Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

2019 - Next President: Why Not Donald Duke? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 - Next President: Why Not Donald Duke? (223 Views)

2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP / Donald Duke Releases 2019 Campaign Posters For Presidential Election / Donald Duke Sent On An Errand By His Wife - See Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2019 - Next President: Why Not Donald Duke? by bountyhunter: 9:21am On Sep 13, 2018
We all agree Nigeria needs to get it right this time, a good president. One that has the best interest of every citizen at heart. One that is not just talk no action.
Why do we look farther than this good man Donald Duke? What blemish does he have to stop him becoming president? He might not be perfect but he's pretty close! Lot better than the lot.
Are you not tired of complaining? Of suffering? Why not put your weight behind someone with a proven track record? Someone with the best ideas?
It's evident DD is the best candidate without doubt.

Weeks ago Duke made comments on a very hard and sensitive topic, sexuality. There was backlash understandably. As someone that cares and understands how sensitive the issue of sexuality is, he cleared the air saying the same thing over again. Which shows he's a man of principles.
Now what really got me thinking when he first made those comments was how sympathetic he was to what's considered a taboo. It takes a sane mind and a good heart to sympathise with something like that. Now that got me thinking, this man doesn't discriminate. That he won't be a president for a particular group because he believes all human lives matter.

He said,
"I don't
understand it because I’m straight. I don't
understand the feelings, emotions, a gay person
would have of their sexuality. I don't
understand it but I will not criminalise them. I
will ensure they have the protection of the law.
But if they want to exhibit their sexuality, that
is an affront to the norms of the society, the
current norms”

He doesn't understand the feelings but he understands they have human rights and shouldn't be made to suffer for what is no fault of theirs but genetics and anomaly. As a law abiding citizen he advised gay people not to indulge in it since it's 'an affront to the norms of the society, the current norms'.
But the backward world we live in criminalize natural anomaly but terrorists and real criminals walk free!

That will change with DD, if sexuality matters how much more the lives of poor farmers and innocent citizens that are murdered daily with absolutely no action from the present administration after all it's 'killer herdsmen from Libya' so it's not a Nigerian issue?

Another thing about this man, is he's after good results, visible results. That's why you can call him Mr Tourism!
We need not talk about what he did as a state Governor cos we all know it. Tourism is something great, just look at Kenya were they are now is largely due to their tourist attraction. If DD can do the same with Nigeria as he did at state level then we might stop saying 'life is hard for naija ooh'.

In addition, he is selfless. Remember 2007 election? He stepped aside for the eventual winner late ex president Musa Yaradua who was adamant on working with him. Since then DD never contested (unlike typical Nigerian politicians who are so obsessed with power) till now that there is great suffering in the land.
And judging by the kind of man he is, this might be last bus stop of having him as president!
Can we afford to lose the opportunity?
Can we afford four more years of clueless? Of insults? Of suffering? Of terrorism?
If we don't get it right this time we risk up two decades of continued suffering before Nigeria gets it right when the 90s and the so called indomie generation would stand for the right things in a modern world. Best believe they will do it! -That is if current leaders with bad policies don't kill us all- But can you afford to wait that long to see Nigeria great? Would you live to see the day with terrorism, suffering, diseases engulfing the nation?

What controversies cloud this man?
Definitely none to stop him from becoming a good president.
He got the right policies.
DiDi is in deed the right man.
#DD2019

What say you?

lalasticlala
Mynd44

(1) (Reply)

A Dancer As Governor / APGA Aspirant Campaigns For Atiku / Why I Was Absent In Court – Orji Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.