Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,680 members, 7,831,108 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket (23899 Views)

Train/Bus Accident: Sanwo-Olu Declares Three Days Mourning Period In Lagos / 2023: Rochas Okorocha Declares bid To Run For President / Sanwo-Olu Declares State Of Emergency On Roads, Massive Rehabilitation Starts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by dancewith: 5:57pm On Sep 16, 2018
Teewhy2:
The thing is it is better not to dine with them, than trying to fight the same structure you benefited from. If things go against ambode and this man wins he will have same problem when it gets to 2023. I won't be blaming tinubu for holding Lagos to ransom but the opposition even with the federal power that couldn't wrestle power away from him. He also wrestle power from some one ( came out of AD to form AC) and it is for sure he will lose that power one day but what are the opposition doing to make that day come early.

You forgot the power of rigging. That's what has kept his grip on Lagos since 1999

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by poseidon12: 5:58pm On Sep 16, 2018
His vision for Lagos sounds great, but we need details of how he intends to achieve it.
Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 16, 2018
tunwumi:

Only few people understand the political demograph of Lagos. Ambode will lose as the die is casted he offended the little cronies surrounding Jagaban and Jagaban will not risk his Alfa male status of the group for Ambode hence he subscribed to direct primary.

The impeachment is already on the table in the house of Assemebly so they need him to go for antiparty activity so they can blow it out. It will take him at least 3years to reverse it. Then the tenure will be a past tense.

But how did Ambode get himself into this in the first place?

He stepped on so many toes by scrapping out some policies such as the waste, brt to mention a few.
It's from this initiatives some of the cabals were having contracts through the government. Ambode's coming into the government just looked like a revenge plan to scatter things fashola had put in place, instead of him to go with continuity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by gasparpisciotta: 6:00pm On Sep 16, 2018
sarrki:
Seriously am a full fledged Tinubu follower

Ambode will win in any party
Stop deceiving yourself, Ambode wouldn't win his street if not for APC, we card carrying members in Lagos no longer want him. Shikena. This one no be Tinubu matter, it is settled

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by buzz8u: 6:00pm On Sep 16, 2018
I SEE PDP COMING WITH AMBODE AND OTEDOLA AS HIS RUNNING MATE FOR LAGOS
Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by kitone: 6:02pm On Sep 16, 2018
Ambode is only following a lay down structural plan from the blue print.those of us that leave in lagos will not vote him.he increased tenement rate by over 200% houses have now sky rocketed because because landlord needs to pay for it. .every where is dirty.if he so good he should not be afraid to face is so called masses in the direct primaries.

Kulas:
Good thing is about to happen in lagos as the era of one mini god politician is about to be broken.Ambode should decamp to any party and i will assure you lagosians will vote for Ambode

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by papascode: 6:03pm On Sep 16, 2018
[quote author=Ebullience post=71253416]Babajide Sanwo-Olu has announced his bid to seek the ticket of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2019 Lagos governorship election.

Sanwo-Olu made his intention known on Sunday while addressing his supporters at City Hall, Lagos.

The governorship aspirant says he intends to make Lagos the “greatest, most vibrant city on the African continent, taking its rightful place in the comity of states around the globe”.

He said: “I have a vision for a Lagos with modern and affordable transport system, impeccable public health facilities, world class educational institutions, where we succeed in educating and skilling our youth, especially our children.

“A vision for a Lagos where our children are educated and our youth are highly-skilled, healthy, free of hunger, illiteracy, disease and destitution.

“There’s a lot of work to be done to achieve the Lagos of our dream.”

Sanwo-Olu said he “will be a good party man and run an inclusive government” while he also commended Babatunde Fashola, former Lagos governor, for his efforts while leading the state.

The former banker is believed to have the backing of Mandate Movement, a group loyal to Bola Tinubu, national leader of the party.

In 2003, Sanwo-Olu served as special adviser on corporate matters to Femi Pedro, former deputy governor of Lagos.

He will contest against Akinwunmi Ambode, Lagos governor, for the APC ticket.

https://www.thecable.ng/sanwo-olu-declares-bid-challenge-ambode-lagos-apc-guber-ticket/

[/quot

AMBODE FOR VICE PRESIDENT PDP!!!
Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by Aniwura(m): 6:04pm On Sep 16, 2018
Anointing service drama: Ambode sacks chaplain 24 hours after Sunday service …priest, family thrown out of residence for ‘disrespecting’ gov’s wife sometime in year 2017. Now it appears the JAGABAN has made up his mind to send Ambode packing.

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 16, 2018
Mynd44:

His crime is that he has not funded the party in the state. He has also fired those who have been funding the party. The normal deal is to award contracts out, party embers get these contracts and do the job. By this, the party is funded, work is done and everyone goes home happy.

His cancellation of PSP waste operators also meant a lot of contractors went out of work.

You've said it just the way I had it in mind. I even hear the oba of Lagos is not happy with him.
If you ask me though, I think Tinubu is not ready to loose the goodwill of some few powerful Lagos cabals (whom Ambode has stepped on their toes, mostly by taking away their contracts) just to give Ambode the ticket. It will be bad politics.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by ogunsbanjul(m): 6:07pm On Sep 16, 2018
The truth is anybody that's picked as APC flag bearer will surely win the governorship election in Lagos. Note that this is not south/east or south/south nor northern politics rather south/west politics. We should all know that Yoruba do respect elders. Having read party members side of the story in Lagos state, I am of the opinion that Ambode bleeped up in terms of his self acclaimed agenda by condemning most legacies by his predecessors. Tinubu is a leader who listens to the final decision of the party. Asiwaju has no hand in Ambode predicament or misunderstanding with the Lagos State party faithful. Please stop criticizing Asiwaju Tinubu. We respect his legacies in Yoruba land. My own view oooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by Sannisege: 6:10pm On Sep 16, 2018
pat077:
If ambode lose the primary, he should test his popularity in another party
Even Ambode knows that it is whoever APC presents that will win Lagos. Lagos is a one party state

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by CilicMarin: 6:10pm On Sep 16, 2018
reuben79:
wait oga........ Wait 4 d primary and after d primary let lagosans decide...go and write it down d end of tinubu in Lagos is very close.nobody is God.we shall meet here after d election

It will be his end because he refused to support Ambode.
Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 16, 2018
buzz8u:

you need to get glasses because ambode and otedola are both christian and from Epe

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by Hotfreeze: 6:14pm On Sep 16, 2018
buzz8u:

Ambode and Otedola are both from Epe.
Keep seeing. Political JJC.

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by Hotfreeze: 6:17pm On Sep 16, 2018
Aniwura:
Anointing service drama: Ambode sacks chaplain 24 hours after Sunday service …priest, family thrown out of residence for ‘disrespecting’ gov’s wife sometime in year 2017. Now it appears the JAGABAN has made up his mind to send Ambode packing.

That same Ambode's wife has been running from pillar to post begging everyone. She begged Aisha to help her talk to Buhari to intercede on Ambode's behalf.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by sunky101(m): 6:28pm On Sep 16, 2018
Good it's still same APC, Why not share those ideas you got with Ambode Abi...Shaybe you want us to Join Hands together to make Lagos Great..So Join Hands together with Ambode and share the Ideas
Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:35pm On Sep 16, 2018
sarrki:

1. You are not Tinubu follower

2. Ambode cannot win outside APC. Should he make any attempt to defect he'd be impeached! That means he will contest as an impeached Governor without political structure. Dr Dosunmi case will be a child's play compared to his during the main election.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by atobs4real(m): 6:36pm On Sep 16, 2018
[quote author=Jflex07 post=71254118][/quote]
You will be the only one to vote for him. You are a pickin in politics
Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by Mccullum: 6:37pm On Sep 16, 2018
Tinubu may have his own problems but for me I can't support a governor that destroys nice policy he met, such as scrapping of LAWMA and sacking of their staffs and that is causing 95% of Lagos environs to extremely dirty, unfinish of most road reconstruction contracts which is causing huge traffic everywhere and lack of old roads maintenance.

Even if he defect to another party, he can't defeat APC in Lagos State, take it or leave it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by dyydxx: 6:39pm On Sep 16, 2018
sarrki:

then why is he running from pillar to post trying trying to beg Tinubu to prevail on the party faithfuls whom he has offended. You dont really know Tinubu...it's the IPOB Pigs and yeebos that are supporting Ambode. He has lost his way with the APC Lagos Party faithfuls. He personally lost my own support when he increased the Land use charge. Most people on the streets that will vote have deserted him and he has truly fallen from grace.

The real people that will vote in Lagos are ready to move on from him....it's the online IPOB pigs that are in Aba that will vote for him with their mouth that keep claiming Tinubu is holding lagos rasom and spewing all sorts of hatred towards Tinubu

The latest news is that Ambodde should support Sanwo-Olu so that he can get a federal appointment when Buhari wins re-election. That's the fall-out of the meeting between the VP and Oshiomole and Jagaban. Any other stunt pulled by Ambode will lead to his poitical suicide

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by Futurecrown(m): 6:45pm On Sep 16, 2018
buzz8u:
Funny you, Otedola running mate to Ambode? it seems you don't know they came from same Local government Area named EPE...
Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by kennys: 6:54pm On Sep 16, 2018
gaby:
This kind person wey body dey catch anyhow ehnnn.

The primaries might just happen and he'd be disgraced, humbled and seeking where to hide his face, by the time those presently clapping for him to dance, stopped clapping in the middle of the dance competition.

Enjoy my siggy
Because all the thief thief wey Tinubu dey expect e no reach am ,Dem dey find wey to puch better person away...God no go allow una plan to work. I don't know Ambo but his brilliant work will secure the second seat for him and beyond...
Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by bitbillionaire: 6:59pm On Sep 16, 2018
All those people saying Ambode would be impeached if he defect, you need to understand that if he does not commit any impeachable offence in the first place the impeachment would be declared null and void by the court of law.

I would advise Ambode to lobby and make sure majority of the state legislators defect from APC to other parties before he himself defect.
Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by tinsel: 7:21pm On Sep 16, 2018
buzz8u:
You stay in Onitsha and by typing. How can pdp come with two people from same town. If Ambode listens to your type and other pdp supporters cheering him on, he is in deep trouble.

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by precious1967(m): 7:32pm On Sep 16, 2018
Sanwo Olu ll lose. No giri giri for Ambode.
Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by yurLink: 7:33pm On Sep 16, 2018
[quote author=sarrki post=71253474]Seriously am a full fledged Tinubu follower

Ambode will win in any party [/quote

You don't know what u are saying, I hope u have your PVC

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by yurLink: 7:38pm On Sep 16, 2018
People are very naive, and most people don't understand the concept of politics, Ambode not getting a second term ticket don't mean lagos won't be in the hands of a competent administrator.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by marttol: 7:58pm On Sep 16, 2018
Tokziby:
All na party politics in order not to look like Ambode is unopposed...

We all know Ambode will get a 2nd term even if he decamps to pdp, his works speaks for him.

Ambo till 2023...
APC will rig
Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by Gogetta(m): 8:06pm On Sep 16, 2018
sarrki:

yes, but the problem is that Ambode will not stay long enough as governor to run under another party. He would be impeached. The best thing to him is to keep pleading,and if that fails, bow out peacefully.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by bluecircle470: 8:07pm On Sep 16, 2018
Sharpshooota:
This is the end of Tinubu grip on Lagos...

Quote me anywhere..

Hmmm, Incase you don’t know e don red for Ambode cos he can’t win 5 LG in Lagos state without Tinubu grassroots backing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by Hotfreeze: 8:26pm On Sep 16, 2018
bitbillionaire:
All those people saying Ambode would be impeached if he defect, you need to understand that if he does not commit any impeachable offence in the first place the impeachment would be declared null and void by the court of law.

I would advise Ambode to lobby and make sure majority of the state legislators defect from APC to other parties before he himself defect.

Lol. You want APC lawmakers to defect?
It's like you don't know Lagos politics or you're a teenager.

Firstly, any thing can be declared an impeachable offence and the court won't nullify impeachment because of that. The court only nullifies impeachment when the LEGAL PROCEDURES are not followed. Offences are immaterial.

Secondly, any APC legislator who decides to decamp, hundreds are ready to snatch his seat o. Ambode offended even the Legislature themselves and they'll leave him to carry his cross alone.

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by Housing(m): 10:19pm On Sep 16, 2018
sarrki:

Ambode is gone how can you sidelined party faithfuls, indigenous leaders and critical stake holders and expect there will be no consequences.

Fighting PSP operators alone is like fighting a group with 100billion investment, 250,000 employees and 5Million family members and associates

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Ortom To Invite President Buhari To Commission Projects / Bola Tinubu Holds Private Meeting With UK MP, Andrew Mitchell (Pictures) / PSC Appoints Najatu Mohammed To Monitor Police Officers During Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.