Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? (6095 Views)

What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage / How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? / How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? by luckygeee: 8:31am On Sep 13, 2018
guys and ladies in the house. please how much do you think a guy's monthly earnings should be before he can think of getting married. please i really need your sincere opinion on this issue cause i plan on settling down anytime soon. secondly i will also love your opinion on how much do you think is the least amount a guy should have as savings to cover up the cost of marriage rites and overall celebration expenses.
Re: Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? by khingTony(m): 8:33am On Sep 13, 2018
just budget like 500-600k for the wedding,
60k-90k monthly earnings is fair enough

8 Likes

Re: Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? by luckygeee: 8:51am On Sep 13, 2018
khingTony:
just budget like 500-600k for the wedding,
60k-90k monthly earnings is fair enough
can 60k be enough to take care of a home? and besides do you think 600k will cover the cost of both traditional wedding and white wedding?
anyway, thanks for your opinion, its well appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? by mrbyron(m): 8:55am On Sep 13, 2018
No less than 100k monthly and the girl the guy is getting married to must be working too, earning no less than 50k monthly

5 Likes

Re: Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? by khingTony(m): 9:01am On Sep 13, 2018
luckygeee:

can 60k be enough to take care of a home? and besides do you think 600k will cover the cost of both traditional wedding and white wedding?
anyway, thanks for your opinion, its well appreciated.
alright, initially you didn't say you are "rich", and you didn't say you want a "big Wedding"
well, if you are rich and earn big monthly, 3 million naira won't be too much for a wedding
the amount I stated Earlier was for an average income earner, 60K can take care of a home, but can't guarantee you a comfortable life, and your partner should be able to assist you.

6 Likes

Re: Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? by highpriestess: 9:01am On Sep 13, 2018
500k.
please, take note, starting a family is one Herculean task.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? by luckygeee: 9:01am On Sep 13, 2018
mrbyron:
No less than 100k monthly and the girl the guy is getting married to must be working too, earning no less than 50k monthly
bro sincerely, how many people earn up to 100k monthly. wow! dat means dat a lot of Nigerians will have to stay unmarried. thanks all the same for your opinion it is very welcomed

3 Likes

Re: Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? by luckygeee: 9:05am On Sep 13, 2018
highpriestess:
500k.

please, take note, starting a family is one Herculean task.
do you mean for the total cost of the wedding or for your monthly earning?
Re: Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? by luckygeee: 9:08am On Sep 13, 2018
khingTony:

alright, initially you didn't say you are "rich", and you didn't say you want a "big Wedding"
well, if you are rich and earn big monthly, 3 million naira won't be too much for a wedding
the amount I stated Earlier was for an average income earner, 60K can take care of a home, but can't guarantee you a comfortable life, and your partner should be able to assist you.
am am average earner, but am trying to come to terms how 60k monthly income can be managed in the home
Re: Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? by highpriestess: 9:10am On Sep 13, 2018
luckygeee:

do you mean for the total cost of the wedding or for your monthly earning?
monthly earnings.

1 Like

Re: Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? by luckygeee: 9:12am On Sep 13, 2018
highpriestess:

monthly earnings.
are u saying you cant get married to a guy dat earns below 500k monthly?

1 Like

Re: Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? by highpriestess: 9:15am On Sep 13, 2018
luckygeee:

are u saying you cant get married to a guy dat earns below 500k monthly?
why should i do that?

1 Like

Re: Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? by luckygeee: 9:16am On Sep 13, 2018
highpriestess:

why should i do that?
do you know that more than 90% of Nigerians do not earn up to 500k monthly?

2 Likes

Re: Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? by highpriestess: 9:17am On Sep 13, 2018
luckygeee:

do you know that more than 90% of Nigerians do not earn up to 500k monthly?
That's what you think.

2 Likes

Re: Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? by luckygeee: 9:20am On Sep 13, 2018
highpriestess:

That's what you think.
no offense but i think you should be ready to stay single for a long long time if you hold such view

18 Likes

Re: Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? by khingTony(m): 9:20am On Sep 13, 2018
luckygeee:

am am average earner, but am trying to come to terms how 60k monthly income can be managed in the home
well, it may be tough, but there are some people who earn less yet, still able to manage it
Re: Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 13, 2018
In my opinion, my opinion o, for this Nigeria wey we dey, you need to be earning at least N150k per month before you consider getting married.

2 Likes

Re: Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? by luckygeee: 9:25am On Sep 13, 2018
SBL28:
In my opinion, my opinion o, for this Nigeria wey we dey, you need to be earning at least N150k per month before you consider getting married.
so can you marry a guy who earns less?
Re: Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? by luckygeee: 9:26am On Sep 13, 2018
khingTony:
well, it may be tough, but there are some people who earn less yet, still able to manage it
and they are married with kids. its really not easy bro
Re: Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 13, 2018
luckygeee:

so can you marry a guy who earns less?

It depends on the particular guy in question. Yes, if he has the important qualities I want in a man, with big plans and a bright future.
Re: Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? by luckygeee: 9:36am On Sep 13, 2018
SBL28:

It depends on the particular guy in question. Yes, if he has the important qualities I want in a man, with big plans and a bright future.
how nice! i didnt know that nigerian girls still look at a guy's future in this age and time. if i may ask, what are some of those important qualities you need in a man
Re: Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Wilfredpat22(f): 9:49am On Sep 13, 2018
luckygeee:

how nice! i didnt know that nigerian girls still look at a guy's future in this age and time. if i may ask, what are some of those important qualities you need in a man

Are you here to seek advice, or chyke a lady asking irrelevant questions or looking for front page by posting and replying multiple times.

I bet you are still unemployed and drinking garri with your mother under third Mainland Bridge

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? by courna(m): 9:55am On Sep 13, 2018
Wilfredpat22:

Are you here to seek advice, or chyke a lady asking irrelevant questions or looking for front page by posting and replying multiple times.

I bet you are still unemployed and drinking garri with your mother under third Mainland Bridge
easy na....

you get problem with op before

3 Likes

Re: Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? by luckygeee: 10:01am On Sep 13, 2018
Wilfredpat22:

nah! am a process engineer working with an oil and gas firm, though still as an engineering trainee for now. and am currently in the office but less busy ryt now. and i dont see anything wrong in being interactive by replying to comments cause i believe that these comments will not just only benefit me but a whole lot of Nigerian guys out there who are probably seeking answers to this same question.

7 Likes

Re: Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? by luckygeee: 10:03am On Sep 13, 2018
courna:

easy na....

you get problem with op before
bro i tire oo
Re: Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? by rottennaija(m): 10:09am On Sep 13, 2018
luckygeee:
guys and ladies in the house. please how much do you think a guy's monthly earnings should be before he can think of getting married. please i really need your sincere opinion on this issue cause i plan on settling down anytime soon. secondly i will also love your opinion on how much do you think is the least amount a guy should have as savings to cover up the cost of marriage rites and overall celebration expenses.

Bros, that thing is all about good understanding between you and the perspective spouse. Even if you earn say 40k, you can still get married, but it is important to marry someone who is working, at least for support.

In terms of the cost of the marriage, it depends on the family, if the family is understanding enough, they can keep the cost low, of course some families wouldn't want to, which on that case, you may want to reevaluate your priorities. Personally, I will do one, either traditional or wedding, not both. Marriage is marriage, either traditional or wedding, the important thing is you start your own family legally. What is important is the marriage not the occasion in itself.

But if you are waiting to earn 150k before you get married, you may end up marrying at age of 40 and, like a friend I have said, 'you don't want to be training your children with your pension instead of your salary'

You just have to make a decision and stick to it. The important thing about life is that it not about where you are today, but where you are heading. They are many that earns quite less today but will manage big portfolios in the future with great rewards, many are earning high today but may not be so in the future, and still some will maintain their current position till their end.

What is important is getting someone that aligns with your visions and aspirations. And it is important to wear your coat in accord with your current size

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? by luckygeee: 10:20am On Sep 13, 2018
rottennaija:

Bros, that thing is all about good understanding between you and the perspective spouse. Even if you earn say 40k, you can still get married, but it is important to marry someone who is working, at least for support.

In terms of the cost of the marriage, it depends on the family, if the family is understanding enough, they can keep the cost low, of course some families wouldn't want to, which on that case, you may want to reevaluate your priorities. Personally, I will do one, either traditional or wedding, not both. Marriage is marriage, either traditional or wedding, the important thing is you start your own family legally. What is important is the marriage not the occasion in itself.

But if you are waiting to earn 150k before you get married, you may end up marrying at age of 40 and, like a friend I have said, 'you don't want to be training your children with your pension instead of your salary'
thanks bro.
You just have to make a decision and stick to it
Re: Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 13, 2018
luckygeee:

bro sincerely, how many people earn up to 100k monthly. wow! dat means dat a lot of Nigerians will have to stay unmarried. thanks all the same for your opinion it is very welcomed
yes
Re: Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 13, 2018
SBL28:

is bright future written like a halo round his head. You my sister are a Bob the builder, you will help a nigga with 'poortential' such as wilfredpat22 and ubunja so that when said nigga is established, he can finally pursue the woman of his dreams after outliving your usefulness. The only things a woman should look at is results, not prospects and a 'bright future' if not, you risk being unhappy in life and passing 'loser' genes to your children.

1 Like

Re: Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 13, 2018
disgusting thread

1 Like

Re: Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Headlesschicken(m): 10:42am On Sep 13, 2018
undecided Not bout how much u earn,buh about how much more u create from yuh salary, never depend on a single source of income before settling down..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hilarious!!!: Man Mistakenly Transfer Money To A Club Girl (PHOTOS) / Can Ladies Cope Without Chewing Gum? / Photo: screenshots of a guy Ietter to his girlfriend, Why Is Naija Gal Wicked ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.