hate Christians" because the religions he knew claiming Christians by then are pure misrepresentation as in total contrast to what Christianity ought to be! Everything that the man from Nazareth taught they have thrown into the garbage and set their own ideology or standards which they assume Jesus should have followed. A perfect example is "prayer for and in the presence of strangers before preaching in public places". Jesus followed the standards set in the scriptures, "no prayers until audience are willing to adhere to divine instruction" Proverbs 28:9,Jeremiah 11:14,14:11, John 17:8,9 But the so called Pastors have taught them the opposite "before preaching to a stranger, pray for him/her" and that's what all of them are expecting Jehovah's Witnesses to do. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Emusan(m): 9:03pm On Sep 18, 2018
Barristter07:
Your op is total assumption. Especially question 2 which tend to assume that if Christians are Different from Jehovah's witnesses, there should not have been anything like Early Christians BUT early Jehovah's witnesses , trying to substitute one for the other . now it backfires , Sorry

This part shows that you're the very person who is assuming here...
Sorry to burst your ass, the question 2 didn't derive from this as you said "if Christians are Different from Jehovah's witnesses, there should not have been anything like Early Christians BUT early Jehovah's witnesses"

Rather the question 2 stems from the claim by your organization that "The name Jehovah's witnesses have been known for over 2,700 years ago"

Which then make me to ask, if the name has been in existence for over 2,700 years ago, WHY IS YOUR PUBLICATIONS ALWAYS refer to the early people as EARLY CHRISTIANS and not EARLY JEHOVAH WITNESSESS?

Your two brothers who first attempt this question understood it but difficult for them to admit it.

One even went further to say it's Jesus who instructed them to separate from the name CHRISTIAN while the other said the old saints don't need to use the name because they have FAITH and OBEDIENCE to Jehovah righteou's standard.

You can see you're the very person who is confused here.

Actually I've made up mind not to reply you but I just have to clarify this.

To your question:
All those mentioned also claim to be Christians , but For a Fact Jehovah's Witnesses are the true Christians today!

That's exactly what draw people like Me to this humble people who follow the footstep of early Christians.

Fact is it has been established that Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians contrary to your Op

Funny enough if dem ask which witness una dey give about Jesus now na Jesus is God go be una answer, typical trinitarian reasoning .

We witness for Jehovah just as Early Christians witness about him . there is no way you discuss the ransom of Christ without acknowledging the source of such great Love Jehovah.

1 Corinthian 15:15 , Apostle Paul refer to themselves as Witnesses of Jehovah.

Didn't they ? grin

I repeat! There is no way to witness about Jesus without Witnessing Jehovah God who send him.

Your issue is when you talk about witnessing for Jesus , Its Trinity coming into your head . And that's not the witness of Jesus Given in the Scriptures

Witnessing about Jesus has to do with the salvation assignment given him by his God , which he faithfully did . it also includes bearing witness to his ressurection from the dead ,, [ The Jews spread a rumour that Jesus wasn't ressurected , This the disciples proved false and bear witness to the fact that Jesus Christ was Ressurected ]

Witnesses today Also bear Jesus name before people in their preaching work.

But Since true worshippers will worship the Father - the name Jehovah's Witnesses set them apart from the million other false worshippers worshipping the Trinity. ( John 4:23)
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 18, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
undecidedthanks for d offer.I'm married with 3 children.
I wonder o, love don cheap welwel for town so tey you fit just find love for social media hook ups. When the Bible says "marry only in the Lord" (1Corinthians 7:39) someone who truly loves God. Mark 12:28-30 How can you truthfully say you love someone whom you never knew from Adam? What about compatibility? Well sha if a German dog and Calabar dog jam shebi mating fit make compatibility work. Abeg carry go, you self don get better business joh customers full town! grin grin grin
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 18, 2018
Emusan:

This part shows that you're the very person who is assuming here...
Sorry to burst your ass, the question 2 didn't derive from this as you said "if Christians are Different from Jehovah's witnesses, there should not have been anything like Early Christians BUT early Jehovah's witnesses"

Rather the question 2 stems from the claim by your organization that "The name Jehovah's witnesses have been known for over 2,700 years ago"

Which then make me to ask, if the name has been in existence for over 2,700 years ago, WHY IS YOUR PUBLICATIONS ALWAYS refer to the early people as EARLY CHRISTIANS and not EARLY JEHOVAH WITNESSESS?

Your two brothers who first attempt this question understood it but difficult for them to admit it.

One even went further to say it's Jesus who instructed them to separate from the name CHRISTIAN while the other said the old saints don't need to use the name because they have FAITH and OBEDIENCE to Jehovah righteou's standard.

You can see you're the very person who is confused here.

Actually I've made up mind not to reply you but I just have to clarify this.

You're not clarifying anything my friend, it's obvious your question is totally senseless. Because there are thousands of religious groups with contradicting doctrines and conflicting teachings yet you're claiming they're all Christians. Your friend was crying that Jehovah's Witnesses are going about preaching to Christians whereas ONLY the Roman Catholics were claiming Christians for almost 1,000 years before all these other countless groups started emerging and SNATCHING worshippers from the Catholics. Today all of them have hypocritically remained silent as if they were friendly during the splitting. Only Jehovah's Witnesses is the religious group they're all crying after and complaining against as if we're coming to their churches to steal members. Whereas our teachings is totally different from all of them so that only sincere and honesthearted persons could give us a consideration. wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by achorladey: 9:22pm On Sep 18, 2018
John 5:39 you are searching the Scriptures because you think that you will have everlasting life by means of them; and these are the very ones that bears WITNESS about ME. NWT

The SCRIPTURES under consideration must be over 2700 years old. Who is the ME? Argue with your denomination
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 18, 2018
achorladey:
John 5:39 you are searching the Scriptures because you think that you will have everlasting life by means of them; and these are the very ones that bears WITNESS about ME. NWT

The SCRIPTURES under consideration must be over 2700 years old. Who is the ME? Argue with your denomination
Keep deceiving yourself,instead of identifying God's people you're complaining bitterly against only one religious group and you're not worshipping elsewhere but with the same group you're criticizing. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by achorladey: 9:44pm On Sep 18, 2018
TATIME:
Keep deceiving yourself,instead of identifying God's people you're complaining bitterly against only one religious group and you're not worshipping elsewhere but with the same group you're criticizing. cheesy cheesy cheesy

TATIME: Keep deceiving yourself,instead of IDENTIFYING GOD'S PEOPLE you're complaining bitterly against only one religious group and YOU'RE NOT WORSHIPPING elsewhere but with the SAME group(GOD'S PEOPLE) you're criticizing.

Achorladey: CONTRADICTION things. Na your way! The stuff plenty for this thread.

Your denomination is among them bah? Hahahahahahahaah eni je fufu ni ara fun hahahahaahhahahaha. Argue against your denomination.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by ipobarecriminals: 10:02pm On Sep 18, 2018
grin wink grin grin sad embarassed embarassed grin grin
TATIME:
I wonder o, love don cheap welwel for town so tey you fit just find love for social media hook ups. When the Bible says "marry only in the Lord" (1Corinthians 7:39) someone who truly loves God. Mark 12:28-30 How can you truthfully say you love someone whom you never knew from Adam? What about compatibility? Well sha if a German dog and Calabar dog jam shebi mating fit make compatibility work. Abeg carry go, you self don get better business joh customers full town! grin grin grin
grin
TATIME:
That thing is not even free.U must register,pay money b4 u meet sumbody.Suppose dey kip match u with long throat,short/thief/person wey go rob/stab u nkoh? u must pay for beach/any party.Even if i'm not married,i knw where to get opeke here in Lekki.Dem boku well well.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Ochiawutonnanna(m): 10:23pm On Sep 18, 2018
Well this is why we need to know who we are. John kept records n reveal what Christ looks like in revelation.
Revelation 1;1 vs 12-15
“The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

This is what our lord looks like

And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭1:1, 13-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬
So when you take brass that is brown already and burn it in the fire, it turns black
Ok Jesus is from Judah let’s see what they look like.
Jeremiah 14:2
“Judah mourneth, and the gates thereof languish; they are black unto the ground; and the cry of Jerusalem is gone up.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭14:2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Judah is gone into captivity because of affliction, and because of great servitude: she dwelleth among the heathen, she findeth no rest: all her persecutors overtook her between the straits. The ways of Zion do mourn, because none come to the solemn feasts: all her gates are desolate: her priests sigh, her virgins are afflicted, and she is in bitterness.”
‭‭Lamentations‬ ‭1:3-4
Their leaders are being killed which is the gate, and they are black.
Maybe I show Jesus hometown Nazareth
Lamentations 4:7,8
“Her Nazarites were purer than snow, they were whiter than milk, they were more ruddy in body than rubies, their polishing was of sapphire: Their visage is blacker than a coal; they are not known in the streets: their skin cleaveth to their bones; it is withered, it is become like a stick.”
‭‭Lamentations‬ ‭4:7-8‬ ‭KJV‬
Roman Catholic all they did was bring confusion the Israelites were all black they are the chosen people, they don’t want you to know who you are, that’s the only was to receive the blessing God has for us , that is why you see all kinds of religions, Rome took out the book of apocrypha out of the Bible, they don’t want you to know, they painted Jesus white
Let me give you a verse from the lost book of the Bible
1 Maccabees 3;48
And laid open the book of the law, wherein the heathen had sought to paint the likeness of their images.
We are destroyed for lack of knowledge
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by OneJ: 12:11am On Sep 19, 2018
achorladey:

achorladey, whom did Jesus Christ bear witness about ? What's the source of the Gospel that Jesus proclaimed ?

Is the servant more important than the One who sent him?
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by OneJ: 12:42am On Sep 19, 2018
OneJ:

Emusan, explain John 7:16, Acts 3:13,26..

Because of your fear fear, U removed them from my previous post. Those Bible verses wey U dey fear, exposes your lies.

" The God of Abraham and of Isaac & Jakob ,the God of our forefathers, has glorified His servant Jesus". whom U Emusan denied & rejected as the servant of Jehovah. Acts3:13.
" ...God sent his servant Jesus". Acts 3:26.

Jesus himself already confirmed he was sent by Jehovah, therefore, he is a Jehovah's witness, the servant of Jehovah, just as the Israelites .

"Jesus answered , my teaching is not my own. It come from him who sent me" John 7:16 .

"Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, my servants whom I have chosen" Isaiah 43:10.

U the cherry picker , dey accuse me of the very deed U had done, hypocrite.

Emusan, who cherry picks what to twist & form baseless assumptions, ("Herald of Christ " was never a name adopted by JW , U dey lie.). why U dey run from my questions? Come & explain
Acts 3:13,26 & John 7:16.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by TruthinAction: 12:57am On Sep 19, 2018
It is absurd for any group to claim to be a witness for Jehovah.. You witness to what you have seen and know. How can one witness for a God you have never seen?

We are commanded to witness for Jesus because people saw him when he was crucified and when he rose from the dead
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by budaatum: 1:10am On Sep 19, 2018
TruthinAction:
It is absurd for any group to claim to be a witness for Jehovah.. You witness to what you have seen and know. How can one witness for a God you have never seen?

We are commanded to witness for Jesus because people saw him when he was crucified and when he rose from the dead
But you never saw Jesus now, so how come you witness for Jesus? Did you see him crucified and rise from the dead? Or are just witnessing what you were told?

Are those witnessing for God not witnessing the 'evidence' they 'saw' too just like you are? Or did some people just fabricate lies in the old testament like they did in bits of the new and you're just selectively believing?!

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Emusan(m): 2:23am On Sep 19, 2018
When you think you've seen it all but they keep showing case their daftness.

OneJ:
who cherry picks what to twist & form baseless assumptions, ("Herald of Christ " was never a name adopted by JW , U dey lie.)

What did I cherry pick?

Can you show me where I said HERALD OF CHRIST is their former NAME? You must quote where I said this either on this thread or another place...if not, don't dare spam my mention again.

Joker, you just rush to Google to do research...and still come back to show your delusions.

This is the reason why I will continue to say that you people lack simple comprehension and I didn't blame you since you're just a robot in the hands of your GB.

why U dey run from my questions? Come & explain
Acts 3:13,26 & John 7:16.

Smile, see the dull head accusing me I ran away from his question and compelling me to explain.

Whereas, you're the first person who ran from your first post...which I replied with many questions.

How many times have I asked you to go back and reply that post here?
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 6:07am On Sep 19, 2018
TATIME:
You're not clarifying anything my friend, it's obvious your question is totally senseless. Because there are thousands of religious groups with contradicting doctrines and conflicting teachings yet you're claiming they're all Christians. Your friend was crying that Jehovah's Witnesses are going about preaching to Christians whereas ONLY the Roman Catholics were claiming Christians for almost 1,000 years before all these other countless groups started emerging and SNATCHING worshippers from the Catholics. Today all of them have hypocritically remained silent as if they were friendly during the splitting. Only Jehovah's Witnesses is the religious group they're all crying after and complaining against as if we're coming to their churches to steal members. Whereas our teachings is totally different from all of them so that only sincere and honesthearted persons could give us a consideration. wink wink wink

I've told you earlier that no one gives a damn about Jehovah's witnesses. If they gave a damn, you guys will be extinct today. Rather, you JW are the ones bothering yourself about Christians. All your publications are targeted at them Your watchtower and Awake magazines are out to tarnish Christians. If Christians are to dish out half of the hate you show towards them in your magazines, JW will fade in no time.

You claim we hate you, yet you are allowed to knock on our doors to preach your heresies.

It's seems GB has planted this idea of self-importance in your head that you don't see how stupid it makes you look.

You acts as if you are better because what you are teaching is different from others. Can we also say that they are better than you because what they are teaching is also different from yours?
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 6:30am On Sep 19, 2018
budaatum:

But you never saw Jesus now, so how come you witness for Jesus? Did you see him crucified and rise from the dead? Or are just witnessing what you were told?

Are those witnessing for God not witnessing the 'evidence' they 'saw' too just like you are? Or did some people just fabricate lies in the old testament like they did in bits of the new and you're just selectively believing?!
You don't understand his argument.

Humans have never seen God, so we can't witness for a Being we have never seen.

But Humans have seen His Son Jesus. They saw him get crucified and resurrect. That's why we can testify of what was seen. That's why we are witnesses of Jesus.

Ask a Jehovahs Witness if he or any man has seen Jehovah before, he will tell you no. Yet he claims to witness for Someone he has never seen. Isn't that a false witness?
Nowhere is it written in the Bible that we humans are Jehovah's witnesses. They say Jesus witnessed for Jehovah. Well, he has seen Him before. But we can't say the same. We can only witness for Jesus whom mankind has seen because he came in the flesh.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 19, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

I've told you earlier that no one gives a damn about Jehovah's witnesses. If they gave a damn, you guys will be extinct today. Rather, you JW are the ones bothering yourself about Christians. All your publications are targeted at them Your watchtower and Awake magazines are out to tarnish Christians. If Christians are to dish out half of the hate you show towards them in your magazines, JW will fade in no time.

You claim we hate you, yet you are allowed to knock on our doors to preach your heresies.

It's seems GB has planted this idea of self-importance in your head that you don't see how stupid it makes you look.

You acts as if you are better because what you are teaching is different from others. Can we also say that they are better than you because what they are teaching is also different from yours?
Oh! so you've changed your silly question about why Jehovah's Witnesses are going to preach to so called "Christians".Well can you tell me why all these new generation churches are also snatching members from the Catholics, or are Catholics also not Christians? After all they were the ONLY group claiming Christians from the onset! As for the hatred your folks have tried all they could do but it's "freedom of expression" by America that's rendering you people harmless if not your comments is enough to discern what you could have done to people going out to preach and teach their neighbors, even though you have decided not to allow them yet you're still breathing threat despite your intolerance.. Jesus spoke against falsehood and so all Jehovah's Witnesses before Him so neither you nor any other agent of darkness can stop the light. If you're sure you've got something tangible to offer, the command from Jesus to whom you falsely claim being a witness is "go and meet people in their homes" undecided undecided undecided
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 19, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

But Humans have seen His Son Jesus. They saw him get crucified and resurrect. That's why we can testify of what was seen. That's why we are witnesses of Jesus.

Ask a Jehovahs Witness if he or any man has seen Jehovah before, he will tell you no. Yet he claims to witness for Someone he has never seen. Isn't that a false witness?
Nowhere is it written in the Bible that we humans are Jehovah's witnesses. They say Jesus witnessed for Jehovah. Well, he has seen Him before. But we can't say the same. We can only witness for Jesus whom mankind has seen because he came in the flesh.
"Ask a Jehovah's Witness if he or any man has seen Jehovah before" Please read and explain Deuteronomy 34:10 "Nowhere is it written in the Bible that humans are Jehovah's Witnesses" Hmmmmmmmmmm this your intolerance is driving you nuts my friend, please check Isaiah 43:10-13 and explain, analyze or interpret what Jehovah said that was "WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE" wink wink wink
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 19, 2018
What you should have said is that Jehovah's Witnesses in the past knew almost nothing about HIM in comparison to the greatest and foremost witness of Jehovah in the person of Jesus Christ. Revelations 1:5 So for all of them to truly qualify as adequate competent and completely equipped as JWs, they must learn from Jehovah's only begotten son. John 3:16-18 That's why the Bible book of Revelations said Jesus and few selected ones from His students must rule for 1,000 years.Revelations 14:1,20:6 Meaning from Abel to John the baptist are Jehovah's Witnesses but not as equipped as those who have learnt from Jesus (God's only begotten son) Matthew 11:11. So they're all going to be resurrected and Jehovah's Witnesses who have learnt from Christ (Christians)will teach them the way,the truth and the life which is through Jesus and they must all bow to Jesus' teachings otherwise they'll die again and this time it's forever! Revelations 20:13-15 Revelations 14:1 said Jesus' name and His father's name were written on their foreheads because they witnessed for Jehovah based on the instructions given through God's only begotten son! If you're not one of US,it's a pity because you'll only read and read and read but you'll never know the practical applications of what's written in the scriptures. Please we're not trying to silence or stop you people from bearing witness to Jesus but if you're not truly members of the house of Jehovah,you'll be rendered speechless when you come face to face with JWs because the wisdom(practical applications) of God's word is given to no other group. Isaiah 54:17 wink wink wink
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by OneJ: 10:38am On Sep 19, 2018
suregalluv:

This is where you got it wrong! Matt 24:14 means that the gospel will be preached everywhere as a witness, an evidence, a proof. Jesus Christ is the witness. You can't claim to acknowledge Jehovah when you don't acknowledge the only source to Him, Jesus.

The actual issue is that U have not grasped the vital point.

Jesus said "This is why I was born& for this I have come into the world, to BEAR WITNESS to the truth. John 18:37.

"Your word is truth" (God's word ) is truth. John 17:17.
How did Jesus bear witness to the truth?

"...Jesus came into Galilee ,preaching the good news (the Gospel) of the kingdom of God". Mark 1:14,15.

suregalluv, U can see now that Jesus was the faithful witness of the the Gospel (good news) of God's kingdom by preaching about Jehovah's kingdom.

Anyone who obeys Jesus command to "preach this good news of the kingdom" (in Matt 24:14 ), has in effect, acknowledged Jesus as the only source to Jehovah,his Father.

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by budaatum: 11:18am On Sep 19, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

The 'witnessing' of Jesus does not only include what was 'seen'. It includes what was understood too, along with what has been thought and reasoned by others. If that wasn't the case, we'd be clear who's progeny he was.

You can 'witness' about God, and very likely do if you are a Christian. Jesus sure did witness about God, so that should be sufficient reason to do likewise instead of substituting an image that you have seen for an Almighty God you haven't seen. The two laws "You shall have no other gods before Me", and "You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them", clearly state that you should not do so.

Worshipping Jesus is a clear contradiction of these two laws, which Christianity has tried to circumvent with its Trinitarian doctrine!
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by budaatum: 11:23am On Sep 19, 2018
TATIME:
"Ask a Jehovah's Witness if he or any man has seen Jehovah before" Please read and explain Deuteronomy 34:10 "Nowhere is it written in the Bible that humans are Jehovah's Witnesses" Hmmmmmmmmmm this your intolerance is driving you nuts my friend, please check Isaiah 43:10-13 and explain, analyze or interpret what Jehovah said that was "WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE" wink wink wink
Indeed here is the same clearly expressed, unless Isaiah was making it up! Thank you TATIME

Isaiah 43:10-13 New International Version (NIV)

10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord,
“and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me
and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
nor will there be one after me
11 I, even I, am the Lord,
and apart from me there is no savior.
12 I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—
I, and not some foreign god among you.
You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “that I am God.
13 Yes, and from ancient days I am he.
No one can deliver out of my hand.
When I act, who can reverse it?”

It couldn't be clearer!
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 19, 2018
budaatum:

Indeed here is the same clearly expressed, unless Isaiah was making it up! Thank you TATIME

Isaiah 43:10-13 New International Version (NIV)

10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord,
“and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me
and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
nor will there be one after me
11 I, even I, am the Lord,
and apart from me there is no savior.
12 I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—
I, and not some foreign god among you.
You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “that I am God.
13 Yes, and from ancient days I am he.
No one can deliver out of my hand.
When I act, who can reverse it?”

It couldn't be clearer!
You're welcome Sir, Being a Witness of someone is easy to say but to grasp the full meaning of Witnessing is what many lacks. Perhaps we need to direct them to the Oxford Dictionary for them to understand the word "WITNESS". Jesus said,did and thought so much but those who could attest to all of these are persons who aren't presumptuous in reasoning,neither those who can't give ACCURATE account in other to stand before a prosecution counsel.

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 1:02pm On Sep 19, 2018
TATIME:

You don't understand the Deutoronomy 34:14 ''Since that time no prophet has risen in Israel like Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,''

According to you, the verse is saying that Moses saw God. But you didn't put into consideration that such notion contradicts the below verses. You just saw FACE TO FACE, then rushed to believe Moses saw God.

GOD is described as INVISCIBLE

Colossians 1:15
Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

JESUS said No man has seen God at any time

John 1:18
No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Now, if those verses are saying no one has seen God before, then you must have mistaken that Deutoronomy 34:14 to mean Moses saw God. To understand the verse, look for somewhere else where the Bible used the phrase FACE TO FACE. That can be found in Exodus Chapter 33 and is also about Moses and God.

Exodus 33:11
And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

Now see what God said to Moses in chapter 20

Exodus 33:20-23
20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
21 And the Lord said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
22 And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

Now, you can see that Moses didn't see God, he only saw his back parts. This is almost the same as the Israelites seeing God when He appeared as a pillar of cloud and fire. But to see God face to face, you can't. It is Jesus, who has made God known because He is the image of the Living God, that you have seen.

So, can you still claim to witness for a being whom you've not seen?

As for Isaiah 43:10-13, I thought Emusan just showed you that the passage doesn't go in line with how you are applying it?
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 1:04pm On Sep 19, 2018
TATIME:
Oh! so you've changed your silly question about why Jehovah's Witnesses are going to preach to so called "Christians".Well can you tell me why all these new generation churches are also snatching members from the Catholics, or are Catholics also not Christians? After all they were the ONLY group claiming Christians from the onset! As for the hatred your folks have tried all they could do but it's "freedom of expression" by America that's rendering you people harmless if not your comments is enough to discern what you could have done to people going out to preach and teach their neighbors, even though you have decided not to allow them yet you're still breathing threat despite your intolerance.. Jesus spoke against falsehood and so all Jehovah's Witnesses before Him so neither you nor any other agent of darkness can stop the light. If you're sure you've got something tangible to offer, the command from Jesus to whom you falsely claim being a witness is "go and meet people in their homes" undecided undecided undecided
You are a stubborn goat. You keep making baseless claims that you can't back up.

When has Christendom as you call them ever tried to hurt you?

This silly inconsequential people feeling important. grin
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Emusan(m): 1:14pm On Sep 19, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
You don't understand the Deutoronomy 34:14 ''Since that time no prophet has risen in Israel like Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,''

According to you, the verse is saying that Moses saw God. But you didn't put into consideration that such notion contradicts the below verses. You just saw FACE TO FACE, then rushed to believe Moses saw God.

No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Now, if those verses are saying no one has seen God before, then you must have mistaken that Deutoronomy 34:14 to mean Moses saw God. To understand the verse, look for somewhere else where the Bible used the phrase FACE TO FACE. That can be found in Exodus Chapter 33 and is also about Moses and God.

And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
21 And the Lord said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
22 And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

Now, you can see that Moses didn't see God, he only saw his back parts. This is almost the same as the Israelites seeing God when He appeared as a pillar of cloud and fire. But to see God face to face, you can't. It is Jesus, who has made God known because He is the image of the Living God, that you have seen.

If you're looking for the grand master in cherry picking just give it to JWs...it tells you how the so self acclaimed on true worshippers can lies so much.

As for Isaiah 43:10-13, I thought Emusan just showed you that the passage doesn't go in line with how you are applying it?

No matter how you try to explain that Deuteronomy to him, it won't have any effect because the GB has already program it in his empty skull.

They can extrat a phrase, sentence, or just one verse in the scripture to justify their false doctrines without minding the intent of the writer.

Whereas, this same people will tell you that, don't read anything about JWs from apostates website because they always misrepresenting their view.

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 19, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

How many of those witnessing to Jesus during the first century saw Him face to face, not to talk of you noisemakers today? cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 19, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
You are a stubborn goat. You keep making baseless claims that you can't back up.

When has Christendom as you call them ever tried to hurt you?

This silly inconsequential people feeling important. grin
Obey the instruction from Jesus first as "obedient sheep" not as stubborn goats (who are doing all they could to OBEY) and you'll become a witness to what He said His witnesses will experience in the hands of critics, so instead of arguing against the Lord's order why not go from house to house? And see for yourself how "easy" it is to make competent disciples for Jesus. STUBBORN GOAT, SILLY INCONSEQUENTIAL yet you've been worrying and agitating over these group for years. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 19, 2018
Emusan:

If you're looking for the grand master in cherry picking just give it to JWs...it tells you how the so self acclaimed on true worshippers can lies so much.
No matter how you try to explain that Deuteronomy to him, it won't have any effect because the GB has already program it in his empty skull.
They can extrat a phrase, sentence, or just one verse in the scripture to justify their false doctrines without minding the intent of the writer.
Whereas, this same people will tell you that, don't read anything about JWs from apostates website because they always misrepresenting their view.
You too can interpret it for observers to understand,after all it's only the skulls of JWs that the GB programmed not the skulls of everyone on NL. Mind you budaatum is not a JW oooooooo yet he got the understanding of message after listening to both sides(your interpretations and mine a JW) unbiased wink wink wink
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by OneJ: 4:01pm On Sep 19, 2018
Emusan:
When you think you've seen it all but they keep showing case their daftness.

What did I cherry pick?

Can you show me where I said HERALD OF CHRIST is their former NAME? You must quote where I said this either on this thread or another place...if not, don't dare spam my mention again.

Joker, you just rush to Google to do research...and still come back to show your delusions.

This is the reason why I will continue to say that you people lack simple comprehension and I didn't blame you since you're just a robot in the hands of your GB.

Smile, see the dull head accusing me I ran away from his question and compelling me to explain.

Whereas, you're the first person who ran from your first post...which I replied with many questions.

How many times have I asked you to go back and reply that post here?

Lie lie Lienus !

Emusan posted these : "Why did herad of Jesus Christ change to Jehovah witness ,if there's no difference"?

"I'm still waiting for your answer to why herad for Christ change to Jehovah witness..."
So , U no understand the meaning of wetin U dey post for this thread ? Kai !!!!!!!
No wonder !! HHhmmmm !!!!

Him still dey argue blindly even after all the scriptural proofs that TATIME, Barrister07 & others have given on this thread.

If I missed your question s, kindly repost, pls.

Emusan, explain Acts 3:13,26. John 7:16.
No fall your hand.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written / The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe / Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.