Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,316 members, 7,826,253 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

DEMOCRACY OR THEOCRACY WHICH FORM OF GOVERNMENT IS BETTER FOR HUMMAN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DEMOCRACY OR THEOCRACY WHICH FORM OF GOVERNMENT IS BETTER FOR HUMMAN (2332 Views)

Ahmed Musa Ibeto, Niger Deputy Governor Ejected Out Of Government House / Democracy Or Junta? Sss Bars Journalists From Press Centre / Democracy Or Which System Of Government Is Practice In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DEMOCRACY OR THEOCRACY WHICH FORM OF GOVERNMENT IS BETTER FOR HUMMAN by smlafolabi(m): 9:57pm On Jul 03, 2010
DEMOCRACY. IS GOVERNMENT BY THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE.WHEREBY HUMANS ARE ALLOW TO CHOOSE THEIR OWN LEADERS THEMSELVES

THEOCRACY. IS GOVERNMENT BY GOD FOR THE PEOPLE. WHEREBY GOD CHOOSE HUMAN LEADER TO GOVERN HUMANS
Re: DEMOCRACY OR THEOCRACY WHICH FORM OF GOVERNMENT IS BETTER FOR HUMMAN by Image123(m): 7:06am On Jul 04, 2010
This your autocracy definition get as hin be, it looks autocratic. Anyway, se na debate abi enquiry?
Re: DEMOCRACY OR THEOCRACY WHICH FORM OF GOVERNMENT IS BETTER FOR HUMMAN by e36991: 8:20am On Jul 04, 2010
smlafolabi:

DEMOCRACY. IS GOVERNMENT BY THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE. WHEREBY HUMANS ARE ALLOW TO CHOOSE THEIR OWN LEADERS THEMSELVES

AUTOCRACY. IS GOVERNMENT BY GOD FOR PEOPLE. WHEREBY GOD CHOOSE HUMAN LEADER TO GOVERN HUMANS

Image123:

This your autocracy definition get as hin be, it looks autocratic.

Anyway, se na debate abi enquiry?

@smlafolabi

When posting next time, easy does it. Capitalizations infers you're shouting  wink

Democracy or autocracy? Neither is better or right for humans

Image123 is right, is this a debate or enquiry?

Anyways, I am assuming you actually are/were thinking of "Theocracy" - a rule by GOD

Theocracy is a government by God for His people, whereby GOD governs/rules as the supreme civil ruler

Theocracy has always been the intention of God and has its origin as far back in Eden . . .

The Isralites as a people and/or nation rejected its reintroduction on a flimsy excuse to be like the joneses (i.e. other nations)

The re-introduction lasted from their deliverance out of Egypt until the appointment of king(s)

1 Samuel 8:6-7 KJV:

6But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the LORD.

7And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee:

for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them

1 Samuel 8:19-20 KJV:

19Nevertheless the people refused to obey the voice of Samuel; and they said, Nay; but we will have a king over us;

20That we also may be like all the nations; and that our king may judge us, and go out before us, and fight our battles.

Read the entire 1 Samuel 8 chapter for more details
Re: DEMOCRACY OR THEOCRACY WHICH FORM OF GOVERNMENT IS BETTER FOR HUMMAN by Jenwitemi(m): 8:21am On Jul 04, 2010
Autocracy or theocracy?
smlafolabi:

DEMOCRACY. IS GOVERNMENT BY THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE.WHEREBY HUMANS ARE ALLOW TO CHOOSE THEIR OWN LEADERS THEMSELVES

AUTOCRACY. IS GOVERNMENT BY GOD FOR PEOPLE. WHEREBY GOD CHOOSE HUMAN LEADER TO GOVERN HUMANS
Re: DEMOCRACY OR THEOCRACY WHICH FORM OF GOVERNMENT IS BETTER FOR HUMMAN by e36991: 8:42am On Jul 04, 2010
Addendum.

@smlafolabi

FYI here is Samuel's reference to the Isralites desire for autocracy

1 Samuel 12:12-13 KJV:

12And when ye saw that Nahash the king of the children of Ammon came against you,

ye said
unto me, Nay; but a king shall reign over us: when the LORD your God was your king.

13Now therefore behold the king whom ye have chosen, and whom ye have desired!

and, behold, the LORD hath set a king over you.

Re: DEMOCRACY OR THEOCRACY WHICH FORM OF GOVERNMENT IS BETTER FOR HUMMAN by thehomer: 11:10am On Jul 04, 2010
A theocracy is actually a system of leadership by humans who [b]claim [/b]to be acting on divine guidance. This to me is just another form of autocracy. Only that in some cases, it may be a group of people claiming to speak for their deity.
Re: DEMOCRACY OR THEOCRACY WHICH FORM OF GOVERNMENT IS BETTER FOR HUMMAN by e36991: 1:21pm On Jul 04, 2010
thehomer:

A theocracy is actually a system of leadership by humans who claim to be acting on divine guidance.

This to me is just another form of autocracy.

Only that in some cases, it may be a group of people claiming to speak for their deity.

@thehomer

Erm but the theocracy referenced here is as that of Israel before the rise of kings

Notice in Exodus 19:4-6 GOD's intention of speaking directly with the Isralites (i.e. refer to the below verse)

Exodus 19:4-6:

4Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.

5Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant,

then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people
: for all the earth is mine:

6And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation.

These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

Also notice in Exodus 20:18-19 how the Isralites rebuffed the privilege

Exodus 20:18-19:

18And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking:

and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off.

19And they said unto Moses,

Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die

They preferred Moses speak with GOD on their behalf rather themselves converse with GOD directly

Theocracy as it is deemed now, is different from the original (i.e. different from that of Israel's before the rise of kings)

and no doubt over the ages changed (i.e. has its fair share of metamorphosis)
Re: DEMOCRACY OR THEOCRACY WHICH FORM OF GOVERNMENT IS BETTER FOR HUMMAN by manmustwac(m): 2:25pm On Jul 04, 2010
moved to politics
Re: DEMOCRACY OR THEOCRACY WHICH FORM OF GOVERNMENT IS BETTER FOR HUMMAN by smlafolabi(m): 5:31pm On Jul 04, 2010
I am sorry guys for the spelling error, my intention was to write Theocracy I was watching Germany vs Argentina Match when I posted this Topic. Its not a debate but a form of research to tap the brains of inteligent people like you in order to know the way forward for our planet

With the trend around the world now, Autocracy have failed humans, communisn have collapsed, Democracy self, politicians can influence the mind of voters with money and sentimental adverts therefore our democratic system is not putting the right kind of people into office to govern human affairs. The deity ( Ifa, orunmila, or god of divination self dey collect bribe now cos I have seen instances in traditional selection of traditional rulers in my town whereby the candidacy of the candidate that god of divination was choose was upturned when the other rich candidate bribed the priest)

In America the pioneer of democracy, their elections is not 100% free and fair " Algore vs George Bush " for example.I beg wetin be the right form of government for humans . I heard from some prophet that God future plans for Humans is Theocractic govt, But how will God achieve his purpose with all these money thirsty Prophets we have these days.I dont think that is possible in thesepresent system except God destroy these system and create another one. That new system self some say nah heaven we go dey while some argue that its on earth.

I believe In democracy and the chance for people to choose who will represent them but I have seen that even when we choose the right candidate at times, there is something within the corridor of power that changes them from the saint they were to a monster they were not before election. I have a sincere political desire like everyone else, to change my enviroment for good and make the lives of common man better, but the question is, if we get there will we be changed by the system like our past leaders or remain incorruptible and face the wrath of the spirit of the system that dictate into your head to do things contrary to your integrity and original intention or die. Can a democratic system with free and just spirit be created? Is there any country practising it? Also is political ambition in harmony with God plans for Humans. lastly Why are all the Good people I know, running away from politics, living the affairs of human govt in the hand Bad guys?
Re: DEMOCRACY OR THEOCRACY WHICH FORM OF GOVERNMENT IS BETTER FOR HUMMAN by smlafolabi(m): 5:35pm On Jul 04, 2010
e36991 I gbadun your reply to thehomer.
Re: DEMOCRACY OR THEOCRACY WHICH FORM OF GOVERNMENT IS BETTER FOR HUMMAN by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 04, 2010
Why do you guys like bringing in religion into politics ?
Re: DEMOCRACY OR THEOCRACY WHICH FORM OF GOVERNMENT IS BETTER FOR HUMMAN by Becomrich0: 5:41pm On Jul 04, 2010
do you need God to tell you when you see the satellite picture. Does God need a quake in toronto, before blind people needs to feel. See satellite picture. wake up.

Re: DEMOCRACY OR THEOCRACY WHICH FORM OF GOVERNMENT IS BETTER FOR HUMMAN by smlafolabi(m): 7:52pm On Jul 04, 2010
I dont understand your point at becomerich can you elaborate
Re: DEMOCRACY OR THEOCRACY WHICH FORM OF GOVERNMENT IS BETTER FOR HUMMAN by CyberG: 1:28am On Jul 05, 2010
Goodness me! This becomerich guy na wah for you o! Look, we are not talking about "Mapocracy", okay?? It seems that is your only answer to every question!
Re: DEMOCRACY OR THEOCRACY WHICH FORM OF GOVERNMENT IS BETTER FOR HUMMAN by Nobody: 1:56am On Jul 05, 2010
LOL

CyberG:

Goodness me! This becomerich guy na wah for you o! Look, we are not talking about "Mapocracy", okay?? It seems that is your only answer to every question!

Separation of the state. Simples

Theocratic government tend to be overzealous.

eg. . . the Ayatollah, Ahmedinijad and their goons
Re: DEMOCRACY OR THEOCRACY WHICH FORM OF GOVERNMENT IS BETTER FOR HUMMAN by Nobody: 1:59am On Jul 05, 2010
I'm beginning to wonder which kinda Government we have in Nigeria.

Surely we dont pick our own leadership since most of the elections are rigged.

We can't speak against corruption, we cant do anything about it.

We cant question  the whereabouts of our presidents when they go outta the country. Even when we question his whereabouts, we are continuously being lied to.

We dont even know the financial situation of the country, what our money are being used for. . . . when we do know, we become private investors for corrupted politician's mansion houses abroad.

Seriously, this country called Nigeria is a shiot hole.
Re: DEMOCRACY OR THEOCRACY WHICH FORM OF GOVERNMENT IS BETTER FOR HUMMAN by Ijeleigbo(m): 5:37am On Jul 05, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I'm beginning to wonder which kinda Government we have in Nigeria.

Surely we dont pick our own leadership since most of the elections are rigged.

We can't speak against corruption, we cant do anything about it.

We cant question  the whereabouts of our presidents when they go outta the country. Even when we question is where abouts, we are continuously lied to.

We dont even know the financial situation of the country, what our money are being used for. . . . when we do know, we become private investors for corrupted politician's mansion houses abroad.

Seriously, this country called Nigeria is a shiot hole.
hehehe, Nigeria is practising facism as simple as that.
Re: DEMOCRACY OR THEOCRACY WHICH FORM OF GOVERNMENT IS BETTER FOR HUMMAN by smlafolabi(m): 12:00pm On Jul 05, 2010
Nigeria is undergoing democratic restructuring so them say
Re: DEMOCRACY OR THEOCRACY WHICH FORM OF GOVERNMENT IS BETTER FOR HUMMAN by thehomer: 5:56am On Jul 14, 2010
e36991:

@thehomer

Erm but the theocracy referenced here is as that of Israel before the rise of kings

The OP did not state this.

e36991:

Notice in Exodus 19:4-6 GOD's intention of speaking directly with the Isralites (i.e. refer to the below verse)

Also notice in Exodus 20:18-19 how the Isralites rebuffed the privilege

God should have known they would be scared but still reverted to fire works that look a lot like a volcano eruption. Why would people stand around listening to it?

e36991:

They preferred Moses speak with GOD on their behalf rather themselves converse with GOD directly

How is this different from what I stated?

e36991:

Theocracy as it is deemed now, is different from the original (i.e. different from that of Israel's before the rise of kings)

and no doubt over the ages changed (i.e. has its fair share of metamorphosis)

No. Before the rise of kings, prophets were the ones running things which is what I stated.

(1) (Reply)

Security Men Foil Attack On Nnpc Towers / North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister / Judge Threatens To Send Igp To Prison !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.