Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,258 members, 7,836,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? (11902 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Emusan(m): 1:59am On Sep 17, 2018
OneJ:

"Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah , my servants whom I have chosen.... before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me" Isaiah 43:10 (ASV).

Why is plain. English so hard to sink into your brain? Jehovah's decree already activated before & after Jesus came to the earth naim Emusan wan change am by force..

The reason why you'll continue in your delusion is because your inability to explore the scripture by yourself but just stick to one verse the GB has already planted in your dull skull.

The content of Isaiah 43:
was it a future or present event? This is question a right seeker of true knowledge will ask..
Now look at the content..

"For I am Jehovah your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I have given Egypt as a ransom for you, E·thi·oʹpi·a and Seʹba in exchange for you. For you became precious in my eyes, You were honored, and I have loved you. So I will give people in place of you And nations in exchange for your life. Do not be afraid, for I am with you. I will bring your offspring from the east And gather you together from the west. I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’ And to the south, ‘Do not hold them back. Bring my sons from afar, and my daughters from the ends of the earth, Everyone who is called by my name And whom I created for my own glory, Whom I have formed and made.’ Bring out a people who are blind, though they have eyes, And who are deaf, though they have ears. Let all the nations assemble in one place, And let the peoples be gathered together. Who among them can tell this? Or can they cause us to hear the first things? Let them present their witnesses to prove themselves right, Or let them hear and say, ‘It is the truth!’ “You are my witnesses,” declares Jehovah, “Yes, my servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and have faith in me And understand that I am the same One. Before me no God was formed, And after me there has been none. Isa 43:3-10 NWT

Reading only verse 10 may seems supportive to your argument but reading entire content it shattered your point, as this wasn't an instruction or a command.

That's why we always tell you guy "STOP CHERRY-PICKED SCRIPTURE" read the entire content and understand what the writer is pointing to but your fake organization won't listen.

Compare this with Jesus statement:

So when they had assembled, they asked him: “Lord, are you restoring the kingdom to Israel at this time?” He said to them: “It does not belong to you to know the times or seasons that the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction. But you will receive power when the holy spirit comes upon you, and you will be witnesses of me in Jerusalem, in all Ju·deʹa and Sa·marʹi·a, and to the most distant part of the earth.” Acts1:6-8 NWT

Isaiah statement can be summarized as for what Jehovah has done for your forefathers as EVEN NO NATIONS can have such a WITNESS for their gods BUT YOU ISRAELITES YOU ARE MY WITNESS TO THESE THINGS.

Why Jesus statement can be summarized thus; what you ask for, isn't what you need now, your own is to just BE A WITNESS of me.

"My food is for me to do the work of Him that sent me & to finish his work" John 4:34.

"Jesus answered, my teaching is NOT my own. It comes from Him who sent me..... he who works for the honor of the One who sent him is a man of truth" John 7:16,17.
That Jesus Christ is the faithful witness of Jehovah is not debatable.
Jesus himself has exposed your lies, hypocrisy & bigotry..

I have dealt with this.

the official mouthpiece of Anglican, Redeemed , Winner's, Catholics. etc , does their names mean Jesus Witness?

Your own is to just ask anyone of them who are they witnesses for...then come back here to ranting.

Receive sense. IJNA.

As Jesus Christ tarries I'll continue to school you guys about scripture, so it's you who need to receive sense and make use of it.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 17, 2018
Emusan:

You didn't annoy me nor can you ever near it...But in your own case, you lied, contradict and confuse yet you're still rubbing it in our faces to swallow your delusion.
Thank God you're not annoyed, please don't be and don't forget the title of your thread "Question for Jehovah's witnesses" you're the one calling for our attention therefore you should at least show some respect for our response because we're not to force you to accept our "delusion" neither can anyone force us to do away with it. It's only when we meet humble and respectful individuals with convincing presentations not arrogant,saucy and antagonistic attitudes that we feel intimidated and ashamed of not being more humble and respectful as representatives of the Nazarene. So as for our group name, neither you nor all your so called title~crazy,materialistic pastors can force us to change it. We're Jehovah's Witnesses and our ability to continue doing what none of you can do coupled with our righteousness is from Jehovah,we're already aware that this will continue to inflame and intimidate all of you throughout the world just as Abel's sacrifice got approval from Jehovah while Cain was running mad out of envy. Isaiah 54:17 Neither Jesus nor His first century followers were envious of the lying Pharisees with agitation but the irony of the matter is that YOU claiming to be Jesus' witnesses today are the ones agitating with envy like the Pharisees. If you humble yourself, you will be able to learn from us but if not YOUR hearts will always be tormented like your ancestors "the Pharisees". Farewell. wink wink
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 6:37am On Sep 17, 2018
suregalluv:

OK. Case closed.
wink wink wink
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 6:49am On Sep 17, 2018
TATIME:
Please i'm not happy getting others annoyed so let the conversation remain a friendly discussion and not bitter argument. If you're asking a question, i believe you just want to know our application of the scriptures and how practical it is! So back to our discussion, you agreed that there are those who are higher in wisdom than others in Christianity. Well that's the position of our GB! If you agree that despite the Holy Spirit been amongst the faithfuls there still exists those who are high in wisdom worthy of TEACHING other faithfuls, then we believe the same thing in that aspect! As for Music, we choose wisely our choice of entertainment, so if the song is secular each person decides on what his/her conscience can bear but regarding religious songs we don't welcome any because the song writer has no knowledge about our God therefore instead of praising HIM their lyrics always bring reproach on HIS Holy name. That's why we prefer secular musicians who only sing for our amusement or party times!
I'm confused here because i love gospel songs,so can you enlighten me on the reproach such could bring on God's holy name Thanks
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 17, 2018
Maximus69:
I'm confused here because i love gospel songs,so can you enlighten me on the reproach such could bring on God's holy name Thanks
Hmmmmmmmmmm WISDOM! I'll just give you a tip of it. What do you think about the National Anthems, Pledges and salutations of the various cote of arms across the globe? Well All of these keeps promoting nationalism in the midst of mankind and leading to racism. For example a Nigerian will say "I pledge to Nigeria my OWN country, to be 'faithful, loyal and honest'" you might be confused he/she is doing so to God but the next line says "to serve Nigeria with all my strength, to defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory" adding "so help me God". This means he/she will serve the Nationalistic goals of the country with all his/her heart in opposition to Mark 12:30 therefore creating unbreakable barricades against people from all other race. So can a Christian from Nigeria and Australia be united in FAITH when each is having this at heart? Moreover they're committing another grievous sin unknowingly! How? NOBODY can fulfill such a pledge,because if you must do so then you'll have to keep fighting hard against police officers collecting bride at the checkpoints, electrical personnels collecting bribe, speaking out always whenever anything happens to bring reproach on the image of Nigeria. All these you must keep doing since you've pledge "to serve Nigeria with all your strength,defend the honor and glory"! And true Christians mustn't pledge what they're sure they can't do,and to worsen the matter they'll crown it by saying "so help me God" embarassed embarassed embarassed Numbers 30:2 Please which of all these so called gospel singers knew this? So if they don't know simple things that's bringing reproach on God's holy name surely they can't know how to sing praises to our own God without reproach. That's why we'll prefer secular singers who only want to entertain US with amusement during party times. Thanks God bless you!
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by OneJ: 10:01am On Sep 17, 2018
Emusan:

The reason why you'll continue in your delusion is because your inability to explore the scripture by yourself but just stick to one verse the GB has already planted in your dull skull.

The content of Isaiah 43:
was it a future or present event? This is question a right seeker of true knowledge will ask..
Now look at the content..

"For I am Jehovah your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I have given Egypt as a ransom for you, E·thi·oʹpi·a and Seʹba in exchange for you. For you became precious in my eyes, You were honored, and I have loved you. So I will give people in place of you And nations in exchange for your life. Do not be afraid, for I am with you. I will bring your offspring from the east And gather you together from the west. I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’ And to the south, ‘Do not hold them back. Bring my sons from afar, and my daughters from the ends of the earth, Everyone who is called by my name And whom I created for my own glory, Whom I have formed and made.’ Bring out a people who are blind, though they have eyes, And who are deaf, though they have ears. Let all the nations assemble in one place, And let the peoples be gathered together. Who among them can tell this? Or can they cause us to hear the first things? Let them present their witnesses to prove themselves right, Or let them hear and say, ‘It is the truth!’ “You are my witnesses,” declares Jehovah, “Yes, my servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and have faith in me And understand that I am the same One. Before me no God was formed, And after me there has been none. Isa 43:3-10 NWT

Reading only verse 10 may seems supportive to your argument but reading entire content it shattered your point, as this wasn't an instruction or a command.

That's why we always tell you guy "STOP CHERRY-PICKED SCRIPTURE" read the entire content and understand what the writer is pointing to but your fake organization won't listen.

Compare this with Jesus statement:

So when they had assembled, they asked him: “Lord, are you restoring the kingdom to Israel at this time?” He said to them: “It does not belong to you to know the times or seasons that the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction. But you will receive power when the holy spirit comes upon you, and you will be witnesses of me in Jerusalem, in all Ju·deʹa and Sa·marʹi·a, and to the most distant part of the earth.” Acts1:6-8 NWT

Isaiah statement can be summarized as for what Jehovah has done for your forefathers as EVEN NO NATIONS can have such a WITNESS for their gods BUT YOU ISRAELITES YOU ARE MY WITNESS TO THESE THINGS.

Why Jesus statement can be summarized thus; what you ask for, isn't what you need now, your own is to just BE A WITNESS of me.

I have dealt with this.

Your own is to just ask anyone of them who are they witnesses for...then come back here to ranting.

As Jesus Christ tarries I'll continue to school you guys about scripture, so it's you who need to receive sense and make use of it.

Emusan, explain John 7:16, Acts 3:13,26..

Because of your fear fear, U removed them from my previous post. Those Bible verses wey U dey fear, exposes your lies.

" The God of Abraham and of Isaac & Jakob ,the God of our forefathers, has glorified His servant Jesus". whom U Emusan denied & rejected as the servant of Jehovah. Acts3:13.
" ...God sent his servant Jesus". Acts 3:26.

Jesus himself already confirmed he was sent by Jehovah, therefore, he is a Jehovah's witness, the servant of Jehovah, just as the Israelites .

"Jesus answered , my teaching is not my own. It come from him who sent me" John 7:16 .

"Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, my servants whom I have chosen" Isaiah 43:10.

U the cherry picker , dey accuse me of the very deed U had done, hypocrite.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 17, 2018
OneJ:

Emusan, explain John 7:16, Acts 3:13,26..

Because of your fear fear, U removed them from my previous post. Those Bible verses wey U dey fear, exposes your lies.

" The God of Abraham and of Isaac & Jakob ,the God of our forefathers, has glorified His servant Jesus". whom U Emusan denied & rejected as the servant of Jehovah. Acts3:13.
" ...God sent his servant Jesus". Acts 3:26.

Jesus himself already confirmed he was sent by Jehovah, therefore, he is a Jehovah's witness, the servant of Jehovah.

"Jesus answered , my teaching is not my own. It come from him who sent me" John 7:16 .

U cherry picked what to copy & paste from my post& U are here to accuse me of the very deed U had done, hypocrite.
Don't mind them, they assume Jehovah's Witnesses are like those hopeless morons they usually disturb in buses with their noises that out of intimidation will reluctantly say "Halleluyah" or "Amen" to whatever they're spewing in public places! No problem shebi this one wants to teach us the right group name for modern day servants of God. But when it's becoming obvious that he's not making any sense the next thing is agitation and angrily ignoring the ones he invited for a public debate. Awon Olodo cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by OneJ: 10:33am On Sep 17, 2018
In Acts 3:13,26, the Greek word "Pais" means servant ,child. Emusan , your so called "God" is a servant & child (son) of Jehovah , his Father.

(The apostle Peter in Acts 3:13,26, confirmed the God -given revelation that Jesus is the son & servant of the Living God,Jehovah. Matt 16:13-17)

"Jesus answered, my teaching is not my own. It comes from Him who sent me" John 7:16.

Receive sense IJNA
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 17, 2018
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmmmm WISDOM! I'll just give you a tip of it. What do you think about the National Anthems, Pledges and salutations of the various cote of arms across the globe? Well All of these keeps promoting nationalism in the midst of mankind and leading to racism. For example a Nigerian will say "I pledge to Nigeria my OWN country, to be 'faithful, loyal and honest'" you might be confused he/she is doing so to God but the next line says "to serve Nigeria with all my strength, to defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory" adding "so help me God". This means he/she will serve the Nationalistic goals of the country with all his/her heart in opposition to Mark 12:30 therefore creating unbreakable barricades against people from all other race. So can a Christian from Nigeria and Australia be united in FAITH when each is having this at heart? Moreover they're committing another grievous sin unknowingly! How? NOBODY can fulfill such a pledge,because if you must do so then you'll have to keep fighting hard against police officers collecting bride at the checkpoints, electrical personnels collecting bribe, speaking out always whenever anything happens to bring reproach on the image of Nigeria. All these you must keep doing since you've pledge "to serve Nigeria with all your strength,defend the honor and glory"! And true Christians mustn't pledge what they're sure they can't do,and to worsen the matter they'll crown it by saying "so help me God" embarassed embarassed embarassed Numbers 30:2 Please which of all these so called gospel singers knew this? So if they don't know simple things that's bringing reproach on God's holy name surely they can't know how to sing praises to our own God without reproach. That's why we'll prefer secular singers who only want to entertain US with amusement during party times. Thanks God bless you!
Hmmmmmmmmmm No wonder! Truthfully speaking such deep thoughts are too difficult for a lay man to handle. But what about the Psalms and Songs of Solomon? Are they well fitting for meditation as in praises?
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 17, 2018
Maximus69:
Hmmmmmmmmmm No wonder! Truthfully speaking such deep thoughts are too difficult for a lay man to handle. But what about the Psalms and Songs of Solomon? Are they well fitting for meditation as in praises?
They're from the generation of Israel, those who knew Jehovah's instructions and HIS attributes so during their meditations the spirit of God descends(1Samuel 16:16,24) on them giving them the right words to upbuilding and encourage the coming generations of Jehovah's witnesses.That is why there was NO record of songs from none worshippers of Jehovah in the Bible. Psalms 137:3 says "those Babylonians were mocking Jehovah's Witnesses saying 'sing for us those songs you sing in Zion(Jerusalem)" They were mocking them because Jehovah's witnesses has no regards for songs used for praises other than those composed in the temple in Jerusalem, Israel.Nehemiah 13:10 compared to Psalms 137:4 Today there are certainly many INSPIRED singers but the inspiration is not from Jehovah(Revelations 16:13,14) because Satan and his demons are everywhere polluting the air with all forms of entertainments (Ephesians 2:2). So true Christians can't isolate ourselves totally from entertainment (John 17:15)but we can choose wisely with our Bible trained conscience guided by God's holy spirit. We're Jehovah's Witnesses, whoever is not with US SPIRITUALLY speaking can't escape from the hands of Satan so as regards sacred services we can't expect upbuilding inspirational songs from them.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Barristter07: 4:47pm On Sep 17, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Have you gone mad?

Where did I disown Jesus or say He didn't die for mankind?

hahahaha Mi o le rerin o grin

Have you forgotten why you ran from the other thread ? You can't defend your claim that Jesus died for you grin

Here is the statement that expose you :

alBHAGDADI
The body and soul make up the person. .When the person dies, the soul leaves,

Sentence 1: Body and soul make up a person which means , When a person is alive it means their body and soul is alive and when a person dies, their body and soul is dead .

Sentence 2: grin grin how dare you substitute person for " Body " ? Fear ? you are actually saying when the body dies NOT person . that is a direct contradiction to sentence 1. For a person to be dead , body and soul MUST BE DEAD to agree with sentence 1.

AlBHAGDADI, if the person called Jesus is made up of body and soul , Does this person die [body and soul ] ?

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 17, 2018
Barristter07:

Have you forgotten why you ran from the other thread ? You can't defend your claim that Jesus died for you grin

Sentence 1: Body and soul make up a person which means , When a person is alive it means their body and soul is alive and when a person dies, their body and soul is dead .

Sentence 2: grin grin how dare you substitute person for " Body " ? Fear ? you are actually saying when the body dies NOT person . that is a direct contradiction to sentence 1. For a person to be dead , body and soul MUST BE DEAD to agree with sentence 1.

AlBHAGDADI, if the person called Jesus is made up of body and soul , Does this person die [body and soul ] ?
Why are you making jest of him na? Holy Ghost is teaching him and you're there revealing the flaws in the teachings! Be careful oooooooo. Or do you want him to get enraged again and repeat "have you gone mad?" "Awon Oponu Olodo" in fact those "confused dullards" are good for stand up comedians walahi. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Barristter07: 5:28pm On Sep 17, 2018
Emusan:

So with this , you agree that JWs are not the ONLY Christian, right?

With what ? Must you always assume , Just as you started the thread with assumption grin

Read the statement again
"Get your facts right next time before bringing up a useless thread as this based on Silly assumption Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians, if you don't have problem with other people distinguishing themselves with names like Redeemed , Methodist, Anglican, Living Faith , Catholic , You have no right to assume that because of their name , they are not Christian's .

Who are those you are ASSUMING are not Christians because of their name ? Jehovah's Witnesses

Those are the ones referenced at Blue . NOT all

I know you will come with this silly logic, but why do you people always quote Isaiah 43:10? If it's true that to witness for Jesus is to witness for Jehovah?

Then why is it that Herad of Jesus change to Jehovah witness?

But why didn't you people just use JESUS WITNESS instead of JEHOVAH'S WITNESS?

Did you people hate the name JESUS?

Why did Herad of Jesus Christ change to Jehovah witness, if there's no difference?

But you people can continue to deceive yourselves, whereas deep down you people know you're not Jesus Christ witnesses as found in the Bible.

@ Bold . There is nothing silly about the statement, Just admit you don't understand it and ask for clarification

There is no way you witness for Jehovah without witnessing for Jesus and vice versa . so that, we are Jehovah's Witnesses doesn't mean we do not witness Jesus.

Early Christians witness for Jehovah just as they witness for Jesus .

Peter testified this when he said :

" whereas you killed the Chief agent of life. But God raised him up from the dead, of which fact WE ARE WITNESSES " Act 3:15

Clearly they witness Jesus Christ and Jehovah God who raised him up from the dead

Apostle Paul confirmed this during a discourse when he said

" But if Christ has not been raised up ...Moreover , we are also found to be false WITNESSES of God, [Jehovah] because we have GIVEN WITNESS AGAINST GOD by saying that he raised up Christ , whom he did not raise up IF the dead are really not to be raised up" 1 Cor 15:14,15

Mr Emusan, are they Not witnesses for Jehovah God ?

grin Take care , you can close the thread

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Emusan(m): 7:11pm On Sep 17, 2018
Barristter07:
With what ? Must you always assume , Just as you started the thread with assumption grin

Read the statement again
"Get your facts right next time before bringing up a useless thread as this based on Silly assumption Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians, if you don't have problem with other people distinguishing themselves with names like Redeemed , Methodist, Anglican, Living Faith , Catholic. You have no right to assume that because of their name , they are not Christian's

I know you people lack simple comprehension.
No assumption from my post nor from the OP...

You said "JWs ARE CHRISTIANS if I don't have problem with OTHER PEOPLE", which means the way these OTHER PEOPLE ARE CHRISTIANS but not answering the name Christian is the same thing with JWs.

That's why I asked, with your statement do you agree that JWs are NOT ONLY CHRISTIAN?

Who are those you are ASSUMING are not Christians because of their name ? Jehovah's Witnesses

Had it been you take time to read OP you wouldn't have typed this nonsense. The op quoted a claim made by your organization and what the op demanded for is an EVIDENCE for their claim.

Which you people never answered but just perambulating.

@ Bold . There is nothing silly about the statement, Just admit you don't understand it and ask for clarification

You should admit you don't understand yourself first.

There is no way you witness for Jehovah without witnessing for Jesus and vice versa . so that, we are Jehovah's Witnesses doesn't mean we do not witness Jesus.

Where was Jehovah instructed you to witness for Him to the extent of naming yourself JEHOVAH WITNESS?

This is just your pure assumption not an instruction...but the evidence from the scripture is:
1. Jehovah Himself witnesses for Jesus
2. The Holy Spirit witnesses for Jesus
3. The prophets are witnesses of Jesus
4. The early saints are all witnesses of Jesus.
5. Why are you witnessing for Jehovah?

Early Christians witness for Jehovah just as they witness for Jesus .

Peter testified this when he said :

" whereas you killed the Chief agent of life. But God raised him up from the dead, of which fact WE ARE WITNESSES " Act 3:15

Clearly they witness Jesus Christ and Jehovah God who raised him up from the dead

That's still the same excuse, since witnessing for Jehovah also means witnessing for Jesus, then WHY DID YOUR ORGANIZATION CHANGE FROM HERALD FOR Jesus to Jehovah witness?[b]

If not there is a point to drive at.

Look at this quote from your organization:
"THE Greek word for “witness” is martyr, from which comes the English word “martyr,” meaning “one who bears witness by his death.” [b]Many first-century Christians gave a witness about Jehovah by dying for their faith"
Modern-day martyrs bears witnesses in Sweden

Where can this statement be found in the Bible?
Rev 17:6 is where statement like this appears and it is for Jesus but see how your organization removed Jesus from the equation and put Jehovah.

So coming online pretending as if what you do for Jehovah is what you do for Jesus whereas deep down inside of you people, Jesus has no place.

Everything about Jesus has been replaced by Jehovah.

Apostle Paul confirmed this during a discourse when he said

" But if Christ has not been raised up ...Moreover , we are also found to be false WITNESSES of God, [Jehovah] because we have GIVEN WITNESS AGAINST GOD by saying that he raised up Christ , whom he did not raise up IF the dead are really not to be raised up" 1 Cor 15:14,15

are they Not witnesses for Jehovah God ?

grin Take care , you can close the thread

Yet you couldn't answer my question.

Why did your organization change from HERALD FOR JESUS to JWs, if witnessing for Jesus also means witnessing for Jehovah?

I can see your gross misunderstanding of what Apostle Paul said, here is how to understand it "And we apostles would all be lying about God - for WE HAVE SAID GOD RAISED CHRIST FROM THE GRAVE..."

The point here is, saying resurrection isn't real means God is lying.

This is different from going place to place CLAIMING they are witnesses of Jehovah.

What Jesus told Ananias about Paul was "...to bear MY NAME before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel"
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 8:38pm On Sep 17, 2018
Barristter07:

Perhaps you got me wrong.

A person consist of body and soul. When the body dies, the soul goes on living. Those that died in Christ, have their soul continue living in heaven, while those that died not accepting Christ have their end up in hell.

But according to JW, once a man dies, that is the end of his body and soul. You do not believe the soul keeps on living. The below verse shows Jesus saying men can kill the body but cannot touch the soul. If man can kill the body but can do anything to the soul, isn't that saying that the soul continues to live?

Mathew 10:28

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

You JW with your false doctrine have cleverly but stupidly labeled hell as mankind's common grave. Of it is mankind's common grave, won't that make the statement by Jesus wrong when he said men can only destroy the body but can't do the same to the soul? If hell is grave, the wicked men who murder people have succeeded in destroying the body and soul since they both end up in hell. But that isn't the case, because it is only God who can destroy the soul. When a man dies, his body becomes dust while his souls goes to heaven as a child of God or hell as one who rejected Jesus. During the resurrection, they not come back into the bodies for final judgement. The wicked then gets sent to hell both body and soul, which is the second death.

If after this explanation, you still go about saying I said Jesus didn't die, then that is your own cup of tea.

BTW, is this an attempt to detail this thread from the flogging you guys are receiving?
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 9:00pm On Sep 17, 2018
TATIME:
The Holy Spirit is evident when those claiming to have faith are WORKING out what is fine within them.JWs are unitedly worshipping as brothers and sisters across the globe, they have eliminated racial discrimination amidst them, they're topping the list in lasting marriages, they're the most law-abiding and peaceful in the community, preaching and teaching zealously across the globe and you're there saying "They don't have the Holy Spirit" Please without the fine WORKS your FAITH is inactive or DEAD! James 2:26
So people who go about zealously spreading heresies can also be said to have the Holy Spirit, simply because they do works?

You are still yet to answer my question. Those doors you knock on, aren't they Christians? If they are, then shouldn't that tell you that the zealous work you guys are doing is pure scam? Trying to save the already saved?

You have been hammering on this talk that it is only JW that preach from door to door, despite us showing you that those doors belong to people who are already Christians and we're saved by people of churches which existed long before Russell of JW was born.

Now, of you claim JW is better than other Christians, doesn't that make you people Pharisees? Remember that Pharisee that was boasting before God that he is glad he is not like that other man over there because he fast and pays his tithes? In JW case, you guys are modern day Pharisees for thinking you are better than other Christians because you go from door to door. Let any man who thinks he stands take heed lest he falls. You guys think you are the best because you go from door to door, whereas the people you are knocking on their doors are already Christians. Go to a Muslim country and knock on their doors there and save them just as missionaries risked their lives to bring the gospel to Africa.

Bloody Pharisees.

Like 18:10-14

Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 9:14pm On Sep 17, 2018
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmm you tried my friend but your interpretation has flaws! Because Jesus said "people will IDENTITY His followers by the love they have amongst themselves" John 13:35 therefore there must be a certain group that every other religious groups will notice that "they love their members" and secondly all other religious groups will have intense hatred for them. Matthew 10:22 compared with John 17:14 . Moreover the scriptures said these group will "no more learn war" meaning you can't find military men in their midst! Isaiah 2:2-3, Micah 4:1-3 Definitely they won't have anything to do with POLITICS (Satan's main tool of causing division,strife and enmity amongst mankind) If Christianity is just an individual thing,then a Muslim don't need to cross over to the churches because he/she already believed in Jesus (Yeshua)!
What a dub response coming from a JW who puts his organization above God's word.

The lady is talking about salvation being a personal race, yet you were still able to fraudulently swing it back into "belonging to an organization". Did that thieve on the cross who got save belong to any organization?

Look at the way you cleverly tried to malenitbseem like the JW are the followers of Jesus who will be hated Your people are drunk in your self-importance that you actually think people hate you. Mind you, people don't give a damn about you. We just see you guys as some confused sect or set of humans. You claim we hate you, yet you are the ones always printing publications upon publications against Christendom. If Christendom decided to cool half of the hate meal you usually cook against us, I can bet that you go extinct in no time.

Lastly, you say a Muslim believes in Jesus. Who told you that? Did you read it from your Awake magazine or the Asleep one? Islam believes Jesus is not the son of God, he didn't die not to talk of resurrecting. Aren't those believes held by its adherents contradictory to what Jesus said about himself? Some of your doctrines shownthay you are on league with Muslims

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Barristter07: 10:04pm On Sep 17, 2018
Emusan:

I know you people lack simple comprehension.
No assumption from my post nor from the OP...

You said "JWs ARE CHRISTIANS if I don't have problem with OTHER PEOPLE", which means the way these OTHER PEOPLE ARE CHRISTIANS but not answering the name Christian is the same thing with JWs.

That's why I asked, with your statement do you agree that JWs are NOT ONLY CHRISTIAN?

Had it been you take time to read OP you wouldn't have typed this nonsense. The op quoted a claim made by your organization and what the op demanded for is an EVIDENCE for their claim.

Which you people never answered but just perambulating.

Your op is total assumption. Especially question 2 which tend to assume that if Christians are Different from Jehovah's witnesses, there should not have been anything like Early Christians BUT early Jehovah's witnesses , trying to substitute one for the other . now it backfires , Sorry

To your question:
All those mentioned also claim to be Christians , but For a Fact Jehovah's Witnesses are the true Christians today!

That's exactly what draw people like Me to this humble people who follow the footstep of early Christians.

Fact is it has been established that Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians contrary to your Op

Funny enough if dem ask which witness una dey give about Jesus now na Jesus is God go be una answer, typical trinitarian reasoning .

You should admit you don't understand yourself first.

Where was Jehovah instructed you to witness for Him to the extent of naming yourself JEHOVAH WITNESS?

This is just your pure assumption not an instruction...but the evidence from the scripture is:
1. Jehovah Himself witnesses for Jesus
2. The Holy Spirit witnesses for Jesus
3. The prophets are witnesses of Jesus
4. The early saints are all witnesses of Jesus.
5. Why are you witnessing for Jehovah?

We witness for Jehovah just as Early Christians witness about him . there is no way you discuss the ransom of Christ without acknowledging the source of such great Love Jehovah.

1 Corinthian 15:15 , Apostle Paul refer to themselves as Witnesses of Jehovah.

Didn't they ? grin

That's still the same excuse, since witnessing for Jehovah also means witnessing for Jesus, then WHY DID YOUR ORGANIZATION CHANGE FROM HERALD FOR Jesus to Jehovah witness?[b]

If not there is a point to drive at.

Look at this quote from your organization:
"THE Greek word for “witness” is martyr, from which comes the English word “martyr,” meaning “one who bears witness by his death.” [b]Many first-century Christians gave a witness about Jehovah by dying for their faith"
Modern-day martyrs bears witnesses in Sweden

Where can this statement be found in the Bible?
Rev 17:6 is where statement like this appears and it is for Jesus but see how your organization removed Jesus from the equation and put Jehovah.

So coming online pretending as if what you do for Jehovah is what you do for Jesus whereas deep down inside of you people, Jesus has no place.

Everything about Jesus has been replaced by Jehovah.

I repeat! There is no way to witness about Jesus without Witnessing Jehovah God who send him.

Your issue is when you talk about witnessing for Jesus , Its Trinity coming into your head . And that's not the witness of Jesus Given in the Scriptures

Witnessing about Jesus has to do with the salvation assignment given him by his God , which he faithfully did . it also includes bearing witness to his ressurection from the dead ,, [ The Jews spread a rumour that Jesus wasn't ressurected , This the disciples proved false and bear witness to the fact that Jesus Christ was Ressurected ]

Yet you couldn't answer my question.

Why did your organization change from HERALD FOR JESUS to JWs, if witnessing for Jesus also means witnessing for Jehovah?

I can see your gross misunderstanding of what Apostle Paul said, here is how to understand it "And we apostles would all be lying about God - for WE HAVE SAID GOD RAISED CHRIST FROM THE GRAVE..."

The point here is, saying resurrection isn't real means God is lying.

This is different from going place to place CLAIMING they are witnesses of Jehovah.

What Jesus told Ananias about Paul was "...to bear MY NAME before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel"

Witnesses today Also bear Jesus name before people in their preaching work.

But Since true worshippers will worship the Father - the name Jehovah's Witnesses set them apart from the million other false worshippers worshipping the Trinity. ( John 4:23)

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Barristter07: 10:10pm On Sep 17, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Perhaps you got me wrong.

A person consist of body and soul. When the body dies, the soul goes on living. Those that died in Christ, have their soul continue living in heaven, while those that died not accepting Christ have their end up in hell.

But according to JW, once a man dies, that is the end of his body and soul. You do not believe the soul keeps on living. The below verse shows Jesus saying men can kill the body but cannot touch the soul. If man can kill the body but can do anything to the soul, isn't that saying that the soul continues to live?

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

You JW with your false doctrine have cleverly but stupidly labeled hell as mankind's common grave. Of it is mankind's common grave, won't that make the statement by Jesus wrong when he said men can only destroy the body but can't do the same to the soul? If hell is grave, the wicked men who murder people have succeeded in destroying the body and soul since they both end up in hell. But that isn't the case, because it is only God who can destroy the soul. When a man dies, his body becomes dust while his souls goes to heaven as a child of God or hell as one who rejected Jesus. During the resurrection, they not come back into the bodies for final judgement. The wicked then gets sent to hell both body and soul, which is the second death.

If after this explanation, you still go about saying I said Jesus didn't die, then that is your own cup of tea.

BTW, is this an attempt to detail this thread from the flogging you guys are receiving?

Hmmm Ogbeni AlBHAGDADI grin grin

The Bolded, the Soul continue to live on. It means the individuals proceed to either heaven or hell . the individual himself didn't die , what dies is the body

The individual [soul ] called Jesus didn't die just his body ?

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Jozzy4: 10:19pm On Sep 17, 2018
Barristter07:

The Bolded, the Soul continue to live on. It means the individuals proceed to either heaven or hell . the individual himself didn't die , what dies is the body

Lolzzzzzz
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Jozzy4: 10:27pm On Sep 17, 2018
Emusan:

Hypocrite hiding under someone's post!

Reply to your first post if you dare not.

It's now you see that these church names also the same with Jehovah witness but forgotten that these people never said they witnesses for Jehovah but for Jesus.

Can you provide an evidence for this?

See lies, Jesus said His teaching is not His that's but you people only use Isaiah 43:10 to proof that you're the only person following Jehovah instruction.

Show me where Jehovah said you should witness for him, that's what have been demanding from you since.

English is not your problem even Isaiah 43:10 isn't an instruction/command.

Isaiah 40:10 "You are my witness..." compare to
Acts 1:8 "You SHALL BE my witness.."

I'm still waiting for your answer to why Herad for Christ changes to Jehovah witness if witnesses for Jesus and Jehovah are the same.

Wake up from sleep man

What are you typing ?
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Jozzy4: 10:44pm On Sep 17, 2018
Emusan:

Your NWT inserted "OTHER" what the correct Bible says is 'He has been given a name that is above every name'

Same line of weak excuse...
The question you should have asked yourself is, did Jesus allow them to die believing a lie if your claim actually true? Not all of them died without knowing the truth...
But why would the same Jesus allow Russel to die believing lies?

because the last time I check
Russell was not a Jehovah witness but "herad of Christ"

Russell died believing many things that are against JWs teaching today...yet today JWs still honored him.

See this: [b]In response to the radical new direction Rutherford was taking the Watchtower Society, many left the Organization and formed independent Bible Student groups. In an effort to distance his followers from this "evil slave class," Rutherford introduced the distinguishing name Jehovah's Witnesses. This is introduced by a convention resolution, described in the
Watchtower 1931 Sep 15 page 278 and discussed in detail in the article "A New Name" Oct 1 page 291.

You don't understand it rather you always bring ridiculous excuses to justify it instead of asking yourself some thoughtful questions.

Lolzzzzzzz Herald of Christ is their name ? Man stop swallowing all the gibberish you found online. No wonder someone said all your words are based on assumptions
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Jozzy4: 10:52pm On Sep 17, 2018
budaatum:

Seriously? Jesus is the new Jehovah?

I kind of feel Jesus did not elevate himself above Jehovah and ask to be worshipped instead, as you're claiming, or they might have crucified him!

Spot on! They are all ignorant fellows , what you pointed out is what gave birth to this irrelevant thread , He expect Jehovah's witnesses to Worship Jesus , this he translated to witnessing about Jesus . Instead Jesus himself worshipped the true God John 4:23,24 . and declare that Faithful and worshippers would worship his Father . I can't laugh grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 3:28am On Sep 18, 2018
Barristter07:

The individual dies. Or does the body keep on living? No, but the soul does pending when it is time for the second death when both the soul and body are destroyed by God in the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:8 King James Version (KJV)
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

But your JW heretic doctrine says otherwise. I now wonder why you couldn't tackle my biblically backed up point with Bible verse. Look at the verse below.

Ecclesiastes 12:7

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

James 2:26

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Genesis 35:18

And it came to pass, as her soul was in departing, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni: but his father called him Benjamin.

Mathew 27:50

Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

As. you can see, death is defined as the spirit departing the body, not both body and spirit dying. Even when both body and spirit die, which occurs during the second death, it still doesn't mean they seize to exist; they suffer eternal punishment in the lake of fire.

But you JW have cleverly developed a false doctrine which states that the spirit is a breathe which God put in man during creation. But you forget that the breathe of life is what makes man (formerly dust) a living soul.

Genesis 2:7 King James Version (KJV)
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Man was formerly dust. God breathed life into him, he becomes a living soul. He is not only flesh from dust but now a living soul. That dust becomes a living soul which departs when the flesh returns to dust.

You guys claim spirit is ordinary breathe. No wonder you also say the Holy Spirit, which the Bible says is a person who hears and teaches, is just an active force. You have belittled Jesus. You have belittled the Holy Spirit. And now you are belittling God.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Barristter07: 8:27am On Sep 18, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
The individual dies. Or does the body keep on living? No, but the soul does pending when it is time for the second death when both the soul and body are destroyed by God in the lake of fire.

grin grin grin grin buhahahaha I know it would get to this.

You are now tirelessly looking for a way out that you didn't notice you have contradicted your earlier stance

You said a person is made up of body and soul

Now a person or individual is just the body .

the Question is: If soul is not the individual or person, what Is Soul ?

But your JW heretic doctrine says otherwise. I now wonder why you couldn't tackle my biblically backed up point with Bible verse. Look at the verse below.

Ecclesiastes 12:7

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

James 2:26

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Genesis 35:18

And it came to pass, as her soul was in departing, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni: but his father called him Benjamin.

Mathew 27:50

Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

As. you can see, death is defined as the spirit departing the body, not both body and spirit dying. Even when both body and spirit die, which occurs during the second death, it still doesn't mean they seize to exist; they suffer eternal punishment in the lake of fire.

But you JW have cleverly developed a false doctrine which states that the spirit is a breathe which God put in man during creation. But you forget that the breathe of life is what makes man (formerly dust) a living soul.

Genesis 2:7 King James Version (KJV)
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Man was formerly dust.
God breathed life into him, he becomes a living soul. He is not only flesh from dust but now a living soul. That dust becomes a living soul which departs when the flesh returns to dust.

You guys claim spirit is ordinary breathe. No wonder you also say the Holy Spirit, which the Bible says is a person who hears and teaches, is just an active force. You have belittled Jesus. You have belittled the Holy Spirit. And now you are belittling God.

Hahaha hahahaha grin its not easy .

" For he well knows how we are formed, REMEMBERING that we ARE DUST " Psalm 103:14

Don't worry I will mention you on My thread soon. Defend your believe in Jesus ransom . grin

2 Likes

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 6:53pm On Sep 18, 2018
Barristter07:

grin grin grin grin buhahahaha I know it would get to this.

You are now tirelessly looking for a way out that you didn't notice you have contradicted your earlier stance

You said a person is made up of body and soul

Now a person or individual is just the body .

the Question is: If soul is not the individual or person, what Is Soul ?
Stop trying to be cunning.

I used verses upon verses to show you that the Bible defines death in two ways. Yet you are still asking this dumb question.

Barristter07:

Hahaha hahahaha grin its not easy .

" For he well knows how we are formed, REMEMBERING that we ARE DUST " Psalm 103:14

Don't worry I will mention you on My thread soon. Defend your believe in Jesus ransom . grin
Yes, we are dust. But have you forgotten the breathe of life that made us a living soul? If we are all dust, then what do we give up when they say a man has given up the ghost?

I believe you are just using this to detail the thread. Stay on topic or create another thread for this.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Ochiawutonnanna(m): 7:44pm On Sep 18, 2018
Can someone please tell me if Jesus is black or white man, and don’t say color dose not matter, if that will be your answer please give me a scripture so I can read it for myself.
Do we even know who we are are we part of chosen people that Christ died for or came for.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Ochiawutonnanna(m): 7:49pm On Sep 18, 2018
Barrister07
A soul is within a person, you might say is both.
Jehova withness is a denomination, “Christians “
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 18, 2018
Ochiawutonnanna:
Barrister07
A soul is within a person, you might say is both.
Jehova withness is a denomination, “Christians “
Whatever cheesy cheesy cheesy We're just comfortable with that group name, at least everyone knows that no matter how hard others are trying to claim Christianity Jehovah's Witnesses are totally different from all other religious groups and we're happy to be. God bless you!

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Ochiawutonnanna(m): 8:02pm On Sep 18, 2018
we should not judge them, is just a name that they wanna be called. just like John beared witness to christ and the apostles and prophets beat witness of God so the Jehovah witness wanna bear witness of God which christ came, don't you think so?

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Ochiawutonnanna(m): 8:05pm On Sep 18, 2018
this is my first time here am trying to figure out how this page works

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy / Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) / You Are In A Computer - Everything You Know Is A Lie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.