Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,030 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation (43120 Views)

Tinubu Appoints Zainab Marwa, Daughter Of NDLEA Boss Into Inauguration Committee / Labour Party To Unveil Baba-Ahmed As Obi’s Running Mate - Vanguard / Protesters Block Zainab Ahmed From Office As Finance Minister (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by obailala(m): 12:31am On Sep 15, 2018
famosh:

The daft Jonathan sycophants want to rewrite recent history for us like say we no follow dey this country! They think we've forgotten how the previous finance minister, Okonjo-Iweala, under Ebelemi, plunged our GDP growth from 7.68% to just 2.35% when Ebelemi left office in May 2015, plunged our foreign reserves by over $22bn, disgracefully plunged our foreign direct investment, all these despite the oil boom! Yet, the dunces want Kemi to do more than the good work she did with oil hovering around prices as low as $29/barrel within the first month of her resumption!

The daft Jonathan sycophants think we've forgotten how they scammed our youths of our hard earned N1000 & even brutally killed a lot of them in the processes under the guise of giving them immigration jobs. They think we've forgotten how Okonjo-Iweala oversaw the Dasuki-ing of our savings for elections where they were eventually disgraced!

They must be daft to think we miss those demonic vultures & want them back to destroy this country again! Never again!
Its pathetic the way many of those jonathanians clowns think. They wanted a miracle from Kemi. A feat which even more renowned persons like NOI could not achieve in times of mega unprecedented income, that's what the buffoons accuse Kemi of not being able to achieve with $28 oil price, $28bn reserves and less than 1m bpd oil production. NOI/GEJ earned almost $400bn in oil income but ended up accruing debts upon debts after crashing reserves. Kemi/Buhari earned less than $100 but even almost doubled the reserves, and were able to stabilise the economy, yet the clowns think a 400 vs 100 comparison makes any sense.
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by husbandsnatcha(f): 12:31am On Sep 15, 2018
famosh:
Flattiee, you all in the MUD-ly developed landlocked region will also be voting a Fulani man in 2019! So what do you have to say about that? grin
we igbos can never be ur mate,igbos live large thru biz in ur state u sleep in a danfo n be claiming lagos...Knw it we n south south own lagos

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by famosh: 12:32am On Sep 15, 2018
husbandsnatcha:
we igbos can never be ur mate,igbos live large thru biz in ur state u sleep in a danfo n be claiming lagos...Knw it we own lagos wt south south.
bla bla bla!
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by obailala(m): 12:33am On Sep 15, 2018
famosh:

Man, the person you're quoting is the most deluded thing on this street! You'd furnish it with facts but it'll still delude itself with its own deluded opinion! Save your strength!
The guy is a known online troll, there was a time I promised myself never to respond to him. I dont even know why I bother today.
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by LordAdam: 12:34am On Sep 15, 2018
husbandsnatcha:
we igbos can never be ur mate,igbos live large thru biz in ur state u sleep in a danfo n be claiming lagos...Knw it we n south south own lagos

Do you know you're talking to a kid who hasn't gotten admission.

Not everyone who comes online on NL is up to age.

-Lord

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by famosh: 12:39am On Sep 15, 2018
obailala:
Its pathetic the way many of those jonathanians clowns think. They wanted a miracle from Kemi. A feat which even more renowned persons like NOI could not achieve in times of mega unprecedented income, that's what the buffoons accuse Kemi of not being able to achieve with $28 oil price, $28bn reserves and less than 1m bpd oil production. NOI/GEJ earned almost $400bn in oil income but ended up accruing debts upon debts after crashing reserves. Kemi/Buhari earned less than $100 but even almost doubled the reserves, and were able to stabilise the economy, yet the clowns think a 400 vs 100 comparison makes any sense.

They will continue to hear the truth! They think we've forgotten where we're coming from! I mean, how can someone who they call the greatest economist ever mercilessly plunge our foreign reserves, foreign direct investment, & GDP growth from 7.68 to just 2.35% just before leaving office, DESPITE THE OIL BOOM & they want to tell us what we don't know!
Them dey expect Kemi to do magic when she was faced with oil hovering around $29/barrel within her first month of resumption! Which kin evil them be?
They must be smoking Ouagadougou weed!
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by taytee(m): 12:39am On Sep 15, 2018
aminulive:
President Muhammadu Buhari has accepted the resignation of the Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun.

The President accepted the resignation on Friday, a statement by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, said.

The President also approved that the Minister of State for Budget and National Planning, Mrs. Zainab Ahmed, should oversee the Ministry of Finance with effect from today.

https://politicsngr.com/breaking-buhari-appoints-zainab-ahmed-new-finance-minister/
shey u dey wyn us ni
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by LordAdam: 12:41am On Sep 15, 2018
obailala:
[s]Its pathetic the way many of those jonathanians clowns think. They wanted a miracle from Kemi. A feat which even more renowned persons like NOI could not achieve in times of mega unprecedented income, that's what the buffoons accuse Kemi of not being able to achieve with $28 oil price, $28bn reserves and less than 1m bpd oil production. NOI/GEJ earned almost $400bn in oil income but ended up accruing debts upon debts after crashing reserves. Kemi/Buhari earned less than $100 but even almost doubled the reserves, and were able to stabilise the economy, yet the clowns think a 400 vs 100 comparison makes any sense.[/s]

Even the m*ron you're quoting doesn't think NOI is more renowned than Kemi. He is that senseless.

Oga average oil price in August is $73. That's more than 2 times the $28 you're quoting. Even the HSBC (largest bank in Europe) in their report stated that oil price increase not economic competence took the economy out of recession. If you want a quote, just ask.

As I said, all I'm doing is rubbing it in. Adeosun will always be a riff-raff compared to NOI. Class is permanent.

-Lord

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by husbandsnatcha(f): 12:43am On Sep 15, 2018
LordAdam:

Do you know you're talking to a kid who hasn't gotten admission.

Not everyone who comes online on NL is up to age.

-Lord
my bad! i 4got 40yrs afonja is equals to 3yrs igbo...meanwhile am new here!
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by LordAdam: 12:45am On Sep 15, 2018
husbandsnatcha:
my bad! i 4got 40yrs afonja is equals to 3yrs igbo...meanwhile am new here!

Don't worry, you'd get used to it. Just note the usernames as you go.

-Lord
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by famosh: 12:45am On Sep 15, 2018
obailala:
The guy is a known online troll, there was a time I promised myself never to respond to him. I dont even know why I bother today.
Baba, "online troll"? grin grin grin
I be him papa for this street na! I get the dunce file with its history of shameless lies on Nairaland plenty for my hand! Him no fit do anyhow again na! The thing know as e be na! grin grin
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by taytee(m): 12:48am On Sep 15, 2018
husbandsnatcha:
tell me ur source of origination in lagos oh
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by taytee(m): 12:51am On Sep 15, 2018
taytee:
im waiting for your response
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by obailala(m): 12:51am On Sep 15, 2018
LordAdam:

NOI grounded the economy and still created more net jobs than your Adeosun who waterboarded our economy and in connivance with recession-in-chief took us into a recession as well as send 15m jobs to purgatory. While doubling our national budget and debt profile in only 3 years.

Korofo accountant. Go and tell Twitter, Standard Chartered, Gavi, Lavarde, and ACN that she grounded Nigeria's economy. Go and tell the UN DSG who served with her both under OBJ and GEJ that she grounded Nigeria's economy. Go tell the AfDB President that she grounded Nigeria's economy. Rants of a nobody.

You guys think it is still 2015. Propaganda will only get you so far. Nobody takes you guys seriously anymore aside your fellow jobless 30k propagandists.

-Lord

Oga, when $400bn flows into an economy, even if the leaders are idiots, the economy will have a semblance of flourish regardless of whether the money was spent wisely or not. But then, the only way to know whether the money was spent wisely or not is by observing what happens when the excess money stops flowing. The speed with which Nigeria's economy nosedived as soon as oil prices just began to drop is the greatest indicator of how wisely or otherwise the income boom was handled.

From late 2014, contractors weren't paid, oil importers weren't paid, $2billion had to be borrowed early 2015 to pay salaries, $10bn was eroded from the meagre reserves to defend the naira but it nevertheless fell from 160 to 230; reserves they met at around $45bn was wrecked to $28.6bn, gdp growth rate instantly began falling uncontrollably the moment oil income started dropping, less than N20bn was budgeted for the entire ministry of works in 2015 meaning that zero capital projects were to be done in 2015, of course as contractor werent paid, retrenchment of workers started. For all these to have happened instantly from the moment oil money started reducing, it was clear evidence that the whole boom in the economy between 2010 - 2014 were just a smoke screen function of high oil prices.... Air head wouldn't understand this though.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by shotuns: 12:56am On Sep 15, 2018
So. many jobless, lazy youth with retarded ways of thinking and reading comprehension.
The presidency Stated it clearly, Not appointed but to. oversee the activitty of the depertment till another minister is appointed. I weep for my nation If these are the set of youth we have currently in the country.
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by husbandsnatcha(f): 12:59am On Sep 15, 2018
taytee:
my dear i dnt live in smelling place lyk lagos...
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by husbandsnatcha(f): 1:01am On Sep 15, 2018
LordAdam:

Don't worry, you'd get used to it. Just note the usernames as you go.
-Lord
usernane? hahaha dnt make me laff
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by jayson87: 1:02am On Sep 15, 2018
obailala:
Oga, when $400bn flows into an economy, even if the leaders are idiots, the economy will have a semblance of flourish regardless of whether the money was spent wisely or not. But then, the only way to know whether the money was spent wisely or not is by observing what happens when the excess money stops flowing. The speed with which Nigeria's economy nosedived as soon as oil prices just began to drop is the greatest indicator of how wisely or otherwise the income boom was handled.

From late 2014, contractors weren't paid, oil importers weren't paid, $2billion had to be borrowed early 2015 to pay salaries, $10bn was eroded from the meagre reserves to defend the naira but it nevertheless fell from 160 to 230; reserves they met at around $45bn was wrecked to $28.6bn, gdp growth rate instantly began falling uncontrollably the moment oil income started dropping, less than N20bn was budgeted for the entire ministry of works in 2015 meaning that zero capital projects were to be done in 2015, of course as contractor werent paid, retrenchment of workers started. For all these to have happened instantly from the moment oil money started reducing, it was clear evidence that the whole boom in the economy between 2010 - 2014 were just a smoke screen function of high oil prices.... Air head wouldn't understand this though.

You are still leaving in the delusion of what Buhari and Osinbajo told you, the facts are there and the indicators are there to tell who is a better manager.
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by LordAdam: 1:13am On Sep 15, 2018
obailala:
[s]Oga, when $400bn flows into an economy, even if the leaders are idiots, the economy will have a semblance of flourish regardless of whether the money was spent wisely or not. But then, the only way to know whether the money was spent wisely or not is by observing what happens when the excess money stops flowing. The speed with which Nigeria's economy nosedived as soon as oil prices just began to drop is the greatest indicator of how wisely or otherwise the income boom was handled.

[/s]

Is it that you don't understand English in the night or what? I v no time to debate with you.

Kindly forward your reply to Twitter, Standard Chartered, Gavi, Lavarde, and ACN. Also copy the UN DSG and AfDB President.

After you're done, sit back and revel in the knowledge that Adeosun is a proven certificate forger.

I did same to dolly.ak (make I pity him/her, no disturb am again) two days ago with the Ogoni cleanup. And I'm certain I've quoted you earlier this year to mock you. All of una na one by one I go remember una wen I get chance. Our arguments in 2015/2016 aged well.

At least you accepted NOI is more renowned than Adeosun. Take care.

-Lord
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by LordAdam: 1:19am On Sep 15, 2018
jayson87:
You are still leaving in the delusion of what Buhari and Osinbajo told you, the facts are there and the indicators are there to tell who is a better manager.

Leave that guy. He has been using that line since 2014. He's forgotten no one except his fellow BMC propagandists buys it anymore. Just let him huff and puff.

Back in 2015 and early 2016, he and his ilk riddled the front page political threads with these theories to wide aplomb. Now, they're at the fringes, dodging threads to post in. They'd fade into irrelevance when APC is no longer in power. He is like Lai Mohammed and his type would be like flat-earthers in the future political spectrum.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by obailala(m): 1:49am On Sep 15, 2018
jayson87:
You are the one livving in the delusion of politicians. In all i said, I quoted economic indices and verifiable figures, not the words of any politician. When you're given figures, it's left for you to use your head to run the analysis yourself.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by Eluwilussit(m): 2:19am On Sep 15, 2018
IbrahimDamola:
We Afonja right now! Buhari why!!!!!

grin grin grin

Edited

Shebi na buhari wey we say go give we yoruba presidency in 2023 since him hate ibos. grin

Na him o! grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by jmaine: 2:25am On Sep 15, 2018
It is mind boggling seeing APC idiots dare try to compare a forger like Adeosun to NOI. Una still dey do this zombie thing for even 2018.

Na wao......

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by BabaRamota1980: 2:34am On Sep 15, 2018
jmaine:
It is mind boggling seeing APC idiots dare try to compare a forger like Adeosun to NOI. Una still dey do this zombie thing for even 2018.

Na wao......

Okoro tell this your NOI to return to her country now. Wetin she dey fear?
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by MYHUBBY: 2:56am On Sep 15, 2018
Thebabenextdoor:
Afonjas sorry o

Hausa Amaka cheesy

at least you Igbo are happy now? na thunder go strike anyone that complain of buhari not appointing a Southerner again

buhari is fit to appoint anyone that fits in to his cabinet. I'm not an APC member but I'll personally ridicule anyone that say pim on buhari appointment again

you dummy southerners. North will cover and protect their own but you dimwit favourable educated unexposed southerners would be acting like dummies
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by jmaine: 3:10am On Sep 15, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Okoro tell this your NOI to return to her country now. Wetin she dey fear?

Are you this daft? So she should leave her reputable international engagements just to please idiots.

The new zombie even called me an Okoro. grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by 2016v2017: 3:14am On Sep 15, 2018
modsfucker:
Hausa 1 : 0 Yoruba
yorubas will know how far if Buhari eventually return for second term.Osinbanjo will be replaced.Fulani herdsmen will take over South West by fire by force.
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by otipoju(m): 3:20am On Sep 15, 2018
3millionia:
Buhari my mentoor

Sai Baba !

Clear road !! grin

You wan kill yourself ontop 3k per month wey dem dey pay una
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by BabaRamota1980: 3:29am On Sep 15, 2018
2016v2017:

yorubas will know how far if Buhari eventually return for second term.Osinbanjo will be replaced.Fulani herdsmen will take over South West by fire by force.

See as you dey pour the venom in your heart onto nairaland.

North know after Buhari na Yoruba, and they know we do not forget wrongs. They are not like Ibo, they would self-preserve.
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by bellotaofeek: 4:13am On Sep 15, 2018
DSS.... Aboki
Finance Aboki

Baba Don DeY abokilized this thing again o

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by Nobody: 4:58am On Sep 15, 2018
Thebabenextdoor:
Afonjas sorry o

Hausa Amaka cheesy
resurgent2019 grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation by Uchimah: 5:47am On Sep 15, 2018
Undermining Buhari's AGENDA OF FULANI DOMINANCE AND ENSLAVEMENT OF THE ABORIGINES OF THIS GREAT NATION would amount to a tearful and suicidal future if they (FULANIS) succeed this Nation again come 2019. The Peace we need to coexist in diversity or divide in consensus can never be found on the sword of any who lives by the blood others, and the displacement of the survivors of his blood thirst. A PEOPLE WHO CAN COMFORTABLY REAP APART A PREGNANT WOMAN'S BELLY WITH SWORD BECAUSE THEY ARE IN POWER WILL DO WORSE IF THEY REMAIN IN POWER. By God's Grace, I love them, but they are not good in power.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Protest Against Electricity, Fuel Price Increment, Anti-People Policy In Lagos / Akpabio Visits Ooni Of Ife, Seeks Blessings For Senate President Bid (Pictures) / Guess What This Old Woman Is Saying To Peter Obi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.