Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? (11906 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 16, 2018
suregalluv:

Why should you go against the principle? There's no one who can claim to worship Jehovah if he doesn't go through Jesus. The only source to the Father is through the Son.
It's like you're not viewing the matter from another standpoint, anybody claiming to worship Jehovah today can only do so rightly if he/she is STRICTLY adhering to the instructions from God's only begotten son. So apart from the lip services which Jesus Himself condemns {Matthew 15:8} please try to meditate on the ACTIVITIES of JWs and tell me just one of the INSTRUCTIONS from Jesus that JWs have left untouched.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 8:45am On Sep 16, 2018
TATIME:
You're reproving their lies now by asking them to stop practicing their own religion, i thought Jesus sent His own followers to go and meet people in their homes so that they can learn not only through words but including your actions as they're seeing you face to face,not facelessly and namelessly hiding behind social media.
Is social media prohibited by the Bible or one of the fastest ways through which the gospel can be spread? Why are you so against social media preaching? Is social media not a bit equivalent to those letters Paul wrote to different people? Is the Bible not also a medium?

I ask you again, the people you are going to knock on their door to preach to them, who made them Christians?

The answer to the question will show you clearly that JW are the people with another doctrine which Paul warned against.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 8:51am On Sep 16, 2018
TATIME:
He instructed "all to do that" but why is it that throughout the world it's only JWs that are known for zealously doing it in their neighborhood
Are you a Nigerian?

If yes, then don't tell me that you've never seen someone preach to you inside a commercial bus, at the bus stop or o. the streets.

Are those preachers JW also?

You have been brainwashed to think it is only JW that go around preaching. This has blinded you Friday even seeing others who do the same and much more better.

grin
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Is social media prohibited by the Bible or one of the fastest ways through which the gospel can be spread? Why are you so against social media preaching? Is social media not a bit equivalent to those letters Paul wrote to different people? Is the Bible not also a medium?

I ask you again, the people you are going to knock on their door to preach to them, who made them Christians?

The answer to the question will show you clearly that JW are the people with another doctrine which Paul warned against.
WRONG! Paul was addressing his letters to Christians. 1Corinthians 1:2 When it comes to preaching to unbelievers Paul goes from house to house(Act 20:20) and it's after these ones have become Christians that he later write letters to them as c
Congregations(Churches).Galatians 1:2 So if you don't understand all these things,then JWs should come and preach to you because you're NOT YET a Christian. Act 18:24-26
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 8:59am On Sep 16, 2018
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmmmm well if it's truly an individual thing then Jesus wouldn't have chosen 12 as Apostles to oversee the coming multitude that will later become His followers. Act 2:42 Because under such an "individual" arrangement,there won't be a central GOVERNING BODY controlling the worldwide group called Christians. undecided undecided undecided And as for members with questionable lifestyles,that's why Christians were admonished to continue meeting together for the sake of encouraging one another in continuing with the fine works(Hebrews 10:24,25) they've learnt from Christ since they were not born with holiness but trying to put on a NEW PERSONALITY. Ephesian 4:24, Colossians 3:10 As they keep up been with the organization, they're washing their robes(old personality) in the blood of the lamb. Revelations 22:14

The Bible doesn't support central GOVERNING BODY. Christ is the Head of the Church, and that same Christ lives in us through the Holy Spirit. If you have the Holy Spirit, you can understand the word of God. We are now the temple of God.

You don't need some 8 old men in New York called the GB to force-feed you. All you need is the Holy Spirit to walk with God. Though sometimes you need some brothers who are well-grounded and have been walking with the Holy Spirit longer than you, this does not include the GB. The GB doesn't have the Holy Spirit because they have belittled it by saying it is just an active force. Ask a JW singer has the active force in him, he will say no. But look at what Paul said below

Romans 8:6-10:
“For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness”
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 9:02am On Sep 16, 2018
TATIME:
WRONG! Paul was addressing his letters to Christians. 1Corinthians 1:2 When it comes to preaching to unbelievers Paul goes from house to house(Act 20:20) and it's after these ones have become Christians that he later write letters to them as c
Congregations(Churches).Galatians 1:2 So if you don't understand all these things,then JWs should come and preach to you because you're NOT YET a Christian. Act 18:24-26

The social media letters I'm writing to you, is it not because you are not a Christian, which you admitted to (Emusan can attest to it)? grin

Mind you, if I don't go door to door, that doesn't mean others aren't doing it. Stop using just one instance to generalize. That makes you an illiterate.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Are you a Nigerian?

If yes, then don't tell me that you've never seen someone preach to you inside a commercial bus, at the bus stop or o. the streets.

Are those preachers JW also?

You have been brainwashed to think it is only JW that go around preaching. This has blinded you Friday even seeing others who do the same and much more better.

grin
How do you call that EFFECTIVE preaching when the scriptures said Jesus' voice would not be heard in the streets? Matthew 12:19 cheesy cheesy cheesy John the baptist Was the last prophet to do that and Jesus said John is not equal to Christians in the sight of God because he preached not according to the pattern set by the Christ.Matthew 11:11 As for Christ and Christians, the door to door preaching method is effective with efficacy, so that you can PRIVATELY ask questions from the preachers which will eventually lead to teaching you what you don't understand.John 3:1-3 Who will ask a noise maker in a public bus a question. cheesy cheesycheesy
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 9:15am On Sep 16, 2018
TATIME:
How do you call that EFFECTIVE preaching when the scriptures said Jesus' voice would not be heard in the streets? Matthew 12:19 cheesy cheesy cheesy John the baptist Was the last prophet to do that and Jesus said John is not equal to Christians in the sight of God because he preached not according to the pattern set by the Christ.Matthew 11:11 As for Christ and Christians, the door to door preaching method is effective with efficacy, so that you can PRIVATELY ask questions from the preachers which will eventually lead to teaching you what you don't understand.John 3:1-3 Who will ask a noise maker in a public bus a question. cheesy cheesycheesy

Are you Jesus Christ that your voice should not be heard in the streets?

Peter was also a noisemaker for preaching in public shortly after the Pentecost.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

The social media letters I'm writing to you, is it not because you are not a Christian, which you admitted to (Emusan can attest to it)? grin

Mind you, if I don't go door to door, that doesn't mean others aren't doing it. Stop using just one instance to generalize. That makes you an illiterate.
Yes! I can recollect that,because i said earlier that i'm not a Christian. But just a Jehovah's witnesses efficiently POINTING out to a Christian from the scriptures how things ought to be done in Christianity. Whereas a "competent and equipped" Christian(2Timothy 3:16,17) is ONLY quoting popular practices in his neighborhood without any reference to the scriptures. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by suregalluv(f): 9:19am On Sep 16, 2018
TATIME:
It's like you're not viewing the matter from another standpoint, anybody claiming to worship Jehovah today can only do so rightly if he/she is STRICTLY adhering to the instructions from God's only begotten son. So apart from the lip services which Jesus Himself condemns {Matthew 15:8} please try to meditate on the ACTIVITIES of JWs and tell me just one of the INSTRUCTIONS from Jesus that JWs have left untouched.

Hmm. You have been highly indoctrinated that you do not know the truth. Seek the kingdom of God wholeheartedly, be baptised with the Holy Spirit and fire and you'll come to know the truth. You're indirectly worshipping your organisation as the best organisation.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Are you Jesus Christ that your voice should not be heard in the streets?

Peter was also a noisemaker for preaching in public shortly after the Pentecost.
Peter spoke to Jews who knew what's in the scriptures but having misdirected zeal. Not those who knew nothing about God's word! Act 2:14
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by suregalluv(f): 9:22am On Sep 16, 2018
TATIME:

So you're saying apart from someone's house you can't preach elsewhere? So even preaching to someone on the street is wrong? There's no fixed venue to preach to unbelievers, you preach to people anywhere and anytime!
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 16, 2018
suregalluv:

Hmm. You have been highly indoctrinated that you do not know the truth. Seek the kingdom of God wholeheartedly, be baptised with the Holy Spirit and fire and you'll come to know the truth. You're indirectly worshipping your organisation as the best organisation.
Haaaaaaaaa did i hear you say "the kingdom of God"? Please tell me a SINGLE THING that you know Jesus preached and taught people about the kingdom of God.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by suregalluv(f): 9:28am On Sep 16, 2018
TATIME:
Yes! I can recollect that,because i said earlier that i'm not a Christian. But just a Jehovah's witnesses efficiently POINTING out to a Christian from the scriptures how things ought to be done in Christianity. Whereas a "competent and equipped" Christian(2Timothy 3:16,17) is ONLY quoting popular practices in his neighborhood without any reference to the scriptures. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Only those who follow Christ are "Christians" and you can't be a witness to the Father when you do not follow the Son. You're only saying things out of doctrines made by man. Only when you have been baptised with Holy Ghost and fire that you'll know how and what to point out.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 16, 2018
suregalluv:

So you're saying apart from someone's house you can't preach elsewhere? So even preaching to someone on the street is wrong? There's no fixed venue to preach to unbelievers, you preach to people anywhere and anytime!
Yes! It's appropriate to preach to one person at a time so that such a person could ask thought provoking questions which a Christian fully competent and completely equipped must provide answers from the scriptures. But spewing rubbish into the air without a particular person to who you're directing your messages is just unchristian.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by suregalluv(f): 9:30am On Sep 16, 2018
TATIME:
Haaaaaaaaa did i hear you say "the kingdom of God"? Please tell me a SINGLE THING that you know Jesus preached and taught people about the kingdom of God.

Every parable Jesus taught spoke about the kingdom of God. Lack of knowledge has really blinded your eyes.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by suregalluv(f): 9:32am On Sep 16, 2018
TATIME:
Yes! It's appropriate to preach to one person at a time so that such a person could ask thought provoking questions which a Christian fully competent and completely equipped must provide answers from the scriptures. But spewing rubbish into the air without a particular person to who you're directing your messages is just unchristian.

You didn't answer my question.
I asked of preaching to someone on the street.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 9:32am On Sep 16, 2018
TATIME:
Peter spoke to Jews who knew what's in the scriptures but having misdirected zeal. Not those who knew nothing about God's word! Act 2:14
Were the jews Christians? Did they know Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit? NO.

Have JW been misguided like the jews? Yes.

Are they Christians? No, because they lack the Holy Spirit in them because they deny it by saying it is just an active force.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 16, 2018
suregalluv:

Only those who follow Christ are "Christians" and you can't be a witness to the Father when you do not follow the Son. You're only saying things out of doctrines made by man. Only when you have been baptised with Holy Ghost and fire that you'll know how and what to point out.
OK! So you've been baptized by the Holy Ghost, but can't defend your beliefs with references from the scriptures. Hmmmmmmmmmm there are strange Christian aliens today oooooooo. Please who baptized you with that Holy Ghost so that your beliefs can't be explained from the scriptures? Isaiah 54:17 cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 16, 2018
suregalluv:

You didn't answer my question.
I asked of preaching to someone on the street.
Preaching to someone on the street could only make sense if you are going back to teach such a person more about your previous discussion (Act 15:36)but it becomes meaningless when there is no chance of going to TEACH the person to whom you have preached. Matthew 28:20
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 9:41am On Sep 16, 2018
TATIME:
First and foremost, the door to door preaching is done today and way before JW was born. That's how Christianity became huge in Africa.

Secondly, other methods are still efficient and bible grounded. Public preaching which you say is noise making, is no different from what Paul did in Athens. According to JW, Paul was a noisemakers and his method was not effective. Yet they read his letters. Calling public preaching noise makes you JW no different from Epicurean and stoic philosophers whom Paul encountered.

Paul Preaches in Athens

Acts 17:16-33 New Living Translation (NLT)

While Paul was waiting for them in Athens, he was deeply troubled by all the idols he saw everywhere in the city. He went to the synagogue to reason with the Jews and the God-fearing Gentiles, and he spoke daily in the public square to all who happened to be there.

He also had a debate with some of the Epicurean and Stoic philosophers. When he told them about Jesus and his resurrection, they said, “What’s this babbler trying to say with these strange ideas he’s picked up?” Others said, “He seems to be preaching about some foreign gods.”
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 9:43am On Sep 16, 2018
TATIME:
Preaching to someone on the street could only make sense if you are going back to teach such a person more about your previous discussion (Act 15:36)but it becomes meaningless when there is no chance of going to TEACH the person to whom you have preached. Matthew 28:20
So, it is everybody that the apostles preached to that they later went back to visit. Did Philip go back to meet that Ethiopian man?
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by suregalluv(f): 9:49am On Sep 16, 2018
TATIME:
OK! So you've been baptized by the Holy Ghost, but can't defend your beliefs with references from the scriptures. Hmmmmmmmmmm there are strange Christian aliens today oooooooo. Please who baptized you with that Holy Ghost so that your beliefs can't be explained from the scriptures? Isaiah 54:17 cheesy cheesy cheesy

But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak; for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.
Matthew 10:19‭-‬20 NKJV

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
I Corinthians 2:12‭-‬13 NKJV

“As for Me,” says the Lord , “this is My covenant with them: My Spirit who is upon you, and My words which I have put in your mouth, shall not depart from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your descendants, nor from the mouth of your descendants’ descendants,” says the Lord , “from this time and forevermore.”
Isaiah 59:21 NKJV

What do you have to say about these? How would you deny the existence of the Holy Spirit?
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by suregalluv(f): 9:51am On Sep 16, 2018
TATIME:

That is why you ask for the person's contact in order to reach out to the person.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by suregalluv(f): 9:52am On Sep 16, 2018
TATIME:

That is why you get the person's contacts to reach out to the person and then you pray for the person to be convicted and repent.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 16, 2018
suregalluv:

But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak; for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.
Matthew 10:19‭-‬20 NKJV

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
I Corinthians 2:12‭-‬13 NKJV

“As for Me,” says the Lord , “this is My covenant with them: My Spirit who is upon you, and My words which I have put in your mouth, shall not depart from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your descendants, nor from the mouth of your descendants’ descendants,” says the Lord , “from this time and forevermore.”
Isaiah 59:21 NKJV

What do you have to say about these? How would you deny the existence of the Holy Spirit?
It's you that's denying the spirit in another person simply because we're not conforming to your popular and generally accepted way of doing things. If you say you have the spirit but now criticising others for also going about zealously preaching and teaching what they know about the kingdom of God,what are the WORKS you're doing that's a proof to disqualify them? Galatians 5:22,23
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by suregalluv(f): 10:15am On Sep 16, 2018
TATIME:
It's you that's denying the spirit in another person simply because we're not conforming to your popular and generally accepted way of doing things. If you say you have the spirit but now criticising others for also going about zealously preaching and teaching what they know about the kingdom of God,what are the WORKS you're doing that's a proof to disqualify them? Galatians 5:22,23

You are going about preaching and teaching yet you do not believe in the Holy Ghost.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 16, 2018
suregalluv:

That is why you get the person's contacts to reach out to the person and then you pray for the person to be convicted and repent.
Correct! So preaching to the air with no particular person as an audience in focus is tantamount to nonsense. Because must get his contact so as to go back and pay him/her a return visit. Act 15:36 That means the public preachers in buses aren't doing anything for Christ if we're to go by the examples of how things were done by the early Christians found in the scriptures. grin grin grin
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 16, 2018
suregalluv:

You are going about preaching and teaching yet you do not believe in the Holy Ghost.
You're going back to the previous arguments again! Well, go and read what Paul said about the FRUIT of the Holy Spirit, then you'll be able to comprehend if JWs don't believe in the Holy Spirit. Galatians 5:22,23 It's easy to say "i believe in the Holy Spirit" but in the absence of the FRUIT or WORKS my friend it's a LIE! James 2:26
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by suregalluv(f): 10:24am On Sep 16, 2018
TATIME:
You're going back to the previous arguments again! Well, go and read what Paul said about the FRUIT of the Holy Spirit, then you'll be able to comprehend if JWs don't believe in the Holy Spirit. Galatians 5:22,23 It's easy to say "i believe in the Holy Spirit" but in the absence of the FRUIT or WORKS my friend it's a LIE! James 2:26

Faith without works doesn't only apply to preaching. That verse has a wide application. You call the Holy Spirit an active force, right? There are many JWs that don't have an iota of the fruits of the Holy Spirit. BTW, what gifts have you been given by the Holy Spirit?
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by suregalluv(f): 10:26am On Sep 16, 2018
TATIME:
Correct! So preaching to the air with no particular person as an audience in focus is tantamount to nonsense. Because must get his contact so as to go back and pay him/her a return visit. Act 15:36 That means the public preachers in buses aren't doing anything for Christ if we're to go by the examples of how things were done by the early Christians found in the scriptures. grin grin grin

No! They are. Anyone who hears the gospel has the choice of receiving it or rejecting it. Do you know how many people who have benefitted from the gospel preached in buses?
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
So, it is everybody that the apostles preached to that they later went back to visit. Did Philip go back to meet that Ethiopian man?
The Ethiopian eunuch was a gentle practicing the Jewish religion, and from that moment he knew there's no reason for traveling three times a year all the way to sacrifice at the Temple in Jerusalem anymore. So he's now one of those who will start preaching and teaching others about the Messiah who has come and return to heaven, instead of what the Jews believed that the Messiah is still coming. Please will he still continue worshiping with the Jews or search for the Christians to congregate with them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) / Astrology, Zodiac Signs And Christianity? / You Are In A Computer - Everything You Know Is A Lie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.