Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,826 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation (43119 Views)

Tinubu Appoints Zainab Marwa, Daughter Of NDLEA Boss Into Inauguration Committee / Labour Party To Unveil Baba-Ahmed As Obi’s Running Mate - Vanguard / Protesters Block Zainab Ahmed From Office As Finance Minister (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by 360great(m): 10:47pm On Sep 14, 2018
shocked

Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by moutaintop(m): 10:47pm On Sep 14, 2018
Gbege hehehe....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by IbrahimDamola: 10:49pm On Sep 14, 2018
Drchristian:

You gave ur master 1

E pain am!

We yoruba muslims thank Buhari for kicking out Kemi the yoruba christian kafir and appointing a fulani muslim who is superior to we yoruba muslim.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by WHE3LCHAIR: 10:50pm On Sep 14, 2018
Nepotistic terrorist.
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by mechanics(m): 10:50pm On Sep 14, 2018
Eyah, I really feel for her.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by lagdmark(m): 10:52pm On Sep 14, 2018
God please hear the cry of your suffering children make Buhari confused and continue to be lifeless.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by olril17(m): 10:52pm On Sep 14, 2018
we Yorubas are not in any way sophisticated..ocherere Nnana described us incredibly aptly.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by IchBinBrait(m): 10:54pm On Sep 14, 2018
Kemi Adeosun is gone. Now this old man has carried out his biased appointment again.. tribalistic human being. You think we are still in the military era abi...

Godwin Emefiele you need immunity oo
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by Temptee101(m): 10:55pm On Sep 14, 2018
The dullard will just accept only letter without ordering her arrest and prosecution
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by Humility017(m): 10:56pm On Sep 14, 2018
toyetade:
This is bad for Nigeria. A president of Nigeria should be detribalised and be sensitive to issues on bordering on tribes. You replace DG DSS with a kano man, You replace Minister of finance with another Hausa woman. People should vote this man out. I used to like him before for his anti corruption crusade but this one is too much for me.

nepotism is even worst than corruption.
they're both intertwined.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by 93Miles: 10:56pm On Sep 14, 2018
Good..

God bless PMB
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by 93Miles: 11:00pm On Sep 14, 2018
toyetade:
This is bad for Nigeria. A president of Nigeria should be detribalised and be sensitive to issues on bordering on tribes. You replace DG DSS with a kano man , You replace Minister of finance with another Hausa woman. People should vote this man out. I used to like him before for his anti corruption crusade but this one is too much for me.

DGs of DSS:
1990 - 1992 : Chief Albert Horsefall
1992 - 1998 : Chief Peter Nwaoduah
1998 - 2007 : Chief Kayode Are
2007 - 2010 : Afakriya Gadzama
2010 - 2015 : Ita Ekpeyong.
2015 - 2018: Daura
2018 - ? : Bichi
And now: One of DSS Acts as copied:
According to the Act that setup DSS, it is a special security outfit to protect the President himself & his family and other VIPs. They are �% loyal to the President & not to the country, even though they are setup by the country. They do not work like Police or other military forces. They receive special security training to protect President and defend him and his office. DSS was setup as a measure to counter coup from military forces, hence their loyalty to the President �% alone. They are always prepared for any shakeup without reading meaning to it. That’s the nature of their job.
In view of this, any President is at liberty to choose whoever he deemed fit to head the institution that was setup to protect him.
For example ...
When OBJ was president ... the head of DSS was Col. Kayode Are
When Jonathan was President, Ita Ekpeyong was the head of DSS.
Therefore, if OBJ could have someone he trusted from his region and Jonathan chose someone he trusted from his region too, so why do you expect PMB to retain someone who he couldn’t trust to head his personal security team from other region, knowing the kind of politics of hatred and bitterness we are playing in this country? More especially when he was nearly killed in Aso Villa.
Let’s be honest, fair and sincere to ourselves. Also let’s learn to respect our laws and constitution. That’s what the law says and no ethnic bigotry can change that.
Credit-Ike Okafor

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by resurgent2019: 11:00pm On Sep 14, 2018
93Miles:
Good..

God bless PMB

I can’t believe I would be saying but yes, God bless Buhari.

He really stood by Aunty kemi through her persecution from the usual quarters.

I might just support this President for a 2nd term given the situation we are in the nation.

Watch this space.

Cc: butterflyleo wink
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by 3kay945(m): 11:02pm On Sep 14, 2018
toyetade:
This is bad for Nigeria. A president of Nigeria should be detribalised and be sensitive to issues on bordering on tribes. You replace DG DSS with a kano man, You replace Minister of finance with another Hausa woman. People should vote this man out. I used to like him before for his anti corruption crusade but this one is too much for me.

Your eyes just opened I detest him due to the way he handled the senseless killing by the devilish herdsmen. I expected him to have done better than Jonathan in terms of security.

Well, na one chance we enter sha. If the lazy youth still vote him in next year, so be it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by Andhominem: 11:06pm On Sep 14, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:
Afonja how market?

Buhari would openly support a PDP northern muslim in 2023.

The slaves will never learn.

This appointment is temporary.
Ogun ministerial slot must be replaced.
Otondo piggyyeasternr!
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by kokomilala(m): 11:06pm On Sep 14, 2018
The northernizaton and fulanization of Nigeria is gathering steam
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by LordAdam: 11:08pm On Sep 14, 2018
@obailala, make I taunt you again!

Comparing butterfly to bird. Una no c ppl like Adesina to appoint, na riff-raff like Adeosun.

grin grin grin

-Lord

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by kamsy26: 11:08pm On Sep 14, 2018
What do u expect
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by Andhominem: 11:10pm On Sep 14, 2018
Kemi Adeosun messed up big time.
She will be replaced by a better Ogun person.
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by 93Miles: 11:11pm On Sep 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

I can’t believe I would be saying but yes, God bless Buhari.

He really stood by Aunty kemi through her persecution from the usual quarters.

I might just support this President for a 2nd term given the situation we are in the nation.

Watch this space.

Cc: butterflyleo wink

... must...
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by famosh: 11:11pm On Sep 14, 2018
Jasen1:
When we still de complain about DSS being a northerner here is another ONE grin grin grin

Howfa my Afonja mouselem
You think the Yorubas are bigots like the enslaved daft gorilla descendants from a certain MUDly developed, cursed landlocked region?

Did you hear the Yoruba masses make noise when Ebelemi was marginalizing them? All the appointment the flat_heads benefited from Ebelemi, how has it affected their masses or their region in general?
Yorubas know the top class Nigerians who fight for such top appointments do not have tribes & are one! Yorubas will only make noise if projects which should be the main issue is skewed towards one side, which isn't the case now!
Cheers, boy!
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by obailala(m): 11:13pm On Sep 14, 2018
LordAdam:
@obailala, make I taunt you again!

Comparing butterfly to bird. Una no c ppl like Adesina to appoint, na riff-raff like Adeosun.

grin grin grin

-Lord
Make I tell u again, there was nothing wrong with Kemi's performance as finance minister. The work of finance minister isn't to perform money doubling magic.

Okay as dem done appoint another mallam to the post, hope we're all happy now?
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by geraldamobi(m): 11:17pm On Sep 14, 2018
Hope say this one get ssce
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by UncleJudax(m): 11:17pm On Sep 14, 2018
Emilo:
Una sure say Buhari well so. Why all these nepotism
Sai Baba jare

Second term go jam gan

Can't wait grin
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by Andhominem: 11:18pm On Sep 14, 2018
Piggyyeasternrs are a bunch of looonatics, I swear.
Can't they see Buhari overlooked Udo Udoma to appoint his junior minister to oversee the finance ministry on the mean time
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by BiafranBushBoy: 11:18pm On Sep 14, 2018
[s]
famosh:

You think the Yorubas are bigots like the enslaved daft gorilla descendants from a certain MUDly developed, cursed landlocked region?

Did you hear the Yoruba make noise when Ebelemi was marginalizing them? All the appointment the Igbos benefited from Ebelemi, how has it affected their masses or their region in general?
Yorubas will only make noise if projects which should be the main issue is skewed towards one side, which isn't the case now!
Cheers, boy!
[/s]

I feel your pains now...

it is well...

Shea, is there any project going on in Ondo state? cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by Algaddaf: 11:19pm On Sep 14, 2018
HEADS OF GOVERNMENTS AGENCY UNDER JONATHAN. THROW BACK.
IT HELPS IN RESHAPING OUR THINKING.

Below is how it was in GEJ's time
Secretary General of the Federarion- Anyim Pius Anyim.
DG of DSS - Ita Ekpeyoung
Minister of Petroleum - Deiziani Alison Madueke
Minister of Finance - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala
CBN governor- Sanusi Lamido was removed in a controversial circumstances and replaced with Godwin Emefiele
Chief of Staff - Mike Oghiadomhe
Accountant General of the Federarion - Jonah Otunia.
Chief of Army staff. Azubuike Ihejirika later replaced by Kenneth Minima.
1.NIMET~Dr. Anthony Anuforom
2.NNPC~Eng. Andrew Yakubu
3.NIMASA~Patrick Apobolokemi
4.PENCOM~Mrs. Chinelo Anohu Amazu
5.FERMA~Engr. Chukwu Amuchi
6.DPR~Mr. George Osahon
7.Bank Of Industry~Ms. Evelyn Oputu
8.Nigerian Content Dev. Agency~Ernest Nwanpa
9.Consumer Protection Agency~Mrs Dupe Atoki
10.NCC~Engr. Eugene Juwa
11.NAMA~Engr. Nnamdi Udoh
12.NCAA~Engr. Akikuotu
13.FAAN~George Uriesi
14.NCAT~Capt. Chinere Kalu
15.SEC~Aruma Otteh
16.Sovereign Wealth
Fund~Uche Orji
17.NAFDAC~Dr Paul Orhil
18.FIIRO~Dr. Mrs. G. N Elemo
19.Maritime Academy Of Nigeria~Oron Joshua Okpo
20.Railway Corporation~Eng. Seyi Sijuwade
21.Nigerian Tourism Dev. Corporation~Mrs. Sally Mbanefoh
22.Budget Office Of The Federation~Dr Bright Okogwu
23.NERDC~Prof Godswill Obioma
24.NEXIM~Mr R. R Orya
25.Standard Organization Of Nigeria~Dr Joseph Odumodu
26.Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation~Emeka Nkem Mba
27.Industrial Training Fund~Prof. Longmas Wapmuk
28.National University Commission~Prof. Okojie
29.NESREA~Mrs. N.S Benebo
30.MDG Office~Dr. Precious Gbenio
31.Surveyor General Of The Federation~Peter Chigozie
32.Statistician General Of The Federation~Dr. Yemi Kale
33.Accountant General Of The Federation~Mr. Jonah Otunla
34.Auditor General Of The Federation~Samuel Yonongo Ukura
35.National Orientation Agency~Mike Omieri
36.News Agency Of Nigeria~Oluremi Oyo
Oluremi Oyo was replaced by Ima Niboro....from the South South.
37.NEPC E/S David I Adelugba
38.NEPZA~Mr. Olugbenga Kuye
39.BPP~Engr Emeka Ezeh
40.Niger Delta Ministry-Orubebe, etc..

All these happened yet some people kept quiet now they are talking nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by Ezekielnova: 11:23pm On Sep 14, 2018
please my fellow Nigerians, what do you possibly thought would have been differently in a situation as this? knowing fully well that finance ministry is a very important one to the government, even if our so call law breakers or law makers are not in recession. we should all that nomination of a new minister to the Senate will take another eternity, so if your so acclaimed slow president decides to fill the head of the ministry with the very second in the command. what crime has he committed? most of you are hypocrites, if he had delayed this action you will have still complain, now you are still complaining about this quick in the right direction? Haha!
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by famosh: 11:27pm On Sep 14, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
[s][/s]
I feel your pains now...
it is well...
Shea, is there any project going on in Ondo state? cheesy
What's the point of this extremely daft question before I answer?
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by LordAdam: 11:29pm On Sep 14, 2018
obailala:
Make I tell u again, there was nothing wrong with Kemi's performance as finance minister. The work of finance minister isn't to perform money doubling magic.

Okay as dem done appoint another mallam to the post, hope we're all happy now?

Wetin concern me concern who dem appoint?

I vote for Buhari? As far as I'm concerned, the man can do whatever he likes. We warned, you guys didn't listen. We said Adeosun would be a disastrous wannabe, you guys said she'd do better than NOI. Amina Mohammed was snapped up by the UN even after serving under OBJ, Yar'Adua, and Jonathan (the so-called 3 demons of corruption). In fact, she got her first appointment at the UN after her time ended in GEJ's government. You guys think propaganda is all it takes to deliver good governance. Look how the cookie crumbled.

You guys said Buhari and Adeosun would change Nigeria. We have seen the change. There was nothing wrong in being part of the economic team whose incompetence contributed to the loss of 15m jobs when they promised they'd add 3m net jobs annually. Shey you see your life?

Next you'll tell me there's nothing wrong in Buhari's performance as President. Joker!

-Lord

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by ahmtech93(m): 11:30pm On Sep 14, 2018
Hausa 2 : Yoruba 0

Let's be counting it oo.

Dr. Kayode Fayemi, former Minister for Solid Minerals (Southwest) resigned but up till now Abubakar Bawa Bwari (North) is still the Minister.

NOW

Kemi Adeosun, former Minister for Finance (Southwest) resigned but Zainab Ahmed (North) is replacing her.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by OfficialAPCNig: 11:31pm On Sep 14, 2018
Andhominem:

This appointment is temporary.
Ogun ministerial slot must be replaced.
Otondo piggyyeasternr!
Definitely, because it is constitutional and the dead man still needs his slaves but he ain't giving you guys an Finance Minister.

If it is coming South, SE is taking it and Ogun would be given another portfolio.

But be rest assured yooruba presidency in 2023 is not happening.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Protest Against Electricity, Fuel Price Increment, Anti-People Policy In Lagos / Akpabio Visits Ooni Of Ife, Seeks Blessings For Senate President Bid (Pictures) / Guess What This Old Woman Is Saying To Peter Obi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.