Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,756 members, 7,831,441 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket (23901 Views)

Train/Bus Accident: Sanwo-Olu Declares Three Days Mourning Period In Lagos / 2023: Rochas Okorocha Declares bid To Run For President / Sanwo-Olu Declares State Of Emergency On Roads, Massive Rehabilitation Starts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by Malawian(m): 10:39pm On Sep 16, 2018
dyydxx:

then why is he running from pillar to post trying trying to beg Tinubu to prevail on the party faithfuls whom he has offended. You dont really know Tinubu...it's the IPOB Pigs and yeebos that are supporting Ambode. He has lost his way with the APC Lagos Party faithfuls. He personally lost my own support when he increased the Land use charge. Most people on the streets that will vote have deserted him and he has truly fallen from grace.

The real people that will vote in Lagos are ready to move on from him....it's the online IPOB pigs that are in Aba that will vote for him with their mouth that keep claiming Tinubu is holding lagos rasom and spewing all sorts of hatred towards Tinubu

The latest news is that Ambodde should support Sanwo-Olu so that he can get a federal appointment when Buhari wins re-election. That's the fall-out of the meeting between the VP and Oshiomole and Jagaban. Any other stunt pulled by Ambode will lead to his poitical suicide
If anyone will vote Ambode, it is not Igbos. I cant even begin to list all his anti-Igbo policies here in Lagos. My fear was that it is Yoruba people that will vote him in because of his bigotry. Take for instance this LUC, Our house was billed 400k (ours is a two story building), the next compound owned by Yorubas, theirs was 50k (one story building). The compound my office is located at (also owned by Yoruba) which is also a two storey building, their LUC was 115k. I was even the one that picked their LUC bill for them.

Believe me, it is Yoruba people that will vote Ambode because they might prefer his Bigotry to Tinubu godfatherism.
Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by delpee(f): 10:46pm On Sep 16, 2018
May the best man win.
Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by otokzmail(m): 10:47pm On Sep 16, 2018
it is obvious that Jagaban is fighting for his interest, not majorly his party members'. But he should remember that everything in life has repercussions.
He will someday be disgraced and his hands be cut off from the grip of Lagos. Eko is not his family house.
He will soon be forgotten. History will tell.
Ask Obasanjo, Rini, who thought they own Nigeria.
Well I think that Ambode should bow out honourably and let God vindicate him. He has made his history will forever be loved by Lagosians.
..........Long live Ambode..........#istandwithambode.
Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by Olumeme: 11:33pm On Sep 16, 2018
I hate Tinubu but Ambode cannot win without his support.
I laugh hard when I hear people say PDP will take over Lagos, lol, How? Except only those that are ignorant.

Winning a governorship election will be possible if only you have good structures in at least 70% of the wards.
Most of the local government chairmen, councilors, Iyalojas, trade unions, Okada and NURTW people are with Tinubu, how can Ambode or PDP win?

Finances is in his pocket, he chooses 80% of appointees for the governor, the traditional institution is in his pocket.
Even if Ambode's commissioners are to decide his fate, he will still loose because they are all Tinubu boys. If he decamps, he will be impeached in less 30mins.

The same thing happened to Fashola, he couldn't decide his successor because Tinubu wanted Ambode, now that Ambode Is not wanted by the man who made him in the first place then he's as good as gone.

Further more, Buhari will support Tinubu as against Ambode because he needs Tinubu more, he knows he has more clout and he will easily throw Ambode away to favor or rig for Tinubu..
Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by Hotfreeze: 12:07am On Sep 17, 2018
otokzmail:
it is obvious that Jagaban is fighting for his interest, not majorly his party members' . But he should remember that everything in life has repercussions.
He will someday be disgraced and his hands be cut off from the grip of Lagos. Eko is not his family house.
He will soon be forgotten. History will tell.
Ask Obasanjo, Rini, who thought they own Nigeria.
Well I think that Ambode should bow out honourably and let God vindicate him. He has made his history will forever be loved by Lagosians.
..........Long live Ambode..........#istandwithambode.

Since Tinubu is fighting for his interest, mention one APC member in Lagos who has said a word in support of Ambode or pleaded on his behalf.

Ambode has stopped all the means of livelihood for APC members in Lagos. He stopped PSP operators, stopped the old women in Highway Managers and the painful part is that he can't justify his 3 years on that seat. He's just patching roads and building bus stops about.

No Health achievements
No Educational achievements
No Power Generation Achievements
Nothing.

All he does is collect inflated LUC taxes and all.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by Hotfreeze: 12:10am On Sep 17, 2018
Malawian:

If anyone will vote Ambode, it is not Igbos. I cant even begin to list all his anti-Igbo policies here in Lagos. My fear was that it is Yoruba people that will vote him in because of his bigotry. Take for instance this LUC, Our house was billed 400k (ours is a two story building), the next compound owned by Yorubas, theirs was 50k (one story building). The compound my office is located at (also owned by Yoruba) which is also a two storey building, their LUC was 115k. I was even the one that picked their LUC bill for them.

Believe me, it is Yoruba people that will vote Ambode because they might prefer his Bigotry to Tinubu godfatherism.

When you Igbos insult Yorubas online and offline, you didn't think there would be consequences?

See, Ambode has been very lenient with Igbos. Anyone coming after Ambode would treat Igbos exactly how they have treated Yorubas.

Or you don't want us to treat you how you've treated us? grin

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by vena92: 12:16am On Sep 17, 2018
Thebabenextdoor:

He stepped on so many toes by scrapping out some policies such as the waste, brt to mention a few.
It's from this initiatives some of the cabals were having contracts through the government. Ambode's coming into the government just looked like a revenge plan to scatter things fashola had put in place, instead of him to go with continuity
The Danfo issue too.
NURTW in Lagos is also against him.
Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by vena92: 12:18am On Sep 17, 2018
buzz8u:
I SEE PDP COMING WITH AMBODE AND OTEDOLA AS HIS RUNNING MATE FOR LAGOS
Funny guy .
Do you live in Lagos
Ambode and Otedola are from the Same place Epe.
So they can't possibly run on the same ticket.
Besides Otedola isn't running for any post.
Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by vena92: 12:21am On Sep 17, 2018
ogunsbanjul:
The truth is anybody that's picked as APC flag bearer will surely win the governorship election in Lagos. Note that this is not south/east or south/south nor northern politics rather south/west politics. We should all know that Yoruba do respect elders. Having read party members side of the story in Lagos state, I am of the opinion that Ambode bleeped up in terms of his self acclaimed agenda by condemning most legacies by his predecessors. Tinubu is a leader who listens to the final decision of the party. Asiwaju has no hand in Ambode predicament or misunderstanding with the Lagos State party faithful. Please stop criticizing Asiwaju Tinubu. We respect his legacies in Yoruba land. My own view oooo
Spot on !!!
Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by Nobody: 12:21am On Sep 17, 2018
vena92:
The Danfo issue too.
NURTW in Lagos is also against him.

As it stands sef, he doesn't even have complete 100%support of the populace, unlike fashola. His only hope is begging jagaban, that's where his fate lies.
If he had done well, he would not even be in this mess.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by deomelo: 12:30am On Sep 17, 2018
sarrki:
Seriously am a full fledged Tinubu follower

Ambode will win in any party

Ambode's exit ship don sail long long time ago.

He can win primary in the PDP or any other party, but he can not win any election in Lagos because Lagosians don't like him.

Are Lagosians defending Ambode or sunning to his side like they did in favor Fashola? No.

1. Ambode is a sad and pathetic victim of Ambode himself simply because he created his own mess and downfall and he topped it off with incompetence, thoughtless policies and needless arrogance and poor leadership skills.

2. Ambode failed across the board and Lagosians are not feeling him like they did Fashola.

3. Fashola set the bar, but Ambode fell short and the fact that he sidetracked laid down winning formulas set by his predecessors didn't help his case especially with obvious effects of his failure all over the place for Lagosians to see 24/7

4. Tinubu as the face and leader of the APC in Lagos can not afford to let Ambode or any bad and incompetent Governor screw up their chances in Lagos state so I do understand his concern politically.

5. Direct primaries has nothing to do with Ambode and Tinubu can not in one breath preach and advocate direct primaries all over the country and in another breath do imposition and god-fatherism in his own state.

6. Ambode drank too much power and picked fights with everybody, he even fought Aregbesola in Osun.

The man is too petty and vindictive, he abandoned Fashola's projects and even duplicated many just to erase Fashola's achievements.

Bottom line, Ambode failed professionally and politically.

Good riddance.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by Nobody: 12:36am On Sep 17, 2018
dyydxx:

then why is he running from pillar to post trying trying to beg Tinubu to prevail on the party faithfuls whom he has offended. You dont really know Tinubu...it's the IPOB Pigs and yeebos that are supporting Ambode. He has lost his way with the APC Lagos Party faithfuls. He personally lost my own support when he increased the Land use charge. Most people on the streets that will vote have deserted him and he has truly fallen from grace.

The real people that will vote in Lagos are ready to move on from him....it's the online IPOB pigs that are in Aba that will vote for him with their mouth that keep claiming Tinubu is holding lagos rasom and spewing all sorts of hatred towards Tinubu

The latest news is that Ambodde should support Sanwo-Olu so that he can get a federal appointment when Buhari wins re-election. That's the fall-out of the meeting between the VP and Oshiomole and Jagaban. Any other stunt pulled by Ambode will lead to his poitical suicide

For goodness sake pls and pls leave igbos out of this. We are not the cause of Ambode and Tinubu's quarrel, stop dragging us into what is not our business.
You yourubas voted massively for Ambode in 2015,whether its to spite us, we really don't care.
Now you have come to say we support Ambode.is your memory really this short, or you just want to disgrace yourself on a public forum?
Sensible lagosians are debating on his act of governance, and trying to know the way forward, u just decided to go south and tribal. U obviously don't have anything meaningful and reasonable to contribute
When has any igbo or group come out to support Ambode?
Pls leave us out of this. We really don't care

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by Hotfreeze: 1:20am On Sep 17, 2018
deomelo:

Ambode's exit ship don sail long long time ago.

He can win primary in the PDP or any other party, but he can not win any election in Lagos because Lagosians don't like him.

Are Lagosians defending Ambode or sunning to his side like they did in favor Fashola? No.

1. Ambode is a sad and pathetic victim of Ambode himself simply because he created his own mess and downfall and he topped it off with incompetence, thoughtless policies and needless arrogance and poor leadership skills.

2. Ambode failed across the board and Lagosians are not feeling him like they did Fashola.

3. Fashola set the bar, but Ambode fell short and the fact that he sidetracked laid down winning formulas set by his predecessors didn't help his case especially with obvious effects of his failure all over the place for Lagosians to see 24/7

4. Tinubu as the face and leader of the APC in Lagos can not afford to let Ambode or any bad and incompetent Governor screw up their chances in Lagos state so I do understand his concern politically.

5. Direct primaries has nothing to do with Ambode and Tinubu can not in one breath preach and advocate direct primaries all over the country and in another breath do imposition and god-fatherism in his own state.

6. Ambode drank too much power and picked fights with everybody, he even fought Aregbesola in Osun.

The man is too petty and vindictive, he abandoned Fashola's projects and even duplicated many just to erase Fashola's achievements.

Bottom line, Ambode failed professionally and politically.

Good riddance.

I think Ambode has suicide spirit worrying him and pushing him to self-destruct. Who on hell fights Aregbe?

It was this same Aregbe who begged Tinubu on Fashola's behalf in 2007 when Tinubu wanted to drop Fashola.

Even as mad as Fayose is, he doesn't have problems with Aregbe. Ambode has messed up jare.

Let Steve Ayorinde and the clowns misleading him go and mobilize grassroots support for him.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by dyydxx: 7:13am On Sep 17, 2018
Thebabenextdoor:

For goodness sake pls and pls leave igbos out of this. We are not the cause of Ambode and Tinubu's quarrel, stop dragging us into what is not our business.
You yourubas voted massively for Ambode in 2015,whether its to spite us, we really don't care.
Now you have come to say we support Ambode.is your memory really this short, or you just want to disgrace yourself on a public forum?
Sensible lagosians are debating on his act of governance, and trying to know the way forward, u just decided to go south and tribal. U obviously don't have anything meaningful and reasonable to contribute
When has any igbo or group come out to support Ambode?
Pls leave us out of this. We really don't care

Lol! it's very easy to spot igbo posts on nairaland...vehement and blind hatred of tinubu and yorubas in general, you have folks that live in Aba pontificate on issues of Lagos as if they are on ground...you see statements like how can one man hold a single state to ransom and many other ipobic statements you automatically know where they come from. You see people invent crap and fabricate their fantasies. You see them burn every bridge even with their host communities....I could go on and on

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by bitbillionaire: 7:38am On Sep 17, 2018
Anything can be declared impeachable offence? You are reasoning like a four year old kid! Where in the constitution did you get that from? From your logic since anything can be declared an impeachable offence that means if Ambode construct new roads it's impeachable offence, if he build more hospitals or do anything that's for the good of the masses it could be used as an impeachable offence! What a logic!

I repeat, there are certain offence an elected officer can commit that would be impeachable and they are clearly stated in the constitution. Any impeachment that does not follow a laid down process or that is not justifiable in the light of the constitution can be declared null and void by the court of law!

The Lagos law makers can defect and still win their election if their performance can speak for them and their people like them! I refuse to believe that Lagos State will be the stronghold of APC forever

Hotfreeze:

Lol. You want APC lawmakers to defect?
It's like you don't know Lagos politics or you're a teenager.

Firstly, any thing can be declared an impeachable offence and the court won't nullify impeachment because of that. The court only nullifies impeachment when the LEGAL PROCEDURES are not followed. Offences are immaterial.

Secondly, any APC legislator who decides to decamp, hundreds are ready to snatch his seat o. Ambode offended even the Legislature themselves and they'll leave him to carry his cross alone.
Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by vena92: 8:23am On Sep 17, 2018
Thebabenextdoor:

As it stands sef, he doesn't even have complete 100%support of the populace, unlike fashola. His only hope is begging jagaban, that's where his fate lies.
If he had done well, he would not even be in this mess.
Thanks Jare, you know the drill.
Unlike all these kids that know nothing about Lagos Politics shouting PDP.
How many Councillors does PDP have in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by Hotfreeze: 9:17am On Sep 17, 2018
bitbillionaire:
Anything can be declared impeachable offence? You are reasoning like a four year old kid! Where in the constitution did you get that from? From your logic since anything can be declared an impeachable offence that means if Ambode construct new roads it's impeachable offence, if he build more hospitals or do anything that's for the good of the masses it could be used as an impeachable offence! What a logic!

I repeat, there are certain offence an elected officer can commit that would be impeachable and they are clearly stated in the constitution. Any impeachment that does not follow a laid down process or that is not justifiable in the light of the constitution can be declared null and void by the court of law!

The Lagos law makers can defect and still win their election if their performance can speak for them and their people like them! I refuse to believe that Lagos State will be the stronghold of APC forever

Your problem is not just that you're ignorant, you've taken ignorance as your main occupation.

Someone can be impeached if found guilty of gross misconduct.
No law states what gross misconduct is.
Anything can be deemed gross misconduct.

Your problem is that APC rules Lagos unlike your backwards State which has nothing to show.

I won't argue with you. You saying APC lawmakers in Lagos should decamp shows you're abjectly ignorant of Lagos politics and you're arguing from a abundance of ignorance.

Go and ask those ready to teach you, I won't waste my time on you.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 17, 2018
[quote author=dyydxx post=71266887]

[s]Lol! it's very easy to spot igbo posts on nairaland...vehement and blind hatred of tinubu and yorubas in general, you have folks that live in Aba pontificate on issues of Lagos as if they are on ground...you see statements like how can one man hold a single state to ransom and many other ipobic statements you automatically know where they come from. You see people invent crap and fabricate their fantasies. You see them burn every bridge even with their host communities....I could go on and on[[/s]/quote]

cheesy
Leave ur thrash for psp

Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by dyydxx: 10:06am On Sep 17, 2018
[quote author=Thebabenextdoor post=71270724][/quote]

No Ambode will win re-election grin
Re: Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket by bitbillionaire: 9:00pm On Sep 17, 2018
Why are you fond of contradicting yourself? Obviously, you are ignorance personified! I don't need to argue with you: We will soon know who is who in Lagos State!

Hotfreeze:

Your problem is not just that you're ignorant, you've taken ignorance as your main occupation.

Someone can be impeached if found guilty of gross misconduct.
No law states what gross misconduct is.
Anything can be deemed gross misconduct.

Your problem is that APC rules Lagos unlike your backwards State which has nothing to show.

I won't argue with you. You saying APC lawmakers in Lagos should decamp shows you're abjectly ignorant of Lagos politics and you're arguing from a abundance of ignorance.

Go and ask those ready to teach you, I won't waste my time on you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Reconstructs Ikeja Military Cantonment Buildings Damaged By Bomb Blast / Czech Offers Scholarship To Wife Of Airforce Officer Killed By Boko Haram.PICS / Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.